Snarky Brides
Options

Unpopular Opinions

Re: Unpopular Opinions

• Options
    My unpopular opinion is that I hated the movie Bridesmaids. Ps. Somehow my old username was signed in on my phone! This is Tarradesign. :P
    I'm with you on that movie.  I was so excited to watch it, and kept waiting for it to get good.  Then it ended

• Options
    My unpop op: I hate goat cheese. So much. But everyone else on this planet seems to love it and every tasty-sounding salad when I eat out has goat cheese. It does not taste good (to me)!

Fiancé's: He loves the Harlem Shake still. So much. He's begging me to let one happen at our wedding. Considering our wedding will be mostly old people, I think it would be a huge flop. Plus, nope.
  • Options
    ::wanders in::

I really dislike everything that most people (or, okay, HGTV says we should) like in a home: hardwood floors, open concept, room to entertain, etc.  I'm an odd ball.  It's all good.

oh, and HI!  We're over here now?  Good, good.
  • Options
    nswearensweare member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment Name Dropper
    My unpop op is that bacon is the most disgusting thing on the planet. I can't stand the taste, smell or even the sound it makes when cooking. If it even comes in contact with something I am going to eat I can taste it and my meal is ruined. I have almost convinced myself that I am allergic and the aversion to it is a defense mechanism. :)
  • Options
    Here are mine:

I LOVE Thrift Shop. It can put me in a good mood when I'm feeling blah. I realize the lyrics are dumb, but it's fun.

I also hated 50 Shades. I found myself rolling my eyes the whole time. The dialogue was so dumb it was distracting. I finished the book because rarely will I not just see a movie or book through to the end, and I can't even remember how it ended.

I consider myself as a child of the 80s, but have never seen films like Star Wars, Top Gun, and Beverly Hills Cops and never plan to.
  • Options
    cofkelcofkel member
    5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment First Anniversary
    I also think we should stop this crap in High Schools where kids can get 4.5 GPA's and crap. I don't care they took an AP class, they should get the same grades as everyone. I also think the AP classes are loosing their meaning now that so many kids are taking them. The college that I work at hates them because kids think that because the took AP Calc 1 they can move to Calc 2. I let them do that and boom they fail calc 2. And all of a sudden its my fault because why was Calc 2 so much harder then AP calc. Sigh, kids these days. I could tell you stories for all eternity...
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Hi @Joy2611! Glad to see you!
    Hey!  Holy weird board.  I leave for two weeks and it's all ... crazy.

I can't update my sig, either :-(
  • Options
    @rel1988 We have the same date!!!

I also disliked the 50 shades series. I ended up reading them and skipping over all the sex scenes. I wanted to know why the dude was so fucked up as a person. 

I can't stand it when my mom always offers me carbs when I go to her house. She knows I'm on the low-carb diet, yet insists on offering me bread. Really?

Also, I can't stand neighbors who take their dogs out, let them poop right next to the trash where there is complimentary bags for them to scoop the poop and trash it. Could you get any lazier? 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Oh, and I won't be seeing the new Hangover. I did like the 40 year old Virgin though. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    Post removed due to GBCK
    Don't make me mobilize OffensiveKitten

Anniversary

• Options
    I don't think the US should be a republic.  I think it should be an actual democracy.
  • Options
     I think the 2nd Amendment is archaic, useless, and should be removed from the Constitution.
    I feel the same way. I am all for the right to bear arms IF they are the 20-minute-to-load muskets from the 1700's. It makes absolutely no sense that we still have this stupid amendment that cannot be changed when technology changes so constantly.
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    Post removed due to GBCK
    Don't make me mobilize OffensiveKitten

Anniversary

• Options
    I thought Bridesmaids was hilarious. 

Now to catch up on the rest of this thread b/c I was being responsible in real life instead of Knotting......

What did you think would happen if you walked up to a group of internet strangers and told them to get shoehorned by their lady doc?~StageManager14
  • Options
    @stagemanager14 and @peekaboo2011 - I CANNOT stand Will Farrell.  Most people I know think I'm crazy, but I find him incredibly annoying and stupid.

• Options
    I also dislike Will Farrell.  And yeah, everyone is like "WAAAAA?"
  • Options
    I have the APPARENTLY "unpopular" opinion that "Love It"s should not be anonymous.

Kind of defeats the purpose if you ask me.
  • Options
    @lisabeats - go to the poll.  MuppetFan started one to prove the KGs wrong.

• Options
    kjhowd said:
    @lisabeats - go to the poll.  MuppetFan started one to prove the KGs wrong.
    Already did it. I bet you can guess which way I voted, even though that too was in secret.
  • Options
    bbbb78bbbb78 member
    5 Love Its First Comment Name Dropper
    i have never liked ben stiller in anything but zoolander.

i think the hunger games are stupid.

bacon is not very good.

inception was not a mindfuck it was just poorly written with a lot of plot holes.

barney and robin are not a good couple.

• Options
    Joy2611 said:

I really dislike everything that most people (or, okay, HGTV says we should) like in a home: hardwood floors, open concept, room to entertain, etc.  I'm an odd ball.  It's all good.

You're not an oddball.  Although I like an open concept, so many modern home trends baffle me.  Like, why does everyone want stainless steel appliances?  Do they know how often you have to clean them to keep them from getting covered with fingerprints?  Or, why would people choose granite over quartz countertops?  Why do so many people on HGTV throw a fit when they find out floors are single-board laminates?  If you couldn't tell it wasn't "real hardwood" when you looked at it, why does it matter?

I really need to stop watching this channel so much.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options

I, too, hate Tom's shoes, Thriftshop, and 50 Shades of Grey.  I only liked Will Ferrell in the Spartans Cheerleader skits on SNL.

I hate the "everyone is a winner" attitude in kids sports/activities these days.  In my day, when we lost we got heckled and went home in shame, and we LIKED IT!!! (OK, not really, but I still don't like giving everyone a trophy and ice cream regardless of accomplishments or efforts.)

I dislike most sushi.  Except the non-raw-fish kind. Sort of defeats the purpose.

I hate the hi-low cut trend in tops and dresses.

I do not find Ryan Reynolds attractive and don't think he can act his way out of a paper bag.

That's all I can think of for now, but I'm sure there are more.  I'm pretty disagreeable.

Im your huckleberry gif Val Kilmer Tombstone Imgur
  • Options
    Joy2611 said:

You're not an oddball.  Although I like an open concept, so many modern home trends baffle me.  Like, why does everyone want stainless steel appliances?  Do they know how often you have to clean them to keep them from getting covered with fingerprints?  Or, why would people choose granite over quartz countertops?  Why do so many people on HGTV throw a fit when they find out floors are single-board laminates?  If you couldn't tell it wasn't "real hardwood" when you looked at it, why does it matter?

I really need to stop watching this channel so much.
    Oh, let's be friends!!  I've never had stainless steel so I don't know how hard it is to clean, but if it's hard to clean then I don't want it.  This is why I don't like hardwood floors.  You have to sweep and mop all. the. time. if you want to walk on them in bare feet and not have them feel "grainy."  Gimme carpet, please!  I don't have time for that kind of high maintenance.

I'm reasonably certain that companies that sell stainless steel and granite are in bed with HGTV and its sister channels.  They're all promoting each other.
  • Options
    Re: HGTV - we watch Love It or List It pretty much all the time.  Has anyone else noticed that all houses featured are either about to fall over, or should have caught on fire 10 years ago?  And then Hilary has no money to do anything, but she uses top of the line everything?

Annoying.
    I french with my man
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    Is Hilary the woman host?  Yeah, she makes me want to change the channel.  That whole show does.  The home owners always have to play over-the-top versions of themselves.

I do love the Property Brothers, however... 
  • Options
    Re: HGTV - we watch Love It or List It pretty much all the time.  Has anyone else noticed that all houses featured are either about to fall over, or should have caught on fire 10 years ago?  And then Hilary has no money to do anything, but she uses top of the line everything?

Annoying.

I know, right?

Don't buy them a new flat screen TV, and furniture or appliances they don't need.  While all those are certainly expensive, people can do that WITHOUT Hillary's help!  It drives me a little nuts.

Thinking of the home-themed things, I hate open concept.  I like having to "discover" a house as I walk though it.

• Options
    Joy2611 said:
    Oh, let's be friends!!  I've never had stainless steel so I don't know how hard it is to clean, but if it's hard to clean then I don't want it.  This is why I don't like hardwood floors.  You have to sweep and mop all. the. time. if you want to walk on them in bare feet and not have them feel "grainy."  Gimme carpet, please!  I don't have time for that kind of high maintenance.

I'm reasonably certain that companies that sell stainless steel and granite are in bed with HGTV and its sister channels.  They're all promoting each other.
    I wouldn't say stainless is hard to clean, but it definitely show smudges and fingerprints.  One apartment I rented had them, and I had to wipe them down almost daily.  If I had kids or more people in the household, it might have driven me completely crazy.

It's why I would pick quartz counters, too.  Nonporous and almost zero maintenance?  I'm in!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I just really want to know how all of the houses they pick should have been either fallen over or on fire before they got there.  Something fishy...
    I french with my man
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    I think open concept is lovely in theory and horrific in practice.  Cooking is loud.  TVs are loud.  My husband and I used to turn the TV waay up to hear over the noise of the kitchen until finally we put captioning on permanently.  At least I can watch my show while he uses the mixer or empties the dishwasher.  But, I also think the downstairs is for a lot of activities that require different noise levels.  It's unrealistic to expect that everyone can cook, watch TV, read a book, and work on a computer in the exact same room.  I want some peace and quiet sometimes without sitting in my bedroom all the time.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards