Chit Chat

Dairy Farms/ Rustic Weddings

Saw this on yahoo in the news ticker regarding the "growing trend" of getting married on a Dairy Farm.

http://gma.yahoo.com/couples-moo-dairy-farm-weddings-101355487--abc-news-sex.html

Best quote in the entire article from ranch owner Tony Azevedo: "Everybody wants to get married in a damn barn and have their picture taken with a cow." Followed closely by his other quote "This Pinterest thing is my new business partner."

Caveat- this post is not intended to offend those who like/have chosen to have rustic weddings or weddings on a farm or in a barn. I am merely highly amused by the ranch owner's take on the wedding industry.

Re: Dairy Farms/ Rustic Weddings

• My fav part is the link name - http://gma.yahoo.com/couples-moo-dairy-farm-weddings-101355487--abc-news-sex.html

WTH?? :-p
    There is a "my milkshake brings all the boys to the yard" joke in here.

Anniversary
  • I liken it to the whole "zomg look how low-key and nontraditional we are!!!!" attitude.

Prior to the 90s, the only places to get married were the Courthouse or a Church.

Now, you can say vows committing you to each other for life with eau de shit wafting through the air.
  • I used to work at a dairy, and, well, I really hope people realize they REEK. For miles. 

I am a little annoyed at the trend. I like the threads started around here asking where they can find an AFFORDABLE rustic venue. Um, find a big field, find out who owns it, offer to rent it out and get going. But now all these super fancy barns are popping up. Kinda an oxymoron with rustic and simple. 

Also I always wanted to wear cowboy boots under my dress (I am a country girl, used to train horses, still ride) and now eeeeverybody's doing it *grumble*
  • itzMS said:
    I liken it to the whole "zomg look how low-key and nontraditional we are!!!!" attitude. Prior to the 90s, the only places to get married were the Courthouse or a Church. Now, you can say vows committing you to each other for life with eau de shit wafting through the air.

Yea....they want something so low-key and simple, but most the time you don't see them anywhere near cow shit...They try to find some "pretty" barn that was constructed for weddings and like events.

Maybe I'll mix it up and get married on a turkey farm. Now that shit stinks!

IMHO Hogs barns are the worst. I have an ag degree and am a city girl. First time I walked into the the hog barn I almost lost my lunch. I have only ever been woken up by smell - when the ag frat guys dumped buckets from the poop legume from the hog farm on our porch! It was the worst wake up ever!
    :kiss: ~xoxo~ :kiss:

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards