Attire & Accessories Forum
Options

Wedding Band in Bridal Portraits?!

2»

Re: Wedding Band in Bridal Portraits?!

• Options
    @aefitz29  same here.. I love my mom's bridal portraits!!! I couldn't imagine not having mine done!  And I'm glad I'm not the only one that thinks calling it stupid comes off that way.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    PolarBearFitzPolarBearFitz member
    First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    edited December 2013
    I am not going to tell someone their dress/venue/flowers are stupid if I think it is for whatever reason.  It's just insulting and unkind.

I may tell them a perception it gives off or a way I would do it instead. Being constructive is a better choice IMHO.

I'll be stupid proud to have my bridal portraits done just like my mom if I decide to do that.

LydiaJoy12 to answer your initial question, I cannot remember ever even looking at my mom's band in her pictures. Just her happy happy face. I don't think it matters either way.
  • Options
    Sorry but calling bridal portraits stupid is not an insult. Calling someone stupid is. Bridal portraits are stupid to me, just like I think having engagement pictures are stupid. 

I am not insulting the people who do them. I am not saying that you are stupid for liking them and/or getting them done. I am saying that I think that the actual product is stupid, pointless, dumb, or whatever word you want to call it.

• Options
    PolarBearFitzPolarBearFitz member
    First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    edited December 2013
    eh...to-may-to/to-mah-to

Agree to disagree. My opinion is calling an idea/choice of someone's stupid is equivalent to calling them stupid.

Edit due to my failing hard at reading today, I just noticed I missed this whole part:
    'I am not insulting the people who do them. I am not saying that you are stupid for liking them and/or getting them done. I am saying that I think that the actual product is stupid, pointless, dumb, or whatever word you want to call it.'

So if that is what you meant then you have my apologies for my fail face reading today. I blame my headache from hell. I can totally understand those points.

• Options
    aefitz29 said:
    eh...to-may-to/to-mah-to

Agree to disagree. My opinion is calling an idea/choice of someone's stupid is equivalent to calling them stupid.
    So basically you are saying having the opposite opinion is in fact insulting someone and their choices.  Just because I think something is ridiculous (dumb, silly, absurd, foolish...all synonyms for stupid by the way) does not mean that I think that person is ridiculous.

To each their own but if we can't disagree on ideas then we may as well turn into Wedding Bee by validating everyone's ideas.

• Options
    Okay maybe you aren't calling them stupid? But calling their idea or their opinion stupid is saying that what they feel is stupid which in someways can come across as calling them stupid... Is it honestly that hard to just say "I wouldn't have bridal pictures done but if I did I would or wouldn't wear the wedding band"? Instead of I think bridal pictures are stupid, waste of money, pointless... blah blah blah.... And it comes off even more harsh with your tag line.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Sorry but calling bridal portraits stupid is not an insult. Calling someone stupid is. Bridal portraits are stupid to me, just like I think having engagement pictures are stupid. 

I am not insulting the people who do them. I am not saying that you are stupid for liking them and/or getting them done. I am saying that I think that the actual product is stupid, pointless, dumb, or whatever word you want to call it.
    WHAT!!?!?!? I AM SO excited for the engagement pictures!!! How could you not like them???
    Daisypath Wedding tickers
  • Options
    I've just caught up on reading this... and it's mostly off-topic (and I'm not going to help there....)   @Maggie I don't really get engagement pictures either.  We had someone take a picture of us the night we got engaged... but not a whole photoshoot with multiple outfits and locations!  
    I know a lot of photographers use those as a way to get to know the couple, etc before the wedding... but when I see 50+ Facebook pictures of an engaged couple acting lovey-dovey it can seem a little AWish.
  • Options
    I really think that people have become a tad bit too sensitive. If some stranger on an online forum who thinks that bridal portraits is stupid and you were planning on doing bridal portraits results in you either feeling attacked or hurt or insulted, then I really have no words.

• Options

WHAT!!?!?!? I AM SO excited for the engagement pictures!!! How could you not like them???
    I don't see the need in them. Why would I need 200+ pictures of me and my H (well FI At the time) when in just a few months time we will have 900+ pictures of is taken again? What in the world would you even do with that many pictures of yourself? I understand having a nice picture to use for STDs but multiple locations and outfit changes just seems over kill to me. Same reason I think bridal portraits are dumb. How many pictures do you need of yourself in your dress? Same with maternity photos and newborn photos and family photos. Do se no body have their own camera any more and a friend to snap a few pictures? Why the need of hundreds of pictures?

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards