Not Engaged Yet
Options

Whatever Wednesday

Morning! 

I had a really nice dinner in the city last night and miraculously didn't get home late at all, right at my "bedtime" actually. Tonight, I'll get home from work at 6, cook dinner (Blue Apron's Squid Ink Linguine with Shrimp and Cherry Tomatoes), eat dinner, and then watch Big Brother at 8. Not a whole lot going on here! 

I want to add my engagement ring and the necklace my mom gave me to my homeowner's insurance policy and drop the side insurance I've had for my e-ring so I need to take both in for an appraisal. Does anyone know about how much this costs? I was quoted $100 just for my e-ring by a reputable jeweler near my house but it's also in a pretty fancy part of NJ so I'm not sure if it's higher than it should be simply because of the location. 

- What are you wearing today?
- What toppings do you like on your pizza?
- What's your favorite time of year (season, month, holiday, whatever)? 

Re: Whatever Wednesday

• Options
    OH. I also finished another book ("A Dark Lure" by Loreth Anne White -- it was really dark and twisted. I figured out the twists a little early but it was still full of suspense and I couldn't put it down). And now I'm starting "The Kind Worth Killing" by Peter Swanson. Anyone read this yet?

• Options
    @Swazzle your dinner tonight sounds freaking amazing!!

-what are you wearing today?
    My work uniform :neutral:

-what toppings do you like on your pizza?
    Pepperoni, extra sauce, and black olives!

-what's your favorite time of year?
    SUMMER because I despise the cold, but the beginning of fall is really nostalgic for me because BF and I had the beginnings of our relationship at that time.

Not much going on for me today. I got to work at 5am, which I was NOT originally scheduled for so that sucks. When I texted my boss yesterday about having the day off for the NYC G2G she asked to switch today and I said I would if she could guarantee giving me that day off and she said yes. So I'm cranky, but sacrifices must be made in the name of fun!
  • Options
    @untouchablets - I'm reeeeeeeally excited for my dinner. I've been looking forward to this meal for weeks! Yay for officially having off for the G2G! I'm so excited :)

• Options

I have a diamond bracelet that my mom bought me as a high school graduation gift many years ago. She had it on her homeowners while I was in college but when I added it to my policy, the appraisal was $50. That's in MA so $100 doesn't seem too outrageous for NJ.

- What are you wearing today? royal blue shirt, royal blue and navy striped pencil skirt, cork/ white wedges

- What toppings do you like on your pizza? cheese!! I always say that I don't understand putting a "meal" on top of a pizza (such as buffalo chicken or bbq chicken)

- What's your favorite time of year? summer. I love the sun and beach and hate being cold. And I just love summer food way more- lobster, clams, burgers on the grill, popsicles. I'm not into winter foods like stew.

I was on staycation the last 3 days and it was awesome! We saw Foo Fighters at Fenway (amazing), then we did a Boston tourist day with one other couple. Duck Tour was so much fun, the swan boats on the Common, Castle Island. Yesterday just H & I went to the ocean in RI and it was cloudy at first but then sun all afternoon. Perfect time!!
    I didn't have a chance to post those days but I skimmed over the threads and have these things to say:
    @swazzle that necklace from your mom is so gorgeous
    @caseface5 Hell fucking yes to being able to go to Maine!! You'll have such a great time
    @jenjen047 That dress is stunning on you!!
    @southernpeach89 The nursery and walls look really cute! And that room is pretty huge
    @phira Good luck on the potential jobs!

• Options
    Good morning ladies!! 

I got nothing on jewelry insurance, sorry!

Last night BF and I caught up on all the TV we were behind on. Well most of it, tonight we will finish catching up. I also got to read some more. I want to finish HP SO BAD but I read at the speed of a damn turtle. 

Black shirt with cowl neck, and a black and grey striped skirt. I think I was wearing this exact outfit last time we were asked LOL. 

Cheese!! And Bacon, obv.

I love the fall. The sights and smells are awesome. My parents house always smells AMAZING in the fall and I love going there and cozying up and watching football. It's also cheer season so it's very busy for me! Favorite Holiday is Christmas definitely. 
    friends tv show funy
  • Options
    @jenna8984 - I LOVE buffalo chicken pizza. I'm jealous of your staycation! 

@southernpeach89 - Can I move into Callie's room? It's going to be so gorgeous. I love that coffee table too! H and I need to get new tables for the living room but the ones we have are fine for the time being while we handle other things that are more necessary. 

@caseface5 - Which book are you on?

• Options
    @Swazzle I'm a little more than half-way through Deathly Hallows. I really want to finish the book and watch movies 6 and 7 (both parts) before cheer season starts which is August 3rd.
    friends tv show funy
  • Options
    @jenna8984 Your staycation sounded like it was wonderful! I'm ready for a staycation haha.

@Swazzle haha! I got the coffee table from Wayfair.com. I've never used them before but they have a lot of nice things for reasonable prices. We have an 10% coupon that I can give you the code for if you find something you like. It expires on 7/31/15 though.
  • Options
    @jenjen047 Those save the dates will be beautiful! Wait until you send those things out and then everything will totally feel like it's real. 
  • Options
    @jenjen047 - Which book is it? I love the STD! My friend got married in January and her pictures are SO gorgeous. 

• Options
    @TwoDimes OMG all the feels!!!!!!!!!!!!! I love that song! I'm going to cry lol.
  • Options
    What are you wearing today? shorts and a t shirt
    - What toppings do you like on your pizza? usually mushrooms and olives
    - What's your favorite time of year (season, month, holiday, whatever)? I love summer, but May through September is fine

I am off work today studying all day.  I take the exam tomorrow and I can't wait to be done with this all. Hopefully.  I went to order a cake for the BBQ yesterday and they would not do what I wanted.  It was really dumb so I'm calling another bakery in a bit and hopefully they are a lot more flexible.  I'm also really picky about cake.  

Anniversary

• Options
    @TwoDimes YAY!! I love that song.. so sweet! Also re: football season.. I can't wait!! We should be doing our fantasy draft next month sometime. 
    friends tv show funy
  • Options
    @swazzle I asked my bf, and he said $100 is normal.  

@southernpeach89 love that coffee table and dresser

- What are you wearing today? Navy suit with a mint peplum top and nude heels
    - What toppings do you like on your pizza? Extra cheese, pepperoni, sausage, peppers, olives
    - What's your favorite time of year (season, month, holiday, whatever)? Summer is my absolute favorite time of the year.  October is my favorite month (birthday and amazing fall colors). 

Finally got our tile last night. I may have fallen asleep in Home Depot (on one of the giant carts) while waiting for my bf to decide (even though he picked the same tile we both agreed on 3 days ago).
  • Options
    I had a successful hookey day from work yesterday!

As mentioned, one of my bridesmaids is moving from Alberta to Quebec {hubby is military} and they stopped at the hotel 5mins from my apt. SOOOOO I went to see her and her crew {4 kids}
    How does one get kids to love you? Show pictures of their mommy when she was younger and cats. Hahaha!!

I also finished the candles of my centerpieces - I ended up having a really great idea - and now all that's left is the frames, which will be easy. {i'll post shots when I'm done}
    I also tied red ribbons to the bubbles. I wasn't sure how that'd be, but they look nicer than expected.

I did some serious decluttering yesterday. I really feel like we have way too much stuff, so I hauled out what we have and tossed some {a LOT to donations} Our next task is all our paper work that's in the closet. I'm torn between a filing cabinet or one of the Alex drawers from iKea.

10 days until the wedding!
    @TwoDimes what's weather looking like for your area? Ours is 25*C with humidex of 29*C

What are you wearing today?
    Blue and gold-ish dress that I stole from my mum last year {I get a lot of compliments on it} and a black blazer since it was chilly this morning
    What toppings do you like on your pizza?
    my pizza has 2 options. Just cheese or hawaiian
    What's your favorite time of year (season, month, holiday, whatever)?
    I'll go with month because I hate holidays. I'm going with September. Not only is it my birthday month but it's a fun transition month. Chilly days, warm days. Mix of both. Something about it makes it feel like turning a new leaf. Plus the fall leaves come out and they're gorgeous!!
  • Options

@twodimes you look like Sarah Michelle Geller in that pic! Huge compliment, I love her!

@speakeasy14 your outfit today made me want to sing "oh you funcy huh?!"

@mskittydanger good job decluttering. I have a few boxes of clothes and stuff to get to as well.

@peaseblossom55 good luck on your test!

• Options
    @jenna8984 hahaha I hate having to wear a suit, I try so hard to make them fun.   
  • Options
    @peaseblossom55 what did you want them to do for the cake?

@jenjen047 love your std!!

• Options
    Today I'm a little irritated because I have a 2 hour manager's training during my usual lunch time and I just found out about it this morning! The big boss added my name for training but forgot to include me on the email. Yesterday there was the first session of different training that everyone has to complete so they're doing it on different dates/times but no one knew about it. This place is so unorganized. Oh and I have to go to the other training tomorrow during my usual lunch time as well. Why can't everyone plan everything around my schedule? lol

I picked up our wedding pics from the post office yesterday. Looking at them was slowing down my computer so much so it took a long time to get through them and I was up for hours. I was emailing some to myself so I could open my email on my phone and text them to people. I'm not technologically smart so IDK if there's a better way to do that. That was taking forever too. Overall I'm really happy with some of the pics but I feel like most are just whatever. 

I'm also pissed because the one shirt I kept from my Stitch Fix shrunk like crazy when I washed it! I washed it in cold water and hung to dry like the tag said and it looks like a crop top now. I'm pissed because I really liked it and only wore it once. I emailed customer support to see if there's anything they can do.

____

What are you wearing today? black skinny pants, sandals, sleeveless top

- What toppings do you like on your pizza? depends on where it's from- I have my favorites from different places- so either just plain cheese, hamburger, goat cheese or spinach and ricotta

- What's your favorite time of year (season, month, holiday, whatever)? I used to really love Christmas but as I've gotten older it's honestly such a PITA to have to figure out presents for everyone and I hate spending so much money.
     My favorite season is Spring because everything is coming "back to life". 

• Options
    @jenna8984 you reminded me that I also love buffalo chicken pizza! I was ordering it from a place down the street for me like that least once a week for awhile. 

• Options
    @jenjen047 - I love the STD! It's very pretty
    Right now I'm reading Game of Thrones, very slowly because there's so much happening that I get confused. I'm also having trouble really getting into it. I definitely  like the show better than the books at this point.

Khaki pants with a blue top.

Veggies! Mushrooms, jalepeno, green peppers, olives, onion...yum :)

Fall! I love fall, especially in Colorado. I'm pretty much over summer now and ready for it to be cool and crisp outside.

• Options
    jenjen047jenjen047 member
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    edited July 2015
    @swazzle @southernpeach89 @twodimes @speakeasy14 - thank you!!

@cocobellaf - what a cute pic of you and @futuremrshistorian!!!

@swazzle - the book is "There's Cake in my Future". someone here read it and said it was a fun beach read.

@twodimes - you are so pretty!! also that song <3

@peaseblossom55 - TEST VIBES!!!!!!

@cu97tiger - love that dress! youre so be-yoo-ti-ful!

ETA: @lavenderfields13 - what a bummer about those trainings. so annoying. glad you got your pics though! can you AW some? also is there any update on getting a refund from your photographer for not showing up?

@bethsmiles - thank you!
  • Options

@peaseblossom55 - OMG! It's finally here! All the luck on your exam tomorrow!

@speakeasy14 - If you're willing to post a picture, I'd love to see your outfit! Peplum tops are my jam! (Mostly because of my tragic love handles) I'm trying to figure out more ways to coordinate them as outfits.

@MsKittyDanger - You are absolutely right! We recently hung out with one of my mom's high school friends and I had THE BEST time hearing about how crazy (and kind of trashy) my mom was as a teenager!

@cu97tiger - I loved Mindy Kaling's book too! I didn't even end up finishing Amy Poehler's because I didn't find it amusing, and most online reviews said the same thing so I saved myself some time and put it back on the shelf.

-----------------------------------------

We got the old house completely emptied last night! Just have to work on the garage now. I didn't end up making anything Blue Apron, because we wanted to get as much done as possible. Tonight I am doing the stuffed poblano peppers. I seriously loved opening that box and just throwing it all right into a refrigerator drawer. So so easy.

I also bought a new book that came out yesterday. Love Lies Beneath by Ellen Hopkins. It sounded interesting, and I got the last copy they had, so hopefully it lives up to the hype. I only got to do about an hour of reading, and I was kind of simultaneously watching Cinderella Man, so I may have to start it over again.

What are you wearing today? Jeans, t-shirt, flip flops.

What toppings do you like on your pizza? Steak, blue cheese, roasted garlic, pepperoni, olives (Not all at the same time)

What's your favorite time of year? Any time around Christmas! I LOVE CHRISTMAS!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards