Not Engaged Yet
Options

FRIDAY!

Re: FRIDAY!

• Options
    @labro oooo nice! Are you thinking like a trellace or lattice for it to climb? There is a huge rose bush in my yard and I have no idea what kind it is, but I've never had one before. Guess I should do some reading on pruning as well!

• Options
    @TwoDimes - Holy delicious foods, Batman! Your whole weekend (and all the food involved) sounds incredible and I'm jealous.

@casey1219 - I can't listen to or watch most 9/11-related things without crying. Which football team do you/your BF cheer for?

@beachyone15 - I used to love Project Runway but didn't even realize it's still on! Is Heidi still on it? And Tim? 

• Options
    @swazzle - Yes, they are both still there! It just wouldn't be the same without Tim! Last night's episode was pretty entertaining. The designers had to make bra/panty sets and let's just say some of them were BAD. Lol

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

• Options
    @TwoDimes Clearly we both have good taste. ;)

@jenna8984 Yeah, either a trellis or a lattice. Whatever looks good at the nursery today! 

• Options
    @Swazzle I loved Zumba! I used to do it on the Wii at home, but it was so much fun, and it was a really great way to ease my body into long cardio sessions. 

@caseface5 I love relaxing weekends like that! Sounds awesome!

@CocoBellaF I am infinitely jealous of your cold front. I would love for fall weather to happen so suddenly. Sounds perfect! and OMG that mug! I love it!

@minskat30 1. Please overnight me some of that lamb masala. Om nom nom. 2. Ooooh what mini classes are you thinking of taking? 

@jenna8984 Yay! I'm glad the cruise ship is OK! Enjoy your cruise!

@lavenderfields13 11/22/63 was the one and only Stephen King novel I read, but I really liked it. Our DJ recommended his Dark Tower series, which apparently has a cult following. Apparently he wrote the first book when he was 19 but then picked the series back up in his 30s. 

@buddysmom80 Have you seen Parks and Rec? Calzones always make me chuckle because of that show. Also, where are you hoping to move? JK, just read you're looking at Charlotte. I vote that you go down there and start an NEY commune with hummingbird.

@cu97tiger UGH to your car and your ceiling! :( Why does everything have to break down at the same time?

@labro I seriously love those roses. They are gorgeous! Also, I love how much charity work your company sponsors! They do so much! You should have a giant glass of wine and some cake to celebrate 26.2 miles... that's seriously worth celebrating. I can't run to save my life lol.

@TwoDimes Holy awesome food day, Batman! Tailgate food and hibachi all in one day?! Yes, please!

@casey1219 Ugh, I hate it when I cry on my way into work. I've started to avoid the radio on days like this. I just can't handle all the emotions. Hope your day improves!
    -------------
    YAY it's Friday! Woohoo! Tonight I'm working out, and then FI and I are hanging out with my hair stylist and her FI. We haven't hung out with them in MONTHS, and after seeing her so much recently for my wedding trials, we made a point to plan a non-salon hangout. She said she'll cook dinner for us too, so I'm pretty excited about it. She and her FI recently got engaged, and they booked their venue last week, so I'm really excited to talk about all the awesome early wedding planning things with her. 

Tomorrow I think we're having friends over to game. We have a Game of Thrones board game that takes like ALL DAY to play, and we've never played it. lol. Our goal is to play that and then make dinner for everyone... I think we'll do either pork shoulder or picanha, and we'll definitely use the sous vide machine. Have I mentioned lately how much I love that machine? I also need to work out on Saturday so I can hit my 6 workouts-per-week goal. 

I think Sunday is our normal errands and chores day... I hope I'm not forgetting something lol. 

Surprisingly, I'm most looking forward to Monday and Tuesday of next week. My bridal portraits are bright and early Tuesday morning, and Monday night after work I'm picking up my bouquet and then hanging out with my mom. She's staying the night with us because she'll be carting me around at the crack of dawn to my hair and makeup appointments, and then she'll be helping me get around in the dress during the shoot. Monday night we also plan to make the sheet diaper I'll have to wear. Here are pics the photographer sent me yesterday:

The sheet is placed under the dress in the pics so that the dress never touches the ground:

Ah, the wacky things we do for weddings...

• Options
    @eilis1228 - Hahaha!  Sheet diaper.  I can't wait to see your bridal portraits!  I'll try to remember to take a picture of the lamb masala and put it on Instagram tonight.  ;)  Lamb is always a bit of a treat for H since the meat is so much more expensive than chicken so he'll be eating every bite...sorry.  For classes I think I'm going to do Rhythm Ride (a spin class), Partner Bootcamp (if they let H in with a guest pass and he isn't in a food coma), then Partner Yoga (again if they let H in).  If H isn't joining me that it will be Rhythm Ride, Power with Kettle Bells and MatBox if I still have any energy left (the latter is a mixture of Pilates and boxing).  
  • Options
    @minskat30 Ooooh please do post a pic! That sounds so good! Your class selections sound like a lot of fun! I really miss having a gym membership because of the classes. Depending on our budget after the wedding, I may look into joining a gym just so I can have access to classes like that. Enjoy! Let me know what you think of them next week. :)

• Options

@lavenderfields13 - That's part of why I don't like reading the books after I've seen the movie. I don't know which character to picture as I'm going through. It throws me off!.... I've read Misery (really good) and The Shining (kind of slow, but incredibly well written).

@labro - My shoulder tattoo is music and lyrics from Imagine. That song has always been so meaningful to me. It's brought tears to my eyes on more than one occasion.

--------------------------------------

I think I'll get off work early today. I haven't watched PLL in over a week, and I miss it. Plus no one is here and I didn't actually end up getting any new assignments yesterday because they haven't finished deciding who gets what out of the entire list. Like, c'mon. Give me SOMETHING. (I'll be regretting this later when I'm over my head.)

Tomorrow my co-worker and I (who I share the same birthday with) booked a private wine and paint class, so we'll have some personal friends and some work friends do the class with us and then we're all going out for an early birthday celebration. On Sunday I'm supposed to leave the day open because my BF wants to do my birthday dinner then instead of Monday. No idea why, but I won't complain!

• Options
    @eilis1228 - I don't think I understand what bridal portraits are? Or why you do all the wedding day stuff before the wedding day? Why not just have your photographer take pics of you that day? I don't get it. 

• Options
    @Swazzle Here's some background on bridal portraits: LINK. It's a Southern thing.

• Options
    @AlPacina - I miss PLL too! H saw a flyer for a wine and paint place near our house when we were signing up at the community center and now I really want to go. We had such a blast at @GoldenPenguin's bachelorette party. Take pics for us! 

• Options
    I was going to start and say "wow chatty for so early" then I realized the time and that I had been in a meeting for a good part of 2hrs lmao! Whoops!

Didn't do much last night. I'm really going through our stuff and getting rid of a bunch. I narrowed down a tote plus extra of clothes. Many got donated and some shirts we don't wanna give away, so I'm keeping it in a garbage bag set aside.

This weekend is a whole lotta not much. Cleaning and probably movies. We're finishing up the thank-you cards also. Not much left to do and I really hate that some aren't done! However we're just 41 days, so I feel that's not terrible.
  • Options
    @swazzle - We are from Tennessee, so we cheer on the Vols every Saturday. BF bleeds orange. ;)

@AlPacina - I miss PLL too. I'm anxious to see the new season!
  • Options
    @eilis1228 are you going to hang the pics at the reception like it says?

• Options

@casey1219 - I'm on season 4 on Netflix, so I still have plenty to watch. ;) I want to get caught up all the way to the latest season, though!

• Options
    @jenna8984 I'll display a few at the reception. I think I'll mix them in with our parents' and grandparents' wedding pics. I've seen a lot of brides blow them up and print them on a huge canvas and display it at the entrance or by the guestbook, but meh, that's not my style. 

• Options
    Anyone else seeing these weird ads all over some posts? For TK review your vendors? It's on 1 of mine and I certainly didn't post it. That is frigen annoying.

• Options
    @jenna8984 YES they are everywhere!

• Options
    I'm seeing it @jenna8984 - annoying.  
  • Options
    @eilis1228 I started with Carrie since I thought it was his first but when you said that about the Dark Towers (also heard good things!) I googled it and Carrie is his fourth novel but first to be published. So the list I was going by is wrong because it had The Dark Tower novels in like 2003-2004. I don't know why but I really want to read them in order and now I can't find a correct list and it's driving me nuts. lol
    I was like WTF is a dress diaper. Bridal portraits are still so crazy to me since no one around here does them. Have fun talking wedding with your friend and game day! I wish my husband liked board games :(

• Options
    eilis1228 said:
    @jenna8984 YES they are everywhere!
    I can't even see what @AlPacina tagged me in WTF. I see her whole post as these stupid ads. 

• Options
    Ack work has been insane all day -- but I just need to chime in that the weird ads are incredibly annoying.  
  • Options
    @GoldenPenguin That's definitely the idea! We're going to encourage the lady at the spa to hit all the right spots! It's time for Callie to make her grand entrance! Only 5 more days til National Guacamole Day!

• Options
    @lavenderfields13 If you hit quote, it will show you what she said. :)

• Options
    I see none of these mysterious ads. 

• Options
    Happy Friday!

Last night I started Gronk, Edelman, and Big Ben on my fantasy team, so that's an awesome start to the season. H and I also had pizza, brownies, pop, and beer. I regret nothing.

Tonight we have gaming - H will be running a new campaign, so it's character creation for Exalted. Joy.

Tomorrow we have nothing officially planned. Probably we'll do some home improvement things we've been putting off (replacing the seal on the dishwasher, hanging the mirror, cleaning). We might play some board games with friends in the evening.

Sunday is for football.
  • Options
    Swazzle said:
    I see none of these mysterious ads. 

Obviously TK just LOVES you then. ;)

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards