Not Engaged Yet

Weirdos.

What weird things do you and/or your SO do? 

I'll start. I eat the edges of things first. When I was little, I hated crusts, but my mom wouldn't cut them off for me, so I just ate them first to get rid of them & save the "good" middles for last. I still do it. With anything that has edges - sandwiches, burgers, cookies, etc. If I can have something that has an option for no edge (cake, brownie, etc.) I will ALWAYS take the no-edge piece. 

BF has this weird twitchy shoulder thing. He has no idea why it happens, and it usually scares me because I have no idea when it's going to happen. 

Your turn!

*******************************************************************************************

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Re: Weirdos.

• H makes fun of me a lot for my wierd facial expressions.  I don't realize I'm doing it but when I'm trying to convey something semi-serious in a conversation half of my mouth goes up and the other half stays the same.  I used to do a lot of shoulder shrugs when talking about things I wasn't sure of but H made fun of me for so long that I think I've curbed the behavior 99%.  I also like to do things in "threes"...especially kisses.  I've had that habit since childhood.

H has a LOT of quirks.  He has to load the dishwasher a certain way, won't put towels in with socks in the washing machine (I ignore that "rule" because I'm not doing mutiple loads of laundry) and he randomly makes up words all the time.  I think the last one was "five-oodle" (which was supposed to mean 5 times the base).  He uses a lot of American expressions completely wrong too (but he wasn't raised here and English wasn't his first language so I can't make too much fun of that).

• I love to peel things. The paint on my nails, walls, anything. I know, I'm a freak! hahaha. :)
    FI doesn't really have anything I can think of.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

• Emmy1493Emmy1493 member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary First Comment Name Dropper
    edited November 2013
    minskat30 said:

H makes fun of me a lot for my wierd facial expressions.  I don't realize I'm doing it but when I'm trying to convey something semi-serious in a conversation half of my mouth goes up and the other half stays the same.  I used to do a lot of shoulder shrugs when talking about things I wasn't sure of but H made fun of me for so long that I think I've curbed the behavior 99%.  I also like to do things in "threes"...especially kisses.  I've had that habit since childhood.

H has a LOT of quirks.  He has to load the dishwasher a certain way, won't put towels in with socks in the washing machine (I ignore that "rule" because I'm not doing mutiple loads of laundry) and he randomly makes up words all the time.  I think the last one was "five-oodle" (which was supposed to mean 5 times the base).  He uses a lot of American expressions completely wrong too (but he wasn't raised here and English wasn't his first language so I can't make too much fun of that).

I did that too! haha.
    ETA: The things in 3's.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

• I also eat the crusts first, and save the best bite for last!

I have a lot of facial expressions and voices, but I don't realize I'm doing it until someone tells me.
  • I have weird facial expressions too! I do "the eyebrow" (apparently), and when I'm confused or don't "get" something, I tilt my head like a puppy. 

*******************************************************************************************

• I am constantly moving my feet. We can be sitting on the couch or laying in bed and my feet just start tapping to a beat apparently. I never realized I did this until my BF pointed it out.

I also do another weird thing with my feet that we call "cricket feet" when laying in bed. As I'm laying there getting cozy I rub my feet together. I think its a soothing thing. I never realized I did this either until BF pointed it out.

My BF doesn't have too many weird things that he does, however he has OCD tendencies so things have to be certain ways or straight.

We also have this dance move that we do randomly. One of us will be doing something routine, like walking down the hallway, through the living, on the way to the bathroom, and break out with this move. We actually learned it from my 1 1/2 year old nephew, so we call it the "Carter" move.

We sing songs to our pets that we make up, and we also narrate what we think our pets are thinking or what they might say in certain situations.
    Anniversary

• I peel off my nail polish. It drives my partner NUTS. I also usually eat my food in order of what I like least to what I like most.

My partner has OCD, so he's got more weird habits than I can count. Some highlights: can't eat leftovers; checks the mail every time he comes home, even if it's Sunday or he's already checked the mail; and he watches TV shows in their entirety ... like, ALL of Doctor Who (all of it. No, really, ALL of it) and ALL of Star Trek.
    Anniversary
    now with ~* INCREASED SASSINESS *~
  • H likes to sniff me. Like actually sniff me. Also after a few drinks he likes to "sneakily" grab my boobs or my ass, except it's never sneaky. The more drinks the more obvious it is.

I play with my split ends.  The only way I don't is by having super short hair.  I also have to do all my laundry by color.  I can't just wash lights and darks they have to be extra separated by color family.
    photo bridalparty.jpg
  • I am constantly moving my feet. We can be sitting on the couch or laying in bed and my feet just start tapping to a beat apparently. I never realized I did this until my BF pointed it out.

I also do another weird thing with my feet that we call "cricket feet" when laying in bed. As I'm laying there getting cozy I rub my feet together. I think its a soothing thing. I never realized I did this either until BF pointed it out.

My BF doesn't have too many weird things that he does, however he has OCD tendencies so things have to be certain ways or straight.

We also have this dance move that we do randomly. One of us will be doing something routine, like walking down the hallway, through the living, on the way to the bathroom, and break out with this move. We actually learned it from my 1 1/2 year old nephew, so we call it the "Carter" move.

We sing songs to our pets that we make up, and we also narrate what we think our pets are thinking or what they might say in certain situations.
    I do BOTH of these things too!! One of my legs is constantly bouncing, or my feet are moving. All of the time. 

I also still sleep with my teddy bear. BF makes fun of me, only because the poor bear's head is falling off for like the 15th time, and I haven't sewn it back on. If I don't have my bear, I have to have a pillow or something to hug, or I cannot sleep AT ALL. 

• I have a tendancy to drop off in the middle of sentences and it drives FI NUTS. I don't think he does anything weird.
    Anniversary
  • audrewuhaudrewuh member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment Name Dropper
    edited November 2013
    I have a thing about wearing t shirts that haven't been washed. Which is a problem when ever damn mission trip with a t shirt we go on requires a huge group photo with everyone in their "fresh out of the printer's box" shirt on. 

I. Can't. Stand. It. 

This past weekend, one of my kids asked if she had to wear her camp shirt that day since so many of the other girls in her cabin had them on. One of my counselors stopped putting on her make up and turned around, saying, "Audrewuh doesn't wear shirts that haven't been washed yet. She will never make you wear your shirt."

If my counselors know me that well, I guess we're making headway? 

ETA: H's weirdo thing: He randomly capitalizes words when he's typing. 

When we were in school and just started dating, I looked over one of his essays for his communications class. I was shocked he'd made it so far in school! He had no idea he'd been doing it until I pointed it out to him. 

His papers would Look like this. The first word would Always be capitalized, but Then there would be random words In the sentence that would Have capital letters. 
    --------------------------------------------------------------

"You're our early 20's BSC scarecrow. They cower at your maturity." - lennonkdc Anniversary
  • labrolabro member
    First Anniversary First Answer First Comment 5 Love Its
    edited November 2013

I don't know if this is weird or not but I follow a certain routine in the shower every single time. It kind of bothers me to deviate from it. Wash my body, wash my face, shampoo, and then condition my hair last. When I eat pumpkin pie I cover the entire slice, top sides and back, in whipped cream before eating it. I used to be a crust first and "tasty part" last person too but now I just like food a lot and the crust tastes good too so I don't particularly care where I start. I still prefer cake slices from the center rather than the edge. But edge and corner brownies are the best because they are slightly crispy.

BF's hands have a slight shake. The doctor says it isn't Parkinson's or a sign of impending Parkinson's...he calls it a benign essential tremor or something like that. It's nothing severe but sometimes I have to help him if he's trying to do something extremely delicate but it's pretty rare that he needs me to do something for him.

There are other things but honestly sometimes I feel like I don't even notice the "weird" things anymore because I've either adjusted to it or have changed my habits to align with his (using dry detergent instead of liquid...minor stuff like that).

My dog is weird too. She only shits in the woods and if we have her on the leash she'll strain and strain and strain against it and then spin in circles before she stops and finally goes. Every time we let her out in the backyard the first thing she does is make a beeline for the pond. Only after she's made a visit to her pond will she do anything else. She also likes to drag herself along the ground using only her front paws while dragging her back legs behind her. Sometimes she'll practically rub her privates all over my parents' dogs' faces. I'm sure it's just some weird dominance thing but I've never seen another dog do it...only her. She'll also only do it to other females. I've never seen her attempt it with a male dog. My dog has "personality" for sure.

ETA: I thought of another weird me thing. I get so involved in a book when I'm reading that you practically have to shout my name several times in order to get my attention. It doesn't even take long for me to get into that state. Three sentences in and good luck to you if you decide to try holding a conversation with me.

• @phira I do the same thing with food. I like to eat my least favorites first and save the best for last.

• @phira I do the food thing too!  My FI thinks I'm nuts, he always eats his favorite thing first.

I have learned to just ignore this, but my FI washes the dishes before putting them in the dishwasher.  Not rinses, but washes with a sponge and soap.  I just don't get it.

My weird thing - there are certain foods I just don't chew.  I never chew the cheapo ramen noodles, I never chew macaroni and cheese noodles, and there are a few others I can't think of - I just swallow the bite whole. 

I also like to eat the middle of pancakes last because that's where the best spot is (where the most butter has melted).

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • @brisox81 FI's hands have a shake too - he thinks it's psychosomatic, because it only happens when he's holding liquids, and after a few drinks in him it doesn't bother him anymore.  AND I sleep with a stuffed tiger, sounds like same reason as you - I need something to hug/rest my chin on.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Oh my goodness, sleeping habits ...

Unless I am very, very sleepy (and I mean like ... drugged up sleepy), I have to be on my left side with my left arm under the pillow. Sometimes I can't sleep and I don't know why, and then I flip onto my left side and then I can sleep. You'd think that after several years of this, I'd have figured it out every night.

My partner has to sleep on his stomach with the blankets all wrapped around him (including over his head). He eventually ends up sleeping in whatever weird position as he tosses and turns, but he won't fall asleep in any other position.
    Anniversary
  • I'm not weird.

Haha, yeah right.

I HATE being naked, seriously hate it. First of all, no one needs to see me naked and second of all, I'm always cold. After BF and I do the deed I'm immediately dressed like I'm going to do a walk of shame or something.

I have this obsession of making sure that my cat didn't get out of the house. In my old apartment, he was able to push the door open to get outside and did that a couple of times. He's also fallen out of a second floor window while sleeping on the windowsill so you see where my obsession is with that.

I sometimes like to eat just appetizers for dinner when we go out. Sometimes they look better than the main courses.

I have to make sure that wherever we're sleeping, BF has to be closest to the door. If someone ever broke in, he'd probably shit himself and I'd end up saving the day but still, it's nice to have that human barrier.

On to BF:

He's obsessed with getting all the achievements in his Xbox games

He likes to clean our dog's eye boogers in the morning.

He clips his fingernails every morning.

He hates hottubs, swimming in the ocean and even pools. He's gotten better with the pool though.

He locks the door when he's taking a shower or making a poo. This has caused a fight with us since there's only one bathroom in the house and sometimes I have to go when he's in the shower.

Due to being home-invaded as a child, he has to check and make sure all the locks in the house are locked.

Wedding Countdown Ticker

image 59 Invited
    image 36 Yes
    image 2 No
    image 21 Unknown
  • I also do the "cricket feet" thing, only I call them "sleepy feet." My dad does it, too, but I doubt that I really learned that behavior. I only do it when I'm really tired, and it's a good indicator that I want to go to bed.

I have tons of weird expressions, and don't usually know I'm making them. Most involve my eyebrow(s).

I sleep with a stuffed animal or 5, and they're all important to me. Any guy who was not OK with my sleeping with a stuffed animal, or who made fun of them in any way, would get dumped immediately and that's not a joke. Mo was super supportive of it, and I fell in love with him when I found out he had his own stuffed animal. B is super supportive of it and has added to my collection. 

I have a lot of things that I'm pretty precise about in my house. All of them are because they make life easier/less confusing, but they usually piss people off because they are precise. It's taken B a year to figure these all out. For example, when putting dishes in the dishwasher, each utensil type has its own section so when you unload, you can just pull a handful of silverware and put it in the correct slot in the drawer. If there are two light switches that control the overhead light to a room, don't use the wrong one to turn it off or it will incorrectly be in the "on" position. This one drives me mad. 

Every single time B sits up from a reclined position, he burps.

B and I have words that mean different things. "Snoozles" means nap time (also, the name of my stuffed sheep from B). "Tyty" is tired. "Anudder one" means we want to watch TV (started because we'd want to watch another of the same show we were binge-watching). 

I know I have a ton more because I'm such a weirdo. I have to think. 

To the bolded: we should be roommates because I do the same things too and it drives me nuts when it's not done right!

Wedding Countdown Ticker

image 59 Invited
    image 36 Yes
    image 2 No
    image 21 Unknown
  • BF & I load the dishwasher different & it bugs the hell out of me. I put silverware in pointing down. He puts it pointing up. Why would you put them in pointing up? That's asking for a fork stab.

He also cleans dog eye boogers, @buddysmom80

I can't sleep without a fan. I also can't sleep unless my butt is covered. I don't care how hot it is, I HAVE to have a blanket over my butt. Even for naps on the couch. 

• On to BF:

He's obsessed with getting all the achievements in his Xbox games

He likes to clean our dog's eye boogers in the morning.

He clips his fingernails every morning.

He hates hottubs, swimming in the ocean and even pools. He's gotten better with the pool though.

He locks the door when he's taking a shower or making a poo. This has caused a fight with us since there's only one bathroom in the house and sometimes I have to go when he's in the shower.

Due to being home-invaded as a child, he has to check and make sure all the locks in the house are locked.

I do the bolded and I am not ashamed. I love cleaning out my dog's eye boogers. My parent's golden Bella loves to eat her eye boogers. When I clean out her eyes she always tries to lick them off my fingers. I don't even want to go into just how weird Bella is. Poor dog is completely neurotic.

• BriSox81 said:
    BF & I load the dishwasher different & it bugs the hell out of me. I put silverware in pointing down. He puts it pointing up. Why would you put them in pointing up? That's asking for a fork stab.

He also cleans dog eye boogers, @buddysmom80

I can't sleep without a fan. I also can't sleep unless my butt is covered. I don't care how hot it is, I HAVE to have a blanket over my butt. Even for naps on the couch. 

I'm telling you we date the same person.

Also, BF likes to sleep with the fan on, when I bought the house, he saw that there was a ceiling fan in the bedrooms and was like: "YES, I DON'T NEED MY BOX FAN ANYMORE!"

I used to sleep with stuffed animals, I only do now if I'm really sick. My favorite is a Care Bear my mom sewed for me since they didn't have the money at the time to buy a real one. The other one is a stuffed Orca whale that my cousin got me from when they went to Sea World in Ohio wayyyy back in the day. The third is a small stuffed orange banana my dad won at a fair one year when I was really young.

Wedding Countdown Ticker

image 59 Invited
    image 36 Yes
    image 2 No
    image 21 Unknown
  • I have to sleep closest to the door. Part of it is that I like to be on the edge of the bed (with IBD, if I'm really sick, I don't have to wake up my partner nearly as much if I can just hop out of bed). Part of it is that I like to be next to my nightstand. It works for us because my partner HAS to be on the wall-side of the bed, although for him, he also has to be on the right and I have to be on the left. It limits the ways we can set up the bedroom.

But ... I sometimes get night terrors, where I wake up and think someone else is in the room next to the bed (light block curtains + terrible vision = scary). It happened again last night, which was upsetting. I think it wouldn't happen so much if I could be on the wall side of the bed.
    Anniversary
  • I don't know if this is weird or not but I follow a certain routine in the shower every single time. It kind of bothers me to deviate from it. Wash my body, wash my face, shampoo, and then condition my hair last. When I eat pumpkin pie I cover the entire slice, top sides and back, in whipped cream before eating it. I used to be a crust first and "tasty part" last person too but now I just like food a lot and the crust tastes good too so I don't particularly care where I start. I still prefer cake slices from the center rather than the edge. But edge and corner brownies are the best because they are slightly crispy.

BF's hands have a slight shake. The doctor says it isn't Parkinson's or a sign of impending Parkinson's...he calls it a benign essential tremor or something like that. It's nothing severe but sometimes I have to help him if he's trying to do something extremely delicate but it's pretty rare that he needs me to do something for him.

There are other things but honestly sometimes I feel like I don't even notice the "weird" things anymore because I've either adjusted to it or have changed my habits to align with his (using dry detergent instead of liquid...minor stuff like that).

My dog is weird too. She only shits in the woods and if we have her on the leash she'll strain and strain and strain against it and then spin in circles before she stops and finally goes. Every time we let her out in the backyard the first thing she does is make a beeline for the pond. Only after she's made a visit to her pond will she do anything else. She also likes to drag herself along the ground using only her front paws while dragging her back legs behind her. Sometimes she'll practically rub her privates all over my parents' dogs' faces. I'm sure it's just some weird dominance thing but I've never seen another dog do it...only her. She'll also only do it to other females. I've never seen her attempt it with a male dog. My dog has "personality" for sure.

ETA: I thought of another weird me thing. I get so involved in a book when I'm reading that you practically have to shout my name several times in order to get my attention. It doesn't even take long for me to get into that state. Three sentences in and good luck to you if you decide to try holding a conversation with me.

Sames! If I deviate from my shower, or laundry, or dishwashing, or anything order it fucks up my brain and my day. It drives el Senor crazy because he just wants to do shit in random order, which drives me crazy because HE'S NOT DOING IT RIGHT! (Even if the end result is the same.)

Just about everything I do is weird. I will break out into song and/or dance randomly.

If we're sitting around and a random song comes on, I'll say to el Senor "You know that song and the singer/songwriter?" He never does, and then I give him a history on it including album and the year the album was released and often times some other tidbit. It's my super power. It drives him nuts because it's always music that he doesn't listen to so he has zero clue what I'm talking about.

I'll start singing a line from a musical and then shout "Name that musical!" at my coworkers. They never know, and it makes me sad.

I am the queen of weird/lame cursing, like "Poop Snots!" and "Crap Farts", and "Titty Shits!" and so on and so forth.

El Senor is just a weirdo. Like, HE DOESN"T DO THINGS IN ANY ORDER! It's just all chaos! That's really all I can pick on him for, right now. lol

"Stuart was scared, but he loved Margalo, Mommy. And there is nothing bigger than love." -The Bean
     "His farts smell like Satan's asshole mixed with a skunk's vagina. But it's okay, because I love him." -CSousa

• I also do the "cricket feet" thing, only I call them "sleepy feet." My dad does it, too, but I doubt that I really learned that behavior. I only do it when I'm really tired, and it's a good indicator that I want to go to bed.

I have tons of weird expressions, and don't usually know I'm making them. Most involve my eyebrow(s).

I sleep with a stuffed animal or 5, and they're all important to me. Any guy who was not OK with my sleeping with a stuffed animal, or who made fun of them in any way, would get dumped immediately and that's not a joke. Mo was super supportive of it, and I fell in love with him when I found out he had his own stuffed animal. B is super supportive of it and has added to my collection. 

I have a lot of things that I'm pretty precise about in my house. All of them are because they make life easier/less confusing, but they usually piss people off because they are precise. It's taken B a year to figure these all out. For example, when putting dishes in the dishwasher, each utensil type has its own section so when you unload, you can just pull a handful of silverware and put it in the correct slot in the drawer. If there are two light switches that control the overhead light to a room, don't use the wrong one to turn it off or it will incorrectly be in the "on" position. This one drives me mad. 

Every single time B sits up from a reclined position, he burps.

B and I have words that mean different things. "Snoozles" means nap time (also, the name of my stuffed sheep from B). "Tyty" is tired. "Anudder one" means we want to watch TV (started because we'd want to watch another of the same show we were binge-watching). 

I know I have a ton more because I'm such a weirdo. I have to think. 

To the bolded: we should be roommates because I do the same things too and it drives me nuts when it's not done right!
    OF COURSE YOU BOTH SEGREGATE YOUR SILVERWARE. I didn't add that in my dishwasher annoyance, but I don't understand how this ISN'T COMMON PRACTICE!! It makes unloading SO much easier!

• Ok can I just say this thread is hilarious to read?

I don't do the cricket feet thing, but I interlock my big toes together and lay like that ALL the time.  And (I used to be in ballet/pointe etc for around 14 years) my feet naturally point now - it's hard for me to flex them to look like everyone else does when they lay down.

If I get super focused on something (i.e. when I get into cake-decorating) I tend to let my tongue hang out of my mouth and not realize it.

I HATE sustained skin-on-skin contact (besides, you know, during sexy times).  Even at the gym - if I'm in Pilates class and we have to sit cross-legged for something, I have to wrap a towel around one leg so I don't have that icky feeling.  There has to be some sort of cloth barrier in between.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I don't know if this is weird or not but I follow a certain routine in the shower every single time. It kind of bothers me to deviate from it. Wash my body, wash my face, shampoo, and then condition my hair last. When I eat pumpkin pie I cover the entire slice, top sides and back, in whipped cream before eating it. I used to be a crust first and "tasty part" last person too but now I just like food a lot and the crust tastes good too so I don't particularly care where I start. I still prefer cake slices from the center rather than the edge. But edge and corner brownies are the best because they are slightly crispy.

Sames! If I deviate from my shower, or laundry, or dishwashing, or anything order it fucks up my brain and my day. It drives el Senor crazy because he just wants to do shit in random order, which drives me crazy because HE'S NOT DOING IT RIGHT! (Even if the end result is the same.)

Just about everything I do is weird. I will break out into song and/or dance randomly.

If we're sitting around and a random song comes on, I'll say to el Senor "You know that song and the singer/songwriter?" He never does, and then I give him a history on it including album and the year the album was released and often times some other tidbit. It's my super power. It drives him nuts because it's always music that he doesn't listen to so he has zero clue what I'm talking about.

I'll start singing a line from a musical and then shout "Name that musical!" at my coworkers. They never know, and it makes me sad.

I am the queen of weird/lame cursing, like "Poop Snots!" and "Crap Farts", and "Titty Shits!" and so on and so forth.

El Senor is just a weirdo. Like, HE DOESN"T DO THINGS IN ANY ORDER! It's just all chaos! That's really all I can pick on him for, right now. lol

This made me snort laugh. I fucking love you.

• We both have to sleep with the closet door shut. If its open, I find myself staring at it and despising it. I'm not sure what's up with that...
    Anniversary

• KateJ16 said:
    Ok can I just say this thread is hilarious to read?

I don't do the cricket feet thing, but I interlock my big toes together and lay like that ALL the time.  And (I used to be in ballet/pointe etc for around 14 years) my feet naturally point now - it's hard for me to flex them to look like everyone else does when they lay down.

If I get super focused on something (i.e. when I get into cake-decorating) I tend to let my tongue hang out of my mouth and not realize it.

I HATE sustained skin-on-skin contact (besides, you know, during sexy times).  Even at the gym - if I'm in Pilates class and we have to sit cross-legged for something, I have to wrap a towel around one leg so I don't have that icky feeling.  There has to be some sort of cloth barrier in between.
    OMG! Not only does the blanket have to be over my butt, but also between my legs. I HATE when my legs touch. 

This becomes an added issue because I also can't sleep in pants. Cropped leggings, SOMETIMES, if it's really really really cold, but 98% of the time, it's underwear or naked. No sweatshirts either. I move a lot in my sleep, so I get all tangled up. 

Apparently I've always been this way. My mom would come in when I was a baby, and I'd have my footie pajamas unzipped & off my legs. A few years ago at Christmas time I was at my parent's house, and went to get out of bed, and was like "Um, I had on leggings when I went to bed." and they were in a pile on the floor. I took them off in my sleep. My mom just laughed at me.

Also, I'm really glad we're all a bunch of weirdos <3

• My weird thing...

When I get out of the shower, I have to dry off in the SAME order every time, or I don't feel dry.  First I wring out my hair.  Then I dry my face, then neck, then left arm, then right arm, then torso, then right leg, then left leg, then back, then hair.

DH's weird things...

1)  You can always tell when he's been somewhere.  He leaves all the drawers and cabinets open.

2)  DH comes home, drops his pants, and leaves them in the living room.  Every time.
  • Let's see… 
    I also eat the crusts first, the middle is the BEST! 
    I hate it when people load the dishwasher with silverware pointing up. I don't want your dirty hands touching that after it's been cleaned! 
    I rub my feet together when I'm laying in bed to fall asleep

Q shakes… And by shakes, I mean it's kind of like Restless Leg Syndrome or whatever. He just has to be moving constantly. 
    And he'll kill me for this one, but when he gets REALLY excited, he will start flapping his hands

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards