New Jersey

Help me fill in our 4 hour gap

13»

Re: Help me fill in our 4 hour gap

• Why thank you, and by AE do you mean alter ego? or perhaps aeronautical engineer? The simple answer is no to either of those possibilities. Just trying to get some info here
    If you haven't caught on yet, Joan would be 1 of the bullies of the Knot.  I was actually warned about her by some of my friends and even a couple vendors who are on The Knot...don't pay any attention to her.  She simply posts to ruffle feathers.
  • @jennkurtz - Really? Bully? And posting to ruffle feathers? @JoanE2012 posts responses that encourage etiquette and brides to stop. thinking. only. about. themselves.
  • Jenn7778Jenn7778 member
    First Answer First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its
    edited February 2014
    @ashleynicole1218 when other people warned me about her by name they all can't be wrong...on top of the others that have said it on this and other boards...so yes, in my opinion she is rude, abrasive and just posts to ruffle feathers and hear herself speak. There are ways to give advice in a constructive way without making people feel less then human and bad about themselves, which is what she did to this OP and to others on other threads.

I am not saying that she is always wrong, it is the way that things are said and they way the words are aimed to hurt and personalize rather then be helpful.  That is all I was trying to say.

On that note I will no longer post on this subject as it has been beaten to death on this and other threads.  
  • @ashleynicole1218  I agree with @jennkurtz!  Joan has been nasty to myself on numerous occasions.  The first reply she ever gave me was worth me looking into, but her following responses were taken as nasty and uncalled for. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    Michelle & Ronald
    01/03/81
    06/18/81
    08/25/10
    05/07/13
    03/15/14

image172 Invites sent
    image 132 adults and 3 kids are party animals
    image 40 are party poopers
    image 0 awaiting reply
    Need 8 adults to make minimum.  Eek.
  • @ashleynicole1218  I agree with @jennkurtz!  Joan has been nasty to myself on numerous occasions.  The first reply she ever gave me was worth me looking into, but her following responses were taken as nasty and uncalled for. 
    Telling someone the truth does not equal nasty.  Not validating a bad idea does not equal nasty.  
  • JoanE2012JoanE2012 member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    edited February 2014
    jennkurtz said:
    Why thank you, and by AE do you mean alter ego? or perhaps aeronautical engineer? The simple answer is no to either of those possibilities. Just trying to get some info here
    If you haven't caught on yet, Joan would be 1 of the bullies of the Knot.  I was actually warned about her by some of my friends and even a couple vendors who are on The Knot...don't pay any attention to her.  She simply posts to ruffle feathers.
    Huh, how do you know they are a vendor?  Because vendors aren't allowed to advertise here.  Is it a vendor in disguise?  Are they soliciting business?  Hmmmm.......
  • Jenn7778Jenn7778 member
    First Answer First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its
    edited February 2014
    They are not advertising here or posting here or pretending to be someone else. They are actually vendors I am using which is how I know them.  They did not contact me via The Knot.  If you think vendors do not look on these boards you are kidding yourself. They read reviews and look at the forums just like we all do. I never said they post...just that they had seen postings.
    JoanE2012 said:

jennkurtz said:

Why thank you, and by AE do you mean alter ego? or perhaps aeronautical engineer? The simple answer is no to either of those possibilities. Just trying to get some info here

Huh, how do you know they are a vendor?  Because vendors aren't allowed to advertise here.  Is it a vendor in disguise?  Are they soliciting business?  Hmmmm.......

• JoanE2012JoanE2012 member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    edited February 2014
    jennkurtz said: 
    They are not advertising here or posting here or pretending to be someone else. They are actually vendors I am using which is how I know them.  They did not contact me via The Knot.  If you think vendors do not look on these boards you are kidding yourself. They read reviews and look at the forums just like we all do. I never said they post...just that they had seen postings.

jennkurtz said:
    That's good!  I think it's smart that businesses read and see what people are saying about them.  They can use it to provide better service, product, etc.  I mention because I've seen too many vendors actually try and solicit here or post under an AE and solicit via PMs and such, and it's just kind of shady.
  • I have never seen Joan give anything but good, honest advice.  Yes sometimes things around here get snarky (especially on the actual Etiquette board) but the regular posters here honestly want to help others avoid faux pas.  Better to get blunt advice on a message board than lose friends IRL because you (general "you") treated them like shit at your wedding.

OP, I'm glad you found something to host and fill in your gap.  That's all that ever needed to happen in the first place.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

"I'm not a rude bitch.  I'm ten rude bitches in a large coat."

• I have never seen Joan give anything but good, honest advice.  Yes sometimes things around here get snarky (especially on the actual Etiquette board) but the regular posters here honestly want to help others avoid faux pas.  Better to get blunt advice on a message board than lose friends IRL because you (general "you") treated them like shit at your wedding.

OP, I'm glad you found something to host and fill in your gap.  That's all that ever needed to happen in the first place.
    Well i just read the history of this post, and yes, ill say that she gave good, honest advice, unfortunately the part that was good wasn't honest and the part that was honest wasn't very good, but that's neither here nor there...

If one's friend's would abandon them because of a wedding gap, i wouldn't call them friends, and i don't think a gap constitutes treating them like shit... 
  • WOW..... I was always under the impression these community boards were here to help out fellow knotties, not rip them apart when they are in a jam. Instead of possible solutions/ideas to her issue, she gets scolded about being in the jam she is in. I have an idea...instead of throwing insults and dwelling on how this issue came to be, offer up some ideas. How would any of you like it if you came to the boards with an issue just to get ridiculed regarding how that issue came to be. 
  • WOW..... I was always under the impression these community boards were here to help out fellow knotties, not rip them apart when they are in a jam. Instead of possible solutions/ideas to her issue, she gets scolded about being in the jam she is in. I have an idea...instead of throwing insults and dwelling on how this issue came to be, offer up some ideas. How would any of you like it if you came to the boards with an issue just to get ridiculed regarding how that issue came to be. 
    Well said
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards