Wedding Etiquette Forum

Bouquet toss rudeness?

2»

Re: Bouquet toss rudeness?

• I agree.  FI & I have been together over 7 years and anytime someone insists I participate in a bouquet toss I roll my eyes.  I haven't willingly participated in one since I was in high school.
    Formerly known as flutterbride2b
  • I agree.  FI & I have been together over 7 years and anytime someone insists I participate in a bouquet toss I roll my eyes.  I haven't willingly participated in one since I was in high school.
    Has anyone said when you say no "You're not married so you're technically single still?" Just curious what your reaction has been or would be =) Congrats on being together for so long.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Blegh!  That would've ruffled my feathers too OP!

I didn't have a bouquet toss at my wedding, I think it's so dumb.  I never participated in them when I was younger and single (if I got dragged up by someone I just stood in the background lol).

• eileenrob said:

Blegh!  That would've ruffled my feathers too OP!

I didn't have a bouquet toss at my wedding, I think it's so dumb.  I never participated in them when I was younger and single (if I got dragged up by someone I just stood in the background lol).

I've participated in 2. One where I was about 11? I was frickin trampled. It was not fun. >.<

The second time was last June. Caught the bouquet....funny thing is my FI had just proposed to me the weekend before. HAHAHA the bouquet smacked me right in the face.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • My last toss was at a friend of DHs wedding 9 days before ours.  I hate going out for the tosses, so I just tend to hang out on the back edge and get out of the way if the bouquet is coming my way.  In my circle here, there's the bouquet toss and the garter toss for single guys, but nothing else comes of it.  There's no dance between the two catchers or anything, just a bit of good natured ribbing from family or friends about being the next to get married.  I'm glad there's nothing else.  

For the record, I'm not a fan of the toss and we didn't do one.  We also didn't do a garter search as neither of us wanted DH to put his head up my dress in front of everyone.  He's pretty shy in that regard and I don't see the point.  

• Let the people say. You know what you have to do. So just chill out.

Hawaii Weddings

@KnotPorscha, vendor

• We kind of rigged it at our wedding last weekend, as I knew my brother was going to propose to his girlfriend a few days later.  Of course neither was in the room when the DJ started things so we had to find them.  A few days later, my now soon to be sister in law, understood why it was so important for her to be out there.
  • We kind of rigged it at our wedding last weekend, as I knew my brother was going to propose to his girlfriend a few days later.  Of course neither was in the room when the DJ started things so we had to find them.  A few days later, my now soon to be sister in law, understood why it was so important for her to be out there.
    Oh my god that is awesome!!! Congrats to them!!!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • That is pretty clever! That's awesome!
  • I decided not to do a bouquet toss for this same reason. A few months back my FI and I were at a wedding that he was standing up in. At the time of the bouquet toss no one pushed me to go out on the dance floor but when it was time for the garter toss he was called out and forced to participate because he was "in the wedding party" this kind of offended me because it made me feel like to his friends I was not a legit enough person to be this man's soon to be wife. I let it go but it made me realize I would never want anyone to feel that way at my wedding so instead we are doing the shoe game.
  • How awful! I'm sorry to hear that! I can understand wanting the bridal party to get involved but doing that to someone in a relationship and ignoring the SO was inappropriate!
  • Yeah just as my parents finish with one wedding, now they have another one to deal with, June 2015 they are looking at.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards