October 2015 Weddings
Options

What have you already booked/Decided on?

I've booked:
Venue (it is for both the ceremony & reception), DJ, Photographer, Photo booth, Officiant

I already know:
My colors, linens person, caterer, my bridal party.

I am going back to school in a few weeks and wanted to get all the big stuff out of the way early! I couldn't believe my original venue was already booked!
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: What have you already booked/Decided on?

• Options
    Wow, you have so much done already!  Go you!

We've got our venue (ceremony and reception in same place) and our photographer booked so far.  I actually have my gown already (long story).

Pretty nailed down on colors and the overall look, and have already chosen and asked everyone in our bridal party.  We know who our bar service provider will be, but haven't booked yet.  Still working out ideas for the decor.  Up next will be choosing a caterer, but we're giving ourselves a few months to do that!

I have to say I'm kind of loving being able to take our time to do everything!

• Options
    Hello! 
    Booked:
    Venue/Caterer (venue provides ceremony space, reception area, dinner, centerpieces, DJ...)

Know:
    Colors
    Most of wedding party is chosen... waiting until we get a bit closer to tell everyone though. 

BF hasn't proposed yet either. Paying for everything ourselves, so we went ahead and booked a venue to lock in pricing. Once he proposes we'll start booking the other things.

It's definitely nice having so much time to plan this... I'm not sure how most people plan and pay for a wedding in a year. I've already gotten stressed about a few things, and we still have a year and a half to go! lol

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    @weewittlwizabeth -Yea I hear you about stressing already! We are also paying everything ourselves after buying a house this year. It's hard but I've made my budget and am sticking to it! A year & a half and I've already gotten stressed about a few things.

I have decided that somethings will just fall into place.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Oh wow, I can't imagine buying a house and paying for a wedding so close together. You are awesome for handling so much at one time!

And yes, you're right. Everything will work itself out... but in the meantime we stress lol

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    We have our venue, dj, and photo/video.  I am so confused on colors and can't seem to figure the bridal party out either.  I have like 9 girls I would want, so I guess ill just wait and see how the next few months go!
  • Options
    We have our church, venue, photographer, DJ, photo booth booked, and decorator.

The decorator and I sat down and worked out the flowers and decorations ( so much fun )

In 2 weeks I will be ordering my bridal gown!

Bridals side of the bridal party is all asked!

I'm probably a tad ahead but I'm currently in school and could be starting my clinicals next fall so I want as much done as possible. 

• Options
    Wow you ladies are good! Wedding date is 10/10/15, just got engaged last month. Already overwhelmed looking for an affordable venue in NYC. Help! :)
  • Options
    LittlePeachBlossom I do believe you make #4 for 10/10/15!!! Congrats!  Are you looking like right in the City or suburbs? Good Luck! :)
  • Options
    We've figured out colors, bridal party (only the girls have been asked) and venue.  Hope to book the venue this week!  

I've actually picked up most of my flowers (silk ones from Michaels) and they look AMAZING!  I'm so excited!
  • Options
    KSchaefer90 I also decided on silk flowers for the centerpieces. one large hydrangea, 3 peonies, and 3 spider mums all ivory! What did you end of choosing? Whens your date? 
  • Options
    @Rabecky0217, We haven't figured out what's going in the centerpieces yet, but we are doing something w/ wine bottles.  I have one large hydrangea as well :) It's burgundy & I have 3 stems of burnt orange ranunculus & 2 stems of an ivory/ very pale yellow large baby's breath!  We just booked our venue for 10/24/15!! :)
  • Options
    Thanks, Congrats to you too! Currently I'm looking at all boroughs trying to find something even remotely affordable. I live in NJ but my Fiance and I are originally from NY so 95% of our guests are from Queens. I dont want to make so many schlep it out to jersey and have to worry about them getting lost. 
  • Options
    I've bought my dress, my reception venue is pending... I know where I'm getting my flowers from (just ordering from Samsclub.com and going to DIY). Also, our date is 10/10/15 too!
    LilySlim Weight loss tickers
  • Options
    So far, I have decided on our color scheme, theme, ceremony venue, officiant, save-the-dates/invites, the BM dress, and centerpieces. I already have a photographer in mind, as well, but I need to speak with her this weekend at our local bridal show.

I'm glad someone else is a little energizer bunny just like me :) 
  • Options
    We put the deposit on the venue last month, and that's pretty much it. Right now I'm going through pinterest, magazines, etc. for color scheme ideas. We know how our bridal party/groomsmen will be (my sister and best friend, his two best friends), but I haven't "officially" asked yet. 

Next major steps I want to work on are photographer and DJ because the prices are just so absurd, and I really need to do a lot of research to make sure I'm getting the best value for my (limited) money. Hopefully want to have those set by 12 months away, since in NYC everything books up so quick, especially on the more affordable end of things.
  • Options
    Booked: Venue (Ceremony/Reception), Photographer

Bought: Dress, Favors, Invitations

Decided on: Wedding party, colors

Starting to find that booking so far in advance gets you killer deals on deposits! Our reception venue normally charges 75% up front to book a date ($9500 total bill) But because we're booking so far ahead they only charged us $1500.00 to save our date!
  • Options
    Stefanie! Yay for 10-10-15!  I'm so happy they started our October 2015 community so awesome! 

Update on what I have booked...I'm probably ahead because I will be starting clinicals probably right before our wedding Monday-Friday..anywho

Venue, Party bus, Photography ( He was named top 5 in the USA by wedding wire so excited!), DJ, Decorator, and just ordered by dress 2 weeks ago! 

• Options
    We booked our venue, DJ, Photographer/videographer, and got our wedding rings (so excited about that one, I try it on like everyday lol).  I also picked up some free birch branches for centerpieces on the community board, just had to pay for shipping.  I picked out one color I know i'll have (eggplant purple) and I scour magazines and always adding to my pinterest boards.  We just had our engagement party last weekend!
  • Options
    I tried on my first wedding gowns yesterday! We have also decided on a DJ and photographer. We just have to meet with them to sign the contracts and put down the deposit
  • Options
    I've booked my venue, church, photographer, and ordered my wedding dress. I already have my DJ picked, but we have yet to meet and sign the contract. My wedding is 10/24/2015 (:
  • Options
    wow! im suprised so many people are already ordering dresses!!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    My wedding is 10/3/2015 and you guys all make me look so lazy! Haha all I have done so far is look at a couple venues, email a few to schedule tours and pinterest my little heart out. I had twin girls in October so I am kind of behind on planning but up until now I have just had my hands way too full so I am able to do a lot more at this point. I look forward to getting to know you girls on our journey to our October 2015 weddings :)
  • Options
    @Kschaefer90  We're date twins!
  • Options
    @tiffany101015 No way for me!  My body is in no shape to go trying on dresses and I know it will only end in tears.  Plus what if I hate it in the next 18 months?  I'm probably going to wait until the end of summer at the earliest to start looking.
  • Options
    Yeah I'm trying on dresses in October 2014 so it's about a year out. I want to lose 20lbs before this happens! haha
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    We're going to visit our last venue choice on Friday and hopefully make a decision from there. Really the only things I have are the rings , what he's going to wear and my MOH. I know that sounds strange but he's not a tux wearer and we decided our wedding will be casual since we've been together for awhile. It's nice having lots of time since I've already changed my mind on dresses 3 times now, lol!
  • Options
    Date: 10/11/2015

Booked: venue, caterer, officiant

Colors: Decided, Gold and Black

Wedding Party: Unsure

Need: Photographer, Florist, DJ

I am going to try on dresses in October of this year...I am due in five days, and I am going to try to lose some weight prior to trying anything on! 

• Options
    I have booked/decided on: Photo Video DJ Band Photobooth Church Venue Florist Wedding party I have places set for the following, but haven't reserved yet: Hair Makeup Hotel Limo Bridesmaids dresses
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Mine too!!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Wow you ladies have so much done compared to me! All we have done is semi put together is a guest list and started to look at venues. 

I know I want to get save the dates out sooner than later because we will have a lot of out of town guests. 

Our wedding date is 10/24/14 

Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards