Snarky Brides
Options

Lamest wedding pins

2»

Re: Lamest wedding pins

• Options
    @musikalbunni I'm doing a grooms cake for FI in shape of a 68 Mustang GT. I know a bakery near us that specializes in groom and specialty cakes to make them really realistic. He isn't very excited about the wedding in general (he is just looking forward to the marriage part), so this will be my surprise for him. 
    ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ 
    Funny Awkward animated GIF
  • Options
    Update!!! I showed my fiancé the Twilight pictures and said in my most serious voice "I think this is what I want to do for our wedding photos", at first he was confused by the symbolism, so I explained I wanted a Twilight themed engagement shoot (it took me every effort to maintain a straight face) and he was all, "No way! I can't even imagine what kind of a guy would even agree to something so lame" at that point I cracked up and was all, "I'm totally kidding btw." He already guessed that I couldn't be serious.
  • Options
    A long time ago, the wedding cake was called a "Bride's cake" so maybe that's where the groom's cake came from? Or that traditionally the wedding cake is white, so the groom's cake was a way to have something with more personality? Personally we wanted multiple cake options, so my cake was red velvet, and his was chocolate and vanilla dirt cake with a 3 ft gummy worm on top.
  • Options
    @CLI242009 my bouquets are made from book page flowers. Mine is Princess Bride, but my bridesmaids have Harry Potter, Game of Thrones, and Lord of the Rings. My something blue will be a TARDIS pin on the inside of my dress. I truly appreciate your nerdom!
    O_O OMG YOU ARE AWESOME!!! Hahaha that is seriously very creative. This is the first I have ever heard of this. I mean I've seen/heard about flowers made out of paper but not this. That is so awesome!!! No madam I appreciate YOUR nerdom ^_^!!!!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    CLI242009 said:
    elBecko said:
    One of my fb friends has her pins show up in her news feed, and this pretty much summarizes her wedding pins. She actually wants to do this instead of a groom's cake.

It's all glittery camo, blaze orange, and cowboy boots. Funny thing is, she's from a major city in SoCal so I'm not sure when she turned into a country princess. She is also WAY into anything that has the word "Bride" or "Mrs." bedazzled on it. 
    Wow that summary just combined pretty much every pin that makes me gag into one big tacky blob XD
    I'm not a big drinker, nor am I a party person. So for me...that just looks like trouble waiting to happen lol.

Although your description of what she wants just well....huh??? Cowboy boots, I have seen done and can be quite cute if you pull it off correctly for the couple or bridal party. Glittery camo....umm doesn't make sense at all and what the hell does Blaze orange look like? When I read that I think of prison inmate attire o.O
    @CLI242009,  It essentially is like prison garb orange.  Blaze orange is what hunters wear so they are visible to other hunters.  In some states, hunters are required to wear a certain amount of it because there are so many hunters all hunting at the same time and because some hunters are complete idiots and don't make sure they know 100% positive what is there before shooting and will just shoot at movement.  Blaze orange makes you visible because it's a color not found in nature.

When people have camo formal wear, they'll oftentimes add some Blaze Orange in (like that pic of Honey Boo Boo's mom farther up the thread) because it "goes" (as much as anything can "go" with camo.)

• Options
    lovesclimbing - Okay for hunting that makes sense. For weddings... I'm just going to be blunt. That is frickin retarded!

I just...don't know about people in the world anymore

http://www.my-favorite-coloring.net/Images/Large/Famous-characters-Troll-face-Are-you-kidding-me-140996.png
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Musikalbunni I agree.. A wedding cake should be for both people, not just the bride. Soon the wedding industry will tell us we need a bridesmaid cake, a groomsman cake, a mother of the bride cake (my mom would LOVE that one)...

Daisypath Anniversary tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers

• Options

I don't mean this in a snarky way at all, but I find it a bit fascinating that a few posters are anti-groom's cakes. I think they are very common in some regions of the country and "not so much" in others. For example, I grew up on the West Coast and didn't really see them there, but currently live in the South and they have been at every wedding I have gone to.  And then my mom was excited when I told her DH and I wanted a groom's cake because she said she remembers them from Hawaii (where she grew up), but rarely sees them in CA, lol.

The reason we decided to have a groom's cake was because the wedding cake was not going to have any chocolate in it and my DH wanted a chocolate cake. But he and I decided on the exact flavors/icings for both of the cakes. And, at least for the bakery we chose, it really wasn't much more expensive to have two cakes than it would have been to have had one bigger cake. 

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Groom's cakes are really big around here, and they're always themed with something the guy likes... like a sports team or Harley Davidson theme or something.

We really didn't want that, but our favorite dessert is Tiramisu, so H decided to just have Tiramisu as his "groom's cake" so to speak.  I mean, I guess it wasn't really a traditional groom's cake, but it was just so that we could have the regular wedding cake plus our favorite dessert.  People liked it though!  But no, no kitschy theme or anything.

I don't really have a problem with the themed groom's cakes either, I guess, it's just not really us.

SaveSave
  • Options
    Those of you having a groom's cake, when are you serving it??
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    tcnoble said:
    Those of you having a groom's cake, when are you serving it??
    I have no idea.... I'm assuming with the other cake/desserts? I've actually never been to a wedding with a groom's cake, but am thinking I would like to do one for my FI. He's been SO flexible about giving me what I want for the wedding, I want to make sure he feels himself in our day too :) I think that's why a lot of ppl have groom's cakes- the weddings themselves sometimes get so bride-centric that's it's a nice way to remember the other guy there :)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    @lizzypoo96 that's exactly why I'm doing one too :) FI is a race car driver so I'm going to have a grooms cake that looks like his car. I've heard of people serving it at the rehearsal dinner, which I might do. Hmm.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I felt this image was worth sharing considering the new subject matter on cake :)
    I wear this title proudly!
  • Options
    I've seen couples do a grooms cake at the rehearsal dinner as well, just incase it doesn't fit into your wedding day for some reason!!
  • Options
  • Options
    I'm 53 and have lived in OH and MI.  I don't remember ever going to a wedding that DIDN'T have a groom's cake!

My FSIL is in the military and wants NO military anything at the wedding.  That's cool.  However, he is also a major nerd and is hoping like a 4 year old that he gets a Transformer's groom's cake.  I think it is hysterical and so does DD.  FTR - he is born and raised in IN and he seems to know about groom's cakes.

I have seen them served at weddings but after all my years on the boards I have read of couples serving them at the RD.  DD likes that idea quite a bit but isn't opposed to having it at the wedding either.  We just need a dessert at the RD so it serves a dual purpose.
  • Options
    Neither of my sibs had a grooms cake. Brother and SIL had cake, plus cookies and these little wineglasses of butterscotch pudding. We're having a luncheon reception. Doing a small classic white cake, but also offering fresh fruit chocolate fondue (per FI's request). 

FI and I are still hammering out the cocktail appies- he really really wants some sort of cheese fondue. I'm not sure we'll be able to do it.
  • Options
    Amyzen83 said:
    I felt this image was worth sharing considering the new subject matter on cake :)
    Holy crap!!! I completely forgot they frickin called him that!!! O.O Hahaha that is awesome!!! *applauds you for finding this*

doeydo - I'm not okay with using the kids/BP/anyone as props for your wedding but I do like the signs - to an extent. The cell phone sign I've never seen done before (and that's just rude) the only time that I've seen cell phones required to be shut off is in a church. (Not always the case but I have seen it done).

I've seen the cuter signs with "Uncle ___ here comes your girl" "Your gal is coming" - something along those lines I think are very sweet and cute. The ones you posted above are the ones I do not like. I don't like when people make the jokes of "run before it's too late". To me those are making fun of the couple or not taking the ceremony seriously. That's just me though.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    CLI242009 said:
    Amyzen83 said:
    Holy crap!!! I completely forgot they frickin called him that!!! O.O Hahaha that is awesome!!! *applauds you for finding this*

doeydo - I'm not okay with using the kids/BP/anyone as props for your wedding but I do like the signs - to an extent. The cell phone sign I've never seen done before (and that's just rude) the only time that I've seen cell phones required to be shut off is in a church. (Not always the case but I have seen it done).

I've seen the cuter signs with "Uncle ___ here comes your girl" "Your gal is coming" - something along those lines I think are very sweet and cute. The ones you posted above are the ones I do not like. I don't like when people make the jokes of "run before it's too late". To me those are making fun of the couple or not taking the ceremony seriously. That's just me though.
    I've seen several things on pintrest that play off the "run before it's too late" concept. The ones that really bug me are gift ideas for the groom from the bride. I can't remember most of them but one was a pair of sock with a tag "to warm up your cold feet" or something silly like that. If you're going to give your guy a gift get him something he'll like, not a pair of socks (unless he really likes socks, but then don't attach the silly saying to it)
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards