Snarky Brides
Options

AYG

Re: AYG

• Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_ayg-32?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:c6f1135c-8516-4a51-a6fb-6c25d38dd4fbPost:842e89d5-e09d-4cd6-941e-5f1f4cff35e6">Re: AYG</a>:
    [QUOTE]Playing devils advocate is the p*ssy version of disagreeing.
    Posted by Stackeye210[/QUOTE]

Fair enough, next time I'll start off with "I call bullshit" instead. 
  • Options
    anna- what's unsafe in Ciara's new picture?? (I think she's ridiculous for coming back, but I missed the unsafe thing.)<div>
    </div><div>Oh, this is Chels's quote from teh GM thread yesterday:</div><div>
    </div><div>[QUOTE]<span style="background-color:#ffffff;font-family:Arial;font-size:12px;">Found out last night that grandpa isn't doing so well.  He already wasn't doing awesome for the past couple months, but he's 95, so that's no huge shocker.  He ended up in the ER yesterday hooked up to an IV.  He's home now, but it's not looking good.  He's here in the same town I live in thankfully so I can jet to him rather quickly when it's getting to be that time.  Mom and other aunts/uncles are coming into town today/tomorrow.  I was supposed to take my last vacation day tomorrow, but I'm almost wondering now if I should save it, should I need to take off for a funeral in the next week.  Blegh.  He's in so much pain and so weak.  I feel so badly for him :( [/QUOTE]</span></div><div><span style="background-color:#ffffff;font-family:Arial;font-size:12px;">
    </span></div><div><span style="background-color:#ffffff;font-family:Arial;font-size:12px;">So, not only did she use her LAST vacation day today instead, she's the only family living in the same town as her grandpa too. </span></div>
  • Options
    What is so unsafe about Ciara's picture? She is touching an unlit candle? OMG, call DYS!
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_ayg-32?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:c6f1135c-8516-4a51-a6fb-6c25d38dd4fbPost:0c9d5b0d-61f6-40e7-8b09-000f3bf3b1b7">Re: AYG</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: AYG : SERIOUSLY.  Chelsea, look, both FI and I have lost grandparents in the last few months. <strong>If you're more concerned about taking a fucking day off to file your nails and wear your Old Navy flip flops then about your dying grandfather you can eat a bag of diicks. 
    </strong>Posted by EaglesBride2012[/QUOTE]

omg dying.

Seriously chels, I didn't read the thread but if you know your Gpa is going to die, you should be spending as much time as you can with him. I was going to tell a story but I am just going to cry instead, so seriously, go fcuking see him.
  • Options
    ok guys c'mon. Ciara's an idiot, but you're really going to say it's unsafe for him to have a smash cake? 
  • Options
    The quote under her sig says something about babies putting out candles with their hands. It's probably NBD, like the snow thing was probably NBD, but you would think she would learn from her experiences and not put that shiiit out there for everyone. 
    Photobucket
  • Options
    ErinG93ErinG93 member
    First Comment
    edited May 2012
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_ayg-32?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:c6f1135c-8516-4a51-a6fb-6c25d38dd4fbPost:db30e069-eeae-4205-80cd-68a0511971b6">Re: AYG</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: AYG : omg dying. Seriously chels, I didn't read the thread but if you know your Gpa is going to die, you should be spending as much time as you can with him.<strong> I was going to tell a story but I am just going to cry instead, so seriously, go fcuking see him.</strong>
    Posted by ahhhitsshannyn[/QUOTE]<div>
    </div><div>
    </div><div>I typed a story too and then decided to just not. Because I can't even explain to Chels how much it would have meant to me to get to know my grandma. To see my grandpa one last time. To just talk to them.</div><div>
    </div><div>
    </div><div>Seriously.

</div>
  • Options
    She said the other night he put the candle out with his fingers.
  • Options
    marateamaratea member
    First Comment First Anniversary
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_ayg-32?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:c6f1135c-8516-4a51-a6fb-6c25d38dd4fbPost:0c9d5b0d-61f6-40e7-8b09-000f3bf3b1b7">Re: AYG</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: AYG : If you're more concerned about taking a fucking day off to file your nails and wear your Old Navy flip flops then about your dying grandfather you can eat a bag of diicks. 
    Posted by EaglesBride2012[/QUOTE]
    This made me lolz for real.
  • Options
    Woah holy making assumptions Steph.
    I spent several hours with him last night.  He is having a shittton of tests done today and is being moved to a nursing home today.  At the request of my grandma, I am waiting to go visit again until tonight when he's settled in.
  • Options
    Fcuking Ciaragate again, you guys?  There was absolutely nothing wrong with the picture of E sitting in the snow.  Fuckinglife, he posed for a damn picture, for like five damn seconds.  She didn't leave his ass out there to f.cking freeze to death.  And pretty much every kid I've seen turn one has had that exact picture taken of them.  FFS you are UP YOUR ASS if you are going to get on Ciara for this stuff.  UNBEFUCKINGLIEVABLE.
    panther
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_ayg-32?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:c6f1135c-8516-4a51-a6fb-6c25d38dd4fbPost:cf1eae3f-b85b-447c-bb0b-913d6b0827bf">Re: AYG</a>:
    [QUOTE]anna- what's unsafe in Ciara's new picture?? (I think she's ridiculous for coming back, but I missed the unsafe thing.) Oh, this is Chels's quote from teh GM thread yesterday: So, not only did she use her LAST vacation day today instead, she's the only family living in the same town as her grandpa too. 
    Posted by Steph+J[/QUOTE]

Isn't it a law that work has to give you time off if a family member passes?  Or does that vary state by state.  If so, wouldn't it make sense to go ahead and use vacation now so she can see him while he is still here and then just use the 3 days of bereavement time later?
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_ayg-32?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:c6f1135c-8516-4a51-a6fb-6c25d38dd4fbPost:3684e910-8a3e-4b48-b310-b698d965ceb6">Re: AYG</a>:
    [QUOTE]She said the other night he put the candle out with his fingers.
    Posted by ahhhitsshannyn[/QUOTE]

<div>oh. I retract my defense. I mean, I'm sure it's not a big deal, but she's an idiot for not thinking that's going to cause a reaction.</div>
  • Options
    Key word potentially guys. It is just stupid for her to put up another potentially questionable picture when that is what got her in trouble in the first place. I am not making judgement calls on her parenting skills, just her internet message board skills. 
    Photobucket
  • Options
    LP11509LP11509 member
    Combo Breaker First Comment First Anniversary
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_ayg-32?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:c6f1135c-8516-4a51-a6fb-6c25d38dd4fbPost:3684e910-8a3e-4b48-b310-b698d965ceb6">Re: AYG</a>:
    [QUOTE]She said the other night he put the candle out with his fingers.
    Posted by ahhhitsshannyn[/QUOTE]

<div>Wait, what?? Letting a baby play with cake on their birthday or pose for a picture with an unlit candle is fine.  Letting a baby put out a candle with their fingers? Oh fuuuck no. </div>
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_ayg-32?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:c6f1135c-8516-4a51-a6fb-6c25d38dd4fbPost:8c78ddb6-0161-48ab-a923-1fb95777ed5e">Re: AYG</a>:
    [QUOTE]Woah holy making assumptions Steph. I spent several hours with him last night.  He is having a shittton of tests done today and is being moved to a nursing home today.  At the request of my grandma, I am waiting to go visit again until tonight when he's settled in.
    Posted by chelseamb11[/QUOTE]

<div>Dude. I'm using your defense on you. You put this crap out here on teh internets, so you're going to get judged for it. You still used your last vacation day today to sit home instead of saving it for next week in case he does pass away.</div>
  • Options
    My parents gave me an enormous knife to cut my birthday cake when I was five.  Thank God there are no pictures of it, lest they be hauled off to jail for allowing a situation that could have ended with me cutting my damn hand off.
    panther
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_ayg-32?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:c6f1135c-8516-4a51-a6fb-6c25d38dd4fbPost:f567baac-0e76-4889-a3f1-9da321dee479">Re: AYG</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: AYG : Isn't it a law that work has to give you time off if a family member passes?  Or does that vary state by state.  If so, wouldn't it make sense to go ahead and use vacation now so she can see him while he is still here and then just use the 3 days of bereavement time later?
    Posted by calixtine[/QUOTE]

<div>...she didn't go visit him today on her vacation day.</div>
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_ayg-32?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:c6f1135c-8516-4a51-a6fb-6c25d38dd4fbPost:06899f2d-544b-46fb-b812-913d32c5e93c">Re: AYG</a>:
    [QUOTE]Yes, Ciaragate again.  She's a martyr, she's an AW, and she's a drama queen.  This is like her third return after a GBCK since I've been here.  I'm flaming her for that. 

Yeah, okay.  When Ciara comes back she's an AW martyr but when Kiki comes back for the 17th damn time everyone licks her ass seven ways to Sunday.  GOT IT.
    panther
  • Options
    I am loving Eagles in this post.

Re: flames, I just ditto Nebb, Steph, Dot, Eagles, and probably Rupert because I almost always agree with her.

"Smash's balls are the biggest balls of them all." -AATB

• Options
    Teachers get vacation days? Isn't that called "summer"?
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options
    Stackeye210Stackeye210 member
    First Comment
    edited May 2012
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_ayg-32?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:c6f1135c-8516-4a51-a6fb-6c25d38dd4fbPost:21a0eede-1f0c-4662-bfdf-a7c76050bd4f">Re: AYG</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: AYG : Yeah, okay.  When Ciara comes back she's an AW martyr but when Kiki comes back for the 17th damn time everyone licks her ass seven ways to Sunday.  GOT IT.
    Posted by AllAboutTheBenjamin[/QUOTE]

I don't.  I haven't acknowledged either one.  You want to play hard and run away screaming and defriend everyone on FB (yea, I said it) and then come back like oh wait, just kidding.  No.  I don't have time or energy for you and I will not become invested again.  I'm straight. 
  • Options
    LP11509LP11509 member
    Combo Breaker First Comment First Anniversary
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_ayg-32?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:c6f1135c-8516-4a51-a6fb-6c25d38dd4fbPost:193d846f-5ad0-47a8-b7b4-275d16cd781b">Re: AYG</a>:
    [QUOTE]Teachers get vacation days? Isn't that called "summer"?
    Posted by allisong23[/QUOTE]

<div>I was wondering this too.  I'm surprised that a school would have PTO, and especially be allowed to use it the week before school is over for the summer.  Then again, this is Chels's school we're talking about, so...</div>
  • Options
    AFAIK, there is no legal entitlement to bereavement days.  FMLA is maybe a possibility but it's unpaid leave and depends on the employer.

• Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_ayg-32?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:c6f1135c-8516-4a51-a6fb-6c25d38dd4fbPost:d8999988-f91f-4415-84b6-d910507ce403">Re: AYG</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: AYG : I don't.  I haven't acknowledged either one.  You want to play hard and run away screaming and defriend everyone on FB (yea, I said it) and then come back like oh wait, just kidding.  No.  I don't have time or energy for you and I will not becoming invested again.  I'm straight. 
    Posted by Stackeye210[/QUOTE]

I had no idea any of this happened.

But I still don't think the pictures are a big deal.
    panther
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_ayg-32?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:c6f1135c-8516-4a51-a6fb-6c25d38dd4fbPost:753b6e1e-1b4e-401f-af4a-3a486ed50c34">Re: AYG</a>:
    [QUOTE]Chelsea, it's "whoa."  You're a teacher.  Learn to spell.  So did you or did you not take the day off?  Instead of saving it for when he passes, and you could use that day to, I don't know, go to the funeral or help your grandmother?

I took the day off today. 
    After spending the day in the hospital yesterday he's doing a lot better.  The doc that admitted him was shocked they hadn't the night before after being in the ER.  He even looked a lot better when I was there last night.

I also talked to administration yesterday and they said I could still take today because if he were to pass, it would count under something under the family passing stipulation in the contract so I'd get the time off anyway if a funeral were to happen in the next week.  Even if not, he's doing a lot better, so I would have taken today anyway to get the wedding stuff done that I need to and relax a bit.

I'm not letting my time slip to see him.  I was asked to wait until tonight to go see him again, and I'm respecting those wishes.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_ayg-32?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:c6f1135c-8516-4a51-a6fb-6c25d38dd4fbPost:f567baac-0e76-4889-a3f1-9da321dee479">Re: AYG</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: AYG : Isn't it a law that work has to give you time off if a family member passes?  Or does that vary state by state.  If so, wouldn't it make sense to go ahead and use vacation now so she can see him while he is still here and then just use the 3 days of bereavement time later?
    Posted by calixtine[/QUOTE]

My company only gives you time off if it's your parent, sibling, kid, or spouse. Grandparents, aunts, uncles, they aren't included.

I agree with AATB about C's pics. I highly doubt she was letting him burn his fingers off in the candle. Kids grab at stuff, it's what they do.
  • Options
    I just think the GBCK's and returns are juvenile.  I don't give a flaming fuuck if you come back, but you aren't coming back to be entertained by me.  That's all I know. 
  • Options
    I don't think Ciara will be around long enough for it to matter.  She'll inevitably GBCK again.

• Options
    Um, babies do unpredictable things. I don't have time to look for a thread about it, and its not obvious to me. However, my son TRIES to do all kinds of crazy shite: poke out my eyes, eat the leg of the coffee table, grab his dirty crotch and then rub his eyes.. should i not hold him, or let him play on the floor, or change his diaper unless he's in a straight jacket? FFS, she was not going to willingly let her child hurt himself. Lots of stuff is potentially dangerous. Its called life. She didn't hand him a lit match or let him play on the cooktop. Chill!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards