Not Engaged Yet
Options

Thursday Judges

Because I'm wearing my bitchy pants today. Join me. 

- I sideeye how many people under the age of 25 that have posted on the Getting to Know You Thread recently. Especially those who can't correctly form a sentence, are "promised," or have wedding dates "planned." Chill the fuck out.

- I also judge newbs who burst in without an intro and call us names. GTFO. 

- I judge myself for the state of my car right now. It's supposed to be light blue, I swear, but the salt from the road has turned it a murky white/gray. Every time I decide it's time to wash it, it's either freezing (aka frozen doors) or it's going to snow again. Poor Subie. 

- I judge sensationalist journalism. For example, there was an article on CNN recently headlined "College Athletes Read at 5th-Grade Level." It pissed me off because that's not the majority, nor is it the norm. Do NOT lump my Mars Rover-building student-athletes in with the guys who are breaking every NCAA rule known to man. It's unfair, and it's the reason why some people have the perception of college athletes that they do - reading the comments almost made my head explode. (Someday I'll learn.)  

*******************************************************************************************

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Re: Thursday Judges

• Options
    @brisox81 agreed. All of the athletes in my classes passed on their own talents (except the dumb swimmer who got an incomplete cause his coach complained to my boss. My boss was livid. It should be noted this kid apparently wasn't a good swimmer because he wasn't in the last Olympics. How rude. He deserved an F and probably got one the next semester). One of my buddies was a gymnast and a toxicology and biochem double major with like a 3.9 gpa. He's amazing. And could obviously read.

I judge teachers and administrators that don't call me back for my interview. Really? I reply to ALL of my email and phone messages daily. It is part of your job to schedule my interview. Get on it.

I judge all of the bachelor contestants. Because Juan Pablo is very non attractive to me. He may look pretty but I'm not convinced much else is there.

I judge the influx of newbs that think their wedding is more awesome than mine. You're wrong :)

I judge me for sucking at g2gs. We are having an amazing one in/near orlando one of these days. Right? Right.

I guess, to tell you the truth, I've never had much of a desire to grow facial hair. I think I've managed to play quarterback just fine without a mustache. - Peyton
  • Options
    Pretty much everything @brisox81 said because we share the same brain.

Wedding Countdown Ticker

image 59 Invited
    image 36 Yes
    image 2 No
    image 21 Unknown
  • Options

I judge myself for getting pissed off that work has sucked up 90% of the minutes on my phone plan and I had to upgrade to unlimited to avoid going over. I also judge myself for not bothering to figure out how to start getting some reimbursement for said cell phone plan or acquire a cell phone from work.

I judge the guy who just emailed me with a super vague email request that I'm 99.9% sure isn't actually related to my job. He had better clarify in some way that makes sense. I'm not sure I'm the person he needs to talk to.

• Options
    I'm in a mood today as well. The god damn shower water would not heat up to warm so I had to take a cold shower.

I judge H for saying "oh yea?" and not doing anything when I told him the water was not warming up. Thanks for nothing.

• Options
    I judge my co-workers for assuming their athlete and Greek life students are lazy/bad students.

I judge the guy who promised BF volunteer time at his lab and has apparently fallen off the face of the Earth. This is just the latest in a long list of promising opportunities for BF that have fallen through.

I judge myself for the state of my apartment right now and for spending time on TK instead of cleaning right now.

@Blue & White - I don't get the appeal of Juan Pablo either.

• Options
    I judge adult children who rely on their parents to do adult things, like call doctors, pay bills, file taxes, etc. I just talked to my CW about this since she had a fit that her son's MD won't talk to her.
    I also judge adults who can't do anything productive with their lives unless Mommy and/or Daddy are involved. 

*******************************************************************************************

• Options
    I judge so many things I don't even know where to start...
  • Options
    I judge the mean emails I got yesterday in my inbox at job #2. We were hosting a free webinar, and several people were unable to log into the system to watch due to a system glitch (on their end or ours, I'm not certain). These emails were ANGRY. And their anger was directed at me. I'm sorry that there was a glitch in the FREE webinar that we provided, and that you were ALREADY told that a the recorded version would be available within 15 minutes of the webinar ending. Take your vitriol elsewhere. 

I judge my uterus for being angry and wanting to kill me. Mirena was supposed to stop this ish. If it turns out that I never use my uterus and I've had to deal with it for all these years, I'm going to really regret not taking up my GYN on her offer of a hysterectomy. 

I judge B for not getting his shit together at all. 

I judge everyone who keeps saying to me that I must be "making bank and doing no work" because I work for the state. How about I took a pay cut and am running an entire nonprofit. OK, then. 

I judge all drivers on the road today.

I judge myself for the state of Earl's cage; I had let it go really a good 4-5 days too long and it was just gross. I'm a terrible pet parent. 

I judge people who talk loudly to each other over cubical partitions, and those with offices who talk loudly on the phone without shutting their doors.

I basically judge everyone right now so I'm sure I'll be back with more.
    I'm with you on those!
  • Options
    I judge my boss for saying she can't really do anything about getting me an H.  YOU WON'T BE SAYING THAT WHEN I'M GONE!!  rawr.
  • Options
    I reserve some judgement on the tax-paying thing. My dad does my taxes, but he's an accountant, does all our family's taxes, and I pay him in food (his choice).
  • Options
    I reserve some judgement on the tax-paying thing. My dad does my taxes, but he's an accountant, does all our family's taxes, and I pay him in food (his choice).
    TOTALLY different.

I'm talking about people who don't have any idea how to function as a normal adult because their parents do everything for them. BFs stepdad is an accountant, and he does the families taxes, but not because they're all idiots. Haha. 

• Options
    BriSox81 said:
    TOTALLY different.

I'm talking about people who don't have any idea how to function as a normal adult because their parents do everything for them. BFs stepdad is an accountant, and he does the families taxes, but not because they're all idiots. Haha. 
    Gotcha. Just clarifying. My brain's not totally working today, so I judge my brain for not getting obvious things.
  • Options

I judge Bean's school for not posting the correct information about the class rotation last week and this week (due to the weather).

I judge myself for kind of being a huffy puffy bitch about it to 2 different secretaries at the school this morning. It wasn't their fault and they did not deserve my huffiness.

I judge myself further for crying over my Dr. telling me I need to monitor my blood sugar for the remainder of the pregnancy and eat better and walk 30 minutes a day. Seriously self?? It's 4 freaking weeks. Get over it and do what's right for baby. Have your cake on baby shower day, but otherwise eat right.

I judge the stupid glocometer, test strips, and lances for being too freaking expensive to afford right now. Here's hoping doc will agree to me just modifying my eating and excercise and not monitoring numbers. We can't afford it. It's only 4 weeks. Can we make a deal???

I judge newbs who start several threads (unrelated, yes) but haven't jumped in on any established threads. It really is the preferred way to 'get to know you'. Please don't start another thread until you've been commenting on other threads a bit. Mmmkay?

I kind of judge el senor for not getting the nursery ready yet. Four weeks, homes. Four. Weeks. This train is rolling. It's not going to be any later than that. Could be sooner, but won't be later. Remember, we're scheduled for him to be cut out. Let's get shit done, please. I love you. Sorry for being a whiney brat.

"Stuart was scared, but he loved Margalo, Mommy. And there is nothing bigger than love." -The Bean
     "His farts smell like Satan's asshole mixed with a skunk's vagina. But it's okay, because I love him." -CSousa

• Options
    can I make a non-judge right now without getting kicked out of the club?  I had my performance review (a month late) a few minutes ago, and totally (but nicely) confronted my boss about my H, the lack of training we've had in the past few years (which is ESSENTIAL for technical programmers to keep up!) and asked what I could improve to help get my H and move up.  I ended the review with saying something like, every year that I stay at this level is compounded for the rest of my life.  I'm at a point where I'm ready to move along in life.

I think she was shocked, but I feel so much better.

so, I judge her for saying she can't promise me anything and she can't really do anything, but she'll bring it up again.  whatevs.
  • Options
    I judge my old boss for not returning my call yet about the portion of my year end bonus she promised when I left to go into this new deparment. 

Anniversary

• Options
    ShallowSeasShallowSeas member
    First Anniversary First Answer First Comment 5 Love Its
    edited January 2014
    I'm judging the guy in charge of hiring at the place I recently applied to. He EMAILED me asking me to come in for an interview...EMAILED. I've never, ever had any place set up an interview thru emailing. Every place has called and personally set one up over the phone. Either way, I didnt get that email until this morning...he sent it last thursday. I emailed him back but havent heard from him. I was expecting a call, not an email. Grrrrr.

ETA:  I'm also kinda judging myself for not checking that email account.  I don't use it often, but still....
    Anniversary

• Options
    I judge myself for falling into this really horrible spiral of irresponsibility. I stayed up till 2 am last night doing nothing and then couldn't fall asleep ... and then somehow I sleepily justified sleeping till 1pm. I am out of fucks to give, so I'm giving myself another hour and then working from 4 to 8 tonight (I have a time point from 4 to 8, and I'll get more work done in between). Tomorrow, I'm going to try to work Real Person hours.

I judge my partner for not doing the laundry. If you're only going to own enough underwear to get you through a week and a half, you can't put off laundry for an additional week.
    Anniversary
    now with ~* INCREASED SASSINESS *~
  • Options
    I judge myself for not getting any of the reading done this week. Yes, we had an extra day of class to kick the semester off. Yes, I had to get up at ass o'clock yesterday for clinical. Yes, I over-committed at work. Not my future nursing career's problem. I need to learn to work through the exhaustion, and take a break when I'm DONE, not whenever I feel like it.

I judge my co-worker for moving the envelope I was using to collect money for the Sunshine Club I started because I was sick of throwing elaborate surprise parties every time someone had a birthday or a baby or something. (I judge my workplace for putting up with that for three years before someone said anything, come to think of it.) I put it in my special drawer FOR A REASON, and I told you and the other receptionist FOR A REASON, and you moving the envelope and not telling anybody completely NEGATES THE REASON. Thanks for giving me a heart attack at freaking midnight last night because my co-worker couldn't find it and thought all the money had been stolen!

I judge my dad for calling me for two weeks and not leaving a voicemail telling me what he wanted, then getting all bent out of shape that I didn't get back to him (we're not close...not at all...and I figured he was just calling to make small talk), and finally for having the nerve to ask me to come over and clean up his kitchen with a mess that HE made from stuff HE brought home. THAT'S what he wanted for two whole weeks. Instead of cleaning it up himself.

I judge my brother (just a tiny bit, but still, I judge him) for not understanding my issues with seeing our dad - or maybe not understanding, but at least respecting. I'm glad they have a good relationship and that they actually want to spend time together. It's not like that for me, and I don't want to feel ridiculous for distancing myself from a person who has never really been all that good to me.

I judge the universe for two things: 1) THE WEATHER, LIKE WHAT THE HELLLLLL, and 2) for having my patient in clinical get discharged within two hours of us getting there yesterday. I had no time to do my interview for my project properly and will probably have to redo the whole thing because I didn't get enough information. I am annoyed.
  • Options
    I'm judging the guy in charge of hiring at the place I recently applied to. He EMAILED me asking me to come in for an interview...EMAILED. I've never, ever had any place set up an interview thru emailing. Every place has called and personally set one up over the phone. Either way, I didnt get that email until this morning...he sent it last thursday. I emailed him back but havent heard from him. I was expecting a call, not an email. Grrrrr.

ETA:  I'm also kinda judging myself for not checking that email account.  I don't use it often, but still....
    My initial contact for my current job was through email. 

I judge that you put an email address on your resume/job application that you "don't use often." When I was applying for jobs, I was refreshing my email every 30 seconds, it felt like. 

• Options

I judge people who pre-plan their life. My MOH just asked her supervisor if she can take more breaks after she has a child for breast feeding.

She's not even pregnant...

Wedding Countdown Ticker

image 59 Invited
    image 36 Yes
    image 2 No
    image 21 Unknown
  • Options
    @severmilli12 I'm judging you for applying for a job and providing an email you don't check constantly.  I get almost all of my interviews set up through email.  Welcome to the real world?

I'll probably get kicked off the knot for my previous judge, but really...I'm not being evil - I'm just saying I hope you learned your lesson from this incident, because it's an important lesson to learn.

I also massively judge my new computer because it didn't want to recognize my ipod.  I mean, obviously I've been very productive today (but I did fix it!)
    I guess, to tell you the truth, I've never had much of a desire to grow facial hair. I think I've managed to play quarterback just fine without a mustache. - Peyton
  • Options
    ShallowSeasShallowSeas member
    First Anniversary First Answer First Comment 5 Love Its
    edited January 2014
    Blue & White
    @BriSox81

totally agree. I judged myself for not checking it. This is the first job I've applied to that actually set something up via email...lesson learned I guess. Won't be making that mistake again.
    Anniversary

• Options
    @severmilli12 phew :)  I was getting a little worried there!  I have like 10,000 email addresses for various things but usually send all the important stuff to my main email address.  Plus, I have my phone set up to check multiple accounts (mainly my main account and my wedding account) at once.  Takes the difficulty out of it :)
  • Options
    OH!  And I judge everyone that posts about circumcision on facebook.  STOP TELLING ME HOW TO RAISE MY NONEXISTENT KIDDOS!  AND STOP TALKING ABOUT THEIR PRIVATE PARTS!

I can't tell you how many people I've unfriended lately.
  • Options
    @TwoDimes I'm with you on all of those.

I also judge people who abuse our work from home policy. Like my boss, who always works from home on the days when she's reviewing our campaign orders because she "can get more done that way." Incidentally, those are the days when the rest of us really need her to be here. Argh.

I judge my upstairs neighbor for always having her guests park in the tenant-only parking at our building - the rules don't apply to her because, you know, reasons. I've affectionately nicknamed her "Snowflake".

I judge my coworker for coming in with a new Tory Burch bag every month or so but then complaining that a marriage license costs $100.

And last but not least, I judge the self-righteous northerners (no offense to any of you knotties from the north) who keep saying that the snow in Atlanta "wasn't that bad." I love a good snow as much as the next midwestern transplant (and there are a lot of us here) - but we just don't have the infrastructure to deal with it. So I also judge Nathan Deal and Kasim Reed just like everyone else in Georgia.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

• Options
    @severmilli1 - DEFINITELY use an email you check daily, if not multiple times daily, on applications & resumes. You just never know! 

Even now, my Outlook (work) & gmail (personal) are both open all day, AND both accounts push to my phone. 

• Options
    I judge people who passive aggressively post crap on Facebook as a way to get money or help for free, and then praise God for how these things magically fall in their lap.  Um no, you solicited the help.  Thanking a higher power doesn't make what you did right.  Grow a pair and learn how to be a responsible adult.  Having three children and running a business does not grant you any more of a pass than the rest of society.  

On the same token, I judge people who use the guise of non-profit for money and volunteers. Non-profit does not mean you aren't getting paid.  It means you have no profit at the end of the year.  Your business benefits you and is not a community center.  Stop asking for free help.  Well, on second thought, if you are stupid enough to do th work for free, you deserve to be manipulated.

I judge anyone that tells me getting pregnant is easy, and to relax.  It's not fucking easy.  If it was my ute would be occupied.   
    photo bridalparty.jpg
  • Options
    I'll admit that I was like "DAAAAAAAAAMN Georgia!" when I saw that 2 inches of snow shut them down. But then I thought about the fact that they are not used to this and don't have the salt and sand trucks we have here. They still have roads shut down because of abandoned cars though, right? Why haven't people been able to get back out there and get them? Are the road conditions still bad?
    "Stuart was scared, but he loved Margalo, Mommy. And there is nothing bigger than love." -The Bean
     "His farts smell like Satan's asshole mixed with a skunk's vagina. But it's okay, because I love him." -CSousa

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards