Not Engaged Yet

share some good news!

only fuzzy, positive thoughts allowed!

1.  a boxer that has been missing since the May 20 tornado was reunited with her family today.  she was starving (spine and ribs easily poking through), but she's home and with her family!

2.  a neighborhood dog (a bull terrier) has been missing for over a month.  her owner found her today; another family in the neighborhood found her and had been keeping her until they found her owner.

3.  I might not have to buy a new vacuum...  apparently, I need to try changing the filters first.  but even if I do have to buy a new vacuum, I've already got a pretty cool one picked out!

Re: share some good news!

• I just officially checked off all the stuff we needed for our centerpieces on our list of things to do! I needed black overlays, I emailed the venue and they're renting them to us. I'm so happy, it'll be one less thing in the basement!

My MOH's H just got a job offer, he starts on Monday and that means behbehs soon!!!!!!!!!!!!!

A month from now I'll be in Europe!

Wedding Countdown Ticker

image 59 Invited
    image 36 Yes
    image 2 No
    image 21 Unknown
  • I am getting back a really nice refund on my taxes!!!!

Anniversary

• @swazzle so exciting!!!!!!!!

Wedding Countdown Ticker

image 59 Invited
    image 36 Yes
    image 2 No
    image 21 Unknown
  • We have our first cake tasting on Thursday!!! I'm pretty excited about it.

I got a phone call today about a job I applied for.  I have an interview!

FI and I bought a ton of stuff for the wedding this past weekend, so we have been doing wedding crafts together and its been fun :)
    Anniversary

• @Peaseblossom55 - we should get the results of our taxes back this week.  we left them with our tax guy and he said he should get back with us by the middle of this week...  hoping we get back a huge refund to help with some car repairs/maintenance!

@Swazzle - JEALOUSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!

@buddysmom80 - !!!!Europe!!!!
  • I've been having really bad sinus issues, and the ENT my doctor referred me to told me yesterday that they couldn't fit me in until 3/24. My doctor wasn't happy with that, so today I got a call that the ENT can see me tomorrow at 10:30. :)

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • @cocobellaF all of the refund money is going to the wedding & honeymoon  I look forward to having money in my life to go something other than wedding expenses

Anniversary

• SwazzleSwazzle member
    First Anniversary First Answer First Comment 5 Love Its
    edited February 2014
    @buddysmom80 - Tell us more about Europe! What are your plans while you're there?DETAILS.

• @buddysmom80 yes details!  I love Europe

Anniversary

• I got my tax return today :)

I have something like 4 concerts coming up in the near future!

We probably have RSVPs in our mailbox (I'm totally going to check!)
    I guess, to tell you the truth, I've never had much of a desire to grow facial hair. I think I've managed to play quarterback just fine without a mustache. - Peyton
  • our first year married, we got back like $1000-2000 (I can't quite remember).  last year, we only got back $500.  I guess that means that we are getting more during the course of the year, though, so that's good.  we'll see what it's like this year!
  • I just added the anniversary trip to my countdown app and realized I am traveling SO much in the next few months and it makes me so excited I could pee my pants. 

Next weekend, H and I are going to the Poconos with my family. 

The weekend after that I'm going to Boston with @csousa1, @brisox81, and @buddysmom80

The first weekend in April is Texas with @audrewuh, @elle1036, @doubless, and Hazel. 

And then Costa Rica is at the beginning of May. 

HOLY MACARONI. 

• edited February 2014

@swazzle did I miss it where did you decide to go on your anniversary trip?

ETA I'm so tired I can't read properly where in CR?

Anniversary

• @swazzle what countdown app do you use? I have ONE app just for my wedding, but I want to count down all the things!!!!!

Here are the details for Europe: We leave March 17th from JFK to London so we'll get there the 18th, we have the whole day to loaf around (my mom wants to go to Harrods to find a MOB dress). That night we're going to take the London Eye (hopefully there's no fog). The next day we'll do a hop on-hop off tour and see all the sites. Thursday we're doing another tour (I think Tower of London?). Friday we go to Stonehedge and Bath.

Saturday we take the Eurostar to Paris and then have the whole day to do nothing in Paris (shopping, shopping, shopping). Sunday we go to Versailles. Monday during the day we go to the Louvre and at night take a tour of Paris on the Seine

Tuesday we fly to Rome and it's a free day. Wednesday we go to the Vatican. Thursday we go to the Colosseum and some other sites and Friday we fly home.

Wedding Countdown Ticker

image 59 Invited
    image 36 Yes
    image 2 No
    image 21 Unknown
  • @buddysmom80 do tower of london it was awesome.  I am so jealous of your trip

Anniversary

• @peaseblossom55 I just checked the itenerary and we are doing Tower of London, I'm excited because it was my favorite part of London when I went there as a teenager! I loved seeing the Crown Jewels.

Wedding Countdown Ticker

image 59 Invited
    image 36 Yes
    image 2 No
    image 21 Unknown
  • -Apparently I have a refund coming to me from school for last semester, which I totally wasn't expecting. AND I'm supposed to be getting a nice tax refund, so double YAY!

-It's my brother's 22nd birthday today. It's just exciting, because he's all clean and sober, hopefully getting a job soon (he aced his phone interview yesterday). Tonight I'm taking him and his GF out tonight for STEAK. YAY!

-Personal victory: I wore my hair down today, and it's still down. I think this is longest I've gone in a couple months without pulling it back. It looks nice.

-I currently have an A in Peds right now, which is awesome because I love Peds and I'm thinking it might be "the one."

-I'm just surrounded by amazing friends and family, and I feel really lucky about that.

• @buddysmom80 - That sounds incredible! London is one of my favorite cities in the world. I don't love Paris, though. Are you going through the Louvre on your own or with a tour guide?

@Peaseblossom55 - We're staying in Sardinal (Guanacaste). 

• @doubleSS07 - woo-hooooo!!!  that's awesome news!!!!
  • @swazzle we were looking in that area may be next year we'll go.

@buddymom80 if you can go to the Musee D'Orsay in Paris, it's near the Lourve one of the best museums ever..IMO

Anniversary

• I'm so jealous of all these tax refunds!

H agreed to let me buy a new entertainment center.  So I have an excuse to go shopping:)
    photo bridalparty.jpg
  • FoxandBunnyFoxandBunny member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment Name Dropper
    edited February 2014
    BF is in a job interview right now, so hopefully that goes well! I'm super excited for him because it's where he wants to work. I'm sure he'll ace his interview.

@buddysmom80 - I'm so jealous! I just got back from London, but I want to go again as soon as possible. I highly suggest going to a pub called The Churchill Arms. It serves amazing Thai food. The Tower of London was my favorite. I also suggest you go to Greenwich if you have time. It's totally worth it. There is an awesome pub there called The Plume and Feathers that you have to go to. Amazing food and the best pub atmosphere I found in London. I'm also insanely jealous you're going to Rome. 

@beanbot2002 - You're so close!! You better post pictures of No-Uh once he graces the world with his presence! 

• We got the first disc of Castle from Netflix today!

Got a loooooot of good going on in my life right now, folks.
    Anniversary
    now with ~* INCREASED SASSINESS *~
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards