Texas-Dallas and Ft. Worth
Options

OL Tuesday

Dear Knotties thinking about adopting a dog -

Paws in the City has 4 adorable young dogs up for adoption but on a serious time crunch.  They will be put to sleep on the 29th if not adopted.  This breaks my heart especially seeing as a couple aren't even a year old and one looks just like my furbaby. 

http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.10150323003454460.393818.45659049459

- The girl who hates seeing sweet angels like this go unnoticed.

Dear self -

You have 9 months.  You don't have to do every DIY project RIGHT NOW.  How about we get some sleep for once?

- Overworked bride

Dear FI -

I know Massage Envy royally screwed up tonight, so thank you for atleast rubbing my shoulders for awhile to help me relax.  Hopefully they don't screw up again Wednesday.

- Your thankful fiancee

Re: OL Tuesday

• Options
    winechic25winechic25 member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Dear Self ~ please get all of your s**t in order and realize you're a little over two months from the wedding. Yes, you have a lot done, but now, YOU MUST FOCUS, on the details!! GET WITH IT!! xoxo
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Dear Kendall,

That's really sad to hear about those dogs!! It makes me love mine that much more!

-Dog lover

Dear today,

Please go by fast!

-me

Dear Self,

Do Jillian Michaels tonight!!!

-needs to get more motivated

Dear Knotties,

I have to have a final count by the end of the week so I can give it to my coordinator. If you are attending, please let me know! (I know Kendall and Kathleen are).

Thank you! :)

-Soon to be an OMH
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Dear FI,

Thank you for listening to me go BSC yesterday about my Summer II classes, and then proceeding to calm me down. You are the best :)

Love,
    Overstressed 

Courtney and Kendall-

So excited about the Dallas Bridal Show this weekend!!!

-girl going to her first bridal show
    **Planning Bio** UPDATED! 4/9/12 Wedding Countdown Ticker Photobucket Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Dear Cake Lady,
    I am really sorry to hear that you are having personal issues and moving out of state but now I am less than two months out and have no one to make my wedding cake :(

-Sad Bride.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Dear Nancy,
    OHHH NOOOO.  Did she at least give you any recommendations?

Dear cheerleading,
    I'm so glad I remember how to do some lifts.  Otherwise that kid's key would still be in that tree.

Dear SMU PD,
    I know so many of you by name I feel like we should all go out for a drink sometime...  Ah, summer camp.  =)

Dear Wendi,
    Do you have pics of your house?  Let's see!
    Anniversary

• Options
    bsn1752bsn1752 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Meaghan -

I can't believe you're so close! If you have any extra spots, let me know!

- Brianna

Dear DH -

Moving.  I hate it.  Thanks for doing all of the heaving lifting.  You're a doll.

- Your wife-piece
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_texas-dallas-ft-worth_ol-tuesday-94?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:102Discussion:2147246d-55ce-489d-b368-4fcc4b85e4aePost:f05b8b3e-2936-4ae6-afe7-2bbb2dadc0f0">Re: OL Tuesday</a>:
    [QUOTE]Dear Nancy, OHHH NOOOO.  Did she at least give you any recommendations? Posted by professorscience[/QUOTE]

No she didn't. I was getting a steal and she said she doesn't know anyone she could refer me to for the same price and quality.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    AuburnAggieAuburnAggie member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Dear Nancy,

I'm so sorry!!! EDIT: I think you posted while I was writing. That's so upsetting she didn't even refer you. I wish I could help, but I haven't even scheduled tastings, yet :(

~Erin

Dear Kendall,

You have no idea how much that breaks my heart. FI and I decided only 3 weeks ago to go ahead and adopt a dog, to make sure he was settled before I started classes again in the fall. Now I wish we had checked there, too!

~Animal Lover

Dear Self,

You should probably get on the whole moving thing today, as it needs to be done by Friday. Plus, moving boxes before the temperature outside hits triple-digits again would be a plus.

~Procrastinator Extrordinaire
    "Love is an irresistible desire to be irresistibly desired." ~Robert Frost Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Dear Amanda,

Here is the MLS listing: http://www.trulia.com/property/3054130184-13898-Dutch-Hollow-Dr-Frisco-TX-75034
    It's in a fantastic neighborhood, and is right around the corner from the community pool :D The owners moved to Cali and were renting it out, and the renters didn't treat it as good as it should have been but they agreed to fix the paint and some other things for us with the security deposit they held from their renters. They did offer to replace the carpet, but we are putting in wood floors anyways so we told them to just focus on the other things that need attention. Oh, and the kitchen has enough room for all the dinner parties I've already planned in my head ;)
    ~DFWs Resident Snark~
    I'm not so good with the advice... Can I interest you in a sarcastic comment?
  • Options
    bsn1752bsn1752 member
    edited December 2011
    Dear Wendi -

Happy birthday!!
  • Options
    Jen6862Jen6862 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Dear self,

You must, must finish invitations this week. But, good job on getting to the gym before work today--first time in months.

Also, stop buying things on Etsy... yesterday your credit card was overworked.

OMG we are getting close... arg! So much to do.

-Jen

Dear Nancy,

What price were you getting on your cakes? And where is your location? Maybe we can find  you somebody.

-Jen
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Dear Brianna,

Thank you thank you thank you.... AHF!
    ~DFWs Resident Snark~
  • Options
    MLandCJMLandCJ member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Dear Meghan,

I'm Kendall's date! I'm in :)

- Courtney

Wendi,

Happy Birthday!

-Courtney
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    crash2729crash2729 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Wendi,
    Happy Birthday!
    And I love your house, It's so pretty!
    -Kathleen

Kendall-
    You made me sad when I saw those pics on FB. I think all of those are too close to the weight limit at our apts. (I think its 35)
    -Sad Knottie
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Kendall,
    I really want to adopt a dog too! DH is taking a little more convincing.
    - Women who really wants a pet

Nancy,
    I don't know what you are looking for but you can talk to my cake person. She was awesome and since she's just a friend and does it on the side she should be free.
    Tell me if you need her info.
    - Deepthi

Wendi,
    Happy birthday! How is FI doing?
    - D

Meghan,
    I said I would go and I want to. My sister is leaving for Norway in the next couple weeks so I'm hoping it's not that weekend. I understand if you don't want to add me, but if I'm here I would love to be there.
    - schedule on hold
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Kathleen,

Thank you! We literally foun a deal too good to pass up.

Deepthi,

He is still adjusting, but is spending today spoiling me since I took the day off work. I am having an omelet made for me as I knot...
    ~DFWs Resident Snark~
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_texas-dallas-ft-worth_ol-tuesday-94?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:102Discussion:2147246d-55ce-489d-b368-4fcc4b85e4aePost:de8e8ef7-ddf8-40b7-ab2a-be77972240d4">Re: OL Tuesday</a>:
    [QUOTE]**** Dear Nancy, What price were you getting on your cakes? And where is your location? Maybe we can find  you somebody. -Jen
    Posted by Jen6862[/QUOTE]

Jen,

I was getting $2/slice for a 5 tiered fondant cake with two flavors: red velvet with cream cheese filling and vanilla bean with amaretto and raspberry filling. So for $300 she was making the cake, deliverying and setting it up plus she was going to cut it for us as well! Our venue is 809 at Vickery in Fort Worth. I would love help :)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Deepthi,

I would love her info if you could give to me :)

Dear ladies,

Thanks for being so supportive, that's why I love our board!

-Slightly less frustrated bride
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011

Wendi
    Jealous, but I'm glad you guys are getting time together! I'm so happy he's finally back with you!

Nancy,
    I sent you a PM.

• Options
    ecox12ecox12 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Dear FMIL,

You're driving me crazy! But I still love you :)

Dear Bridal Show,

I'm so excited about coming on Saturday! But prepared for an annoyed FI with me!

-Excited Bride

Dear Self,

Just because you can't get to the gym, you still have workout dvds and Zumba at home on Kinect. Get off your butt and do them!

-Lazy Bride
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Dear Ladies,

It's 10:30am and I am intoxicated thanks to my White Trash Bloody Mary... Spicy v8 and vodka.
    ~DFWs Resident Snark~
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_texas-dallas-ft-worth_ol-tuesday-94?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:102Discussion:2147246d-55ce-489d-b368-4fcc4b85e4aePost:8ca4b57f-fd5c-449a-a06a-8d1301318b93">Re: OL Tuesday</a>:
    [QUOTE]Dear Ladies, It's 10:30am and I am intoxicated thanks to my White Trash Bloody Mary... Spicy v8 and vodka.
    Posted by FebDallasBride[/QUOTE]

Drunk posting! Bring it on!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Dear Snapfish,
    You are so inexpensive and so addictive. I spent all last night uploading wedding pictures and trying to choose which ones to order prints of. So far I think I have 550 prints in my cart, and my total (before shipping anyway) is something like $50. How is it possible that it could be that cheap???
    --Girl who is going to wind up with WAY too many wedding photos at this rate
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Dear Wendi,
    IT'S GORGEOUS!  But with 5 bedrooms, you're gonna have to, you know, fill 'em up!  ;)

Dear Nancy,
    I am using Panini Cakes, and they are reasonably priced.  The owner is super sweet and is always looking for ways to save brides money.  =)
    Anniversary

• Options
    fryer2012fryer2012 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Dear Tiny Bladder,
    Please stop filling up so quickly, its annoying.
    -Me

Dear Fort Worth Heat,
    Please continue to provide clouds throughout the day.  I am helping a friend stain her deck & outdoor furniture tonight and I would prefer not to go home experiencing heat exhaustion. 
    -Danielle

Dear Fellow DFW Knotties,
    You are all awesome and so helpful!  I have found so many awesome vendors through your recommendations and its keeping me in my budget range which DF is very happy about!
    -Your newbie knottie

Photobucket Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_texas-dallas-ft-worth_ol-tuesday-94?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:102Discussion:2147246d-55ce-489d-b368-4fcc4b85e4aePost:08e4b8e1-6742-448d-855d-54a31a388265">Re: OL Tuesday</a>:
    [QUOTE] Dear Nancy, I am using Panini Cakes, and they are reasonably priced.  The owner is super sweet and is always looking for ways to save brides money.  =)
    Posted by professorscience[/QUOTE]

I'm on it! Thanks :)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Dear Brianna-Courtney-Deepthi, Y'all in :-) -me Wendi, I can't wait to see pics of your house! I will have to look when I'm home from work! What a great birthday present too!!! :-) Nancy, I am so sorry to hear about your cake situation! I hope you can find one this close!!! -me
  • Options
    bsn1752bsn1752 member
    edited December 2011
    Meghan - Can you FB me the details? YAY!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_texas-dallas-ft-worth_ol-tuesday-94?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:102Discussion:2147246d-55ce-489d-b368-4fcc4b85e4aePost:bff3eba2-fb24-41e3-9e17-a248948a7f3b">Re: OL Tuesday</a>:
    [QUOTE]Meghan - Can you FB me the details? YAY!
    Posted by bsn1752[/QUOTE]

Me too!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_texas-dallas-ft-worth_ol-tuesday-94?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:102Discussion:2147246d-55ce-489d-b368-4fcc4b85e4aePost:8cd54a76-77df-4b14-b0ed-412805ac0885">Re: OL Tuesday</a>:
    [QUOTE]Dear Amanda, Here is the MLS listing: <a href="http://www.trulia.com/property/3054130184-13898-Dutch-Hollow-Dr-Frisco-TX-75034" rel='nofollow'>http://www.trulia.com/property/3054130184-13898-Dutch-Hollow-Dr-Frisco-TX-75034</a> It's in a fantastic neighborhood, and is right around the corner from the community pool :D The owners moved to Cali and were renting it out, and the renters didn't treat it as good as it should have been but they agreed to fix the paint and some other things for us with the security deposit they held from their renters. They did offer to replace the carpet, but we are putting in wood floors anyways so we told them to just focus on the other things that need attention. Oh, and the kitchen has enough room for all the dinner parties I've already planned in my head ;)
    Posted by FebDallasBride[/QUOTE]

I knew I missed something and went back to look. I just looked at the property and realized you outbid my friend on that house! I think it's kind of funny and our worlds are too small.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards