July 2014 Weddings

What type of food?

What type of food are you having? Are you having good night to your guests or a buffet line? If you are doing a buffet line how are going to have your guests go get food? The second I have been to its the wedding party then family then everyone. We went to one this summer where they had the dj asked questions like how many kids does the couple want? And whatever table had the answer went to get food. I would love to do that but I don't want to take that because they will be there. Any other good ideas that are different and fun?!

Re: What type of food?

• What type of food are you having? We are having an Italian meal. It is going to be salad, bread and butter, mostacholli, and then chicken and Filet Mignon with potatoes and green beans. The guests get to pick which meat they want when it is served. Are you having good night to your guests or a buffet line? We are having a family style dinner. Basically we will have multiple waiters / waitresses so that all of the tables get served basically at the same time. If you are doing a buffet line how are going to have your guests go get food? The second I have been to its the wedding party then family then everyone. We went to one this summer where they had the dj asked questions like how many kids does the couple want? And whatever table had the answer went to get food. I would love to do that but I don't want to take that because they will be there. I personally would not do that idea because it could take a while. Any other good ideas that are different and fun?! I don't think you need to make the getting / serving food fun. Let the guests get their food and eat it and then have fun with dancing and celebrating.
    @mrswerner2014

See my answers in red above. Lol.
  • Thanks for your reply! Can I come and try your food.....YUM!!!! I would love to do the serving but no one really does that where we live (Wyoming), and if they do its a small fortune! I would really like to serve Prime rib but looking at 1500$ alone in meat. We will probably end up having brisket, some type of potatoes, beans, and some other stuff. The place that will be catering the food is a restaurant I work at in the summers and all we have to pay for is the food its self, so we be saving on that. We will probably just let everyone go and grab as they feel the need! I really just can't get over your food! 
  • Thanks for your reply! Can I come and try your food.....YUM!!!! I would love to do the serving but no one really does that where we live (Wyoming), and if they do its a small fortune! I would really like to serve Prime rib but looking at 1500$ alone in meat. We will probably end up having brisket, some type of potatoes, beans, and some other stuff. The place that will be catering the food is a restaurant I work at in the summers and all we have to pay for is the food its self, so we be saving on that. We will probably just let everyone go and grab as they feel the need! I really just can't get over your food! 
    @mrswerner2014

You can come with me when I know when my food tasting is. Lol. I think what you're planning on having for dinner sounds good to me :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards