Not Engaged Yet
Options

FRIDAY.

FINALLY. 

What's up for the weekend?

H and I are going to the Poconos tonight with my family. Our hotel is pet-friendly so Lucy gets to come too! 

Tomorrow morning H will go off to snowboard with my cousins and I'm taking a ski lesson with my mom and my aunt. I snowboarded once in my life and that was 13 years ago. I've never skied. Tomorrow night the whole gang (me and H, my parents, grandmom, aunts, uncles and cousins) is going night-tubing and there is going to be a parade and fireworks! 

On Sunday, checkout is 11am so we'll probably head home around then. 

Re: FRIDAY.

• Options
    I'm working Saturday and Sunday because I'm in the middle of a drug trial with the mice.  I haz a grumpy.
  • Options

@swazzle that sounds like such a fun weekend!!!!!!!!!

@sakalicious :( working on the weekends sucks

Tonight I might fold laundry, FI isn't getting home until late since he has to put his requests in for a new shift. He was ranked 39 out of 500 employees so he pretty much has any pick of the schedule he wants. He's hoping to get four 10-hour days and a 3 day weekend.

Saturday I'm taking my MOH out for her birthday. We're going to a new restaurant in the city near us that has boozy brunch. I don't think it'll live up to the standards of what myself, @swazzle and @hummingbird125 are used to, but I won't complain because mimosas!

Saturday night is still up in the air, probably nothing too crazy

Sunday I'm going to start packing for Europe.

Wedding Countdown Ticker

image 59 Invited
    image 36 Yes
    image 2 No
    image 21 Unknown
  • Options
    Gaming tonight. Piano practice tomorrow. BF's gamemaster has a birthday party tomorrow night. From what I've heard we're all getting together to play board games. The rest of the weekend looks quiet. I'm hoping to get some serious cleaning done and keep working on the laundry.
  • Options
    Hey everybody!!  I'm hoping today is a little more quiet and I can pop in here and there.  My whole team has been out so it's just been me.  It'll be a nice check as my employer gives out OT though.  My Team Lead's wife had a baby so he was taking 2 weeks off and then he wanted to work from home and just do documentation for 2 weeks (this is the same guy that whines if I'm out for more than 2 days because there's just too much work to do - which is a true statement).  The other guy on my team is not trained the best and is not the fastest learner so he was told to go train with a different team and is not available to me, so it's just me.  I'm completely stressed out (my whole body feels stiff from the stress) and it just stinks. 

Saturday - going to pick out my wedding dress!!  I'm pretty sure I know the one I want.  FI's sis is coming with me, so at least I won't be alone and we'll get to bond a little.  I've barely had any one-on-one time with her.

Sunday - we have tickets to our broadway series Joseph and the Amazing Technicolor Dreamcoat - so that'll be good.

Other than that I have to catch up on housework and I have some more 'work-work' to do.  I think tonight I have a date with my pillow and blankie setup (FI has poker).

@Swazzle I'm looking for a weekend getaway and I know the Poconos has come up - what is there to do there this time of year? 

Anniversary
  • Options

I forgot to add I had ANOTHER WR nightmare last night. Yesterday before I left work, I got our contract from the venue and there were a lot of things that needed to be changed (it was their standard contract but we were guaranteed an off-season price, so it was just a number issue). Anyway, last night (this morning) I had a dream that:

1) everyone was late (which will happen, my MOH is always late), my photographer couldn't get any pictures done because everyone was late.

2) We only had six guests and they were all from FI's side

3) The venue had six other weddings going on at the same time (my venue is small), my JOP was performing all the other ceremonies and was causing him to be late

4) My aisle runners were white lights from Christmas (this wasn't too horrible)

5) Our reception room wasn't set up and my dad had to enlist his friends to help set up for the reception.

Will these nightmares ever stop?????

Wedding Countdown Ticker

image 59 Invited
    image 36 Yes
    image 2 No
    image 21 Unknown
  • Options
    @buddysmom80 - I'm jealous of your brunch! Where are you going?

@dignity100 - We're going to be skiing, snowboarding, and tubing. I'm sure there's also other winter stuff like ice skating and snowmobiling in the area. We're going to Camelback but there's also Jack Frost, Big Boulder, and Shawnee all basically in the same area. 

• Options
    @swazzle we're going here: http://www.box63.com/ I think I'm going to get the lobster grilled cheese because it's my two favorite things in one sandwich!

Wedding Countdown Ticker

image 59 Invited
    image 36 Yes
    image 2 No
    image 21 Unknown
  • Options
    @swazzle, have a great time this weekend! Sounds like such a good time!

@Dignity100, enjoy the show!

This weekend was SUPPOSED to be pretty awesome, but now it's only looking kinda awesome. My friend's FI is a drummer in a band, and we were going to go see them play tonight, but the singer has a cold, so the show is cancelled. :( It's good in the sense that I can work on this project my boss gave me last month but only got me the information I needed to get started on freaking TUESDAY (I'm not bitter), but I was looking forward to the music, food, dancing, and friends.

Tomorrow is my co-worker's birthday, so I'm working her twelve hours that day. Joy.

On Sunday I will do some studying, and my friend's little sister and I were taking about going to see Frozen, if it's even still in theaters, and get milkshakes. The girl is only 17, but she is basically me in high school form, and we get along like sisters, so I'm excited about that. :)
  • Options
    @buddysmom80 - OMG that sounds so good!!! 

• Options

@swazzle that sounds like so much fun! Have a great weekend!!! I've never been skiing or snowboarding before I always wanted to try it.

Tonight I have to be at the theater to run concession for the show going on.  Then home to relax with FI.Tomorrow I've got a bunch of errands to run, including hopefully Hobby Lobby, going to church and also FI & I are going wedding ring shopping again, still trying to get that other ring out of my head.  Then staying in and just relaxing and being with each other, I've been so busy we have had much time to just hang out.  May be I can get him to take me out to dinner on Saturday. 

No plans for Sunday, probably help FI refinish the cabinets, hopefully by next week sometime they will be done.  Yay I also need to spend quite a bit of time this weekend cementing my lines for the next show I'm in.  I'm looking forward to not have any rehearsals this weekend at all.

Anniversary

• Options
    Morning! I'm at the car dealership servicing my car this AM. Tonight I'm watching my littlest sister. I'm hoping she is up for ordering pizza. I haven't had pizza delivered to me in like over a year. (H always opts to pick it up if we order pizza.)

Haircut scheduled for tomorrow AM.

Then H gets home Sunday! I miss him lots.

I'm remembering parts of my dream last night. I know flygirlmeg was in it, and my dad's sister. And someone bombed a church. My dreams are always so unpleasant. Well flygirlmeg wasn't unpleasant, she was asking me to join her on a conference call.

• Options
    I walked in the restroom at work and looked in the mirror and realize - I forgot to put makeup on this morning (and I forgot my e-ring).  Guess I'm more out of it than I thought.  Thankfully I don't wear much makeup, just enough to even out my skin tone. 

Anniversary
  • Options
    @Swazzle- Your weekend sounds like a blast! I haven't been skiing in a couple years and I've been so wanting to go back again! 

Tonight we are going to CrossFit and afterwards we may go out to dinner and a movie or just stay in and watch movies...haven't decided yet but I have a ton of laundry I need to do.

Saturday we are going to run our weekly 5k and I'm going to try to beat my time of 28:40. I hope I can do it...at least by 30 seconds or so. Afterwards, we are going to one of H's friends surprise 30th bday party. I made cookies last night to bring and they are soooo good! OMG they have all the good things inside them like choc chips, M&Ms, peanut butter, and oats. Yum!

Sunday we are going to church and then it's just the rest of the day to chill and hang out. We will probably go have dinner with my family. It's supposed to be nice this weekend so we will probably spend some time outside.

DON'T FORGET TO SPRING FORWARD for daylight savings time : )
  • Options
    @swazzle - FUN!!! I live in CO and don't ski or snowboard. I probably shouldn't admit that for fear of banishment from the locals.

@Dignity100 - My poor coworkers; I don't ever put on makeup to come to work! I'm in office by 7am so the extra 15 minutes of sleep in morning trumps putting on my face. I usually just wait until lunch and go put it on in the work bathroom. Yes, I'm lazy.

Tonight is soon-to-be SS's first swim meet of the season so we're going to to watch him butterfly his little heart out. Tomorrow I reeeeeallllly want to sleep in but will likely get up to go to stupid barre class, and Sunday we're doing a 5k walk in remembrance of a friend who committed suicide last month. She was missing for month before they found her. It was such a tragic case.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options

DON'T FORGET TO SPRING FORWARD for daylight savings time : )

BOO. No smiley faces belong in this statement!

• Options
    labrolabro member
    First Anniversary First Answer First Comment 5 Love Its

@CLoGreenEyes but Daylight Savings means no more darkness in the evenings! How is this a bad thing? I just want it to be warm and light out all the time so I can do stuff outside in the evenings again. :(

Today I'm working from home and trying to take time in between meetings to clean the house. Hopefully FI comes home tonight and does more work on the bathroom because we're having friends over tomorrow night and our guest bathroom is covered in drywall dust.

Tomorrow I'm getting up early to do more cleaning or yard work...whatever is necessary. Then at 11 I am going to horse rescue that's about 5 miles away from my house to attend their orientation for new volunteers so I can start volunteering there. I keep going back and forth in my head whether I want to go tomorrow because I have sooooooo much to do before our friends arrive so I guess we'll see what I get done tonight. After the volunteer orientation I'm going back home and will proceed to scramble around desperately trying to get everything in order. We've invited some friends over to have a Bonfire Night in our backyard. We have a ton of junk wood to burn so I figured might as well turn it in to a party. I'm making virgin white sangria because two of our friends are Hindi and don't drink and I wanted to have something special for them too. There will also be marshmallows for roasting, hot dogs, beer, wine, veggies, and all sorts of good stuff. Hopefully we'll get in a few games of cornhole too.

Sunday I'm going back to do another cake tasting with the first baker FI and I met with. I had her make a specific tasting cake for the flavors we want to order and then I think I'll make my final decision. Otherwise Sunday is just going to be recovery day. It's supposed to be really beautiful this weekend so hopefully FI and I will be able to get a walk in and some more yardwork.

• Options
    @Dignity100 so exciting! Pictures please!

I'm staying in tonight. Need to catch up on cleaning and laundry and sleep.

I will probably have to work on Saturday, which is a bummer because it's supposed to be nice outside and I would much rather go for a long walk on the Beltline. But the cleaning crew at my office threw away a TON of really important documents that cost a lot to have produced, which means we will have to redo it all. After work BF and I will take the dogs to the park and then get dinner at Maggiano's.

Sunday is church and then lunch at the food truck park and running errands. So excited to have some warm weather FINALLY.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

• Options
    We're hosting the first round of the hockey playoffs, so I have work tonight and tomorrow. It's best-of-three, so hopefully we just win tonight & tomorrow so I don't have to work on Sunday. I also have a lacrosse game tomorrow, so I'll be here most of the day. 

That's really it. I'm saving up all my mojo for next weekend. WOOT.

*******************************************************************************************

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

• Options

@lmhollister, haha, I'm just all sad because I don't want to lose that one precious hour of sleep. ;) But afterward I am DEFINITELY looking forward to more sunshine and hopefully other springtime kinds of things to come (like warmth? Maybe?). :)

Your Saturday night sounds awesome! Y'all know how to throw a party.

• Options
    TGIF but this Friday BLOWS and it's only 10 am!

Tonight we're going to be home with the girls, DD1 has her first soccer game of the season tomorrow. We're going to the game and then I have a family photo session I'm doing in my community on Saturday afternoon. 

Sunday we have church and we'll probably both be editing all day.

@Swazzle - Yesterday, your namesake came home from school and ran to the tv to catch up on her shows (Thursday and Friday are really the only 2 days she gets tv after school). She sat there and watched the last 2 episodes of PLL. I told her that's one of your favorite shows and you two should Skype while watching them. :-) 

• Options
    I am a Grumpy McGrumperson today!!

tonight, H and I are trying out a new local restaurant.  it looks soooo yummy.  I think we're going to get H a new pair of exercise shoes, too.  his fell apart.

tomorrow evening I'm getting together with a girl friend and we're going to go to Homegoods and TJ Maxx and grab some dinner. 

Sunday I'm going to recuperate from Daylight Savings.

yup, that's about it.
  • Options
    @Ollie08 - We totally need to chat about PLL! 

• Options
    I've finally got functioning email (our NEW email system!) and Girl Scout cookies.  today is looking up!
  • Options
    Screw Daylight Savings. I want my hour of sleep, dammit!
  • Options
    TGIF!!

I had an interview this morning!!! The lady told me she will set up a second interview with the lady who is head over the entire Social Services dept. It pays  A LOT more then my job now so I hope I get it!

FI and I are going to a Flogging Molly concert tonight! I can't wait.  I havent seen them since 2007 when they played Warped Tour.

Saturday afternoon we are meeting with the venue/cater and going over the menu and room set up.  I don't think we have any plans Saturday evening.  We were going to get FI's parents and my parents together for dinner but my mom, who has been sick since last Feb, isn't feeling well lately so we're going to reschedule. I need to get our centerpieces bought, painted, and put together.

Anniversary

• Options
    @severmili12 good luck with getting the job and the second interview

Anniversary

• Options
  • Options
    @Swazzle Your weekend sounds like so much fun!

Today, I actually went back to sleep after dropping FI off at the train station, which I NEVER do. So I just finally woke up around 10:30am :-) Now I'm making some coffee and working on Etsy stuff.

Today I'm supposed to get my official job offer from the kid's dad. He asked if I would be open to doing both jobs for a few months (babysitting his daughter when needed, and working for him in his office), and I told him I would be fine with that. Mostly, I am just so curious/anxious to see what kind of salary he will offer me. If he offers what I've made at my past 2 full-time positions, I'd be VERY happy. Any more than that and I will be thrilled. Any less, and I'm going to have to seriously re-do my budget. No matter what it turns out to be, I am super excited to be getting an actual, steady, paycheck soon!!!!!!!

FI and I will probably stay in tonight and tomorrow night. We have a whole season left of Game of Thrones to watch, and a large bottle of wine in the fridge. Tomorrow we'll probably take the pup to her favorite dog park, and I'll go food shopping for the week too.

Sunday a friend of mine is having one of those Avon-type-parties. All the stuff she's selling is totally overpriced, but she will be serving brunch and drinks - so I'm going! I'm also making a friend of mine come with me.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    phiraphira member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    I am EXHAUSTED. J and I had a huge multi-topic fight last night. We ended up being up till almost 3am, and then I couldn't sleep until 4am. I woke up 30 minutes late, and I have NO idea how I managed to get out the door in 5 minutes (well, yes I do: my hair is a greasy grease-ball).

I'm working till about 6:30, and then we might rent a Zipcar and go to the grocery store. We're just going to keep treating J's wrist like it's broken, which means that it's just a lot easier for us to drive to the store instead of me making 2-3 trips this week to get what we need. We might stop by the DollarTree for cheap wedding stuff.

Tomorrow, I'm either working for 4 hours OR 7 hours. I won't know until I get in tomorrow morning. At some point, I have to leave work to get a massage (I don't want to cancel, but I didn't realize I'd be working this weekend until a couple days ago), and then go BACK to work. Then we're going out with one of my friends and one of J's friends on a double (blind for them) date.

Sunday, I have to either work for 4 hours or 7 hours (depending on how many hours I worked Saturday). I also have to write a recommendation for a student who's actually been unbelievably rude about the recommendation. He asked me 4 months in advance if I'd write it (fine. I said yes). Then he harassed me a month later, like, "I know I asked you if you could write me a recommendation for [program], please confirm that you haven't forgotten." I told him, no I haven't forgotten, the recommendation isn't due till mid-March, that's why it's not done.

He emailed me again a couple weeks ago with another "REMINDER PLEASE CONFIRM" type email, so I told him, "No, I haven't forgotten. If you haven't heard from me by March 10th, then shoot me an email." He replied saying okay, and then he emailed me yesterday saying, "I know you said to wait till the 10th to email you, but I'm leaving for spring break, so I just wanted to remind you that it's due on the 14th."

I haven't responded because I can't think of what to say besides, "I will not write you a recommendation because I don't want to recommend someone who is incredibly pushy and disrespectful. After numerous unnecessary email reminder from you over the past several months, I asked you to wait until Monday to get in touch with me. You did not wait. I'm not feeling like there are many things I can recommend about you to this program."
    Anniversary
    now with ~* INCREASED SASSINESS *~
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards