Not Engaged Yet
Options

Wednesday

Good morning and happy Hump Day! One day closer to the weekend! 

I've been away the last two weekends and I'm so sleep-deprived that I don't think I'll wake up until noon on Saturday. FINE BY ME. 

I made broiled miso salmon last night and holy moly. SO GOOD. The marinade tastes exactly like a dish I love at Nobu so this is easily going in the rotation. Tonight I'm making Chicken in tomato-chipotle sauce with avocado crema and cilantro lime rice for me, H, and H's friend who comes over every Wednesday for Survivor. I'm sure there's a bottle of wine in my future as well. 

On the way to the train station this morning, I was listening to the radio and they were talking about whether you drink or throw away the milk in the bowl when you're done eating all of the cereal. I rarely eat cereal anymore but I've ALWAYS drank the milk afterwards. Why would you waste that goodness? Have you ever had cereal milk ice cream? That shit is DIVINE! Cinnamon toast crunch ice cream FTW. So, what say you? Do you drink the milk or toss the milk?

Re: Wednesday

• Options
    @southernpeach89 H and I are on a total cornbread kick right now... I hate leftovers so I've been making individual cornbreads in my ramekins - ughhh so good.
  • Options
    @Swazzle Always drink the milk! I'm with you there. I'm also with you on sleeping forever this weekend.

@southernpaech89 Hopefully you get the drainage issue resolved. 

@PamBeesly524 That's obnoxious of your friend! I would have thrown the phone at him for sure.

Last night I lounged around again. I got some stuff done but it's so hard not to just relax when Tess is laying on me. We had dinner and caught up on Gotham and Bar Rescue. We were going to go to bed early, but it was around 10 that we finally crashed. I just want one solid night of sleep! Okay enough whining about being tired. 
    friends tv show funy
  • Options
    @southernpeach89 - Ahhh cornbread! That sounds so, so good. This weekend is supposed to be beautiful here so I'm hoping that H and I can get outside and make our yard look somewhat presentable. 

@PamBeesly524 - Awesome job with your run! 

• Options
    Btw - so jealous of all of you with your yards! That's the biggest thing I hate about our apartment.. No outdoor space!
  • Options
    @CocoBellaF K's nursery is coming along great!! 
    friends tv show funy
  • Options
    PamBeesly524PamBeesly524 member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    edited April 2016
    @CocoBellaF Love everything you've done to K's nursery! Also love that top from ThredUp... So comfy and springy!

ETA: I also think it's awesome that her hamper is almost completely full with stuffed animals already :)
  • Options
    @PamBeesly524 Nice job on the early morning run! Even if you were sluggish you still got it done and out of the way so that's good.

@cocobellaF Loving all the pics and love your new top- really cute!

Yesterday I did my PIIT workout when I got home. I still have to talk myself into working out but since it's only about a 1/2 an hour it helps me to just do it. Then I made dinner and it was a Pinterest fail :( After dinner I showered, stalked the MLS listings and read another chapter of my book. 

Work is so busy lately and I'm over it. I have 3 annual reviews that were due last month that I still haven't had time to do and I HATE writing them. Oh and I thought today was Thursday at first :(

So H requested some sort of steak meal this week since I cook pasta A LOT. I bought sirloin tips but we can't use a grill at our apartment and I really hate the taste/smell of beef fried in a pan. Any tips on still getting good flavor on the stove or in the oven? I was going to marinate them in balsamic vinaigrette.

• Options
    @lavenderfields13 - I've broiled steak before and it's come out very nicely.
  • Options
    I forgot about the cereal question. I've never drank the milk after eating the cereal. I do feel like I'm wasting it but I've never been tempted to drink it!

• Options
    @lavenderfields13 what was the pinterest fail?!

@jenna8984 lookin' good mama! love the bump.

• Options
    @speakeasy14 I can't believe you had it in you to still go food shopping and cook dinner! I would have been lazy and ordered pizza lol.
    Ugh my H goes to concerts with one of his friends pretty often and they always come back to our apartment after and his friend crashes there. I don't mind because I don't want him drinking and driving but they're always loud and wake me up in the middle of the night and I get ragey.
    Also, I would lose if it my MIL lectured me on cleaning my house!

• Options
    @speakeasy14 I think he made it because I didn't hear otherwise! Would bf's mom really lecture you about cleaning?! only, you, not bf? or both of you?
  • Options
    @PamBeesly524 Enjoy your cake and beer celebration!!! I'm so jealous!

@CocoBellaF I did the Plyo Circuit Cardio video. It's like a 40 minute workout.

@Lavenderfields13 Oh no lol! What did you make that was a pinterest fail?

@Jenna8984 You look fantastic!!!

• Options
    speakeasy14speakeasy14 member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    edited April 2016
  • Options
    Also, I'm going through the 'never have I ever' thread now and adding my 'loves'.... I wish I had been on yesterday!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

"You are made of win." -SopChick
    Still here and still fabulous!

• Options
    @Swazzle  Cereal milk is a shared event. I drink some and then give the rest to the cats, which is what I've always done lol One of my cats use to LOVE corn pops also, so I'd leave a couple in the bowl for him to munch

@CocoBellaF & @jenna8984 both of you ladies look great!!

Not much last night. This cold is making Matt feel really tired, but he helped with a bit of dishes before he felt tired.

Not much else last night. Tonight I do need to throw laundry in and vacuum. I took out hamburger but not sure what I'll make. Likely hamburger helper.

It suppose to be warm-ish soon so I may sit on our balcony for a bit, we get the afternoon sun so it may be warm.
  • Options
    @swazzle - Survivor will be my escape tonight!
    @CocoBellaF - You are adorable, and so is the nursery!
    @lavenderfields13 - You can sear it on the stove and finish in the oven. That'd be good!
    @jenna8984 - Looking good! :)
    @speakeasy14 - Thank you. H and I are fine, and we know that's the most important thing.

What a night. We had a massive hail storm last night that ripped right through our neighborhood. You know the dark purple spots they show on doppler radar? Yeah, that was us. Hail somewhere between golf ball and tennis ball size. The hail only lasted 5 minutes but it was so loud and pretty scary. We have 3 broken windows, 7 window screens with holes in them, and worst of all H's truck is un-drivable. His front windshield is completely cracked, headlights busted, and dents all over his truck. In fact, the hail hit at just the right angle that it popped off his interior rearview mirror from the outside. There were some shingles on the ground so our roof might not be in the best shape either. Will find out tonight. We called insurance right away to file a claim but even paying the deductible is going to suck. You know how we were debating on getting a new bed? Last night, just a few hours before this unanticipated storm, we went out and bought it. Last night H said something about canceling it. I kind of snapped at him, because even though I know it's probably the "smart" thing to do, I don't want to. Anyway, we're both at work today because there's nothing we can really do at this point. Is it 5:00 yet? I need a drink.

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

• Options
    @PamBeesly524 @southernpeach89 It was pasta with goat cheese, lemon and spinach. You mix the goat cheese with pasta water to make a kind of "sauce" but it was kind of gritty and just blah. I ate it because I was hungry but I immediately took it off my board.

I guess I'll try broiling the steak tips - I have no idea what I'm doing so wish me luck guys. lol

• Options
    @labro - DO IT!  Use my link so I can get $10 credit and buy more things!  :)
  • Options
    @futuremrshistorian ugh I feel for your friend, I got the same comments from an adviser during my undergrad.  I ended up getting him removed as an adviser for any student, and he was on probation when I graduated. I also made a dramatic effort to show him my law school and grad school acceptance letters, since you know I wasn't smart enough for either. --- Cornbread... I'm a yankee and have never added sugar.  At least I don't think I have. Now I want to double check my recipes.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards