December 2014 Weddings
Options

How many for 12/13/14?

Just curious. How many brides are thinking of 12/13/14?  There seems to be a lot!

Re: How many for 12/13/14?

• Options
    We're going with 12/13/14, we actually just booked the church yesterday, and a good idea too. We were told that that month is filling up quickly and she was surprised that date wasn't already gone!!!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    My fiance and I decided on 12/13/14 because he is currently a marine and wasnt going to get out until next year so we decided on the year 2014 so we would have time to both plan it and i was born on 08/08/88 so i have a connection with numbers so when he told me that he was getting out early (this november) we decided to stick with the date we havent decided on a venue since im not a church going person i wouldnt feel right with being in a church so its going to be indoors at like a bed and breakfast maybe we already have a preacher she is a family friend who has seen me grow up and she knows of how hard my life has been growing up and understands how much i will miss not having my dad (deceased) there and can see that im truly happy and i couldnt think of anyone better than her to marry us
  • Options
    With all the 12/13/14 we're going 12/14/13, we started dating on my moms birthday th 28th so we're going half on the 14th!
  • Options
    II am. My fiance and I had to change from 4-13-13. I found out that I was pregnant recently and our due date is 4-13-13 conincidiently. So we stayed with the theme of His birthdate my birthdate our year. His birthday is 12-4 so we went with Dec. My birthday is 1-13 so we went with 13. And 2014 will be our
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.weddingchannel.com/main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_december-2014-weddings_how-many-for-121314?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Club BoardsForum:d4042ce1-ee94-4877-933a-c4cf103caaaeDiscussion:51ff0ae1-a09d-4dc3-92ce-6effc9ea6507Post:6480ca6e-999c-4d2c-8ce9-21226748ff9e">How many for 12/13/14?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Just curious. How many brides are thinking of 12/13/14?  There seems to be a lot!
    Posted by nrapp[/QUOTE]
    year.
  • Options
    I actually thought about this date years ago and always wanted it to be my wedding date and recently got engaged this year and our wedding date is 12/13/14!!! It is also my best friend's (MOH) birthday so it will definitely be a big party!!! My location is booked.

In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_december-2014-weddings_how-many-for-121314?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Club BoardsForum:d4042ce1-ee94-4877-933a-c4cf103caaaeDiscussion:51ff0ae1-a09d-4dc3-92ce-6effc9ea6507Post:6480ca6e-999c-4d2c-8ce9-21226748ff9e">How many for 12/13/14?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Just curious. How many brides are thinking of 12/13/14?  There seems to be a lot!
    Posted by nrapp[/QUOTE]
  • Options
    we just got engaged 12.14.2012. our 8 yr anniversary. he said it would be neat to get married on our 10 yr anniversary.  which would be 12.14.2014. we have thrown around the day before and making an entire weekend of anniversaries for years to come....now seeing this post i am  going to start going back with our original anniversary date. doesnt feel as special knowing so many others are wanting to get married on that date just for the numbers. kinda cheapens it. so thank you for helping me set the date.
  • Options
    me me me! lol I have a huge thing for numbers and since 11/12/13 is too soon we're going with 12/13/14! cant wait! and its great to see others with the same date as well!!!! best of luck with the planning ladies!!!!!
  • Options

Just booked my venue for 12/13/14!  I have a thing for numbers...and besides....everything will be decorated for Christmas!

• Options
    JsMama125JsMama125 member
    First Comment First Anniversary
    edited April 2013
    Add me to the 12/13/14 date. So Exciting.
  • Options

I'm booked for 12/13/14 ... I think there will be many.

• Options
    Yay for more Dec. brides. I wish this board would get going.
  • Options
    I wanted to SOOOOO badly but apparently the church won't marry us during advent (catholic) so we can't. sadface
  • Options
    Great news, new prospective church and I might get to join the cool kids club and marry on 12-13-14.  Waiting to hear if they have it available.
  • Options
    We are! We got engaged on 10/14/12, and booked our venue and church right away. Actually, some of the venues that I called for the reception said that they were already booked for Christmas parties, so I'm so happy that I was able to get the one that we did!

• Options
    That's our day. :)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I am calling the venue Monday and hoping to get that date!!!
  • Options
    We have the church for 12/13/14, now just trying to find somewhere for the reception!

I just wanted the 13th so it wouldn't be too close to Christmas, wasn't until I wrote it down at the church that I realized it was 12/13/14!!  So excited!
  • Options
    We just secured our venue for this date. Yay!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Yup, 12.13.14 is also our date!! We booked the church, reception venue and DJ back in April because we were afraid of losing out on those big items. I'm glad we did ... from what I hear, it's all filling up fast!  Enjoy your day girls! :)
  • Options
    12/13/14 it is!!  Venue booked, contract set with the DJ :)
  • Options
    We are!! Got engaged in July of 2012 and decided right away 12/13/14 was the perfect date and started booking everything right away cause we knew it would be a big date and thank god we did cause were getting married at the zoo! And lots of ppl want that date now!
  • Options
    My fiance and I are going with 12/13/14.  He actually picked the date.  He went into this whole explanation about how a date like that will not come along for years/centuries!  (He's a huge nerd - one of the things I love about him and find endearing.)  I had wanted a Fall wedding, but since he put so much thought into the date, I happily agreed to the 12/13/14.  Now I'm just trying to figure out how I want to do my decor!  I told him I don't want it to be a Christmas themed wedding, so I'm trying to stay away from reds and golds and silvers.  My biggest conundrum thus far is flowers!  Any ideas for what flowers are in season during that time?
  • Options
    I'm a 12.13.14 bride too! We hadn't originally planned on that date but wanted a winter, holiday wedding not too close to Christmas. When I realized the 13th was a Saturday, which is what we wanted, I thought the date was so great and very memorable :) Also, it will look really cool on the invitations!
  • Options
    KJWed13 said:
    My biggest conundrum thus far is flowers!  Any ideas for what flowers are in season during that time?

If you or someone you know if crafty, I suggest origami. I am also getting married on 12/13/14 and since I don't like cut flowers I will be making them. You can make the bouquet, the boutineers, flowers, favors, decor with origami. And there is plently of time to get everything made.

• Options
    Me too! We are getting married at Moon Palace in Cancun on 12.13.14 :-) 
  • Options
    I've just recently started considering it...
  • Options
    Finally found our Venue.... Im so ecxited the place is gorgeous I was losing hope bcuz every place I loved was already booked... I actually considered changing my date but im excited to still be apart of the 12/13/14 club
  • Options
    My fiancee and I always thought that would be a really cool date to get married. His original idea was to have it on 7-7-14, but since that fell on a Tuesday, many of our friends and family who we wanted to be there wouldn't be able to make it. We just were confirmed yesterday for the date at our 1st choice venue! I was a little upset that they added a $500 "premium date" charge on there. I guess they do it for any date that people would particularly like, and that was one of them. But its such a beautiful private estate with a lake that we just had to say yes and pay a little extra for our dream spot. Now, I'm stressing out about paying for everything! I'm lucky we have our parents love and support (financial too!) but its still very stressful and I have 14 months still! Its great that we can have our wedding date in the same month as when we started dating :) Best of luck to all the brides, this date really is a once in a lifetime choice! 
  • Options
    12/13/14 Here!!!  Venue and entertainment is booked, wedding bands bought.... So much to do still!!!!
  • Options
    We chose 12/13/14 without even realizing.  We just needed the 2nd weekend in December and it happened to work out.  We have the venue, caterer, and photographer already, and a DJ soon.  Being from Michigan, December weddings are not incredibly popular--we're actually getting off-season discounts!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards