Wedding Etiquette Forum
Options

Super early evening thread

Re: Super early evening thread

• Options
    Oh excuse me while i go vomit over those disgusting soulless people, Lizzie.
  • Options
    I didn't mean to drag the thread down, but I needed to vent. 

This is one of the reasons why I won't go into pediatric or forensic nursing. I don't know if I could handle myself properly on the occasions that I'd have to take care of abused kids.  It makes me see red...
  • Options
    I wearing real clothes at home and I only do if we are expecting company or going out again. If I'm not doing anything then I tend to stay in my PJs all day.

Lizzie, that is fvcking disgusting.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_super-early-evening-thread?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:2926b7d3-436d-4caa-9150-9d34943a8818Post:ac6f4335-0ed7-4de7-bd22-f4dc65cde940">Re:Super early evening thread</a>:
    [QUOTE]Same here special. I'm definitely freeboobing it right now. I'm also in boxer shorts. Pretty sexy.
    Posted by musicalsunlight[/QUOTE]

<div>Possibly TMI but I come home and strip down to my bra and underwear right away. Mostly because my clothes smell like baby spit-up. I don't usually put on pjs though for awhile. I don't know why. </div>
  • Options
    Ew Lizzie, people are horrible.

I'm also in the 'take of my bra when i get home' camp. And I'm totally getting a boob job after babies. 

Has anyone here had botox? My friends choir is having a botox party, $10 a tube (or whatever they're called). I kinda want to go.
  • Options
    The first thing I do when I get home from wherever is take off the bra, and put on my almost worn bare jeans, and one of FI's old army t-shirts.   I'm going to be so upset when the jeans aren't fit to wear anymore. It took a long time to break these puppies in!   As it is, I wash them on delicate and hang them to dry because I'm afraid that anything rougher will ruin them.

As for grocery shopping, etc...I have to wear jeans and a nice shirt. Make up is minimal, but I always have lipstick and perfume on. Even if I go at 6 am on a Sunday morning.
  • Options
    Growing up, we always knew my crazy aunt liked to sit around her house in her underpants. We always made fun of her (though we had many other reasons). Now that I'm getting old, I kind of sympathize with her. I mean, I put pants on if someone is going to come over, but for the most part, H and I are in our underpants and t-shirts for most of the evening. My mother found out and is horrified.

• Options
    Special, I'm not horrified. Hanging out in my underwear tops the list of reasons to not get a roommate or at least only be roomies with an SO or bestie. 
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_super-early-evening-thread?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:2926b7d3-436d-4caa-9150-9d34943a8818Post:6a5a3665-bc81-414f-99ce-d227e46bfd5b">Re: Super early evening thread</a>:
    [QUOTE]Ew Lizzie, people are horrible. I'm also in the 'take of my bra when i get home' camp. And I'm totally getting a boob job after babies.  Has anyone here had botox? My friends choir is having a botox party, $10 a tube (or whatever they're called). I kinda want to go.
    Posted by sarabear23[/QUOTE]

<div>
    </div><div>I've never done Botox, but if I do, I'd rather do it at a doctor's office.</div><div>
    </div><div>Granted, it isn't full strength Botulinum, but it is still a toxin.  </div><div>
    </div><div>I have minor "11's" and I've thought about Botox, but I'm still not sure.  I'm currently of the thought on saving the money I'd spend on Botox and using it for a mini face lift when I hit 50. I just can't see spending $300 or $400 every 4 months on my face, when I can save that up for a few years and get a good lift, which will last longer.</div>
  • Options
    There's no way I would get cheap Botox in someone's living room. No way.
  • Options
    Special, I'm so sorry about Coop. It sucks to watch pets suffer. Definitely chicken nuggets.
    Glad noone was hurt in the earthquake.
     Lizzie, There are not words for the rage that makes me feel. Ugh.
            No idea what we're having for dinner. Been a not great week-FI's best friend's sister died, and his youngest great niece was just diagnosed with Muscular Dystrophy., so grocery shopping and house stuff has fallen by the wayside some.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_super-early-evening-thread?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:2926b7d3-436d-4caa-9150-9d34943a8818Post:d8ee968e-a368-4e29-9e02-868ae5ccc46f">Re: Super early evening thread</a>:
    [QUOTE]Special, I'm not horrified. Hanging out in my underwear tops the list of reasons to not get a roommate or at least only be roomies with an SO or bestie. 
    Posted by GloriosusEtLiber[/QUOTE]

<div>
    </div><div>When it was just me and my daughters, we all slept in nothing but t-shirts and undies.  Most Sunday's we didn't even dress till after lunch, we just hung out and read the paper (the funnies) and watched cartoons.</div><div>
    </div><div>Besides, brunch is always better in your underoos.</div>
  • Options
    My parents are prudes. The idea of seeing either of them in their underpants makes me want to hide.
  • Options
    Hey guys! Sorry it barge in without reading the rest of the thread. I'm at the mall waiting for H to come get me after his workout, and my iPad's almost dead, so I'm jumping in. I kinda feel like a douche because I do that so much lately, lol. If I had something interesting to talk about, I would. How's everyone doing?
  • Options
    That's just another reason to put off having kids. I don't think I'll be as comfortable to sit around in my underwear once they arrive.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_super-early-evening-thread?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:2926b7d3-436d-4caa-9150-9d34943a8818Post:4ebf287f-7e0c-491a-8e44-68f28990c0b2">Re: Super early evening thread</a>:
    [QUOTE]Special, I'm so sorry about Coop. It sucks to watch pets suffer. Definitely chicken nuggets. Glad noone was hurt in the earthquake.  Lizzie, There are not words for the rage that makes me feel. Ugh.         No idea what we're having for dinner. <strong>Been a not great week-FI's best friend's sister died, and his youngest great niece was just diagnosed with Muscular Dystrophy., so grocery shopping and house stuff has fallen by the wayside some.</strong>
    Posted by zizibet[/QUOTE]

<div>
    </div><div>I'm sorry about your FI's friends sister and niece...not a good week indeed.  </div>
  • Options
    Zizi, that does sound like a shitty week. I'm sorry.

Any, when do you get to Canada?
  • Options
    Ziz, I hope your week gets better.

Oddly enough my parents didn't really care about walking around the house partially clothed, at least not while us kids were living there.  But then again, they lived out on a farm and my dad was that person who would walk outside in his underwear, soooo.  Cool story, huh?

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_super-early-evening-thread?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:9Discussion:2926b7d3-436d-4caa-9150-9d34943a8818Post:a2cc7b49-8feb-4991-8a45-44b494df0c13">Re: Super early evening thread</a>:
    [QUOTE]Zizi, that does sound like a shitty week. I'm sorry. Any, when do you get to Canada?
    Posted by specialk84[/QUOTE]

Tomorrow after work. Hell yeah!

And now I feel like even more of a douche that my random post ended up in the middle of child abuse talk.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_super-early-evening-thread?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:2926b7d3-436d-4caa-9150-9d34943a8818Post:4ebf287f-7e0c-491a-8e44-68f28990c0b2">Re: Super early evening thread</a>:
    [QUOTE]Special, I'm so sorry about Coop. It sucks to watch pets suffer. Definitely chicken nuggets. Glad noone was hurt in the earthquake.  Lizzie, There are not words for the rage that makes me feel. Ugh.         No idea what we're having for dinner. Been a not great week-FI's best friend's sister died, and his youngest great niece was just diagnosed with Muscular Dystrophy., so grocery shopping and house stuff has fallen by the wayside some.
    Posted by zizibet[/QUOTE]

<div>Oh, Zizi, that is awful about the death and the MD diagnosis. </div><div>
    </div><div>Lizzie, those people should have to endure the same hideousness they put the children through. And I know that sentence ended with a preposition but am so mad, I just don't care. </div>
  • Options
    Thanks guys. Apparently physical therapy is really helping her, but still.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Any, I'll be a douche with you and just jump in.  Have a great trip back home!

And I think because my parents were so immodest is one of the reasons I'm so painfully modest.  It still drives me nuts when my mom or sister will walk around in nothing but a tshirt and chonies. 
  • Options
    My parent's walked around half dressed at home.  To us it was NBD, because that's just how they were.

FI could care less if I walked around naked (I don't.. I have these awesome comfy Pj's), but my daughters don't wander the house in their undies and he wears shorts and a t shirt.

• Options
    Any, I have a Canada-related question for you. How in the world does one pronounce the town of Guelph? When I try to say it, I sound like I'm choking.
  • Options
    My parents were always so modest, always full dresses up - my dad would yell at me if I stayed in my PJ's all day. FI on the other hand is the complete opposite. He gets home from work and drops his clothes - hes pretty much a nudist at heart but it forced to wear clothes. 

522805_10151186959893168_80368830_n_zps80e4c057
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_super-early-evening-thread?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:9Discussion:2926b7d3-436d-4caa-9150-9d34943a8818Post:f2de5799-0045-4333-b4b5-675e227a4a4b">Re: Super early evening thread</a>:
    [QUOTE]Any, I have a Canada-related question for you. How in the world does one pronounce the town of Guelph? When I try to say it, I sound like I'm choking.
    Posted by specialk84[/QUOTE]

Yo say it like "Gwelf". Or at least, I always did.
  • Options
    Special - I know you didnt ask me, but its Gwel-f (the f is pronounced strongly), I actually went to University in that town haha.

522805_10151186959893168_80368830_n_zps80e4c057
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_super-early-evening-thread?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:9Discussion:2926b7d3-436d-4caa-9150-9d34943a8818Post:b460be24-cc27-4c65-ac2b-2d1a32c399e9">Re: Super early evening thread</a>:
    [QUOTE]Special - I know you didnt ask me, but its Gwel-f (the f is pronounced strongly), I actually went to University in that town haha.
    Posted by DileniN[/QUOTE]

Nice, I had a couple of friends go there too. I've never actually been though. I don't even know where it is. Well, I do vaguely, but I couldn't for the life of me tell you.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_super-early-evening-thread?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:2926b7d3-436d-4caa-9150-9d34943a8818Post:e4418a20-46ad-47ae-8548-60c466b5be0d">Re: Super early evening thread</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Super early evening thread : No :-)  Unless other stuff is going to be roasted, I wouldn't.
    Posted by edielaura[/QUOTE]

<div>
    </div><div>I could grill the romaine, but I'm just too damn lazy.</div><div>
    </div><div>Raw veg it is!   </div>
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards