Not Engaged Yet
Options

Wacky Wednesday

Re: Wacky Wednesday

• Options
    @AlPacina That is SO scary! I'm glad both your siblings are ok after their accidents!!!! Also your BF definitely deserves an elbow to the face for stealing blankets!

• Options
    @AlPacina Oh my goodness I'm glad to hear everyone is ok! Car accidents are scary!!
  • Options
    @AlPacina - You will definitively find out who A is when you watch the episode. I would steer clear of all social media if you don't want it spoiled. I opened FB at 5:15 this morning and the first thing that popped up was "_____ is A!" 

• Options
    @alpacina glad your siblings are ok!

Anniversary

• Options
    @alpacina glad both of your siblings are ok. I have to say I'm surprised your bf's brother posted that to social media without even letting any family know.  I don't understand why people share their accidents to social media to begin with, but at least tell your family first.  And as @swazzle said, if you want to be surprised, steer clear of social media or any PLL sites because it is everywhere right now. 
  • Options
    @AlPacina scary! Glad they're both okay! And booo BF blanket hog! rawr!
  • Options
    eilis1228eilis1228 member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    edited August 2015
    @southernpeach89 Jealous of your long weekend! I'm so excited that Callie's nursery is coming along! Good luck on your last birthing class! 

@Swazzle LOVE your H's new tattoo! His tattoo artist is fantastic!

@caseface5 Do you have this person's phone number? If so, I would call.

@minskat30 YAY for the inspector finally signing off on the basement! You and your H need to go out and celebrate!

@labro Orchids are VERY picky and difficult to keep alive, at least in my experience. I have a bit of a black thumb though. I recently had to take care of my neighbor's orchid for a couple of weeks, and all it said was to give it medium exposure to natural light and to put ice cubes on it once a week. It hadn't bloomed yet, so I have no idea if I killed it or not... but I'm sure you'll be able to do much better than I did. 

@CocoBellaF I'm with @labro. Knocked up maybe?

@cu97tiger You are a fitness goddess. Seriously.

@speakeasy14 YAY for being able to shower in your house! That's awesome!

@AlPacina Holy crap, that is so scary! I'm glad they were fine! 
    -------------------
    Hmmm I guess my wacky story is that I apparently overdid it at the gym last night. I did cardio for about 75 minutes, and my FitBit said I burned 500 calories, which was my goal. I was fine for a little while afterwards, and then I hit a wall and felt unbelievably nauseated. I ate some dinner, but it only made it worse. I got slightly dizzy too. I ended up on the couch hugging a trash can and watching Gilmore Girls for a couple of hours until it passed. Fun times. I'm about 90% certain that my FitBit is not accurate and I burned more than 500 calories... because 500 calories should not have affected me like that. I had a huge lunch yesterday and two cookies afterwards, so 500 calories should not have been a big deal at all.

Also, based on the intermittent pain in my left leg today, I'm pretty sure I need new gym shoes. Yay shin splints!

Anywho, I'm at work today instead of my normal WFH Wednesdays. I have a major oil leak in my car, and FI and I realized last night that if we don't get it fixed this weekend, we won't have time to take it in until September. The dealership was full for Saturday, but they had an opening at lunchtime Friday, so my boss said I could WFH Friday instead. Boooo adulting, but hooray for an awesome and flexible boss.

Today's agenda:
    -Allergy shots :(
    -Potentially working late
    -If I don't work late, I need to go to the post office to get postcard stamps for our RSVPs
    -Work out
    -Knit like my life depends on it. I'm woefully behind on my friend's Christmas present.
    -Cook/heat up leftover for noms

Hope you all have a great Wednesday!

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    @eilis1228 Eeek sorry you weren't feeling well last night. I've had that happen to me before too but unfortunately it turned into a stomach bug so hopefully that doesn't happen. Just make sure to drink lots of fluids today and relax.
  • Options
    labrolabro member
    First Anniversary First Answer First Comment 5 Love Its
    edited August 2015
    eilis1228 said:

@CocoBellaF I'm with @labro  @cu97tiger. Knocked up maybe?

FTFY. ;)

Also, holy hell that is an agenda and a half! Good luck with allergy shots!

• Options
    @swazzle LOVE your H's tat!
    @speakeasy14 LOL your wacky humping dog story cracked me up
    @alpacina I would have elbowed BF in the face on purpose if he had a zillion alarms AND removed the blanket from me. Also I find out everything about my family from facebook. I found out my sister (at eight years old!) was diagnosed with diabetes through facebook during my first year of college. I definitely let my parents have it after that.

Not really wacky, but kinda a vent this morning!

My roommate's dog poops in the kitchen every morning right after she leaves for work. I wake up like 10 minutes after she leaves and find a pile on the floor every single day. She knows he does this, and knows I clean it up, but she hates my only solution for preventing it from happening, which is crating him. We tried crate training him when he was a puppy and it did NOT work out. The neighbors were pissed, he was stressed, it was a mess. But now he's a year old and has this horrible habit and I'm the only one who deals with it. So today I brought up one of my crates from the basement and started tossing treats in there for him and he is actually LOVING the crate but my roommate is like NOT HAVING IT. She is stressing about what COULD happen (him barking and acting crazy mostly) and not about the fact that she never has to clean up after her dog because I do. So I am doing it anyway and just asked her to leave him in there AT LEAST in the mornings before I wake up so I don't have to clean his shit every day and she agreed, but I'm gonna need more of a commitment from her.

My mentor mentioned that at least this is good practice for dealing with difficult clients lol
  • Options

@southernpeach89 - I am also a middle child! And here are some of my favorite movie elephants!

@swazzle - I have never seen anyone anywhere mention PLL on social media (I only have 30 or so FB friends) so I HOPE I'm safe. No one better try and talk to me about it in person though or I'll KIIIIIIIIILLLLLLLL THEM.

• Options
    labro said:
    eilis1228 said:

@CocoBellaF I'm with @labro  @cu97tiger. Knocked up maybe?

FTFY. ;)

Also, holy hell that is an agenda and a half! Good luck with allergy shots!
     LOL Reading fail. My bad.

@southernpeach89 *knocks on wood* Hopefully it's not a stomach bug. Ain't nobody got time for that! I think I'm going to place an order today for some new gym shoes, which should at least help with the shin splints. I really don't want to take a rest day, but I guess I probably need to. :( 

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    @untouchablets That is REALLY unreasonable. I hope you and your roommate come up with a solution....that's just really really gross and unacceptable behavior!

• Options
    @untouchablets OMG how annoying!!! That is absolutely ridiculous that you are cleaning up after her dog and yet she won't try to help you out with another solution. Hopefully crating him works.
  • Options
    labro said:
    @untouchablets That is REALLY unreasonable. I hope you and your roommate come up with a solution....that's just really really gross and unacceptable behavior!
    Yeah, I'm basically doing whatever I want and she's just gonna have to live with it. I'm not gonna live here forever and if I don't do it nobody will. Her best friend and my mentor are on my side and I told them they have to just keep telling her it'll be fine. Plus, I want my own damn dog and I don't wanna worry about raising a new puppy and cleaning up after her dogs too. She'll come around when she sees it's working and then she'll thank me. And her dog is doing an awesome job, he's been totally perfect in that crate since I started this morning, but of course she's killing it by saying "it's only because you're home." So tomorrow I'll be leaving him in there while I do errands.
  • Options
    @untouchablets Plus dogs learn from other dogs. I know Cinders and Maddux both picked up habits from my sister's dog and my parent's dogs. They could ALL start pooping on the floor and just have one giant stinky poop party!

• Options
    @AlPacina - My H likes to air hump at me.  It's so weird.

@Labro - Orchids are gorgeous, but I need plants that can go a few days without a lot of attention.  Please post a picture of your orchid in its new spot?

@eilis1228 - Not KU.  
  • Options
    @labro my worst nightmare lol. Actually her other dog is perfect, he'll hold it in all day if he needs to, he actually opts not to go outside if it's too hot. It's just the younger one. I'll straighten him out fairly quickly though, and I won't be getting my own dog a LEAST until I have gone down to part time at Starbucks. Ideally I'll be able to take it with me to my training appointments most of the time so these dogs don't have a chance to ruin it lol.
  • Options
    @untouchablets I'm glad it is working so far. I can't believe she isn't even trying to help.  I would just warn the neighbors that you're trying to crate train your dog so that they won't complain in case he makes noise. 
  • Options
    @speakeasy14 Thanks, I don't know if its because she doesn't want to crate him in general or if she just hates confrontation with the neighbors. I will let them know if I need to, but I have no problem with confrontation and know all the cops in town, so if they wanna start something I can handle it. When he was a puppy and we were doing this he would scream and cry for hours even if I was in the house. Today, not a peep and he's been in there for about an hour while I've been studying in my room. If he does start to bark like crazy, I'll be putting a bark collar on him. Not my FAVORITE method but it's fast and he's smart, it won't take long for him to learn to be quiet. At this point, I don't think that will be necessary.
  • Options
    @speakeasy14 Us Middle children are easily forgotten. That's why we must do outlandish things to get attention...like have a Middle Child's day lol.
  • Options
    I love your gifs, @southernpeach89 - totally made my day!!!!
  • Options
    @southernpeach89 I'm with @labro being awesome haha
  • Options
    Only child! :) i win lmao
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards