Not Engaged Yet

Monday.

Re: Monday.

• There were Christmas commercials during football yesterday. I was NOT pleased because it makes me anxious about Christmas shopping. I got the one big thing that BF wanted (Xbox 1) but I want to get him other stuff too. He needs new boots and wants some Broncos crap (barf). I don't think I'm exchanging with the parents this year. We used to buy each other three things each and a stocking but all my parents have asked for was a Calphalon pan and I haven't asked for anything since my dad is paying for our trip to Europe. Maybe I shouldn't get so worked up about Christmas shopping then.

Also @livleighton don't hate yourself. I think you're wonderful, as does probably everyone here. You are a smart, nice, gorgeous woman. I know it can get tough sometimes, but just remember we all love you hard.

Wedding Countdown Ticker

image 59 Invited
    image 36 Yes
    image 2 No
    image 21 Unknown
  • @LivLeighton - HUGS. You are WAY WAY WAY too hard on yourself. You're beautiful and you work your ass off and you're an awesome person. I know it's easier said than done but try to focus on the MANY great things about yourself today. 

• @LivLeighton - I'm sorry you are going through a rough time - just remember you have a BF who sounds amazing, wonderful furbabies, and so many friends who love you. Hang in there!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • beanbot2002beanbot2002 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment
    edited November 2013

I'm sending hugs to everyone having a rough morning.

As to the Marriage blog thing, I kind of liked the sentiment in the "Do Unto Others..." sense, if you know what I mean. I'm not saying my whole life is to 'serve' someone else, no. It's a partnership. I don't know. I just wasn't as opposed to what was being said as some are.

Anyhow, my Monday annoyance? The fact that Bean's partner on his term project failed to mention that she had done ZERO WORK from home on said project because she doesn't have a computer at home, until Friday afternoon. If we had known this sooner (and I know part of that was Bean's responsibility to ask), we would have invited her over to do research with Bean at our house, or arranged for them to meet up at the library. As it stood, Bean ended up having to write the whole 6 page paper. The portions that she wrote in class were thought/sentence fragments with incorrect information. It took a shit ton of editing by Bean (with me and my mom assisting). In the end it all got done, but Bean didn't get to go play outside once the whole weekend. That made me sad because it was so beautiful and sunny.

ETA: This might get me shot, but I was super excited that my starbucks came in a holiday cup yesterday.

"Stuart was scared, but he loved Margalo, Mommy. And there is nothing bigger than love." -The Bean
     "His farts smell like Satan's asshole mixed with a skunk's vagina. But it's okay, because I love him." -CSousa

• you mean, like this, @beanbot2002LINK *warning: do not click if you are a Grinch!!*
  • @cocobellaF YES! I was (irrationally) stinkin excited about it.
    "Stuart was scared, but he loved Margalo, Mommy. And there is nothing bigger than love." -The Bean
     "His farts smell like Satan's asshole mixed with a skunk's vagina. But it's okay, because I love him." -CSousa

• The posts about tests and studying make me so glad I'm not in college any more.  Beyond glad.

I don't have much to bitch about, except for the fact that the sneakers I bought my 10 year old less than 2 months ago have already blown out.  The retailer can't take them back, and I've not heard a word from Sketchers in regards to their uber shitty product, via email or FB.  Guess I get to take him shopping and buy another pair of $60 sneakers.  Hooray.

H and I did some shopping yesterday, and there was a huge amount of Christmas stuff out at Home Depot.  I actually looked at the pre-lit garlands, because I want one, but haven't been able to find one that doesn't look like it was made from recycled saw dust in a factory in China.  There was a halfway decent Martha Stewart one, but she bugs, so I'm going to keep looking. I'm not ready for Christmas music yet, but don't mind seeing the stuff in the stores now that Halloween is officially past.

Oh, and it looks like H and I are hosting a small group of family for Thanksgiving.  I've never made a turkey before, and I'm terrified that I'm going to puke everywhere when I have to clean it out.  Seriously, I'm practically gagging thinking about it.  
    Meddied since 6/15/13!
  • @cocobellaf, Christmas music and cocoa sounds amazing and I might have to join you in that.
  • @KeptInStitches - please do join me!  my H is trying to maintain his reputation as a Grinch, but I've caught him humming a few Christmas tunes this weekend.
  • @cocobellaf, I'll go one further and put up my tree.
  • For the record, I'm not a grinch. I love Christmas. WHEN IT'S CHRISTMASTIME. 

Let's get through Thanksgiving first, thanks. 

Also, I feel this way about every holiday - I don't need Halloween costumes on the 4th of July, I don't need Valentine's candy at Christmas, and I don't need Christmas music in October. 

I do, however, need Cadbury mini-eggs at all times, so we can start selling Easter candy anytime now. 

*******************************************************************************************

• @Brisox81 I'm gonna bust out that song that says something about it being Christmastime all year round in my heart. ;) AND YOU WILL LOVE IT! *please don't beat me*

• I just went to Macy's downtown here to look at stuff for our registry - and they already have all the Christmas window displays up.  Sigh. 

Poor Thanksgiving... one of these years we're going to see a rabid neglected turkey attack Santa or something to try and restore the balance...

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • BriSox81 said:

I do, however, need Cadbury mini-eggs at all times, so we can start selling Easter candy anytime now. 
    Best. Candy. Ever.
    They sell Christmas ones around here.
  • I'm not into the Cadbury mini-eggs...  I do enjoy the "holiday" Reese's...  pumpkins, eggs, trees, whatever.  and holiday Oreos!  YUM!!!
  • @KateJ16 - I went to my Macy's on September 20th (I know this because I took a photo and posted it on FB/IG/Twitter) and they had all their Christmas decorations out. THAT WAS SIX WEEKS AGO! 

• My brother-in-law's birthday is on December 23rd.  I buy him a birthday present in July, he loves it.  :)
    Meddied since 6/15/13!
  • I'm the same as @brisox81. I LOVE the holidays, but it seems like stores jump the gun way too fast. I start getting excited about Christmas the day after Thanksgiving, when I put up my Christmas decorations.

Wedding Countdown Ticker

image 59 Invited
    image 36 Yes
    image 2 No
    image 21 Unknown
  • beanbot2002beanbot2002 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment
    edited November 2013

Is it normal to be excited about both Thanksgiving and Christmas all at the same time? Cause I am. I can't wait to eat a mountain of mashed potatoes, laced with dark meat turkey, and drowning in home made gravy. AND I'm excited about eating all the tamales (drenched in sour cream and mole sauce) my mom makes, while opening presents. And cookies. I'm excited about all the christmas cookies. I'm just excited about all the foods.

• I really love the holidays as well, but I have to say, the stores putting Christmas stuff up this early is really annoying. I love Thanksgiving just as much as Christmas. Why can't I have both? My family has a strict no Christmas decorations out until after everyone leaves for Thanksgiving. Once they're out the door and down the street so they can't see the house though, it's open season on Christmas stuff. Christmas is fun and awesome, but we need Thanksgiving first.

• BriSox81 said:

Best. Candy. Ever.
    WHAT!?!??!

*******************************************************************************************

• @Brisox81 I'm gonna bust out that song that says something about it being Christmastime all year round in my heart. ;) AND YOU WILL LOVE IT! *please don't beat me*

You're lucky I love you so much ;)

• BriSox81 said:

Best. Candy. Ever.
    WHAT!?!??!

http://my-sweet-addiction.com/2011/11/29/cadbury-mini-eggs-dressed-up-for-christmas/

They are ball shaped. As in spheres.

• @jenjenniferf I'm on the hunt for these tonight!

Wedding Countdown Ticker

image 59 Invited
    image 36 Yes
    image 2 No
    image 21 Unknown
  • I NEED THEM. IMMEDIATELY. IN. MY. MOUTH.

also: 

• BriSox81 said:

Best. Candy. Ever.
    WHAT!?!??!

http://my-sweet-addiction.com/2011/11/29/cadbury-mini-eggs-dressed-up-for-christmas/

I love that you specified balls as in spheres, rather than balls of the man part variety ;)
  • audrewuhaudrewuh member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment Name Dropper
    edited November 2013
    Ugh, I'm a total Grinch. I've hated the holidays for most of my adult life. I try to simply avoid going places that put up Christmas decor in October. So far, this year I've succeeded pretty well.

My Monday was yesterday and hot damn it was a bugger. 

H's car broke down while I was at a kid's play Saturday night (that lasted 3.5 hours, btw). Working at a church means I have to be there early on Sunday mornings and stay late into the afternoon. H working for an NFL team means he has to be at the stadium 7 hours before kick off on the same Sunday I work. The stadium being an hour away from my church makes those logistics incredibly difficult when you've only got one car. 

We got him to work and me to the game, but we didn't get home until 2 am, and after both of us being up and working since 7:30, I was over it. I'm working from home today while H takes my car to work. I have absolutely no idea what we're going to do tomorrow. Our retreat is this weekend and I have to go into the office for our staff meeting. H can't get his car fixed till Friday. 

@livleighton you deserve a good cupcake. I rest easy knowing that you have the SO and puppy snuggles portion of the emotional healing process covered!

@swazzle happy sixmonthiversarry!! 

@sakalicious which anniversary is this?

And on the marriage blog, it kinda irked me only because of the people I saw posting it. I judged them. 
    --------------------------------------------------------------

"You're our early 20's BSC scarecrow. They cower at your maturity." - lennonkdc Anniversary
  • @audrewuh we've been murrrrrrried for 3 years (on Wednesday)...woot!
  • BriSox81 said:

Best. Candy. Ever.
    WHAT!?!??!

I love that you specified balls as in spheres, rather than balls of the man part variety ;)
    With this crowd, you need to be clear.
  • @audrewuh we've been murrrrrrried for 3 years (on Wednesday)...woot!
    ermagerd you're old married balls!! 

I'm sorry all the traveling plans are screwing the pooch. Methinks you get to go to France and eat fancy French food and drink fancy French wine while he does his work.

Count it as genetic research. 
    --------------------------------------------------------------

"You're our early 20's BSC scarecrow. They cower at your maturity." - lennonkdc Anniversary
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards