Wedding Etiquette Forum
Options

PSA: Put away your phones!!!!

Re: PSA: Put away your phones!!!!

• Options
    First it's about the phones but then it was really about all cameras. Then the photographer shoved but he really just nudged. Exactly what is going on?
    Hard to tell for sure, but possibly OP is reminding us why we suspected her as a catfish or troll when she arrived last month...
    Pretty sure you haven't been elected spokesperson for the forum.
    Let's take a vote then :lol: bc I know I'm not the only one who saw through your bull in those first 3 threads.
    I really couldn't care less. Again, I knew what I was getting into when I began posting here. It's a mob mentality where everyone enjoys ganging up on people, then if the OP complains, they all band together and say "oh no one was ganging up on you. We're really just trying to help you. You're just too stupid to see it." LOL works on some of the naive types.

This whole thread devolved because people who agreed with my point chose instead to nitpick and start an argument because they like to argue and more and more joined in for the same reason, while maintaining "oh we agree with you." If that isn't f-ed up, I don't know what is.
    Yep, I'm totally the first one to band together and gang up on people...yep, that's me. (damn, I'm on mobile so my pink comic sans isn't showing up, on poop) I think you knew what you were getting into when you began posting on here, bc you are playing us - but I didn't pile on when you were called out on the beginning, also never stopped side eyeing you. This tantrum isn't convincing me I'm wrong. Also, as a photog I've always sided with guests and believed a professional photog can work on all situations and without touching guests. My previous posts on this topic have given the same advice time after time.
    Again, couldn't care less that you are side-eyeing me. I really couldn't. I'm not trying to convince you of anything. I was posting my opinion on rude guests and regardless of what the photographer can or cannot do, it's never okay to behave like that. You "siding" with the guests only tells us that you approve rude behavior.
    Actually, I'm pretty sure that makes @photokitty a professional. I'd be more pissed at a vendor who "nudged" a family or friend of mine in attendance rather than just, y'know, work around them like I'm paying the vendor to do. 
  • Options
    There are way too many things out there to occupy your mind and phones / cameras / guests in the aisle shouldn't be it.

Right now, I'd focus on keeping your thoughts coherent instead of insulting the intelligence of others when you're called out for the lack of focus and consistency.   

• Options
    What the shit did I just read???

I reread this post like 5 times, and all I can figure is that OP just wanted to start an argument.

"Love is the one thing we're capable of perceiving that transcends time and space."

• Options
    Ok, so we all apologized for being rude and assuming that you were a troll/catfish and told you that we wanted you to stick around and participate. But I would daresay that nobody feels that way after reading the stuff you have just posted. The people that you are arguing with are regs, and have been for a long time. They have excellent insight into situations and offer great advice. It was completely uncalled for for you to fly off the handle like this.

• Options
    I have to say that when I read through it, I felt like OP was the only one looking to argue. Like she was trying to catch people being inconsistent.

The people who stepped into the aisle were rude, but the offended party rising above their feelings of indignation hopefully presents to the ones being rude an example of good grace. The goal is not to be rude to those who are rude to you. In the grand scheme of things, it's not a big deal.
  • Options
    Two things:

1. I do think people one these boards are 100x harder on etiquette mistakes made by brides/grooms than guests- which is how it should be, honestly. They are held to a different standard because they are different roles and a hosting mistake is more egregious than an individual party-goer behaving badly.

2. I DO NOT UNDERSTAND the argument about nudged versus pushed (FYI OP "pushed" is way more dramatic than "nudged" so yeah) because BOTH INVOLVE MAKING BODILY CONTACT WITH ANOTHER PERSON WHICH IS SO FAR BEYOND UNACCEPTABLE FOR A PROFESSIONAL TO DO THAT I CAN NOT EVEN. Honestly if I were that bride THAT might have been enough to have me venting the next day- I would be livid.
  • Options
    edited November 2015
    redoryx said:
    First it's about the phones but then it was really about all cameras. Then the photographer shoved but he really just nudged. Exactly what is going on?
    Hard to tell for sure, but possibly OP is reminding us why we suspected her as a catfish or troll when she arrived last month...
    Pretty sure you haven't been elected spokesperson for the forum.
    Let's take a vote then :lol: bc I know I'm not the only one who saw through your bull in those first 3 threads.
    I really couldn't care less. Again, I knew what I was getting into when I began posting here. It's a mob mentality where everyone enjoys ganging up on people, then if the OP complains, they all band together and say "oh no one was ganging up on you. We're really just trying to help you. You're just too stupid to see it." LOL works on some of the naive types.

This whole thread devolved because people who agreed with my point chose instead to nitpick and start an argument because they like to argue and more and more joined in for the same reason, while maintaining "oh we agree with you." If that isn't f-ed up, I don't know what is.
    Yep, I'm totally the first one to band together and gang up on people...yep, that's me. (damn, I'm on mobile so my pink comic sans isn't showing up, on poop) I think you knew what you were getting into when you began posting on here, bc you are playing us - but I didn't pile on when you were called out on the beginning, also never stopped side eyeing you. This tantrum isn't convincing me I'm wrong. Also, as a photog I've always sided with guests and believed a professional photog can work on all situations and without touching guests. My previous posts on this topic have given the same advice time after time.
    Again, couldn't care less that you are side-eyeing me. I really couldn't. I'm not trying to convince you of anything. I was posting my opinion on rude guests and regardless of what the photographer can or cannot do, it's never okay to behave like that. You "siding" with the guests only tells us that you approve rude behavior.
    Actually, I'm pretty sure that makes @photokitty a professional. I'd be more pissed at a vendor who "nudged" a family or friend of mine in attendance rather than just, y'know, work around them like I'm paying the vendor to do. 
    I'd be pissed at guests who don't know basic manners. But that's just me.
  • Options

I reread this post like 5 times, and all I can figure is that OP just wanted to start an argument.
    Join Banana in the reading comprehension classes then.
  • Options
    edited November 2015
    Ok, so we all apologized for being rude and assuming that you were a troll/catfish and told you that we wanted you to stick around and participate. But I would daresay that nobody feels that way after reading the stuff you have just posted. The people that you are arguing with are regs, and have been for a long time. They have excellent insight into situations and offer great advice. It was completely uncalled for for you to fly off the handle like this.

Oh please. Just because someone has been here a while doesn't mean they have excellent insight or advice. There are only two regulars on this thread that I would consider people who consistently posts good advice (and I still disagree with them in this case). Yes, there are some very good posters on this forum, which is why I stuck around. But most of the ones in this thread are not who I would run to for advice or insight.
  • Options

Join Banana in the reading comprehension classes then.
    No honey, you're the one who needs that class.

You posted about rude guests being rude.  Everyone validated that rude guests are rude.  Then it went left with you getting totally melodramatic and confrontational with everyone. . . and you are continuing to choose to argue.  Why else would you even respond to my post?

Did this thread hit a nerve because the bride is your good friend?  Your other posts typically haven't been this agitated, even if you disagreed with people.

"Love is the one thing we're capable of perceiving that transcends time and space."

• Options
    JBee85 said:
    The bride sure noticed today. She was livid because she couldn't see the groom's face until he poked his head around her cousin who was in the aisle. And I stand by my title. Put your damn phones down. If you can't live without your phone, whether it's for pictures or texts or an update on Twitter, for 20 minutes, you really need professional help.
    It is the bride who needs it. If a guest who steps in the aisle (probably over excitement of the moment) to snap a picture is enough to "ruin" your whole wedding day and carry a grudge over, then you have some serious anger issues. I could think of many other things that I've witnessed at weddings which are far worse than this to be pissed off over (like having your gifts/money in cards stolen) than this very small occurrence.
    Who said it ruined her whole wedding day? Don't invent things and attribute it to me.
  • Options
    Baby is keeping me up so I thought I'd check out the good ol' E board. Did not disappoint.

You darn hypocrites, all of you.
  • Options
    JBee85 said:
    The bride sure noticed today. She was livid because she couldn't see the groom's face until he poked his head around her cousin who was in the aisle. And I stand by my title. Put your damn phones down. If you can't live without your phone, whether it's for pictures or texts or an update on Twitter, for 20 minutes, you really need professional help.
    It is the bride who needs it. If a guest who steps in the aisle (probably over excitement of the moment) to snap a picture is enough to "ruin" your whole wedding day and carry a grudge over, then you have some serious anger issues. I could think of many other things that I've witnessed at weddings which are far worse than this to be pissed off over (like having your gifts/money in cards stolen) than this very small occurrence.
    Who said it ruined her whole wedding day? Don't invent things and attribute it to me.
    The fact that she was talking about it the next day and discussed it with you means she's clearly was quite upset about it.
  • Options
    JBee85JBee85 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment Name Dropper
    edited November 2015
    JBee85 said:
    Uh oh, are you angry with me? All your posts carry hostile, bitter and angry tones that it's sincerely concerning. Since it has dragged to this point, it is clear who may need anger management guidance.

Also, you mentioned reading comprehension classes. That must make you a better reader than many of us then, right? Do you not know how to apply literary inference?
  • Options
    JBee85 said:
    The fact that she was talking about it the next day and discussed it with you means she's clearly was quite upset about it.
    Bitching about something and claiming it ruined the whole day are two different concepts, in case that isn't inherently clear to you.
  • Options
    JBee85 said:
    JBee85 said:
    Uh oh, are you angry with me? All your posts carry hostile, bitter and angry tones that it's sincerely concerning. Since it has dragged to this point, it is clear who may need anger management guidance.

Also, you mentioned reading comprehension classes. That must make you a better reader than many of us then, right? Do you not know how to apply literary inference?
    Yeah, people tend to get hostile and bitter when their words are repeatedly mischaracterized just so people can gang up and call THEM the problem.
  • Options
    I can not believe people are actually arguing.  I think it is completely rude for people to be in the isles at a wedding, on their phones or in the way of the photographer.  I have sat in my seat and video taped the bride walking down the isle.  I have seen photographers fighting to get a shot due to people in the isle taking pictures.  I can understand all points.  It really to me depends on the type of wedding.  A back yard, park, or low key venue it is much more acceptable, or so it seems for people to be in the isles or walking around taking pictures.  My wedding is going to be in a ball room.  I am paying for a videographer and photographer.  So I will have two photographers, two video cameras and a producer.  In order for me to make sure the people I am paying get the shot, I will have a sign requesting that phones be put away during the ceremony.  This was a hard choice.  We all want the extra shots, and family want to take pictures.  But Ive seen some rude things and I really want a peaceful ceremony.  They can take all the picture they want at the reception.  I hope this works, but if they insist on taking pictures I hope they stay sitting.
  • Options
    I can not believe people are actually arguing.  I think it is completely rude for people to be in the isles at a wedding, on their phones or in the way of the photographer.  I have sat in my seat and video taped the bride walking down the isle.  I have seen photographers fighting to get a shot due to people in the isle taking pictures.  I can understand all points.  It really to me depends on the type of wedding.  A back yard, park, or low key venue it is much more acceptable, or so it seems for people to be in the isles or walking around taking pictures.  My wedding is going to be in a ball room.  I am paying for a videographer and photographer.  So I will have two photographers, two video cameras and a producer.  In order for me to make sure the people I am paying get the shot, I will have a sign requesting that phones be put away during the ceremony.  This was a hard choice.  We all want the extra shots, and family want to take pictures.  But Ive seen some rude things and I really want a peaceful ceremony.  They can take all the picture they want at the reception.  I hope this works, but if they insist on taking pictures I hope they stay sitting.
    No.  This is wrong. You are being rude.  

• Options

If you need an elegant wedding venue in Europe or want to find amazing honeymoon destination, visit http://www.wherewedding.co.uk/

Sorry, but the forum rules prohibit commercial solicitation, and hijacking a thread on an unrelated subject to do it compounds the offensiveness of it.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards