Not Engaged Yet

Finally Friday!!!!!!

Re: Finally Friday!!!!!!

• @Swazzle - Welcome!  They aren't as yummy as chips obviously but I do love that they have texture and can hold up against a dip.  I'm trying to eat a lot more veggies now that I'm on the bandwagon again so I might go buy some for myself tonight (and through out the chips that are sitting in my kitchen...H doesn't touch them and how he does that I'll never know).

@BriSox81 - Good for you for trying to get back on the slopes!  I have very little hand/eye corridination so I can only imagine how difficult skiing must be. 

• @TwoDimes - WOW! That's amazing! What all did you buy?

• @BriSox81 Good luck skiing this weekend! My style is go down the hill and then face plant.

@TwoDimes What a steal!!! I am so jealous! My Loft sprees NEVER come out THAT good. You should AW some of your new clothes.

• @TwoDimes - SHUT UP.  please AW EVERYTHING you got, and tell me what promotions and coupons you used.  LIKE RITE NAO.
  • @TwoDimes, you should be on that TV show! Omigod...you are a legend.

@buddysmom80, so sorry to hear about your co-worker. :(

My Friday gif is this

because my weekend is whatever. Today I'm just doing school stuff and working. Tomorrow I work then have RPG. Sunday I was cancelled at work, so I'm doing school stuff. Aaaannndddd Monday I work!
  • @TwoDimes - That's so awesome. I love that scarf!

• @TwoDimes That's awesome! I love your new scarf! I'm trying to save my Loft giftcards until February or March so I can buy outfits for engagement photos. Ugh...the 40% off their new arrivals is soooo tempting right now though! I really want these two shirts:imageimage

• Is anyone here a skier or snowboarder? I'm not sure which one I want to do. I used to ski (and when I say "used to" I mean, like, 20 years ago), and I've thought of trying snowboarding because I feel like I'm less likely to blow my knee out - but am I just being ridiculous? Thoughts or advice?

*******************************************************************************************

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

• Hi everyone!
    I'm back in the office today, spent the week up north for my grandfather's funeral.

It does not feel like a Friday to me. I actually think it has been like a month since I've had a regular work week. With bad weather and holidays and such.

• @BriSox81- I'm a skier and I think I chose that one because it's easier than snow boarding in my opinion. H is a snow boarder and he loves it a lot more than skiing. He claims it's more fun but you definitely fall a lot more than when you ski according to him. So if you plan to try snow boarding, I would say buy some fluffy plants, especially in the rear end area.
  • @tuarceatha I'm so sorry about your grandfather!

Anniversary

• I'm actually super excited for this weekend even though I don't have Monday off. Tonight I'm off with my best friend and FI for margarita's and Mexican. There will be some tequila shots involved too. 

Tomorrow we're driving up to my parents to have lunch and some late birthday celebrations for me. I miss them so it'll be good.

Sunday will be relaxing especially since FI came down with a small head cold yesterday. Luckily he's not a drama king when it comes to being sick and he's just trying to suck it up and be a good fiance during my final birthday weekend.

Daisypath Anniversary tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Friday gif! Or it makes me think of Friday, anyway.
    19 GIFs That Scream Friday Afternoon

Also, @sakalicious, here's energy.
  • @tuarceatha I'm sorry about your grandfather! :(

• csousa1csousa1 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    edited January 2014

@buddysmom80 I'm so sorry about your coworker :( And I agree about PICS!!

I am soooooo fucking happy that it's Friday. I am blasting 80's music while I work (and knot) and I really could not be in a better mood.

Tonight I was supposed to go to the Celtics game with a friend, but I don't think it's happening. He was already going to be handsy and grab-assy, and now on top of that he's apparently planning to get shitfaced beforehand and expected me to want to get in a car with him. He's been in two pretty serious drunk driving accidents in the six years I've known him. Thanks but no thanks, I think I'll pass. So instead I will be drinking copious amounts of wine on the couch with sis while watching a Supernatural marathon because, well, we're obsessed. And I'm in love with Dean.

Tomorrow is cleaning and laundry, and then sis and I decided that our excercise for the day will be an epic dance party followed by a walk to the library because we haven't been to a library in forever and we both feel the need for real books instead of e-books at the moment. Tomorrow night I may go out for drinks with a friend but may be lazy instead.

Sunday I want to go to brunch and then to a matinee, either Lone Survivor, American Hustle or Wolf of Wall Street. 12 Years a Slave is still showing at one theater in my area so maybe that. A movie may be skipped altogether, though, because I need to be home in time to watch the Pats kick some serious ass.

Sunday night SHERLOCK IS BACK and I am fangirling the hell out. I'm only a little ashamed of myself.

Monday I do not have the day off, so I will be at work hating all of you who do <3 

• RWS2011RWS2011 member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary Name Dropper First Comment
    edited January 2014

@buddysmom80 My condolences on your loss!  

@Swazzle two things: are you late to the party, also with Breaking Bad, or are you re-watching it?  I had been wanting to see it for a while, but it wasn't available on Amazon Prime.  We waited until our prime expired and got Netflix.  We are currently on season 2.  Also, American Hustle was great.  We just saw it last night on date night.  Great ensemble cast!

@Sakalicious Hi lovely!  Good luck on your dissertation!  

Tonight is Bitches, Books and Booze!  We are discussing the book "Perv: The Sexual Deviant in All of Us."  It was an interesting read, but I took issue with parts of it, so I am looking forward to a lively discussion.  After that, it is a friend's birthday, so FI is picking me up from my book club and we are going dancing.

Tomorrow, I have to get up early to pick up my monkey from her dad's house.  Then, she has a swim meet.

Sunday will be all about R&R, and probably a Breaking Bad marathon.

ETA: @tuarceatha So sorry to hear about your grandfather.  Big hugs! 

• @tuarceatha - I'm very sorry about your grandfather.  Sending good thoughts your way.

@csousa1 - Good call on skipping the game with the drunk friend.  Why the hell would he get drunk and drive when he's been in two accidents in the last two years.  People like that make me sick...they could seriously hurt someone innocent in the process.

@RWS2011 - I haven't read the book (just the summary on Amazon) but what did you take issue with in it?  I haven't been dancing in forever (other than gym dance classes) so I'm jealous of your dancing planned tonight.

• Thanks, ladies!
  • @tuarceatha - I'm so sorry about your grandfather :(

• @tuarceatha - I'm sorry about your grandfather. You and your family are in my thoughts.
  • Sorry for your loss @tuarceatha.

Wedding Countdown Ticker

image 59 Invited
    image 36 Yes
    image 2 No
    image 21 Unknown
  • This is my "OMG! We actually finished that video project of Bean's!" face :

If I get a chance, I'll have to post it to You Tube and share the linky with you. At about 10/11pm last night, I thought all hope was lost and that I was going to be up all night redoing the whole thing. I cried hysterically, cursed at my computer, and then realized there was a very easy button to click that fixed it all. I really need to work on my fine-to-hysterical-crying-in-2-seconds-flat issue. I think I can blame the hormones though. I think Bean did a stellar job on it, and I might just pat myself on the back for my editing and mixing skills. Being that this was only the second time I've used Movie Maker.

Tonight I've got to make another movie/slideshow for my trainer, but her's is going to be easy peasy. It's just photos set to music with some words of thanks thrown in at the end. She wants to present the breeder of several of the ponies she owns with this video.

Tomorrow is barn day, so we'll be there all afternoon.

Sunday I'll either sit around on my butt all day, or try to get el Senor to help me start clearing out the spare room/nursery. We need to rip up the carpet and go buy paint. I also want to get to a couple of thrift shops this weekend and see if I can find a french provencal style dresser for the nursery. I want to paint it a blue color to go with our 'grey and white chevron with pops of blue' color scheme.

I also want to get to Ikea to get a couple of those dog tail hanger things that they sell for hanging up dog leashes, but we're going to use it in the nursery (puppy dog tails). Here was my inspiration:

but we'll spray ours grey or silver I think.

Monday I have off, but I have to get up butt ass early to take Bean to go to a scout merrit badge day thingamabob. But it's a drop and go thing (if they can squeeze us in-I kinda forgot to sign him up, oops!) Then I'll head home and hopefully get more cleaning done with el Senor and a little relaxing before I figure out what to cook for dinner.

"Stuart was scared, but he loved Margalo, Mommy. And there is nothing bigger than love." -The Bean
     "His farts smell like Satan's asshole mixed with a skunk's vagina. But it's okay, because I love him." -CSousa

• @beanbot2002 - ADORABLE!!!  I love all that!
  • @minskat30 If I could apply an oversimplified thesis to the book it would be this: "Human sexuality is inborn and/or some humans are born with propensities for 'abnormal' sexuality and these propensities can be activated in fairly early childhood by triggering experiences."  From that basic assertion, one could argue that no one controls their sexuality and that our views on "perversion" are at best dated, and at worst based on arbitrary notions of morality.  Finally, that no one should be penalized for their sexuality unless there is true harm that results (again, there is a whole debate on what constitutes "harm.")  

The main issue I took with the book is that much of human history including everything from age of consent to attitudes around sex and sexuality has been dominated by a male perspective and serves male interests.  This books fails to take a gendered approach to examining some of these issues, and I also feel that it lacks critical consideration of the power differential between some of the proposed pairings.  I took particular issue with the chapter addressing "inter-generational" relationships.  The correct term for someone whose primary attraction is to youth ages 11-14 is hebephile.  The author does not necessarily say there is nothing wrong with this type of relationship, but he does build a case to challenge the idea that these relationships are wrong or illegal.  I bristled.  

• @buddysmom80 I'm so sorry to hear about your coworker. I definitely don't blame you for just wanting to curl up and not deal with stuff like picking up your mom. :(

@tuarceatha I'm sorry about your grandfather. I hope the funeral went all right ... I've been to one funeral (my partner's grandmother's funeral, last January), and unsurprisingly, it was really sad and upsetting.

@BriSox81 I was a skier from the age of 3 until I was 16. After that, I didn't go skiing for about ... 8 years. I will say, a lot of it came right back to me. However, I did ski VERY cautiously, so in exchange for not falling, I had a lot less fun than I probably would have if I had just been all, "WHATEVER LOL LET'S GO."

@LivLeighton I hope movie night goes okay ... although I dunno, I think that might end up not going so well. :\ If I were in his shoes (and I have been), I'd probably be incredibly hopeful for something to happen, and then get very sad and dramatic when nothing happens.

@RWS2011 Ugh, just reading your take on that book is making me uncomfortable. I think I'll take a pass on reading it.

I'm really anxious about this weekend. I'm likely going to have to come in at some point, and because I'm currently doing the whole, "Should I even be in grad school when it makes me so fucking miserable?" dance right now, it's going to be really tough to find the motivation to schlep to lab to split cells.

Tonight, after I hit the gym, we're mostly going to relax. We saw "Once" last night (OH MY GOD PEOPLE IT WAS AMAZING OMGGGGG), so we're exhausted. Tomorrow, we really need to clean the apartment; most of the rooms are becoming barely functional because I've been so lazy about cleaning up after myself. After that, we're going to relax and do some wedding planning.

Does anyone else feel weirdly frazzled by all the wedding details? What we need to do right now, planning-wise, is figure out timelines for when we need to have things booked. I've found the checklists on WeddingWire, TheKnot, and just about every wedding site to be really unhelpful in that regard.

The rest of the weekend will involve hanging out with friends and spending time with my future in-laws. And, of course, struggling to go into work to get work done.

I also want to really thank @sakalicious and @blue for being so ridiculously supportive about all this crappy grad school stuff. And @blue I'm strongly considering adjuncting + high school teaching, so it means a lot to hear how happy you are with your decision!! 
    Anniversary
    now with ~* INCREASED SASSINESS *~
  • @RWS2011 - I agree with @phira that I think I would pass on the book based on your discription of it but I agree that it should provide for a VERY interesting book club meeting.
  • Thank you, ladies!
  • @RWS2011 I think that book would make me bristle too. I was acquaintences with a guy in college who would constantly try to make a case for why pedophelia isn't wrong and why it should be culturally acceptable, etc. etc. Maybe he read that book or something similar. Either way...he always made me feel really uncomfortable.

@phira My sister combined the checklists from TK and WW into one for me based on her experience. I've kind of been following it/contacting all the vendors now so I can be done with it. I'm not really sure if there's a right way or a wrong way to go about things but surely booking or researching a little earlier than the timeline says can't be wrong.

• @beanbot2002 Love the nursery ideas! 

@Imhollister That is sick, way worse than trying to justify a relationship with pubescent youth! 
    To be fair, there are a few psych/med folks in our group who I think had an academic interest in the book. (Another reason I am looking forward to our discussion!)

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards