Wedding Party

Last minute, affordable Bridesmaid dresses search

Anyone have any suggestions for last minute cheap bridesmaid dresses ? Like under $90. They can just be everyday dresses they can wear again, nothing fancy. Wedding is March 7 so we have 37 days and need dresses ASAP! I've been looking online at like modcloth and jcpennys, just haven't found anything I was crazy about. The wedding will be a rustic theme, with lace and burlap, aqua and coral are my colors and I'm looking for a knee length or short dress for the girls to wear with cowboys boots. . .

Re: Last minute, affordable Bridesmaid dresses search

• Have you looked at Target? They have BM dresses that are very reasonably priced.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • My girls got their dresses at Macy's for $60.
    What did you think would happen if you walked up to a group of internet strangers and told them to get shoehorned by their lady doc?~StageManager14
  • At this point, I would just ask them to wear their own little black dresses.  Then you don't have to worry about ordering or any of that.  

You could get a wrap to add in your colors.  
  • At this point, I would just ask them to wear their own little black dresses.  Then you don't have to worry about ordering or any of that.  

You could get a wrap to add in your colors.  
    Yup.  This one comes in Malibu, which is similar to aqua:
    As an added bonus most of them probably already own a LBD.

Or you could have them pick their own cream or ivory dresses with a coral sash (which I think would look super cute with cowboy boots, btw):
    Formerly known as flutterbride2b
  • AddieCakeAddieCake member
    First Anniversary First Answer First Comment 5 Love Its
    edited February 2014
    I think wearing black dresses and getting a colored wrap is a great idea. You don't have time to be dicking around here. 

May I ask why dresses were not found prior to this? You really should have been more concerned with this than how to include all the kids in the WP. I know that sounds bitchy and isn't necessary or helpful, but I'm very confused as to your priorities here. 

What did you think would happen if you walked up to a group of internet strangers and told them to get shoehorned by their lady doc?~StageManager14
  • I just ordered my dresses from Target for $70 bucks. They are really cute and the girls will be wearing them with cowboy boots as well. We ordered a bunch of sizes and then returned the ones that didn't fit. The Ocean color is amazing and would go great with coral. 
  • Thank you for all the suggestions ! So helpful ! I am going to look at target , didn't even know they carried them ! & that's very affordable !

Little black dress would be very cute but probably not gonna work since everything else will be brown & rustic I think that'd clash too much . & David's bridal doesn't have the right shade I'm going for , I need more of a pastel color .

We've been looking for dresses , just haven't found one I like . I wasn't "dicking around" . Sorry but My priorities really aren't your concern. :)
  • Thank you for all the suggestions ! So helpful ! I am going to look at target , didn't even know they carried them ! & that's very affordable ! Little black dress would be very cute but probably not gonna work since everything else will be brown & rustic I think that'd clash too much . & David's bridal doesn't have the right shade I'm going for , I need more of a pastel color . We've been looking for dresses , just haven't found one I like . I wasn't "dicking around" . Sorry but My priorities really aren't your concern. :)
    You made details about your wedding everyone here's concern when you posted them on this forum. And as far as "dicking around," I didn't say you HAD been. I meant that there's no time left TO dick around, as in no time left to be shopping and losing any more days not finding anything. 

• A little black dress goes with anything. Even brown and rustic.

• WildMageletWildMagelet member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment First Answer
    edited February 2014
    I agree with @Maggie0829. LBDs go with everything. imageimageimageimageimage

Edit:  So...the middle one is more of a dark grey or blue, but the point still stands :)
  • Oh man, that last picture - those poor girls in the convertible dresses. That looks like 5 accidents waiting to happen. 

OP you're way past the time where you get to be picky. Pick a color, length, and fabric and let them pick their own dresses. And then let it go - if you wanted to be picky, you should have been handling this issue 4-6 months ago. Please don't make your girls go running around wild last minute for a dress that fits your vision. 
  • PDKH said:
    Oh man, that last picture - those poor girls in the convertible dresses. That looks like 5 accidents waiting to happen. 

Yeah, if that BM in the middle was standing a few inches closer to the bride it wouldn't look like she was wearing a top at all!  

• PDKH said:

Oh man, that last picture - those poor girls in the convertible dresses. That looks like 5 accidents waiting to happen. 

Yeah, if that BM in the middle was standing a few inches closer to the bride it wouldn't look like she was wearing a top at all!  

Mazel Tov!
  • wandajune6wandajune6 member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    edited February 2014
    Dresses are hard, especially if the girls all have different figures. Once you take into account order time and time for alterations, you might need to make some compromises. If you need a variety of sizes/fits, you might try department stores that have offerings in multiple sizes ranges. For instance, Macy's carries lots of brands in petite, misses, and women's.

With a $90 budget, Amazon's broad assortment of pashmina-like wraps will be perfect. Most colors are under $10 and there are a ton of colors.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Do all the girls already have cowboy boots and have mentioned wanting to wear them?

I love flash sale sites like Gilt and Rue La La (which is actually having a party dress sale right now)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards