Pennsylvania-Pittsburgh
Options

Morning Glory Inn

Hey ya. Listen, I need a bit of help. We looked at this place for about 80 people, we love the non-traditional formality of it all. I'm having some reservations about it and just want to see if any of you have been to an event there. 

We've seen lots of bad, lots of good and I've basically stalked every online photographer that has done the venue. I'm just not sure but I know I want something more along this line. 

So... if you have been here or toured here what are your thoughts? Also, what other weddings have you been to that have been a unique venue that is free flowing without a lot of the formalities you see in like a hotel or hall?
May 2013 August Siggy: The Hair AHHHHHHHHHHHHH! NO idea! Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Morning Glory Inn

• Options
    cgyvhucgyvhu member
    Combo Breaker First Anniversary First Comment
    someone just posted a terrible review on this place and said the management was horrible.  I've never read a good review of this place after being on this board for over 2 years.

We did 80 people at the Pittsburgh Golf Club.
  • Options
    Yeah, there was a pretty awful review for a recent wedding there, so I'd look elsewhere if I were you.
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I just got married there in June of this year and though a lovely space, it is absolutely not worth the stress that you will go through with the owner.  He was terrible to every single vendor that I had and was rude to the guests staying at the B and B.  I don't like to give bad reviews, but I honestly couldn't feel good about recommending this place to anyone else.  Yes, it was a beautiful event.  No, it was not worth the VERY high price just to rent the space, only to be treated with continual disrespect. 

Good luck with your search!  Lingrow Farms has lovely weddings and great staff.  I would also rec The Priory if you're looking for a Victorian sort of venue similar to Morning Glory (unfortunately it wasn't available for our date).
  • Options
    I did read the terrible review and told my fiance not to withdraw the cash (he told us hed give us a discount if we paid in cash). I knew i should have followed my gut on him... It's really a shame. Thanks for all the help and I want to read the bad as much as the good. It's hard to give a bad review but when it's all said and done - THANK YOU. I'll check out the PGH Golf Club and The Priory.
    May 2013 August Siggy: The Hair AHHHHHHHHHHHHH! NO idea! Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards