Chit Chat
Options

In this edition of: Really SO? Seriously?

13»

Re: In this edition of: Really SO? Seriously?

• Options
    AddieCake said:
    I cannot wash my face at the sink. I always do it in the shower because I hate the mess on the counter, water running down my arms and front, etc. Ugh.
    Me too. If I'm not taking a shower, I lean over and wash it in the bathtub.

• Options
    @lyndausvi me too! I don't wear makeup so if it's a non-shower day I just do a cotton ball of witch hazel and I'm good to go.

• Options
    lyndausvi said:
    AddieCake said:
    I cannot wash my face at the sink. I always do it in the shower because I hate the mess on the counter, water running down my arms and front, etc. Ugh.
    I wash my face with good ole Ivory soap in the shower.  Partly for the mess, but I do not see the need for the extra step. I'm in the shower already, my face is wet.     If I have a reason to wash it before my next shower I just use a wash cloth.   I rarely wear make-up, so that would be another reason.

I shower twice a day, so I wash my face twice a day as well.
    What did you think would happen if you walked up to a group of internet strangers and told them to get shoehorned by their lady doc?~StageManager14
  • Options
    madamerwinmadamerwin member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    edited August 2015
    emmaaa said:
    AddieCake said:
    Me too. If I'm not taking a shower, I lean over and wash it in the bathtub.
    Ok, so it's not just me... When I wash my face in the sink, invariably half the water ends up on the floor. Not sure if it has something to do with being short, or if I suck at using the sink.

OH! Speaking of bathroom habits, I just thought of another "Really, H?" moment: One day I walked in to the bathroom to find him using my hair brush to brush his beard. When I asked him what the hell he was doing with my hairbrush he said, "What? I just took a shower, my face is clean..." Apparently he had been doing it for a while. Explains the pube-like hairs I was finding in my brush.

ETF overuse of ellipses 
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    I was in our downstairs bathroom the other day and had to ask a question I never thought I'd have to ask:

"DH? Why are there a bunch of pins in the candle in here?"

I still haven't gotten an answer.
  • Options
    @tfmrserwin Yup. H took over my pink roundbrush for his beard, it's his now.

• Options
    edited August 2015
    jenna8984 said:
    This is a THING? I didn't know that guys brush their beards, let alone that they steal their SO's brushes to do so (and that they find it acceptable). I gave H a different brush to use, but I am pretty sure he still uses mine.

ETA words
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    For those of you w/ bearded men, maybe get them this: https://dollarbeardclub.com/how  

FI just did and now has his own brushes and stuff for his beard :)
    Married 9.12.15
  • Options
    @julieanne912 Whaaaat? I had no clue this existed! That's awesome!
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    I wish my FI could have a beard, he looks so cute with one. He has to be all clean-cut and whatnot for pilot school and probably for the rest of his career. Boo. :(

I had a nice little moment this morning. I always take my breakfast to work with me. Every day. I have for a long time. I opened the pantry this morning to get some cereal out, and it was all gone. We had plenty yesterday. Apparently my dear FI ate all the breakfast food at some point between yesterday morning and this morning. And didn't tell me. How sweet!

• Options
    On the topic of bathroom messiness. H shaves once a week and he's usually rushing last minute, of course, because he can't get up 15 minutes earlier to save his life. So little short beard hairs wind up all over the counter, and he refuses to clean them. He'll occasionally brush some of them down the sink, but he never gets the harder-to-reach ones like behind the faucet and amongst my face wash and stuff. Drives me nuts. So it stays all week or sometimes multiple weeks. It's super gross and I don't get why he won't clean it.

Also, he gets out of the shower as soon as he's done. I stand in the shower and drip off and even mostly dry myself in the shower. Not H who will soak the rug in front of the shower and drip all over the floor leaving wet spots that I then step in in my socks not realizing there are puddles all over the floor.
  • Options
    jenna8984 said:

@novella1186 Well have you seen those face wash commercials?! They are to blame I tell you.

imageimage

Also I might add, these ladies look like they are having way too much fun to be washing their face. It is really not that exciting.
    you mean you aren't having a great time when you wash your face? :P
  • Options
    jenna8984 said:
    This is a THING? I didn't know that guys brush their beards, let alone that they steal their SO's brushes to do so (and that they find it acceptable). I gave H a different brush to use, but I am pretty sure he still uses mine.

ETA words
    I'm a little envious your guys brush their beards. I'm not a beard person, but I hate my H without a beard - he looks 12! However, his beard basically only grows on his chin and it gets a little .... goat-y when it's long 
  • Options
    My H shaves his beard like once every month or two. He puts a towel out over the sink to catch it all. And then balls it up and leaves it on the bathroom floor for days. Or at least until he's sick of hearing me bitch about the fucking beard hair towel on the fucking floor.
    Image result for someecard betting someone half your shit youll love them forever
  • Options
    Yesterday my fiancé tried to help do laundry by washing our uniforms. I specifically said not to wash my Class A uniform shirt (it's white; my regular uniforms and his uniforms are dark blue) with them and to put it with the white stuff. What do I find when I get home from working at the restaurant last night? Yup, my white uniform shirt now sporting a blue tinge. I tried soaking it in OxiClean overnight, but it didn't come out.Thankfully two of the buttons were starting to fall off so I just made that my excuse to take it to the Quartermaster to get a new one instead of just fixing them myself. 
    Another thing, FI has been forgetting to empty the cat litter. I'm allergic to them, so I'm not gonna do it; but it's annoying to have to tell him to do it in the first place. Just because it scoops itself 15 minutes after they've stepped out doesn't mean that it also takes itself out; I don't want to see any more cat shit sitting right next to the litter box because it's overflowing. I guess the only "positive" thing is that this isn't a regular thing and only started happening when he went to the midnight shift this past weekend. He apologized and said it wouldn't happen again, he's just not used to having to work overnight yet (which then made me feel like an ass).

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Our hairbrush vs. beard battle continues... Last night, after pulling yet another wad of beard hair out of my hair brush, I asked H if he could please use a different brush - I even have a nearly identical brush he could use. He asked why (!), and I said I was sick of pulling his beard hairs out of my brush. He retorted with "Well, I'm sick of pulling your head hairs out of my beard!" 

I cracked up, because really - you cannot complain about finding my hair in your beard when you use MY hairbrush to brush your face.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    @shessocold omg that's hilarious! My H doesn't shave ever but one the rare occasion he trims the beard he is smart enough to lay out paper towels over the sink and then just bundle and throw in the trash!

• Options
    On the topic of bathroom messiness. H shaves once a week and he's usually rushing last minute, of course, because he can't get up 15 minutes earlier to save his life. So little short beard hairs wind up all over the counter, and he refuses to clean them. He'll occasionally brush some of them down the sink, but he never gets the harder-to-reach ones like behind the faucet and amongst my face wash and stuff. Drives me nuts. So it stays all week or sometimes multiple weeks. It's super gross and I don't get why he won't clean it. Also, he gets out of the shower as soon as he's done. I stand in the shower and drip off and even mostly dry myself in the shower. Not H who will soak the rug in front of the shower and drip all over the floor leaving wet spots that I then step in in my socks not realizing there are puddles all over the floor.
    This is like the most important reason why I am glad we have a double vanity in our bathroom. I don't mind cleaning it up (bathroom cleaning is my chore anyway) but I hate it getting everywhere and all over my things. When we remodel the bathroom- hopefully soon!- I'm insisting on keeping the double sink so we can each have our own space for that stuff.
  • Options
    lyndausvilyndausvi mod
    First Anniversary First Answer 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    edited August 2015

Our hairbrush vs. beard battle continues... Last night, after pulling yet another wad of beard hair out of my hair brush, I asked H if he could please use a different brush - I even have a nearly identical brush he could use. He asked why (!), and I said I was sick of pulling his beard hairs out of my brush. He retorted with "Well, I'm sick of pulling your head hairs out of my beard!" 

I cracked up, because really - you cannot complain about finding my hair in your beard when you use MY hairbrush to brush your face.
    I ah,  well ah,I shed a lot.  It's  a wonder I have hair on my head.  Anyway DH does NOT use my brush, but he still gets my hair in his bread  beard. 

Anyway it's time for a new brush.  For yourself, he can keep the old one.

Edited - because editing my own shit is hard sometimes.

What differentiates an average host and a great host is anticipating unexpressed needs and wants of their guests.  Just because the want/need is not expressed, doesn't mean it wouldn't be appreciated. 
  • Options
    jenna8984 said:
    @shessocold omg that's hilarious! My H doesn't shave ever but one the rare occasion he trims the beard he is smart enough to lay out paper towels over the sink and then just bundle and throw in the trash!
    Oh, yeah. Hilarious. In a stab-you-in-the-neck-in-your-sleep sort of way.
    Image result for someecard betting someone half your shit youll love them forever
  • Options
    lyndausvi said:

I ah,  well ah,I shed a lot.  It's  a wonder I have hair on my head.  Anyway DH does NOT use my brush, but he still gets my hair in his bread.

I don't think my H would be okay with having to pick my hair out of his bread.  In fact, I think that may make him gag.  ;)

• Options
    lyndausvilyndausvi mod
    First Anniversary First Answer 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    edited August 2015
    lyndausvi said:

I ah,  well ah,I shed a lot.  It's  a wonder I have hair on my head.  Anyway DH does NOT use my brush, but he still gets my hair in his bread.

I don't think my H would be okay with having to pick my hair out of his bread.  In fact, I think that may make him gag.  ;)
    It happens at night.   He is a tosser and turner I think he ends up getting too close to my pillow or something.    I think I need one of these sleeping caps.

What differentiates an average host and a great host is anticipating unexpressed needs and wants of their guests.  Just because the want/need is not expressed, doesn't mean it wouldn't be appreciated. 
  • Options
    lyndausvi said:
    lyndausvi said:

It happens at night.   He is a tosser and turner I think he ends up getting too close to my pillow or something.    I think I need one of these sleeping caps.

You keep bread in your bed? :P
  • Options

LOL - Well I'm an idiot.  Well really I have dyslexia  (diagnosed and all).  I sometimes forget to go back and proof read my post.  Even when I do I don't actually see it either.   Sigh.

I will go back and fix that.  
    lyndausvi said:
    lyndausvi said:

You keep bread in your bed? :P

• Options
    edited August 2015
    lyndausvi said:
    tfmrserwin said: Our hairbrush vs. beard battle continues... Last night, after pulling yet another wad of beard hair out of my hair brush, I asked H if he could please use a different brush - I even have a nearly identical brush he could use. He asked why (!), and I said I was sick of pulling his beard hairs out of my brush. He retorted with "Well, I'm sick of pulling your head hairs out of my beard!" 
    I cracked up, because really - you cannot complain about finding my hair in your beard when you use MY hairbrush to brush your face. I ah,  well ah,I shed a lot.  It's  a wonder I have hair on my head.  Anyway DH does NOT use my brush, but he still gets my hair in his bread.

---WTF BOXES---

I'm going to assume you mean beard, but maybe you mean bread... I'm a shedder too, and to be fair, I think H would find my hair in his beard even if he didn't use my brush. He claims it happened before he started using my brush, but still. I don't like finding his little red beard hairs in my brush. And yeah, I am getting a new brush and hiding it.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    My husband has more products, brushes, and combs for his beard than I have for my hair.
    What did you think would happen if you walked up to a group of internet strangers and told them to get shoehorned by their lady doc?~StageManager14
  • Options
    My H shaves his beard like once every month or two. He puts a towel out over the sink to catch it all. And then balls it up and leaves it on the bathroom floor for days. Or at least until he's sick of hearing me bitch about the fucking beard hair towel on the fucking floor.
    Been with DH for 24 years and never seen him without a beard.  When he trims his beard he uses newspaper on the counter and sink, balls it all up and throws it away.  Would your DH do that?
  • Options
    Ooh that's a good idea @kmmssg!!! Much better than using a dirty towel and hoping all the hairs come out. My H only trims his too - I think I've seen his face shave-shaved (minus his chin) only once or twice in our 8 years together.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards