Snarky Brides
Options

Worst proposals

Re: Worst proposals

• Options
    @NavyBlue143 SO TRUE!!! I'm a lifelong horsewoman too, and my FI would just know that if he picked anything horse related for our proposal I would have just been critical of the horse aspect. Like we went to the Shania Twain show here in Vegas on the strip... and she has horses on the stage twice and instead of enjoying Shania herself I could only notice the drugged state of her horse and the lameness in his left hind. My FI was like "can you just listen to the music?" and I'm over here all "BUT HE IS OFF IN THE LEFT HIND." Horse related romantics would never go well for me haha
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    KatWAG said:

Some bride posted on here how her fi was a cop so hehad his cop buddies pull her over for a DUI, put her in the back of the cop car and then Fi came to save her. First that would scare the hell out of me, and second, what a waste of government resources.

I believe someone also posted a story about a fireman who did something similar.

I posted the one about the fireman. Two co-workers of mine got engaged on Christmas Eve. He is a volunteer firefighter and was dressed as Santa going around on the firetruck. He stopped at her house and the whole family brought her outside so he could propose as Santa. Vomit.

The kicker? Our company has a strict no-dating policy, so one of them has to quit now, since they were so excited to let the entire company know.  Also, he got married two years ago, and I don't think his divorce is even final yet. It definitely started some rumors around here about why he's getting divorced.
  • Options
    The horse drawn carriages in New York are about to be banned by the new mayor of NYC. There's a reason for it. 
  • Options
    The horse drawn carriages in New York are about to be banned by the new mayor of NYC. There's a reason for it. 
    Yes, it's all over the news that some of the drivers have been working horses with serious injuries, potentially endangering the safety and life of the horse.  Another driver just got arrested for driving his carriage wasted.  I'm sure there are plenty of good horsemen working in Central Park, but there are at least several really bad apples.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

"I'm not a rude bitch.  I'm ten rude bitches in a large coat."

• Options
    Sorry. Didn't mean to derail the thread. Lol. I'm glad they are banning horse drawn carriage in NYC. I don't think their animal safety laws are quite as strict there. I live in KY and if you get caught abusing a horse here you are in serious trouble.
  • Options
    While driving to work one day, my office neighbor calls me and tell me to turn to a certain radio station talking about the worst proposals. The awful proposal story was about his nephew at Thanksgiving. He proposed in front of his whole family. His girlfriend turned bright red and said "Yes!.....as soon as I get divorced." My office neighbor said it was the most awkward moment ever! His nephew had NOOOOO idea she was or had ever been married. (She was separated but, had never told him about her previous but still legal marriage)
    Sadly, it didn't work out. 
  • Options
    @HaileyDancingbear Oh I know.  One of our family friends owns a horse rescue farm for abandoned race horses, I think all mares.  I don't know anything about horsemanship in general but the stories of the "ladies" at our friend's farm could just break your heart.  These are horses who made millions for their owners and are then just starved and left to die the moment their moneymaking goes away.  I'm a huge sissy for animals; I can't even watch those ASPCA commercials without crying.  Both my kitties are rescues and if I had a bigger house, I'd probably have ten cats.
    I've always been amazed by how emotional and thoughtful animals can be, they're just as capable of joy and pain and love and heartbreak as we are, yet so many people just act like animals are emotionless tools to be disposed of when they see fit.  It breaks my heart.  
  • Options
    FI got me a small diamond band and sat me down on our porch and told me he love me and wanted me to be with him forever and once the divorce was done he'd propose "for real". If he had stopped before the divorce part I would have been happy and just known nothing could happen until after his divorce was finalized.

We finalize his divorce in April but til then we've been in this weird hey were getting married planning but not planning phase.
  • Options

Mine's fairly amusing, at least, to us. He proposed with no ring when we were sitting on the couch one day, talking about the future. I liked the spontaneity of it, and we chose the ring together. The day I got my ring, he was already in my apartment waiting for me to get home from work. I walk out of the bathroom, with him standing right there holding the ring. I literally walked right into him... We still joke about it.

• Options
    I don't even know if this is real (seems fake) but it still always makes me laugh:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Atqtl1J-z3Q

Anniversary
  • Options
    erinlin25 said:
    I don't even know if this is real (seems fake) but it still always makes me laugh:

Oh yeah, I say fake all the way, The girl had no reaction at all leading up to when he got down on one knee, and when he was hit over the head he just laid there almost looking "ok must wait to get sympathy, can I get up yet"

• Options
    I heard of a guy who was shopping for car insurance for him and his girlfriend. They had been living together for a few years. Anyway he called her at work and said " hey I found a way for us to save 25% on our car insurance. Wanna get married?"
  • Options
    Mine isn't earth shattering as our proposal went pretty well but my FI decided to do it while we were on vacation in Marathon, FL. We decided to spend the first full day there down in Key West and my FI brought the ring thinking there would be a good time while we were there...including tying the ring inside his swim trunks on a jet ski tour around the island!! He ended up proposing the next day at sunset but I know he must have been FREAKING out the entire time we were on the jet skis...
  • Options
    During my proposal, my FI leaned over to take my hand and dumped not one but two full glasses of champagne onto my lap.  I literally had a puddle on my lap that my dress did not absorb.  I never laughed so hard in all of my life. It would be some other woman's idea of a proposal gone awry, but I loved it.  I told FI, "You are supposed to seal the deal with champagne, but I think they meant we should drink it." Lol.  Terrible proposal stories make me laugh. It is one way you will never forget the moment you got engaged.
  • Options
    afox007 said:
    FI got me a small diamond band and sat me down on our porch and told me he love me and wanted me to be with him forever and once the divorce was done he'd propose "for real". If he had stopped before the divorce part I would have been happy and just known nothing could happen until after his divorce was finalized. We finalize his divorce in April but til then we've been in this weird hey were getting married planning but not planning phase.

• Options
    My fiancé asked late on Christmas Eve after his family's celebration. Makeup was off, pjs on, ready for sleep after a night of too many people and too much noise (for both of us). He tosses me a box from amazon and makes me open it (he revealed it). Then I get "after tonight, are you stupid enough to say yes?"

It turns out that I am. Can't wait!
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    McCMalMcCMal member
    5 Love Its First Comment Name Dropper First Anniversary
    edited February 2014
    I feel horrible about my proposal. Wait, let me explain. 
    I was SO in the WRONG. Call me a bitch, over bearing and bossy. 
    But my Fiance is 27, his first relationship was 4 years with a nice girl who ended up being gay. They kissed once. He's not the most romantic, and not used to the expressing himself thing and he asked for help. 

So I suggested a time to do it. I know, I know I hate myself. 
    I suggested he do it while we were visiting my family in Utah for Christmas. We always go to temple square to see the lights (I'm mormon, he isn't) so I suggested that would be a beautiful place to do it. 
    Well we got there and it was a crazy mess. Thousands of people. He felt awkward that whole time, and no matter how many times I said 'Don't worry about it' or 'Don't do it unless you feel it's right', he still felt bad. He hates disappointing me, but he didn't. 
    To top it off, I had mentioned it to my mom, who mentioned it to my aunts, and they all tore me a new one for saying anything. I know, I know, I know. So everyone expected it, and it wasn't right. 
    Awkward. 
    He ended up asking me the next morning (Christmas Eve). It was simple, he asked me if dealing with my family would be easier if I had my ring to distract them. (Family can be torture) I told him I can't wear it until he asks me (Oblivious), so he asked if I wanted to marry him. So it was still a surprise. I figured he'd wait until we got back home. I said yes, yay! Much better, much more his style. 

So ladies. NO MATTER IF YOU THINK IT WILL HELP HIM OUT DON'T TELL HIM WHEN TO DO IT. LET HIM DO IT WHEN HE WANTS AND FEELS COMFORTABLE.
    I hear my mom saying that in my head now. Embarrassed...

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Also, we picked out our ring at thanksgiving. We've been living together since July, and literally we've pretty much known this was going to happen. 
    I was going to use my grandmother's ring, but it was stolen. He wanted me to help pick it out so it was somewhat like my grandmothers since we have no pictures of it. 
    I picked the setting and he picked the diamond. He went through like 8 of them. He still doesn't think the diamond is big enough, and it has 'flaws' only visible under those little magnifiers  

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Mine isn't earth shattering as our proposal went pretty well but my FI decided to do it while we were on vacation in Marathon, FL. We decided to spend the first full day there down in Key West and my FI brought the ring thinking there would be a good time while we were there...including tying the ring inside his swim trunks on a jet ski tour around the island!! He ended up proposing the next day at sunset but I know he must have been FREAKING out the entire time we were on the jet skis...
    To spin off the bold part, I really feel for our men who have to carry around the ring until the time is right. My fiance proposed while on vacation in London. He had the ring box in his jacket pocket as he went to work on public transportation, while being at work, while going to the airport on public transportation, while going through airport security, and while being on the plane, AND then while taking public transportation to our hotel in London. The day he proposed was a few days later and we'd toured the Tower of London-- and places like that are hotspots for pickpockets and I told him quite literally to watch his pockets while on the tour having no idea he had the ring on him.

I'm paranoid enough just making sure I have my housekeys on me. I can't imagine how the men feel carrying around a ring.  

• Options
    To spin off the bold part, I really feel for our men who have to carry around the ring until the time is right. My fiance proposed while on vacation in London. He had the ring box in his jacket pocket as he went to work on public transportation, while being at work, while going to the airport on public transportation, while going through airport security, and while being on the plane, AND then while taking public transportation to our hotel in London. The day he proposed was a few days later and we'd toured the Tower of London-- and places like that are hotspots for pickpockets and I told him quite literally to watch his pockets while on the tour having no idea he had the ring on him.

I'm paranoid enough just making sure I have my housekeys on me. I can't imagine how the men feel carrying around a ring.  
    My friend proposed to his now wife in the Maldives after a week in Sri Lanka. He said he was SO nervous with the ring. I don't know how he did it.
  • Options

So mines not overly cute and most would say that he did it wrong but I still said yes.

We were sitting on the couch watching Star Trek Voyager and cuddling. I had spent all day at work and had come over to see him.  So there we are watching Captain Janeway and 7 of 9 get into something and he says "Hey baby do you want to be with me forever?" I said yes, but I was totally laughing.  I thought he was being sweet and he didn't say "Will you marry me"  or have a ring or anything so I just went back to watching TV. A month later he asks again, same TV show and wording, still no ring he's still not on bended knee. I still think he's just being sweet.  Finally In March, the first time he had asked had been in January, we're still on the couch watching STV and he asks the same question and I give the same answer, well apparently he was pretty pissed at me not asking him seriously so he gets off the couch gets on one knee and says "Sweet Heart I'm being serious and I've already asked you twice, "Will you marry me?"

I finally realized he meant it and said yes and we kissed and hugged and he tells me that back in December he had already spoken to both of my parents, I still lived with them and it was a sign of respect,  and he had shown my sister and my best friends a version of the ring that he had designed and he was getting made for me at one of the Jewelry stores in our small town and that he just didn't want to wait for it to be finished before we got engaged. 

It was really sweet and I felt totally stupid for not realizing what he meant the first two times. Now I'm super excited that we're planning our wedding and I can't wait.

Wedding Countdown Ticker

• Options
    wrigleyvillewrigleyville member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its First Answer
    edited June 2014
    jdluvr06 said:
     "dammit *insert name* I've been trying to propose to you all week and it keeps getting fucked up. I just want you to marry me".
    I would have laughed so hard. That's awesome. :)
  • Options
    erinlin25 said:

It's an advertizement for Cadbury's Bournville chocolate (my favorite dark chocolate bar, by the way).

• Options
    sarahufl said:

My friend proposed to his now wife in the Maldives after a week in Sri Lanka. He said he was SO nervous with the ring. I don't know how he did it.
    H proposed after a full day of hiking, a small plane ride, and chilling on the beach. He said he kept checking his pocket throughout the day to make sure it was still there!
  • Options
    My friends' cousin became engaged over a jail house letter. They met in court before he got sentenced to a year. His proposal read "Well, I'm not getting any younger, will you marry me?" He's 23.
  • Options
    DH and I were long distance, and when he came to visit, we decided we were going to get married, just didn't know when and had no ring.  Fast forward a few (like 3) months I am picking him up from the airport as we were getting married 4 or 5 days later, so in my mind, we're engaged.
    Well, he gets off the plane, I meet him at the luggage area, and he hands me flowers and a letter.  I was all, ok lets go.  He makes me read the letter, which I skim, and say ok lets go.  

He made me REALLY read the letter, which I again just skim, apparently it was 2 sided, which I failed to realize.  So, I flip it over, skim some more, and at the bottom it said something like "I love, Will You..." I look at him and he's on his knee in the airport.  

And, I was all, um yeah of course, the wedding's in like 4 days.  No tears, no big gesture.  I must have looked like the biggest B*%@& to all the people in the luggage area (it was way crowded, a few days before christmas).  

I guess, I just figured that he'd give me a ring at some point but wasn't thinking he was going to make a big deal about it.   Between that and his vows being like 5 times longer than mine, I felt like a heel!  But, 10 years later, he is great, and I'm a lot softer about all that stuff now.  
  • Options
    My ex FI proposed with a bowl of fruit while watching some random b-list jessica simpson movie. I said no at first until he made me feel guilty because I didn't take him seriously. (red flag #1) No tears, no hugs and smiles, very blah.... we were together 6 years and broke up 5 months before the wedding. 

Current FI did a MUCH better job and is just generally a much better person. lol, there were lots of smiles, hugs, and since we were alone there were tears too. :P Only 40 days to go now!!

Anniversary

BabyFruit Ticker

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards