Wisconsin
Options

Wedding Day Weather Concern

My FI and I are getting married the Sunday of Memorial Day weekend in 2015. The venue we are leaning toward has the option of a tent reception (with no indoor alternative if the weather is bad). Our only concern is that the weather in Wisconsin can be unpredictable Memorial Day weekend. Though the tent has heaters, I don't think anyone will be thrilled about being in a tent if its gross outside. Any thoughts or advice?

Re: Wedding Day Weather Concern

• Options
    Have you talked to the rental company about tent options.  When we first looked at venues we saw a couple of tents with a floor installed.  This was a nice touch incase of inclimate weather. 
  • Options
    If it gets chilly, you can drop the sides of most tents. Between the heaters and just the body heat from everyone, the sides of the tent will trap in heat and make it pretty cozy. Now, if your guests have to dash out of the tent to use a bathroom, that may be a different story. Often, it is the breeze that makes it so cold for guests, but the plastic tent sides eliminate that also.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards