Not Engaged Yet

thursday ch-ch-chat

Re: thursday ch-ch-chat

• The Donut Debate:
    Donuts - KK
    Coffee - DD
    If I'm going to have a donut, usually I go to a local shop though.

I hate working out, but I think I'm going to have to re-read through this for some video ideas.  As soon as this congestion goes away I need to start doing something (thinking about just going to Spin classes again).

Anniversary
  • @TwoDimes - OG is only good for the salad and breadsticks!!!

• Meatball pizza is the best. I had a whole wheat crust, cheddar cheese, meatball, green pepper and onion pizza not too long ago. It was amazing.

• @twodimes I think I follow my FB friends and that's about it, a lot of people follow me, because I pin stuff a lot. I haven't lately though.

My friend just discovered Pinterest too and it's such a time suck for her.

I just got an email, my town is basically shut down so my car could be towed since there's a parking ban. WIN FOR ME! I could walk (2 miles) from where we're dropped off to my house.

Wedding Countdown Ticker

image 59 Invited
    image 36 Yes
    image 2 No
    image 21 Unknown
  • @TwoDimes I spend WAY too much time on Pinterest and I don't care at all. I hope it doesn't distract you from work too much. Sometimes if work is really stressing me out I'll take a 5 minute Pinterest break on my phone to give my head a breather.

@allusive007 My BFF got pregnant after she missed her pill for 3 days...so it could be possible. I'm excited for you if you are!

• @TwoDimes - But he's playing Peter! Bleh.

• @CocoBellaF - HERE is the recipe for the chili. It is actually a healthy recipe and very easy to make. Also perfect for people with gluten intolerance. We always add corn chips and shredded monterey jack cheese to ours. YUM!

It would be exciting if we were KU. Even though it wouldn't be timed as planned, we are definitly in a place right now where it would be an amazing blessing. I'm trying not to overthink it just because who knows right now. (But I am secretly a bit giddy over the idea!)

• @buddysmom80 omg I want mashed potato pizza! That sounds so good.

@Ollie08 I think I'm allergic to cats actually ever since FI's moved in and we now have 4 cats, especially when we moved to our new home. I am non stopped congested like every damn day.  I can't imagine what else would be in April I plan to go to an allergist.

Anniversary

• @TwoDimes My only Pinterest followerers are FB friends and then some total rando's. Once you start pinning you'll start getting followers like FB friends and random people (especially if you're pinning a lot of one thing...like DIY wreaths or something). I follow my friends and it seems like sometimes Pinterest sets up random people for me to follow who I swear must get paid to pin on pinterest or something since they basically do it all day long.

• @TwoDimes - I'll follow you on Pinterest! I don't know how to search for peeps, but if you PM me i'm sure we could figure it out. I love seeing everyone's stuff on there. I'm somewhat of a Pinterest addict.

@Imhollister - I must have read about every possible thing on the interwebs last night about missing pills, when you're most likely to get pregnant, etc. I'm trying not to think about it too much today, but how can I not think about it? At least I know H and I would both be super excited if we are. If not, we'll wait a few months as planned and start trying for realsies.

• I'm on Pinterest. My wedding account (YES, sorry) is jackandsteph, and my regular account is phira (there should be a picture of a parakeet getting a kiss). I don't pin a lot of stuff on my phira account because I'm virtually always logged into the wedding account so I can use the "pin it" button on my bookmarks bar.
    Anniversary
    now with ~* INCREASED SASSINESS *~
  • @allusive007 It was sort of the same for my friend. She wasn't married at the time and definitely not actively planning for a baby but when she and her then BF found out they were so excited and felt "ready" for that to happen. They got married a few months later and now have a beautiful nearly 2 year old son. I think they're planning to start trying for another this year.

• This thread is making me want all kinds of pizza. I can't talk to you guys ANYMORE.
  • AW moment! I just got a call from the woman who ordered our invitations and she has a digital copy of our proofs! Yay! She's supposed to send them to me shortly so maybe I'll be able to share them here. :)

Confession: I probably ordered our invitations WAY too early according to the wedding process but I don't care. I'm just happy that once I've approved the proofs we'll have our invites in our possession in only 5 or 6 weeks.

Question: Where did everyone stay for the night of their wedding or where are you planning to stay? We aren't leaving for our honeymoon immediately because my mom wants to host a post-wedding brunch the next morning. I'm looking at some fancy hotels like the Ritz-Carlton and the Four Seasons but I can't decide which one is better in terms of what we get. We can get a nicer suite at the Ritz-Carlton on their "Club Level" which comes with a bunch of perks but if we stay at the Four Seasons we still get what I think is a pretty nice suite AND I can get a "special occasions" package with champagne and chocolate covered strawberries and stuff like that.

Alternatively we can stay at the Doubletree where we have one of our hotel blocks. They don't offer any fancy schmancy rooms...like an executive/luxury suite but they still have a special occasions package and the room cost is a third of what we'd pay if we stayed somewhere like the Ritz or Four Seasons inside the city.

• @lmhollister We're not sure where we're staying yet. Here's our annoying problem:

We live in Boston (like, city proper) without a car. Our wedding is a 45 minute drive away and not accessible by public transit. We FINALLY found a great hotel to have a block at; they're outside of the city but closer to our venue, and they have a shuttle that can take guests to/from public transit/direct transport to the airport. They also have a car rental on location, so guests can either rent a car from the airport and drive to the hotel OR they can get to the hotel from the airport and drive from there to the venue. Not ideal, but it works.

The hotel we're blocking is offering us a suite for the same group price, which is totally awesome. But we're stressed about getting from the venue to the hotel and then home from the hotel; we'd rather not have a hard time getting home the next day. So the question is: do we find a fancy shmancy hotel in Boston for the night and hope there's a car service that will take us back to Boston; or do we get a room at our blocked hotel or another local hotel and have to get from the venue to the hotel and then the hotel home? UGH.

I'm leaning towards a Boston hotel. But I feel like we're wasting money because then we could just go home.
    Anniversary
    now with ~* INCREASED SASSINESS *~
  • we stayed in our home the night of the wedding (he lived there, I didn't until we got married).  we left for our HM in Boston the next morning and stayed at the Liberty Hotel there.  beautiful hotel!!
  • @Imhollister - I probably ordered our invites WAY too early also. I had an awesome coupon and we'd already signed the contract for the venue so I had the location, date and time. It is fun getting them in the mail - makes everything feel more "official" somehow. I can't wait to see your proof if you are able/want to share it on here! I'm getting super excited for all our upcoming NEY weddings!!!
  • @phira Yeah, I feel like the hotel @southernpeach89 stayed at offered her a free ride to any local destination the morning after their stay. Maybe if you choose a fancy schmancy hotel inside Boston they will do the same?

Also, sure...we could just go home the night of our wedding too and skip the whole trying to figure out how we're going to get around mess...BUT it's our wedding night. I feel like it's ok to splurge and do something special for just that one night ya know?

• edited February 2014
    We are staying in a suite that's part of our hotel block near the reception venue.

ETA I'm probably way behind I haven't ordered invites yet.  This weekend!!!

Anniversary

• @lmhollister - We stayed at the hotel where we did the room block. We drank at the hotel bar with a ton of our guests after we got back from the wedding and then hosted a breakfast the next morning there also. 

• @Phira- I've done personal training.  I started about 6 months before our wedding and it really, really helped in toning up my upper body.  I wouldn't say I lost a lot of weight but I did go down in body fat percentage, lost inches and my upper body was considerably more "cut" after training for 6 months.  I did three 30 minute sessions a week and then tried to get one to two additional workouts in during the week (either a cardio class or cardio on my own).  I'm back to classes mostly now because I'm trying to save some on the cost of the gym but personal training was a great motivator.
  • @lmhollister - We stayed at the hotel we got ready at (and the hotel where our guests were staying) the night of our wedding.  It was fun and totally worth the splurge.  Like @Swazzle we drank with our guests after the wedding (and going to the bars nearby in a big wedding dress = fun and lots of free drinks from other customers).  :)
  • @Swazzle I've been putting some thought into inviting everyone to the hotel or a bar after the wedding. I went out after my sister's wedding and ran into a bunch of people who had attended even though nothing formal was planned. And I know my dad's brothers all got together at the hotel bar afterwards and drank. I don't think FI is huge on the idea unfortunately. But I have plenty of time to turn him on to the idea.

Invitation proofs!! Nothing super exciting to see here...but they're mine so I'm happy. :)

imageimage

• @ollie08 my lip did that stupid swelling thing on christmas day last year.  It was awful.  I seriously will never sleep at FI's parents' house due to my cat allergies.  Dying is not on my schedule, lol

@swazzle I totally just bought Before I go to sleep.  Thank you :)

@lmhollister I know nothing about dog training, but I do know how frustrating it can be when students (mainly little students) go nuts on you and won't listen.  Ugh.  Hope you are able to learn some good strategies soon!

@cocobellaf and @swazzle and ALL THE OTHER BABY PEOPLE (swazzle is a non-baby person, i get it!) I completely have zero desire to make a kid out of my body, lol.  I do think I will be an excellent parent (as will FI) and FI would like a biological kid, but yea...we're in negotiations, because my body does not like doctors.

@allusive007 omg I can't imagine all the tween angst you had to read last night about missing your bC pills :)  I love that we're old enough and secure enough and have enough money that we're at the point now where if we got pregnant, it would be okay.  It takes so much stress out of sex.

@lmhollister We're staying in the same hotel as my parents the night of the wedding.  This is more hilarious because my parents paid for our room, so...I think we're gonna be neighbors.  That's okay.  I'm going to be exhausted, lol.  But I don't think this is the "normal" approach to night of?
    I guess, to tell you the truth, I've never had much of a desire to grow facial hair. I think I've managed to play quarterback just fine without a mustache. - Peyton
  • Blue & WhiteBlue & White member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    edited February 2014
    @lmhollister Blue & White WILL ATTEND.  Kthx.  Unless it's snowing.  Then I will stay in my warm Florida cocoon.

ETA: I don't know my own username...ugh
    I guess, to tell you the truth, I've never had much of a desire to grow facial hair. I think I've managed to play quarterback just fine without a mustache. - Peyton
  • @minskat30 I desperately want to parade around in my dress after the wedding and wear that thing absolutely as long as I possibly can. Somehow I'm going to make that post-wedding meet us at the bar happen....

• Hey everyone!

It's finally sunshiney outside and I love it. 

On the after-wedding what do you do thing, H and I actually spread word of mouth that we were going to the campus pub to drink. The manager knew we were coming, so he gave us all a round on the house, as well as mine and H's drinks. It was definitely the best decision and walking distance from where everyone was staying. Going to the bar in your wedding dress is so much fun!

We stayed at the hotel where our reception was as it was included in our package. I highly recommend staying near your venue since you'll probably be pooped to the max. H and I slept till 1 pm the day after our wedding. 
    --------------------------------------------------------------

"You're our early 20's BSC scarecrow. They cower at your maturity." - lennonkdc Anniversary
  • @audrewuh - I am so freaking jealous of your weather. NO FAIR. 

• @swazzle it's been so gross and awful I just couldn't stand it any longer. The sunshine poured into our bedroom today, and I apparently pulled the covers over my head and hissed at the sun while H was getting ready. 

Or so he says...
    --------------------------------------------------------------

"You're our early 20's BSC scarecrow. They cower at your maturity." - lennonkdc Anniversary
  • At the hotel we rented out the conference room and are fully hosting it with food, snack, drinks and of course alcohol. So after our reception ends at 11 people can go back there and hang out some more.  The hotel unfortunately doesn't have a bar.

Anniversary

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards