Options

Who or what are you side-eyeing?

Re: Who or what are you side-eyeing?

• Options
    MCmeowMCmeow member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment Name Dropper
    edited July 2016
    MCmeow said:
    Side eyeing one of my friends who got engaged after us, who keeps updating wedding planning stuff on Facebook as if people care. She just launched a blog called "wedding Wednesdays" where she'll share her wedding updates to us -_- whyyyy
    You must keep us updated on this. Sounds like a lot of material for snark.
    It already is... Past entries were about decorating her engagement party, how it went, etc. Current entry is her stage of planning, how she's sending STD's soon, sending thank you's for engagement party, it's so hard to choose a dress, etc etc. more details you shouldn't really make public. It's a monthly blog entry on her progress and I can imagine people assuming they're invited and then being pissed and more people just blocking her posts and I "can't even"
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    MCmeow said:
    MCmeow said:
    Side eyeing one of my friends who got engaged after us, who keeps updating wedding planning stuff on Facebook as if people care. She just launched a blog called "wedding Wednesdays" where she'll share her wedding updates to us -_- whyyyy
    You must keep us updated on this. Sounds like a lot of material for snark.
    It already is... Past entries were about decorating her engagement party, how it went, etc. Current entry is her stage of planning, how she's sending STD's soon, sending thank you's for engagement party, it's so hard to choose a dress, etc etc. more details you shouldn't really make public. It's a monthly blog entry on her progress and I can imagine people assuming they're invited and then being pissed and more people just blocking her posts and I "can't even"
    Maybe she thinks she'll be the new I Thee Dread blogess. 

I wish we bragged about our real accomplishments as much as people brag about finding someone to marry. 

• Options
    Side eying our Maui condo which has AC on a 2 hour timer in the room farthest from the bedroom.  No AC in the bedroom.  It was a sauna when we arrived and we have now moved the mattress into the living room to sleep.  We'll move it back before we go.  It's a shame too, since the condo is fantastic and the owners have been amazing with communication, outfitting it with everything we could need (aside from AC) and the caretaker has been leaving us yummy Maui treats all week.  But we're melting here!!!

• Options
    JaxInBlueJaxInBlue member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment Name Dropper
    edited July 2016
    TSA. Big time.  Traveled with the baby for the first time over the holiday weekend.  Made a big stink about me not wanting to dump baby bottles that were over the 3.4 oz limit (even though its legal) because those bottles had a "weird" reading.  Got super upset when I said I prefer waiting for a re-screener over dumping them and badgered me about whether or not the bottles were actually breast milk.  Since my milk never came in and I couldn't BF, that was super fun.

Bottles were cleared on rescreening.  TSA's complaint department is getting an earful from me though about how I was treated (and how DH wasn't) - cuz everyone knows only the people with ovaries can make bottles and pack diaper bags and answer baby related question.
    Anniversary

• Options
    kvrunskvruns member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its First Answer
    Side eying our Maui condo which has AC on a 2 hour timer in the room farthest from the bedroom.  No AC in the bedroom.  It was a sauna when we arrived and we have now moved the mattress into the living room to sleep.  We'll move it back before we go.  It's a shame too, since the condo is fantastic and the owners have been amazing with communication, outfitting it with everything we could need (aside from AC) and the caretaker has been leaving us yummy Maui treats all week.  But we're melting here!!!
    no ceiling fan or sliding doors to a balcony? YUCK!
  • Options
    kvruns said:
    no ceiling fan or sliding doors to a balcony? YUCK!
    Yes to ceiling fans and windows/doors to the balcony, as well as an extra portable fan, but it's over 30C here, so it's just pushing around hot air.  The AC air doesn't reach the bedroom.  Believe me, we've tried with all the fans

• Options
    Oh lordy, just received an invitation for a fall wedding. RSVP deadline is 6-7 weeks before the wedding. I guess they are B listing - at least we made the A list.
    Our RSVP deadline was 6 weeks before the wedding but only because I'm way too type A for my own good and know lots of our friends and family would be the opposite and take some tracking down.  I was right; I just got the last missing reply (who I gave a solid 2 weeks AFTER the deadline before following up, in case it was in the mail or something) two days ago.  Early deadline =/= obvious B listing...

Currently side eyeing FH, who legitimately recently wanted to turn our current wedding day in to a PPD and get legally married beforehand, all because he doesn't want to spend the time going to get the marriage license (we're getting married in the state we both are originally from/where his whole family lives, he wanted to get the license in our current home state to "save time.").  I shut down that train wreck of an idea by pointing out that our friends and family were spending time to come see us get married, not just to have a party.

For what it is worth, my H and I live in Louisiana and got married in my CA hometown.  We researched and found we could have gotten our license in either state, but Louisiana was more of a PITA than CA.  So we just got our license there the day after we arrived.

Check with both state laws and check with your officiant (sp?), but I wouldn't be surprised if you can get your license in your home state and then have your legal ceremony in the other state, just like you are already planning.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    BUMP

An engaged coworker just announced that she's leaving to "sort out the cake situation" with the gravity & exasperation of someone off to negotiate peace in the Middle East.

(The situation is just that they haven't selected a flavour/bakery yet.)

Cake.  Sounds like a decision where most of them will be good choices.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    BUMP

An engaged coworker just announced that she's leaving to "sort out the cake situation" with the gravity & exasperation of someone off to negotiate peace in the Middle East.

(The situation is just that they haven't selected a flavour/bakery yet.)

Cake.  Sounds like a decision where most of them will be good choices.
    IDK. You get a bad cake and it could ruin a wedding. 
  • Options
    A Facebook friend had an outdoor wedding ceremony yesterday, and it rained hard...so there are pictures of the entire wedding, including the GROOM, holding umbrellas so they could get their outdoor ceremony. It looks miserable, and while the bride and groom are grinning wide, the guests look less than pleased.

Another reminder of how important BACK UP PLANS are.

• Options

One of my friends went to her friend's wedding over the weekend.

And someone else got engaged. In the middle of the reception.

Image result for someecard betting someone half your shit youll love them forever
  • Options
    edited September 2016

Did the bride and groom know in advance or was it a shock to everyone?

Exited by IPad clearly sucks
  • Options

IDK. I'll have to talk to my friend about it. There's pictures with dude in the middle of the dance floor and the grooms behind them, one with a microphone, so it could have been preplanned or it could have been a Kanye kinda thing. 

I would be mortified if I were the girlfriend. More so than if I actually took a shit on the couple.

Image result for someecard betting someone half your shit youll love them forever
  • Options
    MeetTheLarasMeetTheLaras member
    5 Love Its Name Dropper First Answer First Comment
    edited September 2016

IDK. I'll have to talk to my friend about it. There's pictures with dude in the middle of the dance floor and the grooms behind them, one with a microphone, so it could have been preplanned or it could have been a Kanye kinda thing. 

I would be mortified if I were the girlfriend. More so than if I actually took a shit on the couple.

Oh wow.. I hope it was preplanned with the couple's knowledge. My future brother-in-law hinted awhile back that he would want to propose at the wedding. But to be honest, I'm not his biggest fan. And I wouldn't prefer it. We shut that down pretty quickly. Thankfully, his girlfriend is a sweetheart and as soon as he hinted, she was mortified as well. 

But I could imagine a situation where it would be sweet to share that day with someone we were really close to. 

**Edited for grammar.
  • Options
    If you're going to get engaged at someone else's wedding, you might as well go big or go home:

https://youtu.be/t4WP3bODmfo
  • Options
    Caution:  I'm being super judgey

I am side eyeing my 24 year old cousin who just asked Facebook world if she should throw herself a diaper party for her third baby. 

I will let you fill in the blanks on the rest of the details since that's what I'm judging and you'll probably guess correctly. 
  • Options

I am side eyeing my 24 year old cousin who just asked Facebook world if she should throw herself a diaper party for her third baby. 

I will let you fill in the blanks on the rest of the details since that's what I'm judging and you'll probably guess correctly. 
    So many faux pas! 
  • Options

Because baby 3 your OBVIOUSLY need things/sarcasm

Although, my coworker has a 3rd child but it was nearly 6 years after her last child and they had moved here from Jamaica so had no baby stuff. I guess there's exceptions to every rule.
  • Options
    If you're going to get engaged at someone else's wedding, you might as well go big or go home:

https://youtu.be/t4WP3bODmfo
    At least Brad and Janet waited until the couple/guests left the church to get engaged.
  • Options

Because baby 3 your OBVIOUSLY need things/sarcasm

Although, my coworker has a 3rd child but it was nearly 6 years after her last child and they had moved here from Jamaica so had no baby stuff. I guess there's exceptions to every rule.
    Definitely no exceptions here....her oldest is in first grade, middle child is in preschool I believe. 
  • Options

This is a continual side-eye.  Advertisers who constantly show commercials in my area for places we either 1) never had or 2) haven't had in many years.

Examples.  Boston Market.  There has NEVER been one in NOLA.  There used to be a few in Baton Rouge (one hour away), but all of those closed down about 10 years ago.  Currently, the closest one is 9 hours away in Houston.  But many commercials, every night, on multiple channels.

Dave and Busters.  Actually, they are about to open one here...though it is still about 6 months away.  But they've been showing the commercials for YEARS.  Even though the closest ones have been Houston, TX and Panama City, FL.  As in, an overnight trip at least.

And that is just the worst offenders.  There are a lot of examples.

Why?  WHY?!?  Throw that much money down a pointless black hole.  Use it to reduce franchisee fees. Or I'm sure there are underpaid people in the corporate offices.  Give them raises to make benefits better.  Or heck, just reduce unnecessary expenses, which will improve financials, and potentially make their stock go up. 

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    @short+sassy we've been getting that lately for Zaxby's.  The closest ones are in Salt Lake City, which is a good 8 hours from here.  
    Married 9.12.15
  • Options
    People who post their baby's face as their profile pic. No, that's not you. If you want a photo with your kid or someone else, fine, but I do not get posting an ultrasound or your new baby as the only person in the pic. Is there a parent in here who can make me understand why parents do this? It makes zero sense. 
    THIS. I wonder if these people pause for one second to consider the implications of making someone else your profile pic... is your entire identity being a mom? You have a personality and a life beyond your child (or you should...) so a picture of them alone (no matter how cute they are, how important they are to you, whatever) should not be your face to the world.
  • Options
    People who post their baby's face as their profile pic. No, that's not you. If you want a photo with your kid or someone else, fine, but I do not get posting an ultrasound or your new baby as the only person in the pic. Is there a parent in here who can make me understand why parents do this? It makes zero sense. 
    THIS. I wonder if these people pause for one second to consider the implications of making someone else your profile pic... is your entire identity being a mom? You have a personality and a life beyond your child (or you should...) so a picture of them alone (no matter how cute they are, how important they are to you, whatever) should not be your face to the world.
    A thousand times yes. A picture with your kids makes sense to me. A picture of your kids is AW at best and says some fascinating things about your self identity at worst.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards