Wedding Woes
Options

Wednesday

I have a canker sore and I woke up to find that the kiddo had removed the dirty, DRY laundry from the washer, put it in the DRYER, and washed a load of his own shit.  Teenage ignorance is an enigma sometimes (the kid knows what clean laundry is).  So there's that. 

DH did bring me starbucks this morning.  I knocked it out of the park for DefConn on a crane truck for valentines day...I also got him a sock monkey, but the truck's where it's at.  

This case is going on here (well, it's about an hour or so away): http://www.wthr.com/article/2-bodies-found-near-delphi-not-identified-as-missing-teenage-girls is really sad, but really strange.  Because if it isn't those girls, then who is it and there's 2 missing girls and 2 dead bodies in that small of a town? 

How's your morning going?

Re: Wednesday

• Options
    Last night sucked. H and I had a disagreement (not really a fight, but still not fun) about how he's been acting lately. He's really unhappy about not finding a job, about this job ending in 3 months and having nothing lined up, and have been putting so much time in effort and nothing paying off. I totally understand, it really sucks. 

But, he's always miserable. He's quiet, he's negative, he's short with me; and it takes its toll. Last night we were watching TV and he is not into it at all. So I ask if he wants to do something else, he says no. I ask if he'd rather read, play with the dog, anything, "no". Okay, fine. Then he gets annoyed that I "am never interested in doing anything". What?! So it goes from there, I tell him it's hard to get excited about things when he's always so cold and negative. He apologizes and wants me to tell him when he's acting like this so he can stop. Ugh, bad night all around.

So now I'm exhausted this morning, Valentines Day sucked, and it's a super long day where I'll be on campus until 9 tonight.  

• Options
    @charlotte989875, I'm sorry your night sucked.  My DH gets that way too and I understand but it's hard to live with.

My DH hit it out of the park yesterday.  I got a lovely card and small (3 pieces) box of chocolate before work, beautiful flowers at work and we went to out to dinner.  When we got home there were chocolate dipped strawberries from Edible Arrangements waiting.  YUM!  He's always been great on doing special things for holidays and birthdays.  I have to remember that when we have THOSE times that life at home isn't easy.

SSDD at work and then we need to go and renew our lease.  We need to move to a first floor unit as the steps are really tough for DH when his back is bad.  A first floor place is opening up in the next building and we are hoping to just transfer over there when it's available.  We have a new building manager who seems reasonable so shouldn't be an issue, but the last manager was difficult so I'm not sure what to expect.

After our lease meeting I'm off to church for my weekly mentoring session with Middle Schoolers.  
  • Options
    My morning is off to a better start than yesterday, but it's still SSDD and I'm ready for the weekend.  DH cooked last night, and it was delicious.  He also bought me a blue hydrangea to plant in our front yard.  So sweet.

Today is more of the same.  Work is slow.  We may have a house guest this weekend.  I'm hoping she'll flake just because of the effort I'll have to expend to host her properly, but I'm feeling pretty indifferent about either outcome.

"And when they use our atoms to make new lives, they won’t just be able to take one, they’ll have to take two, one of you and one of me..."
    --Philip Pullman

• Options
    @mrs.conn, that is so sad and scary. 

Good job with the crane truck!  I thought I did a good job with the kids, and then I was looking at an American Girl announcement on Facebook, and someone commented "I just gave my girl Gabriela for Valentine's Day!" and I thought "You spent 115 American dollars on your daughter's Valentine's Day present?"

@charlotte, V-day conflicts are the worst.  Hugs.

DH asked me for ideas, and of those, he got me some nice Bluetooth headphones for working out and to take on our trip.  Squee!  I forgot them at home (boo), but it's raining today, so I might blow off the gym anyway.  We'll see.

S/O rain, two accidents, and a commute twice as long as usual this morning.  SMH.  It wasn't even that heavy!  Just normal, steady rain.

Making plans for a day trip Sunday.  Going to have Wooz help me pack a picnic lunch, and then we're going hiking with a break for our picnic.  DS's next swim session will be on Sundays (so it doesn't conflict with soccer--hopefully), so we're enjoying our free Sundays while they last. 
  • Options
    @mrsconn23 I didn't realize that it wasn't those 2 girls. I just thought it was one of those things where they couldn't officially confirm it was them but they knew it was. Crazy if it isn't them! 
  • Options
    @charlotte989875 mine was kind of like that too. He was getting pissy playing some game on his phone so I started watching DVR (shows that are more "mine" but we both watch). He all of a sudden disappears and I see he's in the bedroom watching tv, I keep asking what is wrong bc he's obviously sulking but he refused to say anything other than I was watching my shows and he was going to watch his. I"m sure he's pissed at me for something but hell if I know what it is. Yea for valentines day
  • Options
    kvruns said:
    @mrsconn23 I didn't realize that it wasn't those 2 girls. I just thought it was one of those things where they couldn't officially confirm it was them but they knew it was. Crazy if it isn't them! 
    Thing is, it's not clear.  The local news is reporting that the autopsies are today and people are acting like it's them (holding vigils and the search for them seems to be on hold).  But the cops won't confirm.  So I wonder what the mystery is behind them not confirming it.   
  • Options
    mrsconn23 said:
    kvruns said:
    Thing is, it's not clear.  The local news is reporting that the autopsies are today and people are acting like it's them (holding vigils and the search for them seems to be on hold).  But the cops won't confirm.  So I wonder what the mystery is behind them not confirming it.   
    I wonder if they just want to be sure before they announce it?  After reading that they scaled the search way back, I'm thinking that they suspect those are the same girls, and are just waiting for the autopsy to confirm their suspicions?

Since I mentioned American Girl above, I would be remiss if I didn't ask whether you all are aware of the roiling controversy over American Girl underwear?  I saw this blow up on FB last week and was like "Whaaaaaaat?"

http://people.com/babies/american-girl-dolls-underwear-controversy/

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-4209096/Moms-boycott-American-Girl-dolls-underwear-change.html
  • Options
    Heffalump said:
    mrsconn23 said:
    kvruns said:
    I wonder if they just want to be sure before they announce it?  After reading that they scaled the search way back, I'm thinking that they suspect those are the same girls, and are just waiting for the autopsy to confirm their suspicions?

Since I mentioned American Girl above, I would be remiss if I didn't ask whether you all are aware of the roiling controversy over American Girl underwear?  I saw this blow up on FB last week and was like "Whaaaaaaat?"

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-4209096/Moms-boycott-American-Girl-dolls-underwear-change.html
    I saw the AG undies stuff.  It's very an...odd thing to take a stand on/against/whatever. 

And I think it's true that they want to be sure before they make any announcements...it's just a very odd case and I find the reporting on it to be interesting because it seems the media is going off less what they're getting from officials and more what is happening in the community. 
  • Options

Charlotte - Hugs for your bad night.  Hopefully H can recognize the pattern and change things.

MrsConn - That story is sad all around.

MNNE - I hope you can get the 1st floor apartment!  I'm sure they will be fine with that, most people seem to want upper floors because they can typically be more secure.

H got me flowers and cookies (he knows what this girl likes!).  We exchanged our cards and it dawned on me I think I got him the same card last year.  Whoops!  He said it seemed familiar to him too.

H made breakfast for dinner and it was delish.  We then relaxed for a short bit before heading over to the Church for Baptism prep.  Thankfully the Deacon only kept up there for about an hour.  I thought we might be there for longer because he can be a little long winded at times!  We were also the only couple who has not picked out an official name for their baby.  There was also only one other couple where the mom was still pregnant, even thought they ask you to go before the birth for the prep class.

Afterwards, we went home and sat up for a bit to hang out with Olive.  We then went up to bed and cuddled until we fell asleep.  After about 30 mins of us sleeping I jolted awake for some reason.  I scared the pants off H because I jolted him awake too.  At least I didn't clunk him in the jaw with my head!

Tonight I would like to hit up a yoga class since I missed my normal class last night.  H wants to try and cut some tile.  We also need to make a run to BJ's, so I hope H will do that while I'm at yoga.  We will see though.

• Options
    @mrsconn23
    I've been following that on websleuths (which is where I am when I'm not here). What a strange case. I hope it isn't the girls, but at the same time, then there are two people still missing and two more dead. That is concerning.
  • Options
    @mrsconn23 the podcast you recommended yesterday is great. I agree - the research and storytelling is very well done. 

@charlotte989875 it's so hard to love someone when they are going through a bit of depression (at least that's what it sounds like). 

Foster Dog is still bleeding with poo (sorry for the graphic nature of these updates) so I will have to take him to the vet tomorrow if it doesn't stop. 

FI and I had a nice dinner last night but I started to get a cold and had to go to bed early. I'm taking a sick day today. 

• Options

I had a nice V-Day.  My H and I were both a bit flaky and didn't get each other cards (we usually at least do that).  But we had a good dinner at Harrahs and it was free (except for the tip).  I lobstered out, lol.  I had two lobster tails and they also had a delicious lobster mac n' cheese.  Two glasses of champagne.  For dessert, one chocolate covered Oreo and two chocolate covered strawberries.  All in all, a some of my favorite decadences.  Then we played video poker for a short while and I won $20.

I had a bit of a shocker this morning.  I was reading my local news and they kept talking about Mardi Gras parades this weekend.  I was like, "Huh?  Those should be the next weekend."  Then I looked at a calendar.  Nope!  Mardi Gras is less than two weeks away (Feb. 28th).

The good news with that is I'm going to make the next weekend a 5-day weekend.  Yay!  Tuesday (Mardi Gras) is already a work holiday.  Then if I take the preceding Monday and Friday off, I can have a 5-day weekend for only 1.5 days of vacation time.  Plus my office is right on the main parade route.  The Fri./Mon. parades are at night, but still.  It's just annoying to be here and there's a crap-ton of pedestrians milling all over the place when I'm just trying to drive home without killing someone.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    @Heffalump which ear phones?  That might be a good idea for DH's bday.

Yesterday was eh.  I was going through emails and got one for a spa gift card.  I appreciate the gift card and always enjoy it, but the delivery was meh.  Oh well.  The kids liked their McDonald's gift cards. 

My brother is on his way to Nicaragua today to teach.  I always love the posts and stories when he gets back but worry while he's gone.

Spring is going to be crazy and I'm skeered- 6let is doing lacrosse, baseball, and soccer.  Lacrosse and baseball only overlap a week and not game days, but soccer overlaps it all.  Max is also starting tball.  I'm glad M2 is happy not playing ball and sticking to gymnastics.  I really need to start the merger between Care.com and uber.

I have a creepy kid story from yesterday, but it deserves it's own post.

• Options
    good morning.  It's my "sunday".  Not sure what I'm going to do.  DH's knee still hurts (he got a pretty bad contusion skiing on Sunday).    It's going to be sunny and in the 40's so I might take a hike without him.    Other than that it might be a pretty lazy day.  I did all my errands yesterday.

Last night we had sushi and then meet up with friends to go bowling.   I beat DH both games.  Never happens.  I'm guessing it was because of his knee. Whatever the case, I now have bragging rights  :tongue:

@short+sassy  - It's hard to believe Mardi Gras is in 2 weeks.  I need get on finding a costume.  There is an uphill race to the restaurant and then tons of prizes for best costumes.  Then at the bottom of the mountain there are "parades" and such.  I use parades in quote because the mall is barely a French Quarter block long.  Floats are restricted to 5 feet wide and maybe 7 feet long.  HA.    

What differentiates an average host and a great host is anticipating unexpressed needs and wants of their guests.  Just because the want/need is not expressed, doesn't mean it wouldn't be appreciated. 
  • Options
    My house is trying to kill me and my commute into work was a damn nightmare.

Not much last night. Ended up having really amazing sex {TMI I know lmao!} then did nothing.

This morning I was turning into the kitchen and my sock feet slipped, but I stopped myself quick enough.
    Then I ran upstairs to get M a new sweater while he put on his boots, and on my way down my feet slipped on the lip-edge of the stair and I slid down a few stairs. Luckily I held the banister ... by the time M was able to turn the corner I was already done sliding. My house might kill me lmao

Wicked snow last night and this morning. My bus came on time but it took 2 HOURS to get into work ... grrr! At least it was better than last time, and I got a seat. Standing on the bus isn't fun in normal times, let's add standing for awhile to that.

Tonight isn't much. Finalizing grocery list, M is likely shoveling a bit - our neighbour snow blows but the side I get out on is getting pretty close to the edge of a snowbank so I asked M to shovel some of it when he does a couple small areas so it's easier to get out.
  • Options
    Heffalump said:
    mrsconn23 said:
    kvruns said:

I think you're right. They want to be sure before they make an announcement.
  • Options
    6fsn said:
    @Heffalump which ear phones?  That might be a good idea for DH's bday.
    They are these:
    http://www.bestbuy.com/site/plantronics-backbeat-fit-wireless-in-ear-behind-the-neck-headphones-fuchsia/5592206.p?skuId=5592206

Since I left them at home, I can't comment on the sound quality, but I'll follow up once I have real world experience with them.  They seem nice, though.
  • Options
    I'm not sure anyone is familiar with PewDiePie on Youtube, but I'm not a fan. He irks me. He's also highest paid YouTuber ....

Anyways .... after a lot of Anti-Semetic stuff he said recently, Disney dropped his ass and now YouTube is! I've been following his downfall for awhile. Like I said, he irks me. Something about his personality just gets me wrong.

http://www.refinery29.com/2017/02/140928/pewdiepie-anti-semitic-videos-youtube-disney
  • Options

Also, re: creepy kids, I didn't want to threadjack your Creepy Kids thread, especially because yours is very creepy.  But continuing the creepy theme, DS woke up Sunday morning and crawled into bed with us.  The three of us were cuddling, and then DS started petting Wooz's kitten and said "I want to dig inside and play with her bones."  Um... 

I told DH let's hope for surgeon, rather than serial killer.  Maybe they were talking about digging up dinosaur bones at school?  Here's hoping.

That same morning, he also said that he wanted to take his little cousin to the zoo.  Which I thought was sweet, until he added that we could feed Little Cousin to the animals, and they would think he was delicious.

My kid is weird.
  • Options
    I'd love the feedback.  He's been running outside and just general I think this would be a nice gift.  It's more than normal price, but I've got some Ibotta money I could redeem.
  • Options
    Birthday Mulligan was a hit!  In retrospect, I think our problems last week were just a big snowball of other issues too.  I'm in a down place at work, he's been stressed at work, and having our weekend where I got to extrovert it out in NY and he got to stay in all weekend and introvert it up, we are both refreshed and in a good place individually so we can be better together.  He wrote me a cheesy poem to go with the gifts which included my Kate Spade purse (yay - I needed a new work bag so bad), wine, a framed pic of our cats and a cool Detroit tee.  He loved his WWII propaganda poster too.  Then we went to a local restaurant for dinner and BCBC'ed for the first time in a month (yay for finally not being sick again).

Today at H's work they have a going away party for a coworker who is leaving teaching and one of his coworkers made empanadas.  I'm trying to keep the mulligan going so he brings some home.

@charlotte989875 I'm sorry about H.  That's so tough.  Going through a work funk right now I get it.

@mrsconn23 that story is so sad.  Keep us posted!

@lyndausvi all is fair in love and competition!  You won fair and square IMO.

• Options
    @Heffalump and @6fsn those are the same headphones my H has and he really likes them. He returned 2 other pairs to amazon but those are the ones he finally liked 
  • Options
    Today is school day. Blech. If I wasn't at a very conservative school (half my reason for needing a drink) I would definitely drink before these classes. Unfortunately I can't afford to get expelled at this point in grad school. 

Last night was good. The plumber came late and confirmed what I already knew, so he'll have to come back to fix the tub. Although he did throw his two cents in about using poorer quality materials because they are cheaper and I was like no, do things the right way. 

because the plumber got there so late, we didn't get food to go from our favorite place, but we were pretty hungry and decided to do an early dinner at the Cheesecake Factory which turned out to be perfect timing. We beat the huge crowds and we're home in time to take a nap and watch a movie. SO got the kitten a little heart full of toys and it was so cute. He got me chocolate, and cutting boards with favorite mixed drink recipes on them. He also got me the John Wick DVD thinking I really wanted it. What I had actually said is that we shouldn't see the second one without seeing the first one, but it was sweet. 

Im trying to motivate myself to go to the gym. I think just cardio today. I really hope our teacher lets us out early. 

• Options
    @MissKittyDanger I also do not like PewDiePie and have always found him annoying and unwatchable. Thanks for posting that story. It was entertaining to me as well.
  • Options
    @mrsconn23
    I've been following that on websleuths (which is where I am when I'm not here). What a strange case. I hope it isn't the girls, but at the same time, then there are two people still missing and two more dead. That is concerning.
    It's been confirmed that it was them.  :(  Their poor parents, family, classmates, and community.