Chit Chat
Options

Why?

Why do people feel they can be so rude and judge mental to others just because they are behind a computer screen? People are looking for helpful comments, not judgmental toned ones. Not everyone can afford or wants the same kind of wedding. I just wish people could be happy for others and keep their negative comments to themselves.

Re: Why?

• Options
    We are more than willing to be happy for people.

We are not more than willing to validate bad ideas, validate rudeness, or blow smoke up someone's ass because they think they're a SPESHUL SNOFLAKE who deserves to be exempt from the basic rules of etiquette and proper hosting.

See, like this...there was no reason to be rude about it. I am all for being honest with people, but there is a polite way to say things and a rude way. I totally understand that some people have bad ideas, however, it is not our place to be mean and hurtful.
  • Options
    Some people are just mean.   Some people are oversensitive.  Some people need a direct blunt responses.  Some people have really thin skin.

The internet is full of all kinds of personalties all in one place.   If you choose to ask a question on the internet you have to deal with getting a response you might not like.  If you can't handle it I suggest not posting.
    This is true...people do need to be prepared for a whole slew of people when they post things online.
  • Options
    You have to lurk and rrealize the opinions of people you are talking to. I'm sorry to say it, but you set yourself up in the potluck thread. If you read through 4 pages of anti potluck and then post a pro potluck statement there should be no suprises when hell opens upon you.

I personally think a lot of snarky comments in general are unnecessary, but the commentors main points are typically correct.

I consider myself fairly smart and am confident I am commiting no etiquette faux pas but I will still not post a single thing on the E board. I just don't have the heart because I'm soft and I know it.
  • Options
    I'll be honest. Sometimes posters on here can be a little harsh. But the majority of the time, they ARE trying to help by stopping you from doing something you might not realize is completely rude. I looked under your profile to see what threads you are referring to. 

You should move your wedding up to earlier, or to later if you don't plan to serve a meal. Do you have to? No. You don't have to do anything you don't want to, and technically you can do whatever you want with the justification of "It's my day". In the long run, your guests might still be hungry, miserable, and wanting to leave. Do you really think it should be only about you?

Same thing goes for the potluck wedding you commented on. A wedding reception isn't just like any other party. The reception is to thank your guests for coming to witness your marriage. How can you properly thank your guests when you are expecting them to provide the food? I understand a reception is a celebration of the marriage, but its also to take care of your guests for being a part of your day. People on here may tell you things you or others might not want to hear, but they'll tell you what the right thing to do is.

I'm glad I found TK when I did, because the wedding industry almost had me asking my future in-laws for money for the wedding, which I realize now is completely tactless and rude. Seeing other points of view on the subject saved me from embarrassment and offended in-laws. 
    We fully plan to inform people that there will only be desserts and beverages. If they want to leave, they can leave. If it were up to only me...half of the people we invited wouldn't be there anyhow. Ha. For us, it's just a small get together after the wedding and if you don't want to come, you don't have to. We are doing everything really laid back. He'll, my dress isn't even going to cost me $200. It's kind of like we are going camping with friends and happen to be getting married. We have really laid back friends and family who don't expect a formal event in the least bit. I also fully believe that there is no ONE right way to do things and people need to do what works for them. If people are offended, too bad. As far as the potluck, yes, not the prime thing to do....however, if that's what they want to do, that's their choice. Hopefully they have less judgmental folks in their lives. How do we know that aside from providing the met, they're not skimping on everything else. ...But that's not what this post was about. So I am over defending my support and our choice in potential wedding time and reception offerings.
  • Options
    SwazzleSwazzle member
    First Anniversary First Answer First Comment 5 Love Its
    edited January 2014

I wish this was a perfect world where people weren't asshats. But I've found that some people just like to say things to people that they can't say in real life. I've dealt with it on some of the boards here as well as another forum as well. Try to just brush it off your shoulder and realize these people don't know who you are and you never have to deal with them in real life.

OMG.  You're SERIOUSLY going to come over here and start with the brushing your shoulders off GIFs like you're a badass?

Meanwhile you've RUN from TWO message boards FULL of people who have ALL called you out for being a lazy, selfish, useless, DRAIN ON SOCIETY who is FULL OF EXCUSES FOR EVERYTHING IMAGINABLE?!?!?!

I just can't.

Let me be CLEAR, sweetheart, I have been FIGHTING the STRONG urge to say it IRL...especially because you were stupid enough to give us all your REAL name.  And a simple search of Facebook and LinkedIn tells us all the names of your BF, his family, your place of work, etc.  Maybe you should stop bitching about how mean we all are and start thanking your goddamn lucky stars that no one has emailed your boss yet and clued him into what you're REALLY up to all fucking day long.

Maybe she should check out the Treehouse? Maybe they'll see she's just misunderstood?

Oh, no wait.

• Options
    Side note @Angusaur FI recently saw that Browning heart symbol and flipped the fuck out over it and now thinks it should be a motif in our wedding. Anyway, that's it. Carry on!
  • Options
    I wish this was a perfect world where people weren't asshats. But I've found that some people just like to say things to people that they can't say in real life. I've dealt with it on some of the boards here as well as another forum as well. Try to just brush it off your shoulder and realize these people don't know who you are and you never have to deal with them in real life.
    OMG.  You're SERIOUSLY going to come over here and start with the brushing your shoulders off GIFs like you're a badass?

Meanwhile you've RUN from TWO message boards FULL of people who have ALL called you out for being a lazy, selfish, useless, DRAIN ON SOCIETY who is FULL OF EXCUSES FOR EVERYTHING IMAGINABLE?!?!?!

I just can't.

Let me be CLEAR, sweetheart, I have been FIGHTING the STRONG urge to say it IRL...especially because you were stupid enough to give us all your REAL name.  And a simple search of Facebook and LinkedIn tells us all the names of your BF, his family, your place of work, etc.  Maybe you should stop bitching about how mean we all are and start thanking your goddamn lucky stars that no one has emailed your boss yet and clued him into what you're REALLY up to all fucking day long.
    Actually, sweetheart, I just google searched myself and there are too many women who share my same exact real name so trying to narrow that down would take a while. And my FB is private so getting any information there isn't going to do you any good.

And you aren't the first person who's threatened to email or call my boss to tell him how much of a "useless sack of shit" I am. Wouldn't matter anyway since I have access to his email account because I answer all his emails and can easily shut that shit down.

I've admitted I'm immature, but I'm not selfish, a drama queen or any of the other shit you say. You don't mean shit to me so your opinion of me doesn't fucking matter to me.

I get my work done each and every day. At least I don't follow people around to threads just to attack them. Have a great life!
    You poor thing.  You really are dumber than a box of rocks.

To be clear, I didn't threaten you.  I simply pointed out that someone CAN do this EASILY, whether you've deluded yourself to believe otherwise or not.
  • Options

I just can't.

Actually, sweetheart, I just google searched myself and there are too many women who share my same exact real name so trying to narrow that down would take a while. And my FB is private so getting any information there isn't going to do you any good.

And you aren't the first person who's threatened to email or call my boss to tell him how much of a "useless sack of shit" I am. Wouldn't matter anyway since I have access to his email account because I answer all his emails and can easily shut that shit down.

I've admitted I'm immature, but I'm not selfish, a drama queen or any of the other shit you say. You don't mean shit to me so your opinion of me doesn't fucking matter to me.

I get my work done each and every day. At least I don't follow people around to threads just to attack them. Have a great life!
    Did you SERIOUSLY just admit that you would delete e-mails before your boss could see them in an effort to protect yourself? Are you really that dumb?
    I'd delete them or send them to the spam folder if I got to them first. But even if he did get to them first, I can easily say that people are crazy and have no fucking clue what they are talking about.
    It's called a screen shot.  Showing all of the shit you have talked about your job and your boss.  Aren't you so glad you've got that avatar pic up?

Every time you post something new, I wonder what happened to social darwinism.
  • Options
    Which of the following do you think might affect a company wanting to hire you full-time?

A) Not going to work at all because you were running late
    B) MOSTLY showing up for work on time
    C) Being unable to conduct a simple google search
    D) All of the above

• Options
    What the fuck ever. I've been looking for a new job for months now anyway. Have a phone interview for one tomorrow morning on my drive into work. Had one on Monday. Being let go from a temp job won't affect me any, other than to continue to find a more permanent job.

But have fun. Really do. It must make your life so much better to sit here and tell me I'm a selfish, useless drama queen because obviously my existence makes your life a living hell.
    Your existence doesn't affect my life at all, but it's cute that you feel that important.  Your insistence on playing the victim/martyr and running from one message board to the next crying, "Poor me," whenever you don't like being called out on your shenanigans is what bothers me.  Your insistence on spouting every possible excuse imaginable bothers me.  Your refusal to heed sound advice bothers me.  Your refusal to own up to your insanity bothers me.  Like, FFS, if you NEED a message board in your life, accept your flames, become self-aware, and make improvements.  Jumping from one place to a newer one where there's a chance people may not know what an absolute TRAIN WRECK you are is not a good plan.

But if you're too lazy to do that, which you've demonstrated you are, my advice is to stop looking for work.  I have a brilliant plan for you.  You can author an encyclopedia of excuses.  Yep.  That's your get rich quick scheme right there.  ;)
  • Options
    Swazzle said:
    Which of the following do you think might affect a company wanting to hire you full-time? A) Not going to work at all because you were running late B) MOSTLY showing up for work on time C) Being unable to conduct a simple google search D) All of the above
    BTW, the current job I have I've actually showed up early on every day I go in unless there was a reason I was running late, like getting a flat tire or going to a doctor's appointment.

The main reason I stayed home the day my battery died was because even after getting a new battery, I didn't want to get to work and when I leave to go home, having it not start up at all in below freezing temps.

And I can do a simple google search, hon. Do it all the time. Have to for my job.

Thanks for playing.
    NO WONDER YOU'RE NOT PERMANENT.  YOU'RE COMPLETELY INEPT!  FFS!
  • Options
    Swazzle said:
    Which of the following do you think might affect a company wanting to hire you full-time? A) Not going to work at all because you were running late B) MOSTLY showing up for work on time C) Being unable to conduct a simple google search D) All of the above
    BTW, the current job I have I've actually showed up early on every day I go in unless there was a reason I was running late, like getting a flat tire or going to a doctor's appointment.

The main reason I stayed home the day my battery died was because even after getting a new battery, I didn't want to get to work and when I leave to go home, having it not start up at all in below freezing temps.

And I can do a simple google search, hon. Do it all the time. Have to for my job.

Thanks for playing.
    NO WONDER YOU'RE NOT PERMANENT.  YOU'RE COMPLETELY INEPT!  FFS!
  • Options
    Go fuck yourself. That's what I say to you.

I am making my life better. I'm going to a therapist, I'm looking for a more permanent job closer to where I will be living with my BF.

Being attacked at every damn thing I say is completely different than being called out. Being followed around by a bunch of internet strangers intent on making people aware of the "Crazy Bubbles" is completely different than being called out. So yeah, go fuck yourself.
    We're not following you around. You keep coming back here. Do you understand the difference?

None of us went to the Treehouse ProBoards and called you out on your crazy. We figured you were gone from here, good riddance, and all was well with the world.

Then your crazy blew up over there (I watched), and now you're back. But that's not us chasing you. That's you chasing drama and validation.
    Anniversary

I'm gonna go with 'not my circus, not my monkeys.'
  • Options
    And really? You ladies really have no lives if you have to constantly make fun of someone on TWO boards. Honestly, you all say I'm exhausting. Look in the fucking mirror.
    Honey, I have followed you and lurked on your issues on both boards. Just get off the internet. Its not doing you any good. Somedays I think people are flat out nasty to you and I don't always agree with what's said to you. But just hanging around someplace where you don't fit in or are wanted isn't standing up for yourself, its just plain stupidity. PLEASE (and I really say this from the bottom of my heart) get off message boards until you have something else to contribute other than your daily problems. 
    Anniversary
  • Options

I am making my life better. I'm going to a therapist, I'm looking for a more permanent job closer to where I will be living with my BF.

Being attacked at every damn thing I say is completely different than being called out. Being followed around by a bunch of internet strangers intent on making people aware of the "Crazy Bubbles" is completely different than being called out. So yeah, go fuck yourself.
    We're not following you around. You keep coming back here. Do you understand the difference?

None of us went to the Treehouse ProBoards and called you out on your crazy. We figured you were gone from here, good riddance, and all was well with the world.

Then your crazy blew up over there (I watched), and now you're back. But that's not us chasing you. That's you chasing drama and validation.

• Options

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards