Not Engaged Yet
Options

Monday Monday

2»

Re: Monday Monday

• Options
    @KeptInStitches - Vibes headed your way! I hope your great aunt is ok!

• Options
    labrolabro member
    First Anniversary First Answer First Comment 5 Love Its
    @lmcooper86 Sounds like your bachelorette was a ton of fun! I'm glad you had such a great weekend after you had a rough day earlier last week. Less than three weeks to go!

• Options
    speakeasy14speakeasy14 member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    edited April 2015
    KeptInStitches Lots and lots of T&P your way! 

Swazzle get to a doctor and make sure there isn't any fluid that needs draining!
  • Options
    @lmcooper86 Sounds like your bachelorette was a huge success! That's awesome that you woke up without a hangover!

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    labrolabro member
    @eilis1228 Dany is so naive that it is painful to watch! I haven't read the books. I had started reading the first one on my Kindle before it died forever. I guess now that H is getting a raise I can afford a new Kindle right? Right???

• Options

@keptinstitches thinking of you!

Daisypath Anniversary tickers'> 
  • Options
    @LaBro Girl, yes! Time to upgrade your Kindle! I have the Paperwhite and love it. 

• Options
    @KeptInStitches - sending lots of healing vibes to your great-aunt!
  • Options
    @500days Congratulations to your hubby!! My best friend's husband rented a tux for their wedding, but did use the free suit deal so that he'd have a suit.  He didn't have any issues with receiving the wrong size, and has worn the suit a few times to other weddings since then. 
  • Options
    @500days - thanks! congrats to FI on the new job!

@keptinstitches - T&P to you!!

@lmcooper86 - sounds like an awesome bach!

etiquette question  for you engaged and married ladies.....my cousins wedding is 6/28. i got my invite about on 4/2. the RSVP due date is 5/15. i admit, i havent RSVPed yet. cousin texts me today to ask if i can please RSVP today. was that rude of him to do?
  • Options
    speakeasy14speakeasy14 member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    edited April 2015
    @jenjen047 Yes.You are not past the RSVP date and therefore you do not need to send an RSVP right away.  It sounds like he's trying to B-list. 

*ugh hit send before I finished my sentence
  • Options

@TwoDimes - I'm so glad the dog park went well! I wish ours had a pond! . . Also, I can definitely say that I found the satisfaction with life that you're feeling onceI got my pup. Now I really wish I had a house and a husband, but my little family and living in a rented house is enough to keep me pretty damn satisfied. Dogs must just do that. ;)

@Swazzle - Awww, I'm sorry to hear you're hurt. Heal up soon, lady!

@KeptInStitches - Sending all the healing vibes I can!

@lmcooper86 - Meeting the ex? Awkward!... I'm glad your bachelorette was so fun!

--------------------------------------

I had a call-back for Into The Woods on Saturday, and I sucked. They made me wait around for a long time, and my throat got all dry, and I got all nervous and just totally blew it. They offered me a teeny tiny part, and then I would be an under study, but considering I'd be driving an hour each way for rehearsals, I decided to turn it down. I was pretty depressed after that news, anyway.

But yesterday we went on an amazing hike. I got sun burned like a mofo. I can feel the heat of my shoulders through my shirt when I touch it, haha! But the dog used his hiking pack almost the entire way up, and he did great! We took it off coming down because there was a lot of shale and climbing down rocks, but he was such a trooper. He definitely passed out when we got home, and I was just as tired. My ass is super sore today.

• Options
    @alpacina, sorry your callback didn't go well, but glad you had fun hiking!

@lmcooper86, glad you had so much fun!

Good news, everyone! I've taught the toaster to feel love ... oh wait, I mean we sorted out the officiant situation! She had a major turnaround this weekend and feels confident enough in her voice to officiate alone and not split the service with her colleague. We will drop off his gift card this week - he can take his wife out on us, it's the least we can do for him putting his personal life on hold while we were waiting to see how our officiant would be feeling.
  • Options
    labrolabro member
    @KeptInStitches You are in the final stretch! Fingers crossed for no more last minute scares or changes!

• Options
    @KeptInStitches - T&P to you, and happy wedding week!!

@TwoDimes - Just reading your first post made me smile.  You SOUND so happy!

@ellis1228 - Hogwarts map = win.  And I love the invites!

This weekend was pretty good.  Friday night I went out for pizza and hookah with a friend to celebrate my defense.  We tried a new-ish hookah place that I hadn't tried before.  It was awesome.  I will definitely be going back (probably alone, because it was the perfect place to enjoy hookah, coffee, and a book).  Saturday I slept in and then did my C25k workout and went to the gym and lifted a little.  I got a wicked sunburn while on my run...I'm SUPER pale (my BFF calls it "Irish rose skin"), so I'm pretty sensitive, and I just didn't think about it.  Sunday I sang with the choir at my parents' church and, unfortunately, ended up missing Mass because of it.  Last night I finished proofreading my dissertation and sent it off to the university...unless they find anything wrong with it, I am DONE.

This week promises to be a fairly quiet one.  Mr. Historian has his interview for the job in the States on Wednesday, so that's the big thing happening this week.  He's still overseas, so the interview will be via Skype, and I think that's making him more nervous than anything else.  He's terrified the connection will go, or he won't be able to connect, or something.  I've got a fairly low-key week until I get a huge stack of papers on Friday.  My big goal is to finish the book I'm reading about Watergate so I can write a lecture on it for Friday...so, not very exciting!
  • Options
    @jenjen047 yes that is rude.  If it were me I would wait until the last possible day to mail backthe RSVP and ignore any calls or texts about it ( or be vague), but I can be bitchy sometimes.

Anniversary

• Options
    @labro - Our dogs will get under the bed like that when the weather is bad, too.  When I came home after the 5-20-2013 tornado that messed up our house, they were still under there... didn't want to come out!  Looks like Cinders knows just what to do.
  • Options
    phiraphira member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    @swazzle Holy craaaaaaap lady, heal up quickly!

@lmcooper86 Sounds like a fun bachelorette party!

@keptinstiches Sending good vibes your way and eeeeeee YOUR WEDDING IS HAPPENING SOON

----------

I am exhausted. I've tired myself out three days in a row: early day + tough workout on Friday (well, it's a tough workout when you're THIS out of shape), busy all day and lots of walking on Saturday, and busy all day and lots of walking yesterday.

Today, we were awoken nice and early thanks to construction on our building. It was so bad, J had to try to sleep in the living room, where the noise wasn't as bad. I was able to fall back asleep but only in 10 minute increments for several hours. After we got up, we watched last night's Once Upon a Time and then we went down to the marathon. I got to see both my uncles and cheer them on! As I write this, one of my uncles (this is his third marathon) finished, and the other one is ALMOST done. My other uncle has never run a marathon before, and didn't really finish training for this one, so we're going to be proud of him for finishing. He's almost done, though! Just checked the tracker.

Later tonight, we're going over to my in-laws' to have dinner and watch Wolf Hall. J's uncle is in town for a while (like, a couple months) and J hasn't seen him in 20 years, so we're looking forward to seeing him (and in my case, meeting him).
    Anniversary
    now with ~* INCREASED SASSINESS *~
  • Options
    @labro - Congrats to your H and his promotion!!  Cinders is super cute (I'm sure that's nothing you didn't already know).

@Southernpeach89 - Yay for a productive weekend!

@TwoDimes - Yay for Indy having such an adventurous weekend!  I love watching the dogs play.

@Swazzle - Hope you heal fast and feel better soon.

@KeptInStitches - Happy wedding week!  Sending healing vibes to your great-aunt.  

@allusive007 - Hope you're feeling better.

@beanbot2002 - That's funny that No-Uh was trying to order drinks (does he at least know what to order ;) ).  So exciting about your new appliances!!

@500Days - Congrats to your FI!  I too watched the Celtics/Cavs game, but I'm cheering for the 'other team'.

@Imcooper86 - Wow, what an exciting weekend.  So glad that you had a great Bachelorette party!

@eilis1228 - Glad you had fun at the Ren Fest.  That is amazing about your friend's parents making your invitations!!

@AlPacina - Congrats on the call-back, sorry you didn't get the part you wanted though.

@Futuremrshistorian - good luck to Mr. Historian!

My weekend was pretty quiet.  Friday night we went over to H's parents house to swap out kindle's.  We ended up not swapping them because she didn't want to lose progress on her games (H will log in and pay to remove the ads secretly at some point).  Saturday I made breakfast and we went for a bike ride - 13 miles.  I'm not as out of shape as I thought, but nowhere near where I'd like to be.  After our bike ride, we went to a local restaurant and got salads then relaxed the rest of the day at home.  H had poker, so I got caught up on TV (Once upon a time and Revenge -- but now I'm behind again).  Sunday H had to work all day, so I made him breakfast and lunch and just tried to keep quiet since he was on the phone, it was a lazy afternoon.

I know last week adult coloring books came up - I had ordered one and it came in today :) .  Thanks to those who introduced me, I can't wait to color; what a great stress relief idea!!

Anniversary
  • Options
    @Peaseblossom55 I wish I had thought to do that. I caved and RSVPed today.
  • Options
    @Dignity100 I'm still in shock that they offered to cover all of the costs for printing the invitations. We've met these people maybe twice, so their generosity is very unexpected. Definitely need to do something nice for them as a thank you.

@futuremrshistorian I'm so excited about the Hogwarts map! I can't wait to hang it in my office! Good luck to Mr. H on his interview!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards