Chit Chat

Who or what are you side-eyeing?

Re: Who or what are you side-eyeing?

• mollybarker11mollybarker11 member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    edited May 2016
    This pinterest pin, "Elegant Rustic Chic"

• edited May 2016
    "Bless their hearts." (Southern for SMDH)

Or if you prefer, Whiskey Tango Foxtrot.

FW grew up in the South and was an Army medic.
  • This pinterest pin, "Elegant Rustic Chic"

Is it bad this makes me want to get super drunk and do something crazy?  They obviously need something to talk about, so I think that'd make a great wedding present:)
  • edited May 2016
    People who throw trash in the recycling bin or recycling in the trash when the recycling bin is clearly labeled and the trash bin is right next to it. WTF! How hard is it to put things in the right bin?

Also, people who throw cans, bottles, or cups in the trash with liquid still in them.
  • Someone on my FB feed just asked why it was so was smokey here this afternoon.  Umm, giant wildfire north of us that evacuated 90 000 people last week??  Really??  

• Someone on my FB feed just asked why it was so was smokey here this afternoon.  Umm, giant wildfire north of us that evacuated 90 000 people last week??  Really??  

Wow! They deserve a good smack.
  • ernursej said:
    Someone on my FB feed just asked why it was so was smokey here this afternoon.  Umm, giant wildfire north of us that evacuated 90 000 people last week??  Really??  

Wow! They deserve a good smack.
    I've now had several of these pop up.  People have responded with the Ft. Mac fire, and they have responded with "Umm, maybe??"

• The woman who loudly interrupted one of the attorneys I work with while he was doing trial prep and ignored me when I reminded her that her appointment was later in the day.
  • People who throw trash in the recycling bin or recycling in the trash when the recycling bin is clearly labeled and the trash bin is right next to it. WTF! How hard is it to put things in the right bin?

Also, people who throw cans, bottles, or cups in the trash with liquid still in them.
    I'm in Seattle, saying the words "I don't recycle" is just as bad as saying "I kick puppies".

• I'm in Seattle, saying the words "I don't recycle" is just as bad as saying "I kick puppies".
    Ohh, we're probably road tripping to Seattle and maybe Portland this summer.  I'll have to bug you later about what to do there.  

• I'm in Seattle, saying the words "I don't recycle" is just as bad as saying "I kick puppies".
    Ohh, we're probably road tripping to Seattle and maybe Portland this summer.  I'll have to bug you later about what to do there.  
    Absolutely! I can point you towards don't miss sites and the best eats.

• I am side eyeing FI. He wanted to put the AC unit in, and I told him the cord wasn't long enough for the window he wanted. So that meant that he spent a good 45 minutes getting it all set up just to discover......You guessed it! Cord isn't long enough. Now he's angry mumbling while moving the damn thing.

>.>

Absolutely! I can point you towards don't miss sites and the best eats.
    Let me know if you need suggestions for Portland! There are so many don't-miss places to eat and things to do here (especially in summer!), and the Food Network hasn't destroyed all of them with publicity yet :)
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Oh lordy, just received an invitation for a fall wedding. RSVP deadline is 6-7 weeks before the wedding. I guess they are B listing - at least we made the A list.
  • Oh lordy, just received an invitation for a fall wedding. RSVP deadline is 6-7 weeks before the wedding. I guess they are B listing - at least we made the A list.
    People really do that? 
    People really do that? 
    Apparently!
    People really do that? 
    Apparently!
    Wow. I guess that's what the a-list, b-list, c-list drop down menu is on my website guest list. 
    People really do that? 
    Apparently!
    Wow. I guess that's what the a-list, b-list, c-list drop down menu is on my website guest list. 
    Seriously? No wonder people think it is ok to do it.
  • Seriously? No wonder people think it is ok to do it.
    I didn't know what it was for so I ignored it. Why would anyone want someone who's not an a-lister to be at their wedding?
    I didn't know what it was for so I ignored it. Why would anyone want someone who's not an a-lister to be at their wedding?
    In the hope of getting as many gifts/checks as possible, I presume...
    BabyFruit Ticker
    In the hope of getting as many gifts/checks as possible, I presume...
    Probably but I really hope it's because of monetary or venue size limitations. 
    Our RSVP deadline was 6 weeks before the wedding but only because I'm way too type A for my own good and know lots of our friends and family would be the opposite and take some tracking down.  I was right; I just got the last missing reply (who I gave a solid 2 weeks AFTER the deadline before following up, in case it was in the mail or something) two days ago.  Early deadline =/= obvious B listing...

Currently side eyeing FH, who legitimately recently wanted to turn our current wedding day in to a PPD and get legally married beforehand, all because he doesn't want to spend the time going to get the marriage license (we're getting married in the state we both are originally from/where his whole family lives, he wanted to get the license in our current home state to "save time.").  I shut down that train wreck of an idea by pointing out that our friends and family were spending time to come see us get married, not just to have a party.
    Anniversary>
    Our RSVP deadline was 6 weeks before the wedding but only because I'm way too type A for my own good and know lots of our friends and family would be the opposite and take some tracking down.  I was right; I just got the last missing reply (who I gave a solid 2 weeks AFTER the deadline before following up, in case it was in the mail or something) two days ago.  Early deadline =/= obvious B listing...

Currently side eyeing FH, who legitimately recently wanted to turn our current wedding day in to a PPD and get legally married beforehand, all because he doesn't want to spend the time going to get the marriage license (we're getting married in the state we both are originally from/where his whole family lives, he wanted to get the license in our current home state to "save time.").  I shut down that train wreck of an idea by pointing out that our friends and family were spending time to come see us get married, not just to have a party.
    Maybe in your particular case you are not b-listing, but I am willing to bet some of your guests thought you were...
    Eh, fair enough.  I can't control what people think.
    Anniversary>
  • kvrunskvruns member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its First Answer
    Oh lordy, just received an invitation for a fall wedding. RSVP deadline is 6-7 weeks before the wedding. I guess they are B listing - at least we made the A list.

Maybe in your particular case you are not b-listing, but I am willing to bet some of your guests thought you were...

I was the same, out RSVP deadline was 5-6 weeks ahead and it was because the venue required the headcount 1 month in advance. I pushed back (especially since they have the chairs/tables on site so it seemed weird to need it that far ahead) and their deadline was firm. We built in like 1.5 weeks to track people down so we could meet that 1 month deadline.
  • kvruns said:
    Oh lordy, just received an invitation for a fall wedding. RSVP deadline is 6-7 weeks before the wedding. I guess they are B listing - at least we made the A list.

I was the same, out RSVP deadline was 5-6 weeks ahead and it was because the venue required the headcount 1 month in advance. I pushed back (especially since they have the chairs/tables on site so it seemed weird to need it that far ahead) and their deadline was firm. We built in like 1.5 weeks to track people down so we could meet that 1 month deadline.
    Count me in as another that had to have final numbers prior to 30 days out - I think our deadline was 5 weeks out. Our venue was firm as well - no pushing it back.
  • Most of my side eyes are from FB brides it seems....so here is another one.

The weekly post from someone asking a FB group what the legalities are to get married, more often than not it's also next month or in a couple of weeks.

How the hell have you gotten that close to your ceremony and just now remembered you need to make it legal, and why in the hell would you trust the opinion of strangers on what is and isn't legal in your situation?
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards