Not Engaged Yet
Options

How was your weekend?

I feel soooo great today even though it's Monday!

Friday I worked from home. FI and I had a few friends over for dinner and games. I made a delicious belgian endive and pine nut salad, asparagus, and the most amazing chicken cordon bleu EVER! It was sooooooo delicious. Then we had tiramisu and dark chocolate pieces for dessert. I'm also pretty certain my girlfriend and I drank at least two bottles of wine between the two of us. After dessert we played CAH and I totally lost but that's ok. I freaking love that game win or lose.

Saturday I had an impromptu shopping trip with my mom and @southernpeach89. I picked up a massive framed painting (like seriously...it's about 5 feet wide) from Hobby Lobby for our master bedroom. I'll have to take a picture later. I love the painting because it brings together all the colors I have in my comforter and in decor in the bedroom plus I got it for super cheap! Then I found a gorgeous dress at White House Black Market (with matching shoes and jewelry) for my engagement photo shoot in March and I got everything for $170! The lady cut me a super deal because I was buying so much and the giftcard that FI gave me for Christmas helped quite a bit too. Here's the dress I got!

Then I met up with one of my other girlfriends and we painted pottery together. I'll AW later once I pick it up since they have to kiln fire the piece first. I decided I needed a new guacamole bowl.

Sunday FI and I just took it easy. I let him sleep late (I woke up ridiculously early so I read my book for a few hours instead) and then we read the paper and hung out for most of the morning. Then we took Cinders on an hour long walk since it was absolutely beautiful outside and had a serious budget discussion about our HM. I felt really good afterwards because we actually outlined how much we thought we needed to go on a trip to Munich for 6 days based on some numbers I've pulled for airfare, car rental, stuff like that. So I think it's actually going to happen for real now! We just need to book our flights and FI needs to get his long-form birth certificate from CA and apply for a passport. After our walk we went home and grilled eggplant, artichokes, and tuna for dinner and enjoyed the remainder of our 60+ degree Sunday.

Re: How was your weekend?

• Options
    @lmhollister - I absolutely LOVE that dress! YAY for the HM planning! 

My weekend was really nice! 

Friday, H and I went to dinner at our local steakhouse. Dinner was delicious but I was really disappointed with the menu. I had been looking forward to a certain dessert ALL DAY LONG and then when we got there, they had a pre-fixe Valentine's Day menu and the cake wasn't on it :( 

Saturday, I was supposed to go to my cousin's bridal shower a couple hours away but it was snowing all day long and I didn't feel comfortable driving in it so I stayed home. I cleaned a little and honestly was lazy for most of the day except for my workout. I fell asleep really early for some reason. 

Yesterday, I felt really productive! I worked out, made breakfast, showered, went for a wax, and did a little shopping all before noon! H and I went to the movies to see The Wolf of Wall Street which I loved. When we got home, we caught up on Shameless and then went to his hockey game which they won :)

I'm off today so I've given myself permission to be lazy until noon then I will clean the apartment, work out, then shower and do my nails with a new polish set I bought at Sephora yesterday. 

• Options
    Friday night was not that great.  After I got the news that I got my date/time/location for my wedding, my brother was kind of unbearable (I swear my wedding is going to be his PPD!!) and so he had called my mom and my mom got upset at me - my dad later told me her mood swing against me was not really aimed at me, I was just in her path.

Saturday - FI and I went and got our room booked for our wedding (they need a confirmation number before they can finalize everything).  The AAA travel agent recommending holding off on airfare because it's really high right now and said we'd probably be able to get a better rate.  We ran a few other errands, got home and just relaxed and watched a movie.

Sunday - I had to go grocery shopping, so FI and I went to lunch then to the store.  After we got home we decided Loki smelled really bad and opted to take him to the self-groom and get him a bath.  When we got home, I made dinner.  After that FI realized he had to go home and do laundry, so he left.  I worked a bit on wedding stuff (I want to do a Newsletter/FAQ because most of our family has never been to Disney before).  After that I played minecraft with FI for awhile.

Anniversary
  • Options
    @Swazzle - I HATE when I get psyched up for something in particular and then they don't have it. I feel like throwing a tantrum saying "I'M NOT GONNA EAT HERE. YOU DON'T HAVE MY CAKE." 

Also, I'm really jealous of everyone that has off today. I'm not off of work this week, but the kids in our county are in school today. But don't worry, they're off on Friday… For Rodeo Day. Yes, that's a real thing here. 

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

• Options
    labrolabro member
    First Anniversary First Answer First Comment 5 Love Its
    edited February 2014
    @Ollie08 I have to work today too if it makes you feel any better. :) FI has the day off and I'm super jealous that he gets to laze around the house all day long. I could REALLY use a vacation.

• Options
    edited February 2014

Friday night was awesome! We went to CrossFit and afterwards H cooked us lamb chops, veggies, and a creme fraiche sauce. I made nutella cheesecake and it was noms! We rented some movies and just had a snuggle night together!

Saturday I got to sleep in finally which was awesome! We made pancakes that morning and then I went shopping with my sister and my mom. I bought some wall decor, frames, and curtains. Our living room looks amazing now! I also bought a book about puppy training because H and I are going to get our dog over the summer. I'm so excited! I haven't decided where I want to start...I think we will end up finding a puppy the first place we go and which ever dog we connect with first. Can't wait.

That night we went to a Couple's French Cooking class which was a blast! I love doing those things because I always learn something new about cooking.

Sunday I watched one of my best friends get baptized that morning and then H had a CrossFit competition the whole day. He thought he did better than he expected and I'm just proud of him for giving it his all throughout the whole thing since it's a really intense competition. I don't know where they placed but they beat all the other teams from our box. That night we were just exhausted so we ordered Chinese Food and did nothing. Loved it!

• Options
    I'm also jealous of those that are off today!  I want a holiday!!!  I so didn't sleep well at night because the whole wedding excitement and stuff I wanted to do/get and then other things that I'm confused about (transportation and what to do about my photography).

Anniversary
  • Options
    Beautiful dress, @lmhollister!

I'm so sleepy today ... I'm working. Technically I have the day off, but if I feel this far behind in my research, I probably am this far behind in my research.

Friday was okay. We went to gaming in the evening, so the day wasn't anything special.

Saturday I practiced the piano some more. I'm getting better - things are starting to sound like music. Then BF and I went out for Italian food for dinner for Valentine's Day. Since he has gaming long-standing on Friday nights, we decided to celebrate a day late. Really good food - I love eggplant parmigiana, so I was a happy camper.

Yesterday I had an almost totally unproductive day. I knitted on a baby blanket for a while, and I'm about 15% done with it. Not too worried, I don't have to have it done until June or so. I was supposed to go to my parents' place, but I didn't want to play chicken with whatever weather was supposed to roll in, so I stayed home. Now I feel stupid because the weather didn't actually show up until around 2 a.m. ...
  • Options
    I definitely tried to have a low key weekend. On Friday we went out to the Indian place- it was fabulous. When we got home we watched Love Story on Netflix. FI worked the entire weekend on a job in Wellesley, so we went to bed early. I pretty much lounged around, cleaned and cooked/baked. Oh, and of course I went to Target. I have today off and plan to do some work stuff so tomorrow isn't so harsh!
  • Options
    @ollie08 love the paintings! super pretty
  • Options
    Thanks @500days! It was a whole lot of fun. 

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

• Options
    @BriSox81 YAYAYAYAYAYAYYYY!!! :D

• Options

Hi everyone! Hope y'all had a fabulous Valentine's Day weekend!

On Friday I spent the morning helping my brother dig the family cars out of our parking spaces. This snow was NASTY - so heavy! To treat ourselves for our success and hard work, we decided to get some Taco Bell for lunch before I bought my friend's bridal shower gift. Then I worked from 3-11:30.

Saturday was my best friend's bridal shower! I got there early to help her family set up food and decorations and stuff. Everything was sooooo beautiful and tasty. Her family is Bolivian, so they had a few of the different traditional foods as well as some more familiar stuff, so it was amazing. I didn't realize until that morning that the shower was supposed to be a surprise, and neither did anyone but her sister and mom, apparently. I am so proud of us, because NO ONE spoiled it; she was so shocked when she came in! So that was super-fun and everyone had a great time. It wound being a seriously all-day event, so I crashed when I got home; I think I went to bed around 9:30 or something.

Yesterday I worked in the morning and got off at 3. My friend (the same one that just had the shower...she's a major player in my life, so she shall hereafter be known as MJ), her sister, and I were planning on going to see Frozen since apparently it's awesome, but we ended up going to her and her FI's new house to hang out instead. I brought milkshakes since we had all been craving them yesterday. Her FI is a drummer and his band was having practice at their house last night, so that was fun to listen to (no sarcasm - they are really good!). MJ, her sister, and her FSIL were all conspiring to fix me up with the bass player, lol. He was really nice, so we'll see what happens down the line - as my wise little bro told me, "You haven't even taken advantage of being single and over 21 yet! You have to go to the bars and make guys buy you drinks first!" Haha, so obviously I need to work that experience in somewhere first.

I have the morning off, so I started some chicken and dumplings in the slow cooker, YUM, and will eventually start studying, I swear! I'm going in to work this afternoon for a few hours too. Overall a really good weekend after the insanity that was last week.

• Options

@lmhollister, that is a gorgeous dress and I'm so jealous of your HM, Germany is on my bucket list of places to go to!

@swazzle I would be so pissed if they didn't have my favorite dessert at my favorite restaurant. It would ruin my weekend!

@ollie08 that painting class looks like so much fun! I have to see if they have something like that here.

@dignity100 we were going to book our flights for our HM last week but my TA advised against it too since she said wintertime is when everyone thinks about warm weather so the airlines jack up the prices on flights. We'll probably book our flight the end of the summer since we won't have an issue finding a flight (we live within a few hours of 3 major airports).

@brisox81 I miss you already and my stomach feels like I did an actual workout last night. I never laughed so hard!!!! Quigley misses you guys already (and I miss you guys too!!!!). Also SQUEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!

This weekend went by so fast but I had so much fun! We were supposed to go to my parents for my mom's birthday this past weekend, but the snow situation out there was iffy and FI didn't want to risk it so we stayed home. Our neighbors had reservations at a nice restaurant near us and offered them up to us, but FI suggested all four of us go out together, so the restaurant was able to do that. We had SO MUCH FUN! It was at a steakhouse, and I'm not a big steak eater, so I had grilled ahi tuna and it was delicious!!!! After dinner we went to the package store to get some booze and went back to our house to play CAH. The person who I didn't think would win won the game and they loved playing! I love when I get new people into CAH. Also my neighbor and my birthday is in the same month so we're planning an epic birthday bash. I can't wait!

Saturday I woke up with the worst hangover (so far) of 2014. FI gave me cold water and some motrin. The cold water made me sick and the motrin helped that I went back to bed, woke up at like 9am and felt great. We hung out and cleaned the house a little bit. Did our grocery shopping and grabbed a late lunch. Then we just hung out on the couch watching TV.

Sunday I finished cleaning the house and hung around until @brisox81 came over. We ate pizza, drank and played CAH. It was the best way to end the weekend! I'm so sad she had to leave. Quigley made a new best friend too which makes me feel a little bit better about him being around other dogs (he gets a little like "OHMIGAWD NEW DOG FRIENDS TO PLAY WITH BE MY FRIEND FOREVER, KTHANXBAI!" he was like that at first, but not as bad as he used to be.

I'm working today, but no one else is, and it's so quiet in my hallway to my office.

Wedding Countdown Ticker

image 59 Invited
    image 36 Yes
    image 2 No
    image 21 Unknown
  • Options
    Friday night, we went out to dinner and played mini golf.  

Saturday we met my step-dad for lunch, went grocery shopping, picked up more Girl Scout cookies for A to sell, and then watched Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows (part 1).  

Sunday, we hit up Macy's sale and FI picked out his suit for the wedding, and ended up getting another suit that he liked.  We also found a tie that looks great with the suit and our wedding colors, and cuff links.  He was so damn handsome in his suit, I am still smiling.

Oh, and our hotel in Vancouver for our honeymoon dropped in price by $50 per night, so I was able to cancel our original reservation and book it at the lower rate (with taxes and such, we saved about $180!)

• Options
    I didn't do much this weekend because I fell in the shower on Friday and I was really stiff.  DH made Valentine's dinner on Thursday night, so on Friday, we had breakfast for dinner and watched Emperor's New Groove.  Saturday and Sunday were a blur of reading review articles for work and curling up with the pup.
  • Options
    Friday was nice just to hang out and relax without any rehearsal.  Saturday I had 7 hours of rehearsal blah, we stayed in for dinner, ordered take out.  It was good.  I had rehearsal for 6 hours yesterday too.  We just watched walking dead last night.  Today we both have off, we are leaving in a few to get to the mall, look at wedding bands and do some shopping,  I have rehearsal tonight also but for my other show.

@Ollie08 I love the painting so pretty!!!!

Anniversary

• Options
    My weekend was really good!

On Friday BF and I had a really relaxed, low-key Valentine's Day. The plan was to go out to dinner but we decided to stay in to avoid the crowds. BF made me a really delicious dinner which was awesome until his brother decided to just randomly join us. And he was blissfully ignorant of my annoyance with this. The most frustrating part of BF living with his parents and brother right now is that any time we are having a nice moment alone someone interrupts it.

Emma Watson is Annoyed

After dinner we watched Band of Brothers and then played minecraft together.

On Saturaday we didn't do much. It was supposed to be nice but ended up being cold and cloudy so we just stayed in for the day. We also worked on my resume and putting together a cover letter. I'm really not excited to start looking for a job.

Sunday actually was nice so we spent a lot of time outside before I had to leave. Then I got home and did some studying, but probably not as much as I should have. I'm getting really nervous for my exams in 3 weeks!!

I don't mind having to work today. I have a really light day planned for class but I have been getting annoying e-mails from students asking if they can change their speech topic. Um no we start speeches on Wednesday and you can't write and practice this speech in 1.5 days that's why I assigned you topics two weeks ago.

• Options
    @bethsmiles The main page for my school's webpage was done on Saturday.  I got a FRANTIC email from a student asking me to give them another day on the assignment since she couldn't logon to Blackboard.  Um, first off, you can go directly to the Blackboard site (Blackboard was not down as it is not hosted by the school - and we got approximately 17,000 emails in the week leading up to the shutdown as they were updating our servers).  Second, the assignment isn't due until Monday (tonight) at 11:59 PM.  No, you don't get another day.  You still had 2 more days! :)  Students are funny

Our weekend was fun.  I took my first substitute job on Friday (it went okay, but gosh middle schoolers are crazy on Valentine's day!)  I'm not sure how often I'll be able to get sub jobs so I hope it's a decent supplement to my income without driving me insane.  I like teaching a lot more than subbing, but this will at least get me into the schools.  Saturday, FI went golfing with my sister's boyfriend in Orlando.  Sis and I messed around with some centerpiece ideas that were ridiculous (I would never recommend tissue paper pomanders to anyone).  Sunday, FI and I came up with wooden centerpieces and aisle decorations and today I ordered the materials for them.  Yay! 

I also filed my taxes today, which was nice until I did FI's taxes.  He owes more than half of what I'm getting back, so it seems like we're not really getting much back honestly.
    I guess, to tell you the truth, I've never had much of a desire to grow facial hair. I think I've managed to play quarterback just fine without a mustache. - Peyton
  • Options
    My weekend was pretty good.

Friday night was low key. Cuddled on the couch with C, watching the new Riddick and Bad Grandpa. Pretty damn good night.

Saturday we went to watch Cs daughter run a 5k, and that was about it. Ooooh and we watched USA vs Russia hockey.

Sunday we watched USA vs Slovenia, did laundry, grocery shopping and walking dead.

C and I don't really celebrate valentines day, but he did get me a very sweet card..

Today I'm stuck at work, but I did meet up with my trainer for the first time. I LOVED her!! I'm so excited! Even if I got up two hrs early.

I have a pot roast in the crockpot for dinner... I can't wait to go home!!
  • Options
    Silly me!  I totally forgot it's President's day and went to make my car payment at lunch (I always just walk in and pay it as they are slow to process if I mail it in and then I worry that it didn't make it).

Anniversary
  • Options
    Friday I got off work early, came home and got ready for dinner (Valentine's Day is our anniversary - my boyfriend and I celebrated 2 years together this year!)  He came over and we exchanged presents.  I got him an iPod because his broke.  He got me a GIANT teddy bear and a bracelet.    We had dinner reservations at 9:15 for a really nice, popular restaurant in downtown Portland, and didn't get seated til 10 pm!!  But the food was worth the wait! 

A part of me was hoping he would propose but he had told me beforehand it wasn't going to happen that night, so that I wouldn't be disappointed (he knows me too well).  But in the card he gave me, he told me that he knows we are ready for it, I just need to be a little more patient, and it will happen soon!!!  I'm not a patient person at all, so I am trying my best not to think, "Is it gonna happen today?  I wonder when he's gonna do it... I wonder what my ring will look like, I wonder if he's bought the ring yet... I wonder...." You get the idea....  Ladies, help me not think about it please!!!!

Saturday we went and saw Winter's Tale, since we couldn't see a movie Friday.  It was....interesting.  More to the story than they show in the previews, and it was just...interesting.  Then Saturday night we went to a friend's house for a party, which was fun.  My friend is a total lightweight and she was gone halfway through the night.

Sunday my mom and I went to get facials together - I bought her a gift certificate for Christmas, as she's never had a facial before, and she really liked it!  Later in the day BF came over and we cooked dinner together and watched the All Star game.

Today is still my Sunday so I'm just doing laundry and relaxing and running errands.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    @lmhollister LOVE your dress. I demand that you post engagement pics!

C and I went to church yesterday and he was acting super weird afterward. I wanted to go to lunch but he kept saying that he only had 20 minutes before he had to go run errands - like, what on earth do you have scheduled for a Sunday afternoon? Then I started thinking maybe he has to drive out to one of the jewelry stores in the suburbs. Y'all please talk me down, I'm about to go BSC over here.

On Friday the snow melted and I went back to work, then afterward went out to C's house and he cooked us a lovely dinner. He's great at cooking French food (I can't cook meals worth a damn, but I'm pretty good at making dessert). We prefer to do a quiet night in instead of going out on valentines day so it was perfect.

After being cooped up together for three days because of the snow, we both wanted a day at home alone on Saturday. I spent the day cleaning and watching a live stream of my church's youth conference, got a ton of housework done.

The weather was beautiful and warm today so I called up a friend and we went for a walk on the urban trail that runs through my neighborhood and then stopped at a taqueria for lunch. It was so nice to get out and stretch my legs and get some sunshine, but I had a margarita and now I'm ready for a nap.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

• Options
    Day off today so I slept in comically late (whoooops). I'm trying to get up the energy to go to the gym. Ladies, I am SO proud of myself for going Monday, Wednesday, and Friday last week and doing a complete week of Couch to 5K without having to repeat anything.

Friday night was all right. Had a good run at the gym, although I ended up in front of a TV that was doing a "verdict watch" on the Dunn trial. The talking heads (on closed captions) were so upsetting that I ramped up the speed on the treadmill so I would run too fast to look up at the TVs. After I got home, we had super yummy sushi for dinner and hung out. J loved his new silk boxers, and he got me a gift card to Modcloth. HELP LADIES what do I buy with it?!!! I'm trying not to buy more dresses; I never wear them because I work in a lab, and they're always too short ... but I love them so much.

All weekend's been pretty much the same. Sleeping in, relaxing, watching Supernatural and Dollhouse. We're almost done with Dollhouse, which I've never seen before. Ahhhh! Did a bunch if cleaning yesterday, so the apartment is much less gross, and I made some fudge for funsies.

Awful week ahead. Have to get to the gym today (I'm not usually successful about going to the gym if I'm not coming home from work--good luck getting me to leave the house), and then gym on Wednesday and Friday; Tuesday I have an infusion after work which always exhausts me for a week, and Thursday night we're having dinner with my godmother. All this plus more snow tomorrow? Ehhhhh.
    Anniversary
    now with ~* INCREASED SASSINESS *~
  • Options
    @phira keep up the good work a the gym!  that's awesome!  the beginning of couch to 5K was the worst for me when I did it in March/April last year (I then got my c diff infection RIGHT BEFORE MY 5K and literally had stomach issues while my FI completed the 5K and I stayed on the sidelines/in the bathroom...)  Once I got to like the 3rd week, it was SO MUCH EASIER.  It was pretty amazing.  I should really get back into it, but obviously since I got sick last time (completely unrelated, as I'm sure you know!) it's hard to psych myself up to do it.
    I guess, to tell you the truth, I've never had much of a desire to grow facial hair. I think I've managed to play quarterback just fine without a mustache. - Peyton
  • Options
    @lmhollister I was ticker stalking and um, you don't have a ticker.  You're almost at a month mark soon!  Like..8 months left?!  Get a ticker, dangit.  I need entertainment :)
  • Options
    @Blue & White I'm WAY too stupid to code the ticker thing though. And yeah 8 months tomorrow! I tried it once and nothing showed up in my signature so I gave up. :P

• Options
    @phira keep up the good work a the gym!  that's awesome!  the beginning of couch to 5K was the worst for me when I did it in March/April last year (I then got my c diff infection RIGHT BEFORE MY 5K and literally had stomach issues while my FI completed the 5K and I stayed on the sidelines/in the bathroom...)  Once I got to like the 3rd week, it was SO MUCH EASIER.  It was pretty amazing.  I should really get back into it, but obviously since I got sick last time (completely unrelated, as I'm sure you know!) it's hard to psych myself up to do it.
    AHHH C diff is the worst. I haven't had it, but I've been tested a million times because I have ulcerative colitis which has similar symptoms. It is The Worst. Everyone wonders why I fall off the wagon so hard when I'm sick, and it's like, "Let's trade places and see how YOU do at the gym."
    Anniversary
    now with ~* INCREASED SASSINESS *~
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards