Wedding Party
Options

Re: .

• Options
    Yes. I posted and it didn't show up. WTH. 
  • Options
    I'm just going to leave this here in case anyone wants to know how bitchy they really are.  I'm 94% LOL

• Options
    I'm just going to leave this here in case anyone wants to know how bitchy they really are.  I'm 94% LOL

I took this and got a 69%. Woo hoo! 

OP - tl;dr but I think this sums things up. 

• Options
    Woo! 72%! Mostly because I have no problem telling kids when they're not behaving. Or pets. Or other drivers. Or ...
  • Options
    I got only a 50% which will likely shock the OP.

"Love is the one thing we're capable of perceiving that transcends time and space."

• Options
    I took it the other day and got a 50%. I was surprised that it wasn't higher...maybe I was in a particularly happy mood when I took it.

• Options
    I got 50%, too.
  • Options
    ginger0809ginger0809 member
    5 Love Its First Comment First Anniversary
    edited July 2014
  • Options
    aawegner said:
    ... But no one had to respond, no one had to attack or make fun of, or anything else that was done.
    If you didn't want people to respond, why bother posting it on a discussion forum?
  • Options
    What ClimbingBride said.  You were the one that started this post bitching about how we all should stop being so rude and instead be supportive or whatever other crap that you were spewing.  Did you really think that no one was going to respond to someone who thinks they are so freaking high and mighty?  What did you really expect?  Seriously?  What?

• Options
    edited July 2014
  • Options
    aawegner said:
    I think I'm high and mighty!? Ok. I honestly thought that maybe, just maybe some people who are extremely rude and mean to other people on these boards might take a step back and think. "Maybe I shouldn't be such a huge bitch to people" but that didn't happen. That was my whole point of the post, but GOD forbid I mention something that I was personally upset about only to be torn apart. Instead of trying to sympathize or understand, and not with me, with anyone on here, posters are in attack mode. It's just ridiculous.
    Did you ever consider that when posters tend to get bitchy and rude is when the OP is the one who starts calling us names and telling us that we are horrible people and they feel bad for our SOs? That is when the claws come out. Just because you (general you) don't like the fact that we sad "sorry but what you are planning on doing is rude to your guests" or "no you shouldn't kick out your best friend from your wedding party because she didn't want to spend $1000 on a bach party for you" or basically disagreeing with you (general you) in anyway doesn't make us bitches or mean. It is just us answering your question and you (general you) not liking what you hear or not getting the validation you want.

• Options
    aawegner said:

I think I'm high and mighty!? Ok.

I honestly thought that maybe, just maybe some people who are extremely rude and mean to other people on these boards might take a step back and think. "Maybe I shouldn't be such a huge bitch to people" but that didn't happen. That was my whole point of the post, but GOD forbid I mention something that I was personally upset about only to be torn apart. Instead of trying to sympathize or understand, and not with me, with anyone on here, posters are in attack mode. It's just ridiculous.

The only ridiculous person here at the moment is you.

Can someone post some Frozen gifs? I'm mobile knotting.

Anniversary
  • Options
    vsgalvsgal member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment
    OP,  you seem very aggressive and angry.  If you are like this with strangers, I would hate to see how you treat your friends.

FYI, not one person here will sympathize with a bride treating her friends like non-payed help or props. 
    We don't condone that behavior.  Ever.  Period.  It takes a brainwashed person to think it is ok to demand things from friends for a one-day party. 
    ROCK IS KING!!
  • Options
    aawegner said:
    I think I'm high and mighty!? Ok. I honestly thought that maybe, just maybe some people who are extremely rude and mean to other people on these boards might take a step back and think. "Maybe I shouldn't be such a huge bitch to people" but that didn't happen. That was my whole point of the post, but GOD forbid I mention something that I was personally upset about only to be torn apart. Instead of trying to sympathize or understand, and not with me, with anyone on here, posters are in attack mode. It's just ridiculous.
    And to add, do you think you are the first one to "enlighten" us?  No and you won't be the last.  We post how we post.  Are some posters more direct?  Sure.  Are some a bit more soft?  Sure.  But no one is out right bitchy unless a posters comes on here, like you did, and basically talk down to us from you pedestal.

• Options
    Hey I'm only 39% bitchy! 
  • Options
    aawegner said:
    This is a big case of "know your audience".  You KNOW the women here are of the opinion that the bride shouldn't expect too much from her MOH / BMs, so it shouldn't come as a shock to get these replies.  I'm sure you're a lovely person IRL.  Just take a step back and take a look at how your post comes across. 
  • Options
    chibiyui said:
    The only ridiculous person here at the moment is you. Can someone post some Frozen gifs? I'm mobile knotting.

• Options

I took this on Facebook and got 83%. Nobody that knows me in real life was surprised, but I'm not even mean on TK. LOL
  • Options
    aawegner said:
     When I said I expect my MOH to be there when I want her to be there, it was blown WAY out of proportion, but I'm really not surprised. 

How was that blown WAY out of proportion?  You specifically said you expect her to be there with you when you want her to be.  How else could anyone interpret that? 
  • Options
    I got 44% yesterday. Balanced Bitch!
                                 Anniversary
    imageimageimage

• Options
    pinkcow13 said:
    I'm sorry, but a MOH does more than just "show up" for the wedding.  You're on the knot message boards like a bunch of assholes putting down every girl who expects ANYTHING from their bridesmaids or maid of honors.  Guess what!? THEY SHOULD!  

Here's a nice little list from the knot saying exactly what the MOH duties are...and according to the knot, there's a lot!

I got upset with my MOH about a month ago.  I felt like she was distant and didn't care about my wedding at all.  Do I expect her to obsess over it like I do? No.  But I do expect her to want to be there with me for the big stuff, like dress shopping, deciding on bridesmaid dresses, coming to the showers (I have to have two), and bachelorette party.  She just wasn't involved and it hurt my feelings. I felt like the big event that was finally happening for me, in my life, didn't mean anything to her.  I'm one of the last of my friends to get married, and most all of them have kids now too.  I have been there for all of their happy life events with freakin bells on!  I never miss anything for them and always make it a very big deal, so yes I would really like that in return.  I kept letting the issues go, not wanting to make it a big deal, but when she told me she wouldn't be coming to one of my showers because she made other plans that weekend.  I was pushed over the edge.  I told her well in advance I would have two showers, because my family and my fiance's family live far apart, so it just made sense to have two. (neither of which she was throwing btw, so that was one less thing she needed to worry about)  I told her I wanted her to be at both, because she's my best friend and I wanted her there with me, so when she wasn't going to come I got upset.  I told her everything that had bothered me and was 100% honest with her about my feelings, and we talked it out and got through it and I feel like she's been a much better friend in general since then.  She didn't tell me I was a bridezilla or that I was expecting too much, she admitted she hasn't been the best of a friend and we've moved on. 

So when I come on here today and see all of the horrible hurtful things women say to other women about their weddings, the biggest days of their life thus far (unless they've already had children) it's disgusting.  What is wrong with women?!  Be nice and supportive of one another instead of tearing each other down.  

I just wanted to post for all of those who feel wronged by their MOH's.  It's ok for you to feel that way, because they're not just a bridesmaid, they hold the title of MOH and that means something.  There ARE duties that go along with it and when NONE of those are being done, you have a right to be upset.  Don't listen to the negativity of these other women who have nothing better to do than pass judgement on everyone else.  They should be ashamed.
    Seriously? Because getting degrees, getting a promotion, becoming a CEO of a multinational corporation, delivering (not having) a baby are clearly not important days in a woman's life. 

Go drive your MOH crazy with this nonsense.

@ginger0809, according to your reasoning, what if a woman marries more than once?  Which wedding day is "the most important in her life" ?

Excuse me, but it isn't your place to decide for anyone else what the most important day of their life is.  For many women, especially those who have never married, it is not their wedding day.
  • Options
    edited July 2014
  • Options
    You've got to be kidding me... now you're just digging for things to argue about.  

I didn't say every single woman in the world, just stop.
    Sorry, but you picked this argument by generalizing inappropriately.

And it is not up to you how other posters post.  The "just stop" is out of line.
  • Options
    You've got to be kidding me... now you're just digging for things to argue about.  

I didn't say every single woman in the world, just stop.
    If you say something, it's not digging things up. You point blank said it. Someone disagreed with it. That's not digging it up. 
  • Options
    edited July 2014
  • Options
    edited July 2014
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards