Not Engaged Yet
Options

Thankful Thursday

13»

Re: Thankful Thursday

• Options
    @eilis1228 - If you moved to the NorthEast then YOU could join in on my awesome weekends. Just sayin'. OMG that steak. I'm DROOLING.

• Options
    @Swazzle Fair point! FI and I have thought about it. I had a dream last night that we moved to Boston, and life was wonderful. If you ever come to TX, I'll make you some steak. :)

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    @eilis1228 speaking of Texas.... my bf's brother is getting a puppy so we may be planning a trip to Texas to meet our puppy niece... I mean see his brother who we miss lots. I'll let you know if this is actually going to happen
  • Options
    @speakeasy14 Ooooh! Where in Tejas? and when? 

• Options
    bethsmilesbethsmiles member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    edited July 2015
    @eilis1228 - So far, from just watching the show it's been pretty easy for me to keep track of what's going on since I already know (at least for the first book, I know the show has started to change a lot) the big events of the plot, the book is just filling in the smaller stuff.

ETA: Also, last night I discovered that my Kindle has a feature sort of like a companion book to help keep things straight, which is pretty nifty!

• Options
    @bethsmiles I know this has been your siggy for a long time but I must reiterate how much I freaking love that movie.

• Options
    @jenna8984 - It's one of my favorites! I never get sick of watching it!

• Options
    @eilis1228 Did you SEE the winter we just had here in Boston? Why would you want to live here?? lol. I friggin hate the snow and would get far away from it if I could!

• Options
    @eilis1228 They live near Austin.  They get the puppy next week I think, so maybe September? Nothing has been finalized yet, we just mentioned it as an option the other day. 
  • Options
    This is going to be a post and run because I feel like a chicken with it's head cut off right now at work. I promise to come back later and talk to everyone if I get a chance. 

-I'm thankful that our friend donated all of his furniture to us before he moved, so we now have a furnished guest room and office! I'm so excited to be able to offer a queen bed to guests instead of an air mattress. I'm also thankful that FI is so wonderful, and that a bunch of his family and my best friend are coming to visit us in the next few weeks. 
    -I wish more people would thank me for the work that I do. Lately it seems people only notice my mistakes (which are a result of being overworked and overtired) and not my successes, and I'm really not enjoying it anymore. 
    -FI and I plan to go shopping. I need new jeans desperately (the old dryer at our apartment ripped a few pairs of mine and they rips have gotten much worse to the point that they are noticeable now and I am down to 2 nice pairs!). FI also wants to look for new shoes and a wallet, and we both want to buy some new baking pans. Other than that, we plan to clean the house and send our resumes to everyone. 

Which brings me to another thing: our company publicly confirmed a 15% headcount reduction starting in September yesterday. The majority of that 15% will be in our division. The company would literally kill any chance they have of success if they lay off FI and his department, but stress is running high in my department and it is very likely. 

On a more positive note, we went to an alumni event this past weekend, and I met a local wedding planner there. I got her business card and will be emailing her asking to shadow her at an event. We talked for over an hour and she made me feel confident that I would be good at it. So I think I am going to pursue that for now. I think Patent Law would have a lot of the politics and backstabbing that I am not enjoying at my current job, so even though I would enjoy the law part of it, I don't think I will pursue that. I will still keep it as a plan B for now though. 

• Options
    @speakeasy14 I'm a few hours away from Austin, but I always look for an excuse to visit the area. Right now our September weekends are wide open, though who know what will happen once we get closer. Keep me updated :) Would love to meet you!

@lavenderfields13 I would take being too cold over being too hot any day of the week. These 100+ degree days are killing me. 

• Options
    @aurorarose41 I think you'll succeed with the event planning.  If you still are thinking law school, you can pm anytime.  I went for two years, and can give a lot of advice (both positive and negative) from my experience. 
  • Options
    @speakeasy14 thank you! I would be interested to hear what your experiences were, but I don't think event planning would be quite as cut-throat as my current job or patent law (most patent law jobs are at large companies like the one I work for or are firms that are contracted by those companies it seems).

I would be taking a pay cut for event planning but I honestly think I would enjoy it more, and I have a lot of relevant experience from being on the corporate event planning committee for new grads and acting as a project manager for some of my projects as an engineer. I'm also used to working long hours, but I would much rather work long hours to make other people happy then feel unappreciated for the hours I work. 

• Options
    @jenjen047 I've e-mailed our event coordinator probably a million times over the past few weeks! She had a really busy schedule last week, so it was difficult getting in touch with her, and then this week she was sick and out for 2 days and took another 2 days to get back to me. She's apologized a bunch and said she appreciates our patience, but I feel your pain with the waiting! Hopefully you'll hear back before the end of the week!
  • Options
    I failed my exam today, by two miserable points.  I feel awful and upset and so many other things.  I can retake it in a month, and since I only missed my points it's probably worth it to try again.  Meanwhile I'm curling up in my bed.

Anniversary

• Options
    Oh NO!  @peaseblossom55 - I'm so sorry. :( I know how hard you've been studying for this.  Huge hugs.  I'm sure you will pass next month.  
  • Options
    @peaseblossom55

So sorry hun, I know you have been studying hard for that test. Hopefully next time you kick the test's ass!!
    friends tv show funy
  • Options
    Thank you!

Anniversary

• Options
    @Peaseblossom55 im so sorry to hear this
  • Options
    @peaseblossom55 - I'm so sorry about your test! Take some time to wallow but definitely take it again, you were so close! You can absolutely do it! 

• Options
    @peaseblossom55 big hugs! You will get it next time :)

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards