Snarky Brides
Options

Morning

Re: Morning

• Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_morning-112?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:3b7d9bb9-11c9-46a2-84df-37ed2ac096c2Post:737a7ba1-d505-4dbf-b724-795bbc999353">Re: Morning</a>:
    [QUOTE]yeah, my favorite line is "Just relax your bottom" UM, your face is about 4 inches from my crotch and I know you're about to put a cold instrument inside of it, it's hardly the time to relax. Maybe baby puppies on the ceiling would help, but I doubt it.
    Posted by jennamarie10[/QUOTE]

The gyno I had in Seattle used speculums that looked like ducks, rather than cold metal. I thought that was cleverly cute.

I like it when dentists have stuff on their ceilings too. Comic strips, pictures of waterfalls or oceans. I've even been in for a cleaning once, and the gal was playing "Enchanted" on her mobile computer screen thing. That was a welcome distraction.
    25 in 2012 Reading Progress: 11/25 (44% toward goal)
    my currently-reading shelf:
    Mehgan's book recommendations, favorite quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (currently-reading shelf)
    Photobucket
    "Are you one of those vegetarian zombies that only eats grrrrrraaaaaaiiiinnnnnsssss?" -- raynes
    **FOR SALE NOW**
  • Options
    Wow Nebb that story is so horrible. 
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_morning-112?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:3b7d9bb9-11c9-46a2-84df-37ed2ac096c2Post:18235462-e696-4497-a547-5dfdd9ef5102">Re:Morning</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re:Morning : OMG that is terrible. I know this may sound strange, but I seriously feel so lucky to be alive right now.
    Posted by mehgank[/QUOTE]

<div>
    </div><div>It makes you take a step back and think, for sure.</div>
  • Options
    Nebb- that sucks, on many levels.

Now, a woman (in firefighter training) who was in the front row told her dad that someone got up and propped open the emergency exit, then sat back down.  A few minutes later, the shooter came in through that door. So, they may be looking for an accomplice soon...
  • Options
    Omg BK.  Fucked up!!
    panther
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_morning-112?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:3b7d9bb9-11c9-46a2-84df-37ed2ac096c2Post:24d12607-6c5d-47e6-a48e-b309002d76f7">Re: Morning</a>:
    [QUOTE]Nebb- that sucks, on many levels. <strong>Now, a woman (in firefighter training) who was in the front row told her dad that someone got up and propped open the emergency exit, then sat back down</strong>.  A few minutes later, the shooter came in through that door. So, they may be looking for an accomplice soon...
    Posted by Bkseller13[/QUOTE]

I hope that person got caught up in the shooting and was one of the people killed.
    imageVacation
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_morning-112?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:3b7d9bb9-11c9-46a2-84df-37ed2ac096c2Post:e459fd25-979c-4bb3-b651-72579a1c55ba">Re: Morning</a>:
    [QUOTE]Omg BK.  <strong>Fucked up!!
    </strong>Posted by AllAboutTheBenjamin[/QUOTE]

Seconded.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_morning-112?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:3b7d9bb9-11c9-46a2-84df-37ed2ac096c2Post:24d12607-6c5d-47e6-a48e-b309002d76f7">Re: Morning</a>:
    [QUOTE]Nebb- that sucks, on many levels. Now, a woman (in firefighter training) who was in the front row told her dad that someone got up and propped open the emergency exit, then sat back down.  A few minutes later, the shooter came in through that door. So, they may be looking for an accomplice soon...
    Posted by Bkseller13[/QUOTE]
    That's really fucked up. All of this is fucked up. I want to read about it now but updates are coming so fast. I can't keep up.
    imageBabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    I can't imagine actually killing people. Yeah, sure, I'm guilty of saying stuff like "Ugh, I could kill my boss right now" but that has no seriousness to it whatsoever. I'm sure after today I'm definitely going to be more mindful in the things I say like that.

But, to actually plan something like this out, and then go through with it, ugh. My brain just doesn't work that way, so it's hard to fathom.
    Mehgan's book recommendations, favorite quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (currently-reading shelf)
    Photobucket
    "Are you one of those vegetarian zombies that only eats grrrrrraaaaaaiiiinnnnnsssss?" -- raynes
    **FOR SALE NOW**
  • Options
    You gotta be a few french fries short of a Happy Meal in order to do something like this <<< understatement of the year.

People go crazy and do crazy ass shiiiit.  None of these people are in their right mind.

I'm currently watching a gun control debate play out on Facebook.  Yeah, because that's what we should be talking about right now.  FFS
    panther
  • Options
    OMG that's terrible BK!  
  • Options
    AATB - I'm avoiding FB right now. I made the mistake of checking it earlier, and someone had retweeted Adrianne Curry's post about the shooting, saying something along the lines of "I feel bad for those geeks". smh Yell
    Photobucket
    **FOR SALE NOW**
  • Options
    Wtf is fucking wrong with people that we can't just FEEL TERRIBLE for a situation without having a damn political debate?  FFS
    panther
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_morning-112?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:3b7d9bb9-11c9-46a2-84df-37ed2ac096c2Post:737a7ba1-d505-4dbf-b724-795bbc999353">Re: Morning</a>:
    [QUOTE]yeah, my favorite line is "Just relax your bottom" UM, your face is about 4 inches from my crotch and I know you're about to put a cold instrument inside of it, it's hardly the time to relax. Maybe baby puppies on the ceiling would help, but I doubt it.
    Posted by jennamarie10[/QUOTE]

My old gyno had a picture of a French castle on the ceiling.
  • Options
    NebbNebb member
    5 Love Its First Comment Combo Breaker
    I know this is petty but no one on my fb friends list has said anything about the shooting other than americans I know. I judge that.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_morning-112?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:3b7d9bb9-11c9-46a2-84df-37ed2ac096c2Post:e460d169-bee9-40fa-bc52-7eeda129e030">Re: Morning</a>:
    [QUOTE]AATB - I'm avoiding FB right now. I made the mistake of checking it earlier, and someone had retweeted Adrianne Curry's post about the shooting, saying something along the lines of <strong>"I feel bad for those geeks".</strong> smh

WTF is that supposed to mean?
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    That's... wow.  Interesting Nebb.
    panther
  • Options
    They posted a picture of the shooter on the local news here and it's a picture of him looking all happy with a smile.  That rubs me the wrong way.
    imageVacation
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_morning-112?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:3b7d9bb9-11c9-46a2-84df-37ed2ac096c2Post:aa348c7b-8df9-45b9-a2a1-78b8ba8df1ff">Re: Morning</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Morning : WTF is that supposed to mean?
    Posted by kd.joseph[/QUOTE]

I have no clue. That broad is a piece of work. It's like she's judging them for seeing a midnight showing of a comic-book based movie or something.
    Photobucket
    **FOR SALE NOW**
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_morning-112?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:3b7d9bb9-11c9-46a2-84df-37ed2ac096c2Post:5cc29d20-212f-46ea-ae38-6939144183b4">Re: Morning</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Morning : I have no clue. That broad is a piece of work. It's like she's judging them for seeing a midnight showing of a comic-book based movie or something.

I guess that makes me (and a lot of us here) geeks. Who doesnt like Batman?

I'm too old for midnight showings, but you better believe we'll be seeing it.

Her comment is just ignorant. What's the choice of movie got to do with the shooter?
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    Like I said, I have no clue. She's got a few screws loose herself.
    Photobucket
    **FOR SALE NOW**
  • Options
    NebbNebb member
    I don't really like batman. Adam had to bribe me to get me to watch that one with heath in it. I just cannot stand comicbook character movies.
  • Options
    Another reason I'm avoiding FB right now: one of my friends commented on a photo that someone earlier posted, so it popped up in my newsfeed. It was a Photoshopped photo of The Joker shooting a gun superimposed into a movie theatre. Tasteless. Thankfully, my friend said something along the lines of "Not cool. Take this down."
    Photobucket
    **FOR SALE NOW**
  • Options
    NebbNebb member
    In Response to Re:Morning:[QUOTE]Another reason I'm avoiding FB right now: one of my friends commented on a photo that someone earlier posted, so it popped up in my newsfeed. It wasnbsp;a Photoshopped photo of The Joker shooting a gun superimposed into a movie theatre. Tasteless. Thankfully, my friend said something along the lines of quot;Not cool. Take this down.quot; Posted by mehgank[/QUOTE]
    That is pretty tasteless. A friend of mine just posted an old comic frame of batman breaking a gun in half and saying "this is the weapon of the enemy, we do not need it, we will not use it". I showed my friend and he immediately started arguing with me about it so what ever.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_morning-112?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:3b7d9bb9-11c9-46a2-84df-37ed2ac096c2Post:eeb01326-6e9e-46e9-8143-9a317b80be54">Re: Morning</a>:
    [QUOTE]They posted a picture of the shooter on the local news here and it's a picture of him looking all happy with a smile.  That rubs me the wrong way.
    Posted by brandichamberlain[/QUOTE]

Why?  Do psychopaths never smile? 

Also I'm guessing it was the first/only photo they could get their hands on.
    panther
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_morning-112?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:3b7d9bb9-11c9-46a2-84df-37ed2ac096c2Post:fcc07676-a7ce-4bd5-8ae8-bc550b5a7cfa">Re: Morning</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Morning : Why?  Do psychopaths never smile?  Also I'm guessing it was the first/only photo they could get their hands on.
    Posted by AllAboutTheBenjamin[/QUOTE]

I'm sure it was the easiest photo they could get their hands on (I think they later said it's his student ID photo) but it's this happy looking guy followed by information about how he shot up a movie theatre.  I just don't like it. I guess I don't know what else to say.
    imageVacation
  • Options
    Lol well brandi do you think they should have found a picture of him with a scowl on his face to accompany the story?  What's upsetting to me is that a guy lost his shiiit in a movie theater and killed and injured a great number of people, not that he is smiling in a photo.
    panther
  • Options
    I just saw the photo too and it just looks like a standard ID photo.
    panther
  • Options
    Brandi, I semi-get what you're saying if you mean it's sort of "creepy."  I saw a picture of him as a med student in one of the articles I was reading.  He was smiling but really though, any smile can appear creepy after you just did something as awful as what he did.  Also, most people do not take photos in which they are frowning, and look murdery.  But I kinda sorta get what you mean.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards