Chit Chat
Options

Talk me down

2»

Re: Talk me down

• Options
    So your FI didn't care enough to remember (ever) or call/acknowledge, and your FMIL didn't care enough to invite you and FI to a birthday event...

If they don't care, why do YOU? If it's so important to you to be included in her birthday, then make sure you write it down and make it happen next year. But it sounds like you don't even LIKE this woman, so it seems really nitpicky to be upset that you weren't invited.
  • Options
    Wait...I think I'm missing something. 

Explain again how it's FMIL's fault that you and D don't know or care about her birthday?
    Image result for someecard betting someone half your shit youll love them forever
  • Options
    If she's on Facebook (which apparently she is), her birthday would pop up on his or your Facebook. So, yeah, I'm with PP. this is completely your FI's fault.
    There are some people that choose not to share the day and month on their profile, so the birthday notification does not necessarily pop up for everyone.  I consider FB the devil.  It causes so much unnecessary drama.  Had you not seen that post, OP, none of this would never have unfolded.

There is clearly more to this family dynamic than a lack of birthdate knowledge.  Since your FI knew FMIL's birthday is in the month of December, he could have called her early in the month to see if she had any plans for her birthday.  It seems like you reacted to this news based on YOUR family dynamics.  It doesn't seem to be as big an issue for his family.  
  • Options
    Wait...I think I'm missing something. 

Explain again how it's FMIL's fault that you and D don't know or care about her birthday?
    If I didn't care..I wouldn't be upset. But again..I overreacted. There is a lot more to the dynamic then what is shared, but that's neither here nor there...I was being irrational in the first place.
    Anniversary
  • Options
    PolarBearFitzPolarBearFitz member
    First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    edited December 2013
    Facebook doesn't cause drama. People who don't think before they post or overreact to posts cause drama. Entirely the human aspect that causes problems on Facebook or any social media of any kind.

It's a gun, it's not going to go off unless you load it and you pull the trigger.
  • Options
    1.  You're overreacting.

2.  This is not your place.  This is your SO's mother…not yours.  HE can dictate what your (as a couple) relationship with her will be.  Not you.  And if he chooses to go visit for Christmas, you should suck it up and go with him.  It's not your job to like his mother.  It IS your job to support whatever relationship he chooses to have with her.
  • Options
    aefitz29 said:
    Facebook doesn't cause drama. People who don't think before they post or overreact to posts cause drama. Entirely the human aspect that causes problems on Facebook or any social media of any kind.

It's a gun, it's not going to go off unless you load it and you pull the trigger.
    That is what I meant but phrased it poorly.  The way people post every minutia of their lives, and the way people read/react to everything they see posted, creates so many unnecessary headaches for themselves.  
  • Options
    PolarBearFitzPolarBearFitz member
    First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    edited December 2013
    mobkaz said:
    aefitz29 said:

That is what I meant but phrased it poorly.  The way people post every minutia of their lives, and the way people read/react to everything they see posted, creates so many unnecessary headaches for themselves.  
    YUP. It's ridiculous. I completely agree.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards