Not Engaged Yet

How was your weekend?

2»

Re: How was your weekend?

• I'm late to the party. I had a pretty good weekend. Got a lot of shit done since it was an extra long weekend.

Thursday the office was closed due to the snow and Friday I felt like shit, so I stayed home. Yesterday we were closed for President's Day, so it's been almost a week since I've been in the office. I needed that break though. My body is just barely creeping along in the last few weeks of pregnancy. I only have one more week of work, and then BABY!!!!!!!!!

Anyhow, Friday was meh. We didn't really celebrate. I woke up and said Happy Valenitine's Day! and got back a "You too, babe" :\ We said we weren't gonna do presents this year since we're really focused on the baby, but you know deep down I was thinking Maybe he'd pick up flowers or chocolates? I even mentioned really craving chocolate covered strawberries. But nada. No card. I can't REALLY complain, because I didn't get him shit either. I'm just a whiney asshole right now.

Saturday was cool. Mom and I went with our bazillion gift cards to both Target and Babies R Us and got the last few things I needed. There still one or two things I have to go back for, but for the most part we're all set! I'm so excited! Saturday night el Senor and I went out for one last date night before baby. We had dinner at Bahama Breeze (holy NOM!) and went to see About Last Night. We laughed so dang hard that I thought my water broke about 3 times. Nope. Just No-Uh kicking me in the bladder.

Sunday el Senor put the crib together and I started full on 'nesting mode'. I washed every piece of baby laundry (except the cloth diapers) folded and put everything away. Everything looks so freaking great. I still need to paint the dresser, but that's it! So Nursery is about 95% done! I'll post pics when we finish it - hopefully this weekend!

Last but not least, we revisited 'the talk'. Originally, we had a very specific plan for when we would get engaged, but life circumstances with both us and my mom's health have changed and that plan isn't completely realistic any longer. The plan was we weren't going to get engaged until we bought our own place. With my mom's health deteriorating and the baby on the way (plus his current job situation), we're holding off on buying/moving out and staying with Mom until we can find and afford a place with room for her. BUT I thought he was still holding onto that plan, so I finally asked where he was at with the timeline, what he was thinking, etc. His response was vague, but reassuring. He said "I have a plan. No, it doesn't follow what we originally had in mind, but if I tell you the plan it will give away the surprise. So, I can't tell you." And then said that he's not planning on waiting another year, so...Not gonna lie, I wanted to shake him, but I didn't. Then I returned to watching America the Wild with my neice.

"Stuart was scared, but he loved Margalo, Mommy. And there is nothing bigger than love." -The Bean
     "His farts smell like Satan's asshole mixed with a skunk's vagina. But it's okay, because I love him." -CSousa

• Ollie08Ollie08 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment
    edited February 2014

Last but not least, we revisited 'the talk'. Originally, we had a very specific plan for when we would get engaged, but life circumstances with both us and my mom's health have changed and that plan isn't completely realistic any longer. The plan was we weren't going to get engaged until we bought our own place. With my mom's health deteriorating and the baby on the way (plus his current job situation), we're holding off on buying/moving out and staying with Mom until we can find and afford a place with room for her. BUT I thought he was still holding onto that plan, so I finally asked where he was at with the timeline, what he was thinking, etc. His response was vague, but reassuring. He said "I have a plan. No, it doesn't follow what we originally had in mind, but if I tell you the plan it will give away the surprise. So, I can't tell you." And then said that he's not planning on waiting another year, so...Not gonna lie, I wanted to shake him, but I didn't. Then I returned to watching America the Wild with my neice.

@beanbot2002 - DAFUQ?! Why am I just now hearing about this?! 

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

• Ollie08 said:

@beanbot2002 - DAFUQ?! Why am I just now hearing about this?! 

Cause he just said it 48 hours ago? lol

I love you! hahaha

"Stuart was scared, but he loved Margalo, Mommy. And there is nothing bigger than love." -The Bean
     "His farts smell like Satan's asshole mixed with a skunk's vagina. But it's okay, because I love him." -CSousa

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards