Wedding Etiquette Forum
Options

Super early evening thread

Re: Super early evening thread

• Options
    I don't think I've watched The Real World since.. New Orleans maybe..
  • Options
    Aw, New Orleans was the first season I really watched, but my mom didn't let me watch MTV before that.

I've watched almost all of the seasons since NO. It's one of the only shows I still watch on MTV.
  • Options
    Jess, that was the last season I actually watched. God I'm old.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Mare is good, thanks for asking.  She's tough as nails.  I just need to keep soaking and treating the wound for a few more days. 
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
    "Halloween may have loose women scantily clad...
    But Christmas has a pregnant virgin.

Way cooler." - anna.oskar
  • Options
    That's good news Adamar. 
  • Options
    All righty.  I'm out for the night.  G'night all!
  • Options
    Random: Someone on my FB just posted a picture of a wreath made of flip-flops. I don't think I like that idea.

I mean, I guess nothing really says, "Welcome to my home" like a bunch of sandals?
  • Options
    Night Loopy and Fruit Loop!
    Adamar, Im glad to hear it. Poor baby.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Jess, that sounds really pointless and kind of tacky. Unless it's on the door so people can take them to use instead of shoes in the house.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_super-early-evening-thread?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:2926b7d3-436d-4caa-9150-9d34943a8818Post:14104b43-68e8-4369-9922-91604dc11a9d">Re: Super early evening thread</a>:
    [QUOTE]Random: Someone on my FB just posted a picture of a wreath made of flip-flops. I don't think I like that idea. I mean, I guess nothing really says, "Welcome to my home" like a bunch of sandals?
    Posted by JessAndTrav[/QUOTE]<div>
    </div><div>I think I've seen a picture of that craft somewhere. Not my style.

</div>
  • Options
    Haha!

"Hey, thanks for inviting me over so I can dismantle the decor!"

I'm just not seeing the appeal with that idea.
  • Options
    I think that Pinterest should come with a disclaimer like this:

"Some people say, 'Just because they make it in your size, it doesn't mean you should wear it.' the same is true with Pinterest. Just because you saw it on Pinterest, doesn't mean it's cute."

Or something to that effect.
  • Options
    At least they aren't dirty flip flops?

My aunt would love it though, she's obsessed with flipflops.
  • Options
    Jess, ITA.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Sara, that's true. At least they weren't dirty.

I'm all about some cute wreaths, but that one, IMO, isn't a cute idea, no matter how cute the flip flops are.
  • Options
    edited August 2012
    Yeah, I don't like the idea of a flip flop wreath either. 

I want to try and make a cute wreath this year for the holidays.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_super-early-evening-thread?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:2926b7d3-436d-4caa-9150-9d34943a8818Post:b671abad-1418-48a1-aa68-2da1b131f298">Re: Super early evening thread</a>:
    [QUOTE]Yeah, I don't like the idea of a flip flop wreath either. <strong> I want to try and make a cute wreath this year for the holidays.</strong>
    Posted by sarabear23[/QUOTE]

<div>Me too! I have one holiday wreath, but I'd like a halloween type wreath. Maybe a fall themed one.</div>
  • Options
    I think we're decorating our house as an insane assylum for Halloween this year. I should make a wreath to go with that. Restraints wreath? 
  • Options
    I'm totally google imaging "Wreath pinterest" because I'm too stupid for the Pinterest search function.

I really want to keep a wreath on a door throughout the year since we have no landscaping in our yard.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_super-early-evening-thread?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:2926b7d3-436d-4caa-9150-9d34943a8818Post:5241f384-ccb0-4039-bc5c-112a0998a826">Re: Super early evening thread</a>:
    [QUOTE]I think we're decorating our house as an insane assylum for Halloween this year. I should make a wreath to go with that. Restraints wreath? 
    Posted by sarabear23[/QUOTE]

<div>That sounds so fun. There's a really small town that neighbors mine and they turn their entire downtown into a horror house. The bank turns into a horror doctor's office. It's SO fucking fun. The townspeople all dress up and scare people. It's one of my favorite things to go to every year.</div>
  • Options
    edited August 2012
    Erin, that sounds so awesome! 
  • Options
    I really like this, but I'd probably make the flowers a little less full.
  • Options
    Jess, that's so pretty! I want one.
  • Options
    As if I haven't been spending money like I have it lately, I'm really tempted to go out and get supplies for something like that.

Oooh, maybe with purple flowers...I love purple. And that would be fallish, so I could leave it up for a while. :)
  • Options
    Fall Floral items are on sale for 40% this week at Hobby Lobby, which includes wreaths (hopfeully plain ones) and regular florals are 50% off.

I'm taking this as a sign that I need to go to Hobby Lobby.
  • Options
    Purple would be really pretty! You could even attach the flowers with wire and no glue and then change out the colors for each season. Or have a main color and just change the accent?
  • Options
    I flippin love Hobby Lobby. I don't think there is one close to me out here though. I should check.
  • Options
    In the spring I could do purple with the green that's pictured above, and then in the fall do the purple with a fallish orange maybe?

I'm pretty sure Hobby Lobby is getting money from me tomorrow.
  • Options
    I love purple and orange together
  • Options
    I think the real reason why I'm really wanting to make one is because I finally started hanging things up in the house this evening, and it's starting to feel more home-y.

Now I just need someone to unpack everything and organize so that I can just decorate.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards