Connecticut

Rhode Island Restaurants - Providence

I took a peek over at the message board for Rhode Island....doesn't seem to be a very busy place.  Thought I might have better luck here. 

Any great restaurants in Providence, RI for dinner or lunch?  My fiancé and I are traveling there in the next month or so.  Would prefer a reasonably priced place with great food!
Thanks!

Re: Rhode Island Restaurants - Providence

• There are lots of great restaurants on Federal Hill in Providence. Pane E Vino is my favorite. But Blue Grotto, Sienna and Cassarino's are also great options too.

I grew up in RI so feel free to ask me any other questions about things to do, places to eat, etc.

• I love the Federal Hill area in Providence!  You really can't go wrong.  Pane e Vino as pp suggested, is fantastic.  If you're looking for something on the quick side, there's Venda Ravioli on Federal Hill- it's an Italian market that also serves sandwiches, hot foods etc. Great food and very reasonable prices, with plenty of seating. Pastiche on Federal Hill has the best coffee and pastries.  

That's the first weekend getaway I took with FI, such great memories! It's a great area to visit!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • depends on what you want too... i am very partial to Fire and Ice (been going there for about 12 years now) its definitely different. DONT go on a friday or saturday night though (like most things in the cities) because its packed. Gregg's is a Rhode Island favorite (Talk about amazing deserts!!) Also, if you want some fun sea food, go out to Warwick and hit up Iggy's!! Spikes is a hotdog joint in PVD which has an amazing variety of foods. (trying to give you more than the high class of Fed Hill, amazing foods but now more upscale than it used to be.) Trinity Rep Pub (not the right name, but it would pop on a google search) great burgers. You can probably also get tickets to a good show at PPAC. (hopefully this isnt way too late)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards