Chit Chat
Options

Walking dead!!! ***Spoilers for the show up to the newest episode!!!***

PLEASE keep this about the show only. If you want to discuss, hint at or spoil the comics, you are free to make another thread. Even if they are different, there are similar ideas and characters and there are people reading the comics and not all the way caught up. I can't believe I have to explain all this, but the comics have been spoiled before in the last WD show thread I made. I don't want to ruin anyone's day.

Anyway, I'm not sure I really liked this weird indie artsy style they have going on right now. I also about shit my pants when The Gov' turned into a zombie. I was leaning in towards my computer screen and everything. It reminded me of those old screamer videos where you had to look closely at something and there would be a pop-up.

I was not really into the whole philosopher Tyreese. Most of he said sounded like a Miss America pageant girl trying to string together a sentence about world peace. Not really sure what he was trying to say, at all. Also, can you imagine trying to lug 250 pound tyreese through the woods?

I'm going to pretend the zombies were all cut up weird at that safe zone because it was easier to  move the bodies. 

RIP Tyreese. I didn't really care about your death and I feel bad that I didn't care.

Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Walking dead!!! ***Spoilers for the show up to the newest episode!!!***

• Options
    larrygagalarrygaga member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    edited February 2015
    I want to add something moderately to incredibly offensive. Have you guys heard the walking dead rule of 1? Only one black guy allowed on the show at a time? It's like a big internet joke. Anyway, I just read this comment.

"This is the way it has to be Tyrese. The black guy ratio was out of whack. - Bob"

Also: "I finally know why everybody hates Chris". ~IGN review comment.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

• Options
    I liked Tyrese - who's gonna be Judith's nanny now?  :(

• Options
    novella1186novella1186 member
    edited February 2015
    Last night's episode really really really pissed me off. I felt like I got totally screwed out of an actual episode. 

It was like they only wrote enough script for about 20 minutes of actual things happening, so they filled in the rest of the hour with those bullshit "artistic" shots of the SAME THINGS over. And over. And over. And over. 

So after a full hour, the only thing that happened is that Tyrese died. K. 
  • Options
    I'm so glad TWD is back on. Finally.

I didn't necessarily mind the different artsy way of filming. At the beginning when Gabriel is preaching at a funeral, I assumed it was Beth. So when it ended up being Tyrese, I was surprised.

I definitely jumped all over the place when the Governor turned into a zombie. Also, when Lizzie and Mika were pulling his arm to get his to go with them, and then BAM! they're chopping his arm off. 

I looked at H while they were carrying him through the woods and was like, "Could you imagine trying to carry a man that big through the woods, especially when he's just dead weight?"

I hope the next episode is a little more action packed and they don't do the artsy thing again, one time was enough.

And LOL at, "Now I know why everyone hates Chirs."

• Options
    Last night's episode really really really pissed me off. I felt like I got totally screwed out of an actual episode. 

It was like they only wrote enough script for about 20 minutes of actual things happening, so they filled in the rest of the hour with those bullshit "artistic" shots of the SAME THINGS over. And over. And over. And over. 

This. SO ANNOYING.
  • Options
    emmaaa  I totally saw the arm chop coming after the gov turned into a zombie. I'm proud of not screaming like a little girl during that. Was cool though.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

• Options
    emmaaaemmaaa mod
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its First Answer
    edited February 2015
    larrygaga said:
    emmaaa  I totally saw the arm chop coming after the gov turned into a zombie. I'm proud of not screaming like a little girl during that. Was cool though.
    As soon as he was bit I yelled, "Chop your arm off!" like he could do it himself? I knew they would chop his arm off, I just didn't expect it at that exact moment. I am jumpy anyways.

ETF: missing letters

• Options
    emmaaa said:
    larrygaga said:
    As soon as he was bit I yelled, "Chop you arm off!" like he could do it himself? I knew they would chop his arm off, I just didn't expect it at that exact moment. I am jumpy anyways.
    I did exactly the same thing. But by the time they got there and chopped it off, I feel like it was too late anyway. The infected blood would have circulated all over his body by then. 
  • Options
    emmaaaemmaaa mod
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its First Answer
    edited February 2015
    emmaaa said:
    larrygaga said:
    As soon as he was bit I yelled, "Chop you arm off!" like he could do it himself? I knew they would chop his arm off, I just didn't expect it at that exact moment. I am jumpy anyways.
    I did exactly the same thing. But by the time they got there and chopped it off, I feel like it was too late anyway. The infected blood would have circulated all over his body by then. 
    That was my thought. But I also wonder how long Noah was actually gone? The episode was so choppy it was hard to tell. 

ETF: words again. I need to stop typing while I'm on the phone.

• Options
    emmaaa said:
    emmaaa said:
    larrygaga said:
    That was my fault. But I also wonder how long Noah was actually gone? The episode was so choppy it was hard to tell. 
    That's true. To me it seemed like quite a while (probably cuz I was so bored) but it could have been like 2 minutes in "real time." 
  • Options

This. SO ANNOYING.
    I agree. We started it about 30 mins late so we could fast-forward through commercials, and I feel like we had only been watching for about 10 minutes and then I realized we only had 10 minutes left. TF?

That aside, I did kind of enjoy the way this scene was done. I liked that they brought back certain ones who had died to 'help' (I guess?) Tyrese come to terms with his death? (I put a ? because I only think that's what they were going for, not totally sure.) But that could have totally be done in 10 minutes. I didn't need a whole hour of it.

I really need them to explain why there were pieces of people laying everywhere all through the episode.

I also have decided I'm over this whole Maggie/Glen thing and Maggie can die anytime now.
    Anniversary

• Options
    Maggie used to be so amazing....
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

• Options
    I hated it. All of it. Whole damn thing. 

And yeah, the "rule of 1" is pretty obvious on that show. Preacher man's gotta be next.

• Options

This. SO ANNOYING.
    I agree. We started it about 30 mins late so we could fast-forward through commercials, and I feel like we had only been watching for about 10 minutes and then I realized we only had 10 minutes left. TF?

That aside, I did kind of enjoy the way this scene was done. I liked that they brought back certain ones who had died to 'help' (I guess?) Tyrese come to terms with his death? (I put a ? because I only think that's what they were going for, not totally sure.) But that could have totally be done in 10 minutes. I didn't need a whole hour of it.

I really need them to explain why there were pieces of people laying everywhere all through the episode.

I also have decided I'm over this whole Maggie/Glen thing and Maggie can die anytime now.
    I didn't quite understand what the garbled crap on the radio was supposed to be. Some kind of hint as to how the whole zombie apocalypse thing initially unfolded? The British radio announcer said at least twice that the rebel groups or vigilante groups or whatever were defeating some of the (walkers?) but had also turned super violent and were hacking innocent people to death. So I kind of thought maybe the body pieces were supposed to be those innocent people that got cut up in a violent/paranoid frenzy by the groups that were supposed to be fighting the walkers? Maybe? Who knows. 
  • Options

This. SO ANNOYING.

I didn't quite understand what the garbled crap on the radio was supposed to be. Some kind of hint as to how the whole zombie apocalypse thing initially unfolded? The British radio announcer said at least twice that the rebel groups or vigilante groups or whatever were defeating some of the (walkers?) but had also turned super violent and were hacking innocent people to death. So I kind of thought maybe the body pieces were supposed to be those innocent people that got cut up in a violent/paranoid frenzy by the groups that were supposed to be fighting the walkers? Maybe? Who knows. 
    I was wondering that too. I almost took it as a play back from a previous war and time when the rebels were considered savages and the group was turning into savages with no regard for human life. IDK?

• Options
    REDACTED QUOTE TREE

I was wondering that too. I almost took it as a play back from a previous war and time when the rebels were considered savages and the group was turning into savages with no regard for human life. IDK?
    I thought it was from the civil war in Rwanda in the 90s... That Tyrese was remembering something he listened to on the radio with his dad when he was little.

Overall, not a huge fan of the episode.  It seemed to me to be an excuse to bring back a lot of actors that they have killed off and not much more.
  • Options
    melbenso said:
    Overall, not a huge fan of the episode.  It seemed to me to be an excuse to bring back a lot of actors that they have killed off and not much more.
    Yeah H and I were joking that all those actors must have had one more episode left in their contracts so the writers had to throw in some weird delusions.

• Options
    If this is how the season goes this might actually be the time for me to call it quits. It might become one of the background shows I watch while I clean or paint. I don't have many shows I sit and actually watch. 

Speaking of which, when does game of thrones come out??????????
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

• Options
    larrygaga said:
    If this is how the season goes this might actually be the time for me to call it quits. It might become one of the background shows I watch while I clean or paint. I don't have many shows I sit and actually watch. 

Yeah at this point I'm pretty over it, and just waiting for it to end. I feel like I'm too invested to give up now.

• Options
    larrygaga said:

Yeah at this point I'm pretty over it, and just waiting for it to end. I feel like I'm too invested to give up now.
    My entire family watches this show and it's like a big family bonding thing. I will never be able to not watch it.

I'm talking both parents, 5 siblings and a nephew. I'm talking about thanksgiving 1 TV is on the game and 1 TV is on the walking dead marathon. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

• Options
    OT, I know, but GOT starts up in April.  There was a preview for the season circulating a week or two ago.  It's on YouTube HERE.
  • Options
    melbenso said:
    OT, I know, but GOT starts up in April.  There was a preview for the season circulating a week or two ago.  It's on YouTube HERE.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

• Options
    I'll have the unpopular opinion today and say I really liked the style of the episode. Seeing old characters was nice, and a good surprise. I hate that they killed two of my favourites back to back like that but I enjoyed the style of the episode. I can see why a lot of people would not though.

Did anyone else see the graffiti on a wall in the town? Something about Wolves Are Near (or close?)... I wonder if that has something to do with the weird body parts on the ground and in that truck.
    image Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    larrygagalarrygaga member
    edited February 2015
    So I'm wondering if the group will have to take on wild dogs? I hope it's not a name of an evil group, because that's pretty 3rd grade. 

They are pretty far south for wolves, but maybe they have the chance to roam now that humanity is basically gone? Or maybe it's just wild random dogs that aren't domesticated anymore.

Wild aggressive dog packs would be so scary.

I wish the group would have some trained dogs that helped them out. Anyone read WWZ?
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

• Options
    larrygaga said:
    So I'm wondering if the group will have to take on wild dogs? I hope it's not a name of an evil group, because that's pretty 3rd grade. 

They are pretty far south for wolves, but maybe they have the chance to roam now that humanity is basically gone? Or maybe it's just wild random dogs that aren't domesticated anymore.

I wish the group would have some trained dogs that helped them out. Anyone read WWZ?
    I've been wondering why there are basically 0 animals in the Walking Dead world. Like... not even stray cats. WTF? 

In "The Stand" one of the main dudes had a dog, and the dog was actually a great "character." So I've kind of been dying for the group to come across a dog... but that probably wouldn't work for their story lines. Whatever. I just like dogs. 
  • Options
    larrygaga said:

There was what appeared to be a pack of wolves in the teaser for next week's episode, as they get closer to DC. They also appear to run out of gas AGAIN.

I will say the one thing I was happy with last night was they finally got the fuck out of Georgia. Too many years of making it 2 miles down the road then getting sidetracked.

• Options
    larrygaga said:

There was what appeared to be a pack of wolves in the teaser for next week's episode, as they get closer to DC. They also appear to run out of gas AGAIN.

I will say the one thing I was happy with last night was they finally got the fuck out of Georgia. Too many years of making it 2 miles down the road then getting sidetracked.
    oh. I didn't watch the full teaser, lol!

I kinda hope they go past Washington and drive right up to Michigan. Fresh water, zombies slow down in the cold (maybe), and it would just be neato.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

• Options
    I saw a comment somewhere on an article that the bodies that fell on the truck when they were leaving had a W carved on them. But I am at work so I haven't been able to rewatch that scene to confirm it or not. I assumed wolves meant literal wolves. H had thought maybe the people that lived there used bodies as bait to keep the wolves around to keep the walkers away, but then we saw the torsos and heads in that truck and didn't know what to think.

More weird shit is going on as usual I guess

I was also glad they are finally away from the same area. It will be nice to see them in new places and not just a short drive away from multiple locations they've already visited. Although I wonder if we'll see Morgan again since they are now hundreds of miles away from Terminus.
    image Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    I really liked it.
    Especially after the mid season break, I feel like I almost need a reintroduction, a look back as well as a step forward. The title worked- What happened, and What's going on. 

And there we go stepping past past a symbolic broken clock in the road, which pretty much told us we were going to be looking at past issues.  Who we were, and what we're becoming, and where we're going. It was about time, leading us to now. 

Tyrese was caught off guard while looking too long into the past. A pillar of salt thing. (I didn't get pageant contestant in any way, but there you go. Perspective.)

I liked the broken and out of sequence shots, the contrast of the ugly present moments filmed in soft focus, which normally indicate the past and memory, the dead characters in the present, and that we ended where we started, (though not where we thought we were) at the beginning. Didn't think the cinematography was gratuitous. I thought it was about distorting time. Liked it all.

But I like things that are more question than answer. Not a huge fan of strictly linear storylines. I like things that move backwards and inwards as well. 

If the show was just killing zombies and keep moving down the road, I'd be bored as hell.
    Also wondered about the wolves. 
    Also glad to finally get out of Georgia. 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards