Alright, so My wedding is July 25, 2014. I booked my reception at a place called Bluemound Gardens; they weren't my first choice, but they were in the budget. All of a sudden last week I got a call from one of my friends (who is having her reception at the same venue two weeks before) and she tells me that something just passed in the city government which is allowing our venue to turn into foreign student housing! What?!?!? The thing is that the venue wasn't even the one to tell us! She went to another hotel to set off a block of rooms, and that's where she found out! Now we've come to find out that their contract won't go through until March 18th, so they won't allow us to pull out of ours until that point! We found another venue who is working with us on our budget, and I actually like it better than Bluemound. But they still won't let us out of our contract. This other venue is an option right now, and they're holding the room for us for a week, but they will not hold it until March (which is sensible business, but could leave me without a venue) They're also not willing to refund any money until after they pull out of the contract. Without that money we don't have everything we need for a down payment anywhere else.
We're not holding it against the wedding coordinator because it's not his fault that the owner won't let us out of the contract, but he's the only one we can get a hold of. The problem is the owner refuses to contact us. We've tried numerous times in the past week to talk to him, and we've been told twice that he would call at a specific time, and he never called! If he won't call, how do I get out of a contract? If he doesn't let me out of the contract, do I need to wait until March to sign another one? What do I do without the money for another deposit?