Not Engaged Yet

FRIDAY.

2»

Re: FRIDAY.

• lmcooper86lmcooper86 member
    First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its First Anniversary
    edited March 2014

DON'T FORGET TO SPRING FORWARD for daylight savings time : )

BOO. No smiley faces belong in this statement!

My sentiments exactly.

BF and I were supposed to have dinner with his friends tonight, but he is still sick so I think staying in with pizza and a movie is sounding way more likely!

Tomorrow he has hockey and we both have errands to take care of, and then he is FINALLY meeting my BFF and her man; work and vacations and moving have made this impossible for him to meet any of my friends yet! That'll be followed by the Leafs/Flyers game. I'm tired just thinking about how busy (but fun) tomorrow will be.

Sunday is church x2, hopefully with a nap in between!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Wedding Countdown Ticker

• @phira, ugh. Sorry to hear about that. All the wine for you.
  • phiraphira member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    @KeptInStitches GOOD NEWS J bought wine last night yay.
    Anniversary
    now with ~* INCREASED SASSINESS *~
  • Happy Friday, ladies!  H and I are working today (I'm working remotely so I can also clean the home...first open house is this SUNDAY!!!).  We are traveling this weekend to visit family in Wisconsin this weekend which should be fun.  That's all I got.  Keep your fingers crossed for us for the open house!
  • @Phira, wow, your student sounds cray! You're a trooper for still writing him the recommendation, but it might be helpful to give him the feedback anyway when you give it to him. He should know that he needs to take people SERIOUSLY when they say, "I'll have it done by this day. Email me AFTER that if you don't hear from me."

@minskat30, crossing everything for your first open house! Refresh me - do y'all have a new place yet or just starting to look?

• phiraphira member
    @CLoGreenEyes Actually, this is going to sound really silly, but it didn't occur to me to give him feedback after I finish the recommendation. I was agonizing over whether or not to give him that feedback now, or just not mention it, complete the recommendation as I promised, and then if he asked for another recommendation in the future, tell him no. I think I will do as you suggested!
    Anniversary
  • Wahhh...Does NO ONE want it to be light out longer?!? I seriously become sad when it starts to get dark at 5:30....Blasphemy all around today. 
  • phiraphira member
    So, I don't really mind when it's lighter out later in the day. I do like it. And one thing I hate about the end of DST is that it VERY SUDDENLY gets much darker much earlier.

But DST is a construction. It's only SUDDENLY lighter our later/darker out earlier because we decided it was suddenly an hour later or earlier. Arbitrarily (REALLY arbitrarily; DST used to start later in the year and end earlier, and the change wasn't nearly as dramatic as it is now).

In my ideal world, we'd drop DST entirely. The benefits are negligible at best, and the consequences (sleep deprivation, scheduling getting messed up) are pretty palpable. I'd rather have the regular slow and steady seasonal changes in light/dark and not VERY SUDDENLY have to adjust my schedule.

So that's why I hate DST. It's not the hour of sleep (although there IS that, especially since I have to work Sunday morning). It's that I feel like the time change is entirely unnecessary and disruptive.
    Anniversary
  • @TwoDimes- Sundays are pretty lazy for us too. I can't remember the last time we had things to do on a Sunday that were important...maybe before the wedding lol.
  • phiraphira member
    YAY my coworker is coming in on Sunday and offered to do my (5 minute total) timepoints!

Anniversary
  • @Phira, wow, your student sounds cray! You're a trooper for still writing him the recommendation, but it might be helpful to give him the feedback anyway when you give it to him. He should know that he needs to take people SERIOUSLY when they say, "I'll have it done by this day. Email me AFTER that if you don't hear from me."

@minskat30, crossing everything for your first open house! Refresh me - do y'all have a new place yet or just starting to look?

Just starting to look.  Its exciting to be on the looking side but stressful to be on the selling side. 
  • @phira I completely agree on the uselessness (is that a word) on DST now....

Anniversary

• I'm with you @southernpeach89 - I hate how early it gets dark.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards