Knottie Tech Help

can't post from laptop!

Now that the login issue on my Kindle has been fixed, now I can't post from my laptop. No new posts, replies, or PMs. When I try I get an error message that says 'body required', even though there is a message typed in the box. If I try a second time to post it, It gets erased and I'm redirected to the main page. I've temporarily had to switch back to IE from Firefox (gotta switch back soon!) So maybe that is part of it?

Re: can't post from laptop!

• We're having a problem with this across all of our sites on our end. I'll pass this info along so that our team can add this as another case.
  • Thank you! I'll just Kindle it for awhile then!
  • I have this problem too on my laptop. But I can post if I use the Show Rich Text button that I have to use to post from my Kindle.

• OK, I can post using rich text button, but when I do that it won't recognize paragraphs. Paragraphs are your friend, yo. I've typed this using paragraphs, so let's see what happens.
  • RebeccaB88RebeccaB88 member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    edited December 2013
    OK, I can post using rich text button, but when I do that it won't recognize paragraphs. Paragraphs are your friend, yo. I've typed this using paragraphs, so let's see what happens. @KnotPorscha, any help? I wrote each sentence as it's own paragraph, using the rich text button. Obviously they aren't showing up. It's cramping my style. And, I still can't post at all without using the rich text button (on laptop, kindle is fine).
  • Aaaand... my second post was an edit of the first, but it showed up as a new post. WTF?
  • Aaaand... my second post was an edit of the first, but it showed up as a new post. WTF?
  • I'm having the same problem!
  • I'm having the same problem!
  • Hey there! I'll follow up with the team this morning.
  • Me too! Same problem!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Btw, I'm on a iPad.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Any update on this? I have to click "show source" to be able to post. It works fine on my work laptop but not on my personal one...baffling!
  • I can still post fine from my kindle, but on my laptop at home I have to use the rich text button or it still says 'body is required'. And if I use the rich text button I can't make paragraphs, which means I either type real short messages or look like an absolute idiot. I can't even make wide spaces to simulate paragraphs, TX crunches them back together for me. And I'm still double posting about half the time. @KnotPorscha?
  • I can still post fine from my kindle, but on my laptop at home I have to use the rich text button or it still says 'body is required'. And if I use the rich text button I can't make paragraphs, which means I either type real short messages or look like an absolute idiot. I can't even make wide spaces to simulate paragraphs, TX crunches them back together for me. And I'm still double posting about half the time. @KnotPorscha?
  • See? And about half the time there's a copy of my message left in the reply box after I post it, and it won't go away.
  • Hey @RebeccaB88 we've made this a priority with the tech team and keep sending updates on what members are experiencing. Hoping it will get resolved soon!
  • I'm having the same issue for about a few weeks now....sent an email & FB message to TK last week but no one got back to me.
    Anniversary

Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Weight Loss Tools

Follow Me on Pinterest
  • I'm having the same issue for about a few weeks now....sent an email & FB message to TK last week but no one got back to me.
    Anniversary

Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Weight Loss Tools

Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Nothing has changed. @KnotPorscha, any updates? This should be a very easy fix.
  • @RebeccaB88 We're still waiting on answers. I'll bring this up again in meetings this afternoon.
  • @KnotPorscha - it's gotten worse now. No paragraphs when posting from my Kindle. That's new. Can still only post using the rich text button, regardless of what machine I use, or what browser.
  • @KnotPorscha - it's gotten worse now. No paragraphs when posting from my Kindle. That's new. Can still only post using the rich text button, regardless of what machine I use, or what browser.
  • @RebeccaB88 Thank you for the update! Sorry these changes are taking so long.
  • @KnotPorscha, another update. Now anything I post using rich text posts twice. AND my security system has started blocking this site about half the time, saying it's detecting phishing software and other security risks. I'm thinking it's maybe some of the ads, since it doesn't happen every time. So, yeah...the more they try to 'fix' things, the worse they make it.
  • Yeah the security risks thing has been on and off for months. It is super annoying.

If I post from my laptop, I always get double posts and it will not allow me to edit them.

I don't know if you (@RebeccaB88) are using HTML tags for paragraphs, but sometimes you can put them in manually when using rich text by starting a paragraph with: < (then a lowercase p) > [no spaces in that]. And closing by doing the same thing but adding a / before the p. Annoying that it even comes down to that, but it helps sometimes. And is actually what I'm having to do right now while posting via rich text on my desktop.

• Well, my security system is doing the same thing on a couple other websites too, but not all that I go to, so that's what's making me think they need to check the ads they're running. Some sites I get no notifications at all from, and one I visit frequently I almost can't get on anymore due to the security alerts. The whole having to do a bunch of things just to get one post to go through on here is just ridiculous. I have friends in programming and IT who desperately need jobs who say this should be a fairly easy fix and no reason why it should take this long. If they lived closer to TK headquarters they'd be beating down their doors, lol.
  • I'm getting the same body required error message when I try to post from IE app or desktop on the Surface Pro. Firefox seems to be fine (but It doesn't have an app, which makes it obnoxious.)

Anniversary
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards