Wedding Party

Excusing the Best Man?

2»

Re: Excusing the Best Man?

• Jen4948 said:
    You do not need to send an STD to everyone who will be getting an invitation.

The purpose of an STD is to let people whose presence is absolutely essential, such as immediate family members or close out-of-towners, know the date of the wedding so that they can make any necessary time-off arrangements and refrain from planning other things for that date that would prevent them from being able to attend the wedding.  Local guests and/or others who do not need that kind of advance notice do not need STDs-just invitations.
    Did this land here by mistake? 
    What did you think would happen if you walked up to a group of internet strangers and told them to get shoehorned by their lady doc?~StageManager14
  • AddieL73 said:

Jen4948 said:

You do not need to send an STD to everyone who will be getting an invitation.

The purpose of an STD is to let people whose presence is absolutely essential, such as immediate family members or close out-of-towners, know the date of the wedding so that they can make any necessary time-off arrangements and refrain from planning other things for that date that would prevent them from being able to attend the wedding.  Local guests and/or others who do not need that kind of advance notice do not need STDs-just invitations.

Did this land here by mistake? 

::crickets::
  • Probably.  I was posting this in another thread and last night I had some computer problems.
  • GregsGirl83GregsGirl83 member
    First Comment
    edited January 2014
    Wow, so this is what I miss when I don't get to my computer for a few days!

First of all, thanks for everyone's input! I basically figured that it wasn't my place to say anything, but I tend to second-guess myself and just needed to hear it from others. I will just let things play out and see what happens in the next few weeks or so.

I also kind of liked the idea of including a brief well-wishing announcement and/or prayer for the new parents in case they can't make it. IF they don't mind, of course. (And just for the record, the best man and his girlfriend are both active in our church, so we're really pretty sure we know what their beliefs are. =P )

I never meant for the discussion to get so intense! I hope there are no hurt feelings anywhere.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards