Wedding Etiquette Forum
Options

Anyone around?

Re: Anyone around?

• Options
    I literally sat on my couch all day on the laptop with the exception of about an hour and a half before that.  I took the dog for 2 short walks because it's cold out, and I put laundry away finally that has been clean in my laundry room for almost 2 weeks.  KJB and I chatted on FB for like 4 hours today because it was so slow on here.
    imageBabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    The recipe was my grandmother's.  It is the must-have dish at pretty much every family gathering we have.
  • Options
    DNB, my excuse is that all my DVD's are in the US format and won't play on our DVD player down here. 

And my US one is still packed. :-)
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    strlzfan11strlzfan11 member
    First Anniversary First Comment Combo Breaker
    edited December 2010
    We usually serve it warm, but I have eaten it cold before.  It can be made ahead of time and just thrown back in the oven or microwave for a quick nuking right before you're ready to eat.
  • Options
    I just bought the DVD the other day because Loopy and KJB kept talking about it.  I actually really like it for the fact that it's a kick ass workout and only 20 minutes.  I like doing it when I first wake up before I get on the couch, but today I was too tired in the morning.  I've had it for 4 days and have actually done it 4 days in a row.
    imageBabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Good for you DNB - glad you did the work out.  I am swearing to myself that I WILL do the No More Trouble Zones tomorrow when I get up, no matter what.
  • Options
    We do a pineapple souffle in my family for holidays too.  It's not really a souffle, and I have no idea how it got that name, but this recipe is really similar.

http://allrecipes.com//Recipe/pineapple-bread-souffle/Detail.aspx

We usually serve it hot or at least room temp - not refrigerator cold.  But it reheats really well. 
    DIY & Planning | Married 

Married: 2010
    Mom to J: 2011
    Mom to H: 2014

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Dresses may be easier to take in than let out, but guest lists are not. -- kate51485
  • Options
    Which part made you swear at Jillian?  Still doing level 1?  Are you still sore?
  • Options
    Squirrly I would love for you to move past this onion stage quickly please.  Not such a fan!
    imageBabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    The 20 min thing is one of the most appealing things about the DVD, maybe I will invest in the dvd after the holidays (after all those cookies that I have no willpower to turn down). After our apt gym got taken over, I try to reason with myself that being a dance teacher once a week gives me some kind of a work out, but it's more of a mental one because half the time I'm raising my voice to talk over tap shoes or excited kids.
  • Options
    No I went up to level 2 today because KJB said she liked it better so I thought I would try it out.  She didn't mention that it was all planks pretty much, and I hate planks, so I was mother effing Jillian everytime I had to do one.
    imageBabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Tuesday, dnb.  Tuesday.  (I think sweet potato is next.)  Then, on Wednesday, I get to change the background to either blue or pink!  :D 

Bright side?  At least this onion can't make your eyes water! 
    DIY & Planning | Married 

Dresses may be easier to take in than let out, but guest lists are not. -- kate51485
  • Options
    Ugh planks are the worst. I remember in high school, one of my dance teachers would make us hold a plank while in a circle formation and each of us had to count to 30, going around a circle. There were probably around 15 people in the class. It was excruciating. Then again, my stomach was a lot nicer then too.
  • Options
    Our townhouse complex has a mini gym in the office building, with an elliptical, a bike, a stepper, and one weight machine.  I would only want to go when the office is open though because I don't want to walk into a dark building alone.  So I settled for the DVD.  I have never been one to stick to a home workout, but I'm hoping that the 20 minutes can make me stick to it.
    imageBabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    How exciting Squirrly!  Do you have any feelings one way or another what you are having?
    imageBabyFruit Ticker
  • Options

Squirrly, do you have names picked out or are you waiting to discuss until you know what you're having?

• Options
    The previous two posts said exactly what I was thinking, Squirrly. Inquiring minds want to know!
  • Options
    Yeah, level 2 is tons of planks.   Love them for core toning.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_anyone-around-4?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:28dd0e5c-f663-4570-bbdd-7927a822ed5cPost:be698f41-fbda-42c2-861b-4b4d13bed234">Re: Anyone around?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Which part made you swear at Jillian?  Still doing level 1?  Are you still sore?
    Posted by Loopyseven[/QUOTE]

Oh Bother!  I was cursing at her just to get through the warm up!
  • Options
    Oh and yes I am still sore, but it's not as bad today.  I used to take this boot camp class at my old gym that ended up being about $20 a class, and honestly this DVD is just as good, and takes half the time.  It was full of squats and lunges and abs too, so when I'm in shape it's not too big of a deal, but I am disgustingly full of blubber and not muscle right now.
    imageBabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Heard.  I'm feeling more toned already (been working out at least 3 times per week for 3 weeks now) but the scale isn't going anywhere.  I'm sure AF and my wacko sleep/work schedule is not helping in that regard either though.
  • Options
    There are a bunch of wives tales that will supposedly predict the gender, and some crazy dude named Shettles' created a "method" by which you can supposedly influence the likelihood of a specific gender.  If those are accurate, we're having a girl.  But I don't have a gut feeling either way at all.  My H is hoping for a boy, because he says he doesn't know what to do with babies at all, but at least he has a clue about boys.  That way he'd only have to learn half the stuff at once.  I'm cool with whatever we have. 

I *think* we've picked out a girls' name.  We need to work on boys' names, though.  We had one and then both changed our minds.  We're not sharing what the name will be until the baby is born though.  I've had lots of friends with babies tell what the name is, and have so many people be really rude and try to convince them to change it.  "You can't name the baby MICHAEL!  I knew a Michael once in Grad school for 7 minutes who wasn't nice at all!"  Or other silliness.  If we don't tell what we've picked out, we don't get that.  And once the baby is born, it's really unlikely that people will complain THEN, ya know? 
    DIY & Planning | Married 

• Options
    I'm glad I had a good week this week because the 2 weeks I'm home will be horrible.  Every type of plans that I have made already include eating and drinking.
    imageBabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    That makes sense Squirrly, about not telling people before he/she is born. I think it is really stupid when people associate names to faces if it isn't even their child. Those old wives tales are kinda funny, I think. I think my favorite is the one where if you hang a needle on a thread over your bellybutton, if it twirls in a circle it is a girl, and if it goes side to side, it's a boy.
  • Options
    We just found out that the name that we have picked out for DS Edmund Michael is also the name of the son of a coworker. We chose this name about 2 years ago and have been set on it ever since. Our coworkers son is almost a year old and I just learned this last week. We aren't changing the name though because it has family history behind it and it means something to us already.
    Uploaded from the Photobucket Android App
  • Options
    Very good point Squirrly.  I will have the most difficult time naming our kids when we have them because as a teacher one bad kid can completely ruin a name for you.  I always used to say that if I named my kid a traditional name I would give them a non traditional spelling, but again after teaching I changed my mind.  I honestly couldn't tell you the right way to spell Brittney.  I've seen it as Brittney, Britney, Brittany, Brittiany, Britnay, and Brittny.  It makes me want to scream.
    imageBabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Squirrly, my sister & BIL didn't announce my nephew's name until he was born either.  In fact they couldn't agree on a name until about two weeks before he was born.
  • Options
    There are a ton of crazy old wives tales that really mean absolutely nothing.  But since everything has a 50/50 shot, they persist.

There's a Nicholas Sparks book with a character who can predict gender with 100% accuracy.  The character writes down the opposite of what she tells the mom-to-be, so that if they complain, the evidence is definitely going to be right.  :)

I just want to KNOW already.  We've done nothing on the nursery and haven't bought a single thing, because I want to wait so that it's coordinated.  I think we're going to get a neutral stroller/carseat and pack'n'play, though, because we should be able to re-use those for future babies.  Clothes and sheets and stuff, though, will be at least somewhat influenced by gender.
    DIY & Planning | Married 

• Options
    Gee Thanks Squirrly, that link you posted also took me to "Strawberry Pineapple Bread"

I  was going to make this http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/emeril-lagasse/pain-perdu-recipe/index.html for Christmas breakfast, but now may have to change my mind.
  • Options
    LOL.  It drives me crazy when people use weird spellings for stuff.  Although, friends of ours named their son Kale - and everyone of our other friends were just like "isn't that a vegetable" about it - although none of us will ever say that to their face :).
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards