Second Weddings
Options

Intros, please...

15678911»

Re: Intros, please...

• Options
    Wedding Date:  Saturday, February 6, 2016

# Times Previously Married: 1 (me); 0 (FI)

# Kids: 1 (me); 0 (FI)

How long did you and FI date before engagement? Not "ring" engaged yet. (He has a plan and things need to happen for it to come to fruition.) But we set the date about 4 or 5 months ago and have been planning since.

How long between first date and wedding date?
     Almost 3 years

How's the wedding planning going? Any blips or bumps in the road?
     Not bad. We know what we want. We just need to make it all happen.

Next major project to tackle?
     Aside from the actual "get down on one knee" thing, we need to book the church and decide on the reception hall, which depends on if and how much money parents are willing to contribute. As strange as that sounds for a second wedding, my dad wasn't in my life for my first wedding and the rest of my family knows that this match is so much better (read: perfect) for me that my ex (everyone kinda knew he wasn't the one for me), they are more than willing to help out what they can.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

• Options
    Wedding Date:  Tent. Sunday May 22, 2016

# Times Previously Married: 1 time for me

# Kids: I have 5, he has 2 but shares custody of only 1.

How long did you and FI date before engagement?
      2 1/2 years

How long between first date and wedding date?
    About 4 years

How's the wedding planning going? Any blips or bumps in the road?
      We have a very small budget and some places that I thought would be more affordable for us for reception location have apparently gone up in price a lot the past couple of years from when a close friend of mine got married (doubling in price in 3 years since her wedding).  That is presenting a challenge because I cannot increase my budget nor really cut something like food out because all of my family is coming from out of state.  I also assumed we would get married in my church, he apparently wanted to get married in his grandma's church that neither of us attends (and would charge us a lot of $ to do so) which I didn't agree with, so now we're looking for a neutral ceremony location which will end up costing us extra money which is frustrating me because I LIKE my church and I don't understand why he objects to it when I go weekly with my kids and he has gone with me too... and it wouldn't cost us anything to get married there.  :/

Next major project to tackle?
      All of it.  We just got engaged earlier this month and I'm trying to figure out where we're going with this so I can get to the details... location and dress are my two biggest hurdles since I have such a small budget and high demands for it.
  • Options
    edited February 2015
    At what point do we call this a zombie @jells2dot0? Many make a new one if people want to keep it going?
    :kiss: ~xoxo~ :kiss:

• Options
    I tried to sink it, @photokitty, but people keep bumping it. Most of the people who posted aren't even here anymore! LOL

• Options
    I tried to sink it, @photokitty, but people keep bumping it. Most of the people who posted aren't even here anymore! LOL
    I think you could close it and then either start a new one, or let posters start a new one if they wish. It's definitely old enough to close at your discretion. 
    :kiss: ~xoxo~ :kiss:

• Options
    All- I am going to close this thread. Please feel free to start another similar post if you'd like, perhaps with updated questions :)

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards