Not Engaged Yet

Thursday Judges

2»

Re: Thursday Judges

• I judge the people who say that FI and I "rushed" and booked things too early. Um, fuck you, unless you're paying (oh, that's right, you're not) then mind your fucking business.

What. The. Fuck is with people today???

Wedding Countdown Ticker

image 59 Invited
    image 36 Yes
    image 2 No
    image 21 Unknown
  • @beanbot2002 - We don't have the infrastructure to deal with it at all. I think we have something like 40 salt trucks and plows for the whole metro area. The real problem was that everyone left work and school at the same time as soon as it started snowing, grid-locking all the highways and main roads while the roads iced over, so then those cars really couldn't go anywhere (to add to my previous judge - this has NOTHING to do with people in the south not knowing how to drive in snow) and the salt trucks couldn't get through either. I drove in this morning and the roads are pretty clear now and most of the abandoned cars are gone.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

• TwoDimes said:
    I judge people who abuse paid sick leave.

I judge women who wear leggings to work in place of pants when their work is professional, and they work with the public daily.

I judge people who have loud cell phone conversations in public places.

I judge people who take a million hours to check out in the grocery line because they painstakingly pick out pennies from the change purse to get exact change.

I judge people who call a business phone number (like my work) to ask questions, but can't bother to turn down their radio or television (or noisy children!) so that I can actually hear what they are saying!

Ugh. I'm feeling extra judge-y today. I have a ton more, but I feel like then you would all judge me for complaining to much!
    I'll confess that I'm wearing leggings at work right now. I don't have to meet with students today, I'm just sitting in my office grading. Also, I sometimes wear them to lecture because I like to go to the gym right after and I don't want to have to change.

• @lalalaurita that's actually an amazing amount of ice trucks etc. we only had 6 plows for Hampton roads in Virginia. Which is a huge area with tons of people. School has been shut down for like 3 days with 6-8 inches of snow.

Just glad things are starting to get back to normal. My parents' flights are all messed up cause of the storm (not a big deal in the big scheme of things but can be annoying)
    I guess, to tell you the truth, I've never had much of a desire to grow facial hair. I think I've managed to play quarterback just fine without a mustache. - Peyton
  • @lalalaurita I think that number is the total number of salt trucks/gravel trucks/plows in the state...not just Atlanta. But I'm not sure.

I'm judging my dog right now because she keeps farting. It's kind of hilarious...but really Cinders...when did you turn into such a tootie-butt? Every time she stands up on her hind paws to look out the window another little toot will slip out. Thank goodness they don't seem to smell...otherwise she would have gassed me out of my office a long time ago.

• I don't mind leggings with a nice tunic top and a good pair of boots, in the work place. Several of my coworkers (professional engineers) do that and it looks just fine. And we primarily deal with the public. I have one pair of leggings and have worn them a couple times to work (I haven't recently because I have some serious jiggly butt and thunder thighs right now).
    "Stuart was scared, but he loved Margalo, Mommy. And there is nothing bigger than love." -The Bean
     "His farts smell like Satan's asshole mixed with a skunk's vagina. But it's okay, because I love him." -CSousa

• @Blue&White I think @lmhollister might be right - 40 total for the whole state. Either way, they couldn't get through to clear the roads because of all the cars. Are you doing anything fun on your snow days??

Wedding Countdown Ticker

• @lalalaurita I wish. ;) On Tuesdays I usually work from home so I didn't get stuck in the traffic mess. I've been stuck at home since then but haven't had the excuse to avoid work since I have a laptop and an internet connection. It's been a really really busy past couple of days. I'm going a little stir crazy honestly. I hope I get to get out for a little while tomorrow on my lunch break. How about you?

• I'm judging the bakery that emailed me back saying that we could try their carrot cake.

Story time. Enjoy.

My family LOVES cake. Cake and frosting. Mostly frosting, I guess. Our preferred cake and frosting combination is spice cake with vanilla frosting. I actually am so used to this being "the best" cake/frosting combo that I baked my partner J a spice cake with vanilla frosting for one of his birthdays ... and was surprised when he requested a different flavor for the following year ("Why would you want plain cake? Why would you want lemony frosting? Are you not feeling well or something?"). I've always dreamt of having spice cake with vanilla buttercream as my wedding cake to the point where I don't give a shit what the cake looks like as long as it's the right flavor and tastes amazing.

J is traditional about wedding cakes for some reason and thinks that wedding cake should be white cake with fruit filling and white frosting of whatever flavor goes with the rest of the cake. I think that's gross. We spent a lot of time brainstorming ways to have different flavored layers in the cake while ALSO making sure that his family could eat the weird fruity cake and my family could eat the amazing perfect spice cake (it was likely out of our budget to have different flavored layers or different cakes, and our venue serves the cake randomly to guests, so guests don't get to choose layers).

However, our dilemma was solved when my grandmother offered to pay for our wedding cake (no restrictions on budget, design, or flavor). Because my family was paying for the cake, J graciously insisted that it be spice cake with vanilla frosting. Since we DID budget to pay for a cake, I am now using that money to get him a groom's cake because I am the best. So he can have his weird "normal" wedding cake and we can still serve the best cake ever to the rest of the guests.

A couple of days ago, I started looking up bakeries for our cake tastings. I found several bakeries that look promising, including a couple that do offer spice cake as an option. Two REALLY amazing looking/sounding bakeries that came highly recommended to us do not list spice cake, so I emailed them asking about custom cake flavors. I explained that we were looking for two cakes, and that one needed to be spice cake; it was not listed on their site, but could they do a custom flavor for us?

One bakery emailed us back saying absolutely, and also answered several other questions (including what kind of buttercream they use, and the cost per slice of a custom flavor).

The other ... well, let's preface this by saying that I'm feeling irrationally irritated and this may actually qualify as my first BSC bridezilla moment.

They replied saying that a lot of couples request spice cake for wedding cake tastings (okay, great) ... and what the bakery has found in the past is that their carrot cake is very similar to spice cake, especially since they grate the carrots very finely so they're not overpowering. Would we like to set up a cake tasting?

I'm judging them for not just saying, "No, we do not do spice cake," and THEN explaining the carrot cake situation. I'm judging them for thinking I would ever insult my family by serving them carrot cake. I am such a fucking cake diva.

tl;dr: A bakery offended my delicate sensibilities by offering carrot cake instead of spice cake, and it's irritating me way more than it should.
    Anniversary
    now with ~* INCREASED SASSINESS *~
  • TwoDimes said:
    I don't mind leggings with a nice tunic top and a good pair of boots, in the work place. Several of my coworkers (professional engineers) do that and it looks just fine. And we primarily deal with the public. I have one pair of leggings and have worn them a couple times to work (I haven't recently because I have some serious jiggly butt and thunder thighs right now).
    I don't really mind leggings with a nice tunic and a good pair of boots either, but I think those two things are pretty essential to class it up professionalism-wise. 

My particular judgement was aimed at a coworker wearing leggings today with a short top (not tunic) so that her crotch and ass are pretty in-your-face, and the leggings were stuffed into salty-dirty Ugg boots (and we don't have snow right now). Plus I feel like there are some nice leggings, and some cheapo leggings. These are the type that are pretty much see-through in the places where they are stretching... aka ass. Both leggings and Uggs are against our dress code, so that's mainly my beef today.
    Wow, one of my partners at work could be this person!! I agree. Many people have commented on it, but our principal has never addressed her about the leggings and uggs. It's her first year, she should know better and be trying hard. 
  • I judge my co-workers who can't do their damn jobs, forcing me to do theirs FOR THEM, thus pushing off what I have to do.

I judge the driver who rear-ended me for pretending that hitting me cracked his bumper when my car has NO DAMAGE.

I judge DH for feeling obligated to spend time with his BSC grandmother and then thinking he can foist that responsibility off on me.
    Anniversary

I'm gonna go with 'not my circus, not my monkeys.'
  • Ok, now I'm home from work.  And I'm putting my fucking judgy hat on!

I judge:

-People who abuse having a really nice boss who doesn't breathe down their necks by taking hour long coffee breaks in addition to lunch, putting makeup on at their desk, curling their hair at their desk, texting their boyfriends all day, getting their nails done for an hour (NOT their lunch break), making long distance phone calls to other countries on the company phone, arriving late, leaving early, abusing the company credit card, stealing company credit card "points" and using them to buy things for themselves, never inviting the new girl out after work yet always talking with your other co-worker about how much fun you both had doing XYZ in FRONT of said new girl...  And then on TOP of all of that, still bitching about how bad your job is! 
    (As you can tell, I have no one particular in mind there...)

-Really jealous people.  If something great happens in the life of someone you care about, BE HAPPY FOR THEM.  Stop comparing your life vs. theirs.  It isn't ABOUT you.  And you probably have 1,000 other things going for you that they don't have!  Be confident in yourself, and the good things in your life.  And be happy for the other person.  Because I guarantee you there are plenty of other things going on in their lives that are not enviable.

-People who whine on Facebook ALL.DAY.LONG.  Listen, everyone whines.  I do, too.  But by going on Facebook, where not only your closest friends see you whine, but EVERYONE, including professors, colleagues, and acquaintances will see it.  All you're doing is getting on a pedestal and telling everyone who's ever known you, "I'm a hot mess!"  Do you really want your acquaintances to know that your car broke down for the 3rd time this week and you can't fix it because you have no money because you tricked your BF into getting you KTFU and know you're pregnant and transportation-less?  Didn't think so.

-People who are mean and nasty to you on a daily basis, but are nice to you when you offer to get them something from Starbucks, or Walgreens...or otherwise need money from you.  (Cough, see #1, cough)

-People who ask women if they're pregnant when they do NOT look pregnant.

-People who actually took the time to petition President Obama to deport Justin Beiber.  Seriously, do you have nothing better to do?  He's a 19 year old kid with too much money, not enough guidance, and too much access to illegal substances.  What'd ya think he was gunna do?

-People who have no concept of a budget or living within their means, when they make WAY more money than most people do.

-DH's job.  For giving him a 2 hour commute EACH way...for no real reason.  He's back downtown starting Monday, but I judge the shit out of them for putting him through this for the past month.  Not ok, people.  Not ok.
  • @phira I'm sorry about your cake! When the day comes I will probably enlist my grandmother to help me make the cake, because she has some unique recipes that I absolutely love. For me it's a black walnut chiffon cake with bergamot icing.

@lmhollister jealous that you can work from home - wish I could do that. I took a vacation day on Tuesday bc I was supposed to have a job interview out in Sandy Springs. BF lives nearby so I stopped at at his place on the way to change clothes and drop off my dog. I figured we'd have dinner after my interview and then I would go home - lol no. Interview was canceled and it took me 2 hours to drive a few miles over to his place so I realized there was no way I was driving downtown. So I stayed there until this morning then went to the office. Roads are pretty clear around here, are they still icy where you live?
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

• @lalalaurita Thanks! It'll be fine, honestly; there's another bakery that carries spice cake normally, and another one that does it all the time for custom cakes but just doesn't ALWAYS have spice cake in the bakery, ready to be purchased.

Black walnut chiffon cake + bergamot icing = omggg.
    Anniversary
  • I judge coworkers who abuse the 10-minute break rule.  I have several who will take almost twenty minutes.  My boss has cracked down on them though, so most people have gotten better.

I judge BF just a little for wearing a Von Dutch hat.  Feel free to judge me for this, but the only guys I've ever known to wear Von Dutch have been HUGE assholes.

I judge the driver who almost sideswiped me because they almost couldn't get in front of me in time.  They wanted in front of me because I didn't accelerate fast enough, but then they slowed to under the speed limit.

I judged a lot of the customers today at work because a lot of them were rude.  I understand they may have had a bad day, but don't take it out on the minimum-wage slave who is trying their best to get your order correct so that there isn't anything else wrong with your day.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • I judge myself for not going to the gym yet this week.  I'm on week 3 of the Couch to 5K and not doing very well...ugh I need motivation.

I judge my boss for being so micromanaging.  I can't take it anymore!!!!!!!!  My bosses come from a different culture, where the expected work ethic is so much more than I am used to.  I feel like I'm under the microscope 24/7 while at work, and I don't work well that way.  It also doesn't help that English isn't their first language, so I think a lot of things get lost in translation.  I also judge myself for not finding a new job.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • @sbehbaha - You should get a gym buddy! I started going with one of my good friends this week and in just three days I was motivated enough to run 2 miles! It really helps to have someone to keep you accountable to go to the gym and to push you at the gym.

• My boyfriend is my gym buddy, but he works full time and is going to school part time, and he's been bogged down with homework, so he hasn't had time to go, and when he doesn't go, I lose my motivation to go.

And my other friends...our work schedules don't align :(

And those are my two lame excuses for not going to the gym... instead of admitting that I didn't go to the gym because I'm lazy :p
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I judge my boss' boss, he says one thing and then did another and nothing ever gets done.

I judge myself for being over emotional lately, and for not being able to get enough sleep.

I judge my co-workers who complain about people who "don't do their jobs right" and then are lazy and don't do their jobs

I judge my family for complaining that I don't call them enough, yet they don't ever call me and I have to make first contact. I'm kind of sick of the bullshiz
  • @sbehbaha I haven't even finished week 1. Right now, I'm prioritizing even making it to work on a daily basis :(

Tomorrow, I'm going to finish week 1 on my way home. I've done day 1 of it three times and day 2 a couple times, and they haven't felt very challenging, so I think that by at least moving to week 2 next week, I'll feel a little more motivated.
    Anniversary
  • phira said:
    I'm judging the bakery that emailed me back saying that we could try their carrot cake.

Story time. Enjoy.

My family LOVES cake. Cake and frosting. Mostly frosting, I guess. Our preferred cake and frosting combination is spice cake with vanilla frosting. I actually am so used to this being "the best" cake/frosting combo that I baked my partner J a spice cake with vanilla frosting for one of his birthdays ... and was surprised when he requested a different flavor for the following year ("Why would you want plain cake? Why would you want lemony frosting? Are you not feeling well or something?"). I've always dreamt of having spice cake with vanilla buttercream as my wedding cake to the point where I don't give a shit what the cake looks like as long as it's the right flavor and tastes amazing.

J is traditional about wedding cakes for some reason and thinks that wedding cake should be white cake with fruit filling and white frosting of whatever flavor goes with the rest of the cake. I think that's gross. We spent a lot of time brainstorming ways to have different flavored layers in the cake while ALSO making sure that his family could eat the weird fruity cake and my family could eat the amazing perfect spice cake (it was likely out of our budget to have different flavored layers or different cakes, and our venue serves the cake randomly to guests, so guests don't get to choose layers).

However, our dilemma was solved when my grandmother offered to pay for our wedding cake (no restrictions on budget, design, or flavor). Because my family was paying for the cake, J graciously insisted that it be spice cake with vanilla frosting. Since we DID budget to pay for a cake, I am now using that money to get him a groom's cake because I am the best. So he can have his weird "normal" wedding cake and we can still serve the best cake ever to the rest of the guests.

A couple of days ago, I started looking up bakeries for our cake tastings. I found several bakeries that look promising, including a couple that do offer spice cake as an option. Two REALLY amazing looking/sounding bakeries that came highly recommended to us do not list spice cake, so I emailed them asking about custom cake flavors. I explained that we were looking for two cakes, and that one needed to be spice cake; it was not listed on their site, but could they do a custom flavor for us?

One bakery emailed us back saying absolutely, and also answered several other questions (including what kind of buttercream they use, and the cost per slice of a custom flavor).

The other ... well, let's preface this by saying that I'm feeling irrationally irritated and this may actually qualify as my first BSC bridezilla moment.

They replied saying that a lot of couples request spice cake for wedding cake tastings (okay, great) ... and what the bakery has found in the past is that their carrot cake is very similar to spice cake, especially since they grate the carrots very finely so they're not overpowering. Would we like to set up a cake tasting?

I'm judging them for not just saying, "No, we do not do spice cake," and THEN explaining the carrot cake situation. I'm judging them for thinking I would ever insult my family by serving them carrot cake. I am such a fucking cake diva.

tl;dr: A bakery offended my delicate sensibilities by offering carrot cake instead of spice cake, and it's irritating me way more than it should.
    I can't even judge this remark.
  • I judge my doctor for telling me to stop pink eye antibiotic drops after 3 days, and now my pink eye is back and I've been up all night with crusting, swollen, burning eyes.

I judge my neighbors for not putting tags on their pit bull, who they throw in the backyard although they know he jumps the fence constantly.  PUT TAGS ON YOUR DOG.  MAKE SURE HE IS SECURE.  H and I tried to keep him in our garage last night, but at midnight I checked on him and he had torn the place up, chewed everything, knocked things over...  we tried to put him in our backyard but he jumped the fence and ran away.  I also judge them because it's 5 AM and they still haven't come home.  they are a bunch of college-aged kids living together in a rent house, and they are always coming and going.  nobody even knows who officially lives there.  I JUDGE THEM.

I judge my next door neighbor who thinks it's appropriate to let his cat use my flowerbed for a litterbox for the past year.

I judge pink eye.  I JUDGE IT SO HARD.  I judge myself for missing 2 days already, and probably going to have to miss today, too.
  • I'm late to the judging party but I have to put a few things in.

Like @loves2shop4shoes - I judge people who ask a woman if she is pregnant when she isn't.  My dry cleaner just got his GF/FI/whatever KU so she works there now and she asked me if I was pregnant recently.  I was wearing a winter coat and, yes, I've gained some weight but WTF.  Her excuse "Oh, I'm pregnant so I just think everyone is".  Sure, lady, that's going to help me not down a bottle of wine in my misery later.

I also judge people who "walk" their dogs off-leash in the city where it is illegal.  Your dog may be great off-leash but mine isn't good on leash when your off-leash dog runs up to mine with you screaming "he's friendly" while I try to tame my now-Kujo dog.

I judge the fact that I can't train my dog to be good on leash too despite hiring multiple trainers.  It stresses me out to walk him with this snow and ice but I think he's a little dumb too so I judge him (he spends his entire "work" day at a dog daycare with other dogs friendly as can be and the second he sees a dog outside its like he's turned into a monster).  I love my dog, though, so don't worry.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards